Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Change of life      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Change of lifePage 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Hi Chappy,

I too want to congratulate you on all the great and positive progress and inroads you`ve made since your decision to change your life..

I`m still hoping that we`ll get to have a catch up early in 2019 if you do come up here to West Yorkshire for more course training..

Oh and I`ll not be sat on my hands all day or night, I`m going to be pretty busy helping out on a volountary basis at Dewsbury Bus Museum, there is always plenty to do there.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 11/29/2018 2:05:37 AM
Good on you Wrighty. Pleased to hear you've got your life sorted and doing the things you want to do. I'd really love to hire on of those old Charabancs and tour the Cotswolds for the day with friends, all dressed in 40's kit, with wicker baskets full of fish paste sandwiches and a few crates of stout.

In real life, the plan is to be up your way 22nd January for a 3 day course.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 203
Change of life
Posted: 11/30/2018 2:57:54 AM
Hey Bryan....why do you do what you do?

That’s quite the question, I’d be bollocksed if someone asked me.

“I’ll go away and have a think about it” :)
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 12/1/2018 3:54:19 AM
Hey Roxy - why do you do what you do?
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 12/1/2018 10:07:17 AM
Hey there young Roxy,

I really want to answer your question but wondered if it was relating to my role here on the site or my previous roles while I was self employed?

I`ll look forward to your reply as always :-)
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 1/12/2019 2:35:21 AM
Anyway, an update. I had my last lesson on Monday and got all the paperwork signed to apply for my trainee licence. So from a week on Monday I shall be probably the oldest trainee driving instructor in the UK :-)

Got a new car coming a week on Monday, a 3 day course up Wrighty's way that week and then looking for a few victims from about the 25th!

Ah but it doesn't all end there! I have 3 days being observed by a senior instructor in the next few months then a test by a DVSA examiner n about 4 months.
 Wrightbus71
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 1/12/2019 11:29:21 AM
It`ll sure be good to meet up with you Chapster while your up here in West Yorkshire..

Its also fantastic that things are moving along at good and steady speed with your new venture...I`d love to be an instructor but of course it`d have to be for buses and coaches :-)

Bryan
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 208
Change of life
Posted: 1/12/2019 2:42:18 PM
Not the oldest chap

“Great-grandmother Laura Thomas is Britain's oldest driver instructor at the age of 94 - and has taught more than a thousand learners in 76 years behind the wheel. She's never been in an accident and none of her pupils take more than two attempts to pass their test.”

Good luck :)
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 1/14/2019 3:12:13 AM
Thanks guys. Wrighty the plan is still the same but things can change, I'll let you know if they do. Out of interest, once I've passed my final exam, I can teach on any vehicle I have a licence for apparently. So I could go get myself a PSV licence and teach bus drivers but somehow I don't think I'll bother. It probably means though that I can teach 7.5 tonne and B&E?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Change of life
Posted: 2/11/2019 8:39:25 AM
If there is anyone still here who is interested? wrighty and I met up a few weeks back while I was on my induction course. Picked up my new car, got ait all logoed up and picked up my trainee licence.

Since then I've been out teaching a few pupils. This Sunday I had two great female pupils. One I've taught before and the other a total newbie. They're both doing well, very well and seem to have confidence in me which is great. I loved spending time with them, the three hours were such a hoot not like working at all! apparently I'm supposed to be nervous doing this but I don't feel any anxiety at all.

Hopefully I can pass my final exam in May and make this a permanent job.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 211
Change of life
Posted: 2/12/2019 2:29:19 AM
It must feel amazing to be doing something that challenges you and you are enjoying doing.
I’m jealous :)
Well done Chap.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Change of life