Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The feminist man-hating agenda undertone is most women's profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 julystorm7
Msg: 26
The feminist man-hating agenda undertone is most women's profilesPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I am a proud feminist but it is important to denote that there are 3 main feminist camps:

CAMP A
The man-hating feminist. Believes women are better then men and that women can and should live without men. If a woman is to be with the man, they must be the ones in charge of the relationship and not the man.

CAMP B
The equality-in-everything feminist. Believes women should be equal in everything to men. Believes in eliminating differences between men and women in all aspects of life.

CAMP C
The egalitarian feminist. Believes men and women are equally important and share equality in decision-making but have important differences and roles of equal importance.

I'm in Camp C. I think gender roles are important and having men and women occupy different roles is not a bad thing. However, a woman should be given every opportunity to pursue whatever career or position in society they aspire to but should not be looked down upon by aspiring to traditional gender roles. And I will repeat MOST FEMINISTS DO NOT HATE MEN. Because the word "feminist" carries such a bad connotation I often will not refer to myself as a feminist to separate myself from the more extreme feminists. I will call myself an egalitarian feminist though.
 Inicia
Msg: 27
The feminist man-hating agenda undertone is most women's profiles
Posted: 5/20/2018 6:54:46 PM
Well the bugger off to bigoted misogynists has to be clear or certain minds miss it-it is ok you be a'right move on next profile maybe you'll find an S that is ok with weak D in all aspects..most are looking for equal adults that do not blame others for their lack of capabilities, or failures in life-keep throwin your bait out you will find one that suits
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/20/2018 7:41:28 PM

You sound like an angry person

Anger is a mask for hurt. A sad childhood should not possess a person in adulthood :0(

CAMP C
The egalitarian feminist. Believes men and women are equally important and share equality in decision-making but have important differences and roles of equal importance.

This is how I relate to feminism too. I feel feminine & womanly & don't want to be EQUAL to a man, but rather have EQUAL rights.

Men don't menstruate or get pregnant or give birth. They are not the guardian of the egg. They are the seed sowers. Some fear, even hate the "V", some resent the power/allure it holds over them.
 Inicia
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/20/2018 8:16:19 PM
We are equivalent- not equal the movement Equal rights not equal people- I Fight for equal rights ..."equality"- a phrase that most can clearly understand- Can you imagine the civil rights movement shouting Equivalency then we get separate but equal- here is your drinking fountain Jim Crowe here is everybody elses'.
camps????? what??? there are billions of people with millions of ideas..there are three U camps of ignorance

Unlearned,
unwilling
unable
 julystorm7
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/20/2018 9:56:56 PM
Huh? I'm not clear in what you are saying. Race and gender rights are two very different issues.
 playingindirt
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 5:53:36 AM
I don't think they are all man haters.
we do get real tired of men that don't want to know a dang thing about us or even care but will hit us up for sex. then they get offended and feel all rejected when messages get ignored.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/21/2018 6:38:16 AM

we do get real tired of men that don't want to know a dang thing about us or even care but will hit us up for sex. then they get offended and feel all rejected when messages get ignored.

In the years that I did OLD, 80% or more of the messages I got was from men who just wanted a receptacle for their lust.

Many years ago maybe 20, when AOL 1st came out & they had local chat rooms, I recall talking to a guy on the phone & he was helpful (I don't recall his name or where he was, etc.)

He said most men on the internet just want to do "hump & dump" & that if I was going to participate, I should be very picky, & only meet the best looking ones or the ones who were willing to spend the most $

At the time I was raising my kids & wanted more- a real relationship w/ a "nice guy", so I didn't heed that advice. Sometimes, I think I should have.

I was alone & a lot or had many dates, but little to no sex, holding out for Mr. Right.
 hemingway234
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 7:03:33 AM
Sure, there are plenty of people on dating sites with bad attitudes and issues.... and telling them you get over it won't work, you can't change people (although counseling could help them). So what? Just don't talk to them - it's really that simple.
 cooldog65
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 8:15:39 AM

we do get real tired of men that don't want to know a dang thing about us or even care but will hit us up for sex.

I can guarantee 100% that I will not hit up anybody here for sex...
 Inicia
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/21/2018 8:35:20 AM
Ditto^^ cool: no fear from me...
 feirene
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 10:55:46 AM
Before i start i'm gonna just say women are not responsible for mens issues, men are responsible for them. We are responsible for our own and are dealing with them. We are not your automatic emotional suppliers nor are we here to do things that you should be proactive in doing yourself. We are free to support you if we wish but that is all.

I'm guessing the bold quote in this thread was from NDTFan or a similar hypocritical misandrist feminist who wants to cherry pick.

As if nobody is biased.

No feminist has ever sought equality. If equality existed, women would be forced to register for the draft, get drafted, deployed, and killed in combat. For over 100 years in the USA, women have been able to vote, but have not had the responsibility of the draft.

All you've proved is that equality doesn't exist and then cherry picked something that men are forced to do and implied that someone fighting for their rights should also be forced to do it.

If true equality existed, the 19th amendment would be overturned and only people who registered for the draft would be allowed to vote. Most wars are started and maintained by Democrats, and feminists tend to vote Democrat. The wars kill significant numbers of male voters, adding to female control of the vote. Thankfully the majority of white women who voted chose Trump over feminist Hillary, showing there's a sane (non feminist) majority in the USA.

I'm not america but freedom! *waves american flag at ya*
Think i'll mention most of the people controlling congress are male and that's pretty much all that needs to be said.

Women make nearly 100% of the choice of whether a baby is born or killed, yet the man is forced to pay so-called "child support" when she chooses to have it. If true equality existed, Roe v Wade would be overturned and replaced with a rule that if anyone who could possibly be the father doesn't want the kid to be born, the mother would be forced to have an abortion.

Yet most of the people involved in making laws surrounding abortion are men...so what has gone wrong here?

Why don't men have the right to force a woman to carry a pregnancy to full term, using her body to do that?

Why aren't men allowed to have sex and not suffer any consequences but we want to force women to?

Why are women bringing up kids on their own and the only issues some men have is that they have to pay for their own children?

Why aren't men forced to give up their time, and use their body to do that, yet women are expected to?

Why isn't anybody caring about the children involved here who did not even ask to be born?

Your society prizes money over life and that's sad.

Millions of American men have no 2nd Amendment rights because the so-called "violence against women" act takes guns away from any man who is falsely accused of domestic violence. Over half of actual domestic violence is a female attacker against a male victim, yet the law only takes guns away from men. Have never heard of a feminist seeking to end the discriminatory law you can tell from the title is biased.

Guns, wow *waves my little american flag again*. So you'd rather all mentally unstable nutcases were allowed to keep their guns in the off chance they aren't a mentally unstable nut?

Many other examples of inequality exist: women live longer, over 90% of suicides are male, over 99% of the people killed by police are male (and mostly white. Contrary to popular belief, only 23% of those killed by cops are black), over 99% of the victims of the death penalty are male, most homeless people are male, most cancer victims are male, most deaths on the job are male, etc, could go on forever. No feminist has ever sought equality on any of these issues.

Yeah but you want people who might be mentally unstable to keep their guns. Make your mind up. They can either have them removed and not commit suicide with one and not be killed by the police or they can keep their guns.

Feminists also assume guilt when innocent men are charged with rape or wifebeating, as shown by the many hoaxes such as the Rolling Stone false rape allegation or the Duke lacrosse team false rape allegation. Meanwhile, countless women commit and get away with rape without any consequences, for example the female teachers who rape young boys and rake in fat pensions for the rest of their life.

Did you know that sexual assault is only reported in the media if their is a general concern for the public?
I used to think it was unfair until i found out that fact. The law itself says only to report crimes in the media when there is concern and people need to know about it. Google it if you like, you will find the law applies to all the western world.

80% of rapes don't even go to court because of lack of evidence (and not lack of rape). Only 4% of rape accusations end with any form of penalty for the perpetrator, including jail.

Feminists are hypocrites. For example, Marlo Thomas fired a staffer because she got pregnant. They love Bill Clinton even though he did the same type of things Trump and other targets of the "me too movement" are accused of doing.

Not getting the link between firing a women for getting pregnant and Bill Clinton? he fired someone for being pregnant? I'd like the context for this statement.
Also seeing as pregnancy is a womans issue then it's safe to say that firing someone for being pregnant is a feminist issue also.

Another way feminists are hypocrites is the way they do a 180 on abortion if a baby is aborted because it's female and the parents only want a son. Then the feminists demand a forced birth and they steal pro-life arguments from the right such as abortions cause breast cancer.

Omfg. You are so dumb. Abortion is not the issue here, the fact that female life is not valued is the issue.

Any sign of feminism in a profile is a dealbreaker.

Note how the feminists in the forums regularly post that they expect the man to pay for everything on a date.

Lol, i'd say nobody really comes off as a feminist on here although most women will be feminists because they don't want to lose their rights. Even the ones who say they are not feminists actually are if they care about their rights as a woman, that are separate from mens but still issues all the same.
 feirene
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 11:11:48 AM
And yeah half of that is sarcasm based on fact with facts thrown in.
You have a poor support network for your mentally ill, as do many places.
Your police force needs sorting out for sure. Ours was like that in the 1980s, it's not so much now.
You have issues with being forced to do stuff, well duh so do women and that is why nobody should be forcing us to use our bodies to continue a pregnancy, especially as we're still the main people being left to use our lives and time to bring them up and expected to earn our own money on top of that (which we can do now but still everything comes at the expense of something else).

If you have issues sort them. Do not expect women to back down and also become a part of your sh1tty statistics.

I don't even hate anyone, but i'm not some submissive flower that puts up with your sh1t.
 Inicia
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/21/2018 11:56:15 AM
Yes one U camp met

Race and gender rights are two very different issues.

not sure what you mean??? only one human race- ethnicity sure but? race??? What do you mean??? could you specify what you mean by race??? my turn to be unwilling-- are you unclear of what equivalency means??? or how these movements for just and fairness are SIMILAR??? Do you need a sociology course or history lesson??? Will you need to understand similar? and TOTALLY DIFFERENT is extremely clear to me and apparently you are willing to assume TOTALLY DIFFERENT RACES and GENDERS TOO?? refuse to see humanity in whole???
 julystorm7
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/21/2018 12:04:37 PM
You speak a tad non-sensically so I have trouble understanding what you are saying sometimes. Sorry, I didn't quite comprehend what you were trying to say earlier in your post. You were talkiny about Jim Crow laws but we were talking about feminism.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/21/2018 1:00:26 PM
I cooked a lot for the first husband too, he loved my stuffed cabbages the best. He always wanted these labor intensive, King Henry the 8th Meals.

One time he got nasty about something I cooked (crazy/moody) & called it sh1t on a shingle (no I am not a bad cook) so I got my revenge.

A few days later i made home made chili.

After he ate it, I showed him an open can of Alpo Dog Food in the trash.

We had no dog :0P

He ran to the bathroom, put his finger down his throat & made himself puke.

After that, he learned to shut up about what I cooked.

#2 has NEVER complained about my cooking, been very grateful & even bragged about it.
No Alpo here!
 MsMicki
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 2:29:27 PM
I had lived on my own for almost 20 years when my now deceased boyfriend moved in...
I was so used to just doing everything on my own that I had to learn to let a bit of "control" go and let him do things!!
I will never forget when I came home from work and he was on my riding mower....I'm not sure I had ever seen him laugh so hard over the look on my face!! I kept saying "it's cool...it's cool"....and he just kept laughing....
I learned to control my facial expressions a bit better after that....

I still have a hard time asking for help from my current guy...but he is a good man and doesn't make me ask!!
This getting old thing is making it harder and harder to do things on my own...so I do appreciate a man that is willing to jump in and help me with my many projects I get myself into!!
 Qura
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 4:19:54 PM
I'm camp B, but would change the definition to distinguish between eliminating social differences and respecting biological differences without allowing any sort of biological determinism.

It's funny that anyone thinks feminists would decline fighting for their country--it is a right women have sought for many years, and have actually accomplished, in so-called "non-combat roles" for many years already. Didn't the military recently remove that distinction, and women are now allowed in combat roles? I may have that wrong, but I know too many women who worked with patrols in Iraq (for example) in "non-combat" roles, who were right in the thick of things and did their duty.

I think a sure sign that someone doesn't deserve the title "feminist" would be arguing that women can't or shouldn't fight for their country.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 7:02:23 PM
Excellent replies, Qura!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 9:32:42 PM

We are equivalent- not equal the movement Equal rights not equal people- I Fight for equal rights ..."equality"- a phrase that most can clearly understand- Can you imagine the civil rights movement shouting Equivalency then we get separate but equal- here is your drinking fountain Jim Crowe here is everybody elses'.
camps????? what??? there are billions of people with millions of ideas..there are three U camps of ignorance

Unlearned,
unwilling
unable

Sometimes, I see people who create their own issues, and go into a frenzy because things won't go their way.

"Life is only as hard as you make it."-Howard Eberhardt.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2018 10:11:56 PM
I'm baffled by what has happened on two recent threads and I;m wondering if anyone can explain it. On this thread for good reason based on his OP he is treated by most every one with derision, some even calling him a troll.

However on this thread.

Any old excuse to not meet.
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16705939.aspx

People are giving him advice even though he states in the OP

I chatted to one woman for an hour after which she said she didn't think we would be suited.
I knew it after 10 seconds !

He trolled this woman for an hour and none of you see anything wrong with this?

One person even advised him

Recognize time wasters and learn how to avoid them.

Really!!! Telling a time waster to recognise time wasters? Seriously?

Any answers? I'm thinking selective reading.
 feirene
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2018 5:39:13 AM
I don't know what he knew after 10 seconds, was it that they weren't compatible or was it that she would reject him?
The word it is pretty vague.
 Inicia
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/22/2018 9:33:03 AM
Not to dissuade your contribution but this question you pose (about communications in another forum)would be addressed much better by those in said discussion-or beginning a topic of your own- if generally curious as to people's motivation for their post?
No need to gossip and we have no clue as to intentions of others or motivation...
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2018 3:20:41 AM
"Hail to the V" pie looks scrumptious.

A culinary goddess.

I'm in awe.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/23/2018 7:33:45 AM
^
IT WAS SO EASY!

My MIL gave me a huge bag of frozen blueberries

I went online looking 4 a recipe- some place in Maine famous 4 their B-berry pies said the trick it to take the blueberries while still frozen, throw sugar & flour in a bowl, mix, then toss in the frozen berries, then throw that into whatever crust recipe u have & bake it till crust looks done

MIL gave me a bag of fresh limes last fall, made 2 key lime pies, a diff but easy recipe online
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2018 8:10:08 AM
I will try that recipe with my family, this weekend. Thank You!

Limes are an essence of great cooking (and baking). What a wonderful gift.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The feminist man-hating agenda undertone is most women's profiles