Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The feminist man-hating agenda undertone is most women's profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zonavar68
Msg: 76
view profile
History
The feminist man-hating agenda undertone is most women's profilesPage 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Yes, and it's damn difficult as a guy to take any sort of decent selfie as a guy doesn't have cleavage to show off in a photo sexy figure-flattering attire like women are gifted with, and I have facial hair because I like it and I'm comfortable with my appearance. I'm not alpha, and never try to be. I am me and my pics and profile as genuine and the real me. If it turns off 99.9 percent of women who actually chose to view my profile, that's fine. That just proves that most female profiles are actually fakes. ;-)

I don't want any feminist agendas or comparisons to ex-partners. it's pretty simple stuff but sooooo many women cannot handle a guy actually standing up and saying it because they immediately tarnish that person with a pseudo-#metoo type cloud.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 77
wash ur hands w/ hot water & soap
Posted: 6/22/2018 7:01:19 PM

OP has an odd expression in his main pic, like he just pinched a loaf that was too large, or sat on a tack that pierced his an us & ba lls.

I think u sat on a tack whilst pinching a loaf...
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 78
view profile
History
The feminist man-hating agenda undertone is most women's profiles
Posted: 6/23/2018 10:12:30 PM

codger

the OP has a ridiculous, unflattering pic up.

You think you will get a half way decent woman w/ that type of bait?

IMO calling him a codger is kind!

Reminds me of attacks junior high girls use to make to put someone down.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 79
JUSTIN BIEBER IS WAY COOL
Posted: 6/24/2018 3:43:29 AM
TY, better to be a junior HS girl than an old bag, "heavens to betsy-ing" everything!

:0P
 2ufo
Msg: 80
view profile
History
JUSTIN BIEBER IS WAY COOL. NOT.
Posted: 6/24/2018 8:55:41 AM
Oh, heavens to Betsy!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2018 8:42:33 PM
I know what a Virago is-

It's a Yamaha motorcycle, V-twin, rather mundane performance, for short people. They came in 250, 535, 750, 920, and 1100 cc's. They are an entry level bike that will survive almost any silly modification. Some will saw the mufflers off to imitate the harley sound. (Makes it sound like riding mower with a hole in the muffler) That will make it slower. ( Not a bad thing for some)

Did I win? Is their a cash prize?
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 82
at the sound of the undertone, the time will be....up
Posted: 6/26/2018 8:07:56 AM
I remember those, had to ride one for my motorcycle license class. I'm not even tall, and it felt short in length. had to be a 250, we also had Nighthawks and I think those were the smallest engine for us newbies. Still remember the kid who had bought himself an 1100 (may have been a Katana, it was that long ago) before taking the class, and after riding these bikes the first lesson, realized he needed to work his way up to something that big. Bought a 500 cc the next week. Probably the best lesson he learned from that class, I recommend any new rider take a class like that.

probably keeps the organ donation down to a dull roar.
 2ufo
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2018 11:41:33 AM
Virago as motorcycle...
I thought I remembered something like this, then decided it was my imagination.

Glad to know there is a motorcycle named after badass women.
You win... bragging rights.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2018 3:51:32 PM
Then the woman had better be badass, because the bikes weren't.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2018 4:45:20 PM
2ufo wrote:
The word 'beyond' also means 'outside of', 'as well as', and 'in addition to'.

I believe these are the meanings that Madame is referring to when she wrote

I do understand....The thing is, there are probably plenty of men who can "think beyond their pen1s." They just aren't as "attractive or exciting," or something like that.

I still don't undestand how a woman can objectively grade a man on his ability to "think beyond his penis," though. Is it just something that becomes apparent when you date them..ie, ogling attractive waitresses in your presence, etc. etc.? Do you send out hot friends undercover to tempt him in bars, clubs, etc. etc.? Otherwise there must be some type of questionnaire or interview involved. Maybe they wrap electrodes around his pen1s...and monitor penal activity upon questioning, like a lie detector test. I mean, if a dude gets a woody on the question .."Do you like to breathe air?" then, I guess he gets thrown back into the pond. THen the question "who pays?"

I suspect this is why women enjoy romance novels so much - the men in the better ones show evidence of a higher intelligence and emotional maturity as well as an acceptance of women's sexual equality.
And they're also young, buff and hot...attractive and exciting...AND can think beyond their pen1s. In other words a Frankenstein created in the laboratory of a romance writer's mind, nothing that really occurs in real life.

Blonde Angel writes:
OP has an odd expression in his main pic, like he just pinched a loaf that was too large, or sat on a tack that pierced his an us & ba lls.
Guess I'm left wondering how you know what that looks like.

2ufo writes:
Do you prefer virago or termagant?
Actually as Purple has noted, a Virago is a motorcycle...I didn't know it had another meaning. I was about to write I had a Virago in the 80s but my memory had failed me, after doing some googling, what I had was an XS850 Special, not a Virago. Virago sounds masculine, though. But it also means a female who is "warriorlike," which I think some of the wimmins here would like being called. So I don't know if "virago" is totally bad, like codger.

Termagant? Sounds like something you need to call Orkin to spray. Or something you'd call a guy who hits on women in grocery stores.
 2ufo
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2018 5:19:25 PM

I do understand....The thing is, there are probably plenty of men who can "think beyond their pen1s." They just aren't as "attractive or exciting," or something like that.

Maybe we women should find the penis attractive and exciting.... :-)
Which we usually do, after finding the guy interesting...
There are lots of people who can't think beyond one particularly thing - one-track minds. For some it's their sex life (penis included) while for others it may be politics or shopping or television. And, for a lot of POFers, it's complaining about finding no one who finds them interesting.

And they're also young, buff and hot...attractive and exciting...AND can think beyond their pen1s. In other words a Frankenstein created in the laboratory of a romance writer's mind, nothing that really occurs in real life.

But I thought I at least implied that it didn't happen in real life - that's why women read the things.

Virago - a loud-voiced, ill-tempered, scolding woman; shrew, Archaic. a woman of strength or spirit. Synonyms: scold, nag, termagant, harpy, Xanthippe.
Termagant - a violent, turbulent, or brawling woman, (initial capital letter) a mythical deity popularly believed in the Middle Ages to be worshiped by the Muslims and introduced into the morality play as a violent, overbearing personage in long robes. Synonyms: shrew, virago, harridan, scold.

*sigh* I love words but now I have to go read some Greek mythology to discover who Xanthippe is/was...
 dark_n_juju
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/5/2018 6:59:14 AM

es, and it's damn difficult as a guy to take any sort of decent selfie as a guy doesn't have cleavage to show off in a photo sexy figure-

But you do have BROAD Shoulders and nice arms....You do have the ability to dress nice and take a picture like that. The majority of men take pictures where they rolled out of bed, eye buggies and all. YOU can almost smell them in the pictures. Then they email a woman talking about how much he loves her pictures and he really wants to meet her.

Online dating is a marketing and sales game. You market via your pictures and profile. The pitch is the first email. REMEMBER To sale to the need which is stated in profile then focus on the HER not your desires to get to know her. Talk about shared interests. EVEN if you have to google those interests to talk about them. What you are seeing as man-hating is really women stating what they are looking for in a man. And most men are not used to women stating their needs and expecting them to be met. You just have to improve your marketing and pitch to the need.
TALK about her interests.
Example:
You are a movie fan? What new release are you dying to see? I really want to see mission impossible. I LOVE those movies. In fact I really think Tom Cruise has become a great action actor. I really enjoy his movies. My favorite is Minority Report but I equally enjoy edge of tomorrow. WHO is your favorite actor/actress?

RATHER THEN THE TYPICAL Hi. I love your profile and really want to get to know you.

IT is all sales and you have to learn the skills that will make you successful at it.
 daynadaze
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2018 11:33:40 AM
Why would a person come to a dating site to bash women? What is the point? Do you hope to mentally harm a woman who is working on self-esteem issues? Same with women who come here to bash men. What is your point? So OP doesn't like feminists, so what, don't date any. Trolling is simpling showing people what's wrong with you personally, is that your need, to show everyone your issues?
 Inicia
Msg: 89
Posted: 8/8/2018 6:55:30 AM
^ Ditto- If you don't like or turned off by profile for whatever reason- a polite no thank you-moving on- is all that is necessary-It is not necessary or helpful to explain anything more-if someone asks for advice on profile or why?: cool give reasons; yet even when asked attempt polite kind delivery. We all see people-profiles we perceive unfavorably- if you believe it is a minor issue asking "hey what did you mean by "___" or "I am not sure what you are saying with"_____". Again making decisions for self: rather than lambasting an individual for personal beliefs or feelings..Everybody has different life experiences..
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2018 8:38:08 AM
I have seen MANY also. unreasonable lists of what they don't want displayed in a negative way, bashing their ex or men in general, over stressing their perfectly happy to remain single and sex will never happen, the list goes on. I have always assumed they were bitter from an ex but when the negativity and hatred shine threw in their profile, I have no interest whatsoever! defend their reasons all you want, but worded differently, I 'might' see a women hurt in the past that's happy to move slow or just date instead of a vengeful **** with an axe to grind.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2018 4:56:40 AM
Kind of like the mens profiles.
No Golddiggers ( yeah, they looking on POF for a yacht owner) HA!!
No cheaters or drama queens.blah blah.
Even though I'm not a large woman myself I am very turned off by fat, balding old guys that state they prefer "petite women".
They don't even know petite means short. It reminds me of No FAT CHICK bumper stickers. Losers.

ANYHOO, stop whining.
It's just common sense to bypass people with a chip on the shoulder be it male or female. You can't be that stupid can you?
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2018 5:22:03 AM
{ANYHOO, stop whining.
It's just common sense to bypass people with a chip on the shoulder be it male or female. You can't be that stupid can you? /} I am sure there are mens profiles just as bad, obviously skipping past them would be logical. my point was not about who is worse but agreeing with op that the man-hating agenda is common, like half the profiles!
 dark_n_juju
Msg: 93
Posted: 8/9/2018 5:51:51 AM

my point was not about who is worse but agreeing with op that the man-hating agenda is common, like half the profiles!

It is pretty common in the male profiles also. They are bitter, angry men who put this in their profiles OR worse yet in their emails to you.
I had one guy who kept emailing me. Telling me all about his political beliefs and how he talks to everyone on the site. Telling me how he graduated from MIT and how he had Mercedes and he traveled and did rodeos. The guy was complete JERK who held women in a lesser regard because they were women. Oh there just as many men who are BURNT to a crisp on this site.
 whiterose0
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2018 10:06:16 AM

Kind of like the mens profiles.
No Golddiggers ( yeah, they looking on POF for a yacht owner) HA!!
No cheaters or drama queens.blah blah.
Even though I'm not a large woman myself I am very turned off by fat, balding old guys that state they prefer "petite women".
They don't even know petite means short. It reminds me of No FAT CHICK bumper stickers. Losers.

Yeah, I always got a kick out of those. One time some guy about 5' 7" and easily pushing 300 lbs contacted me and asked me how much I weighed. His profile stated he didn't want a woman over a size 8. I was small enough for him, but he turned me off.

He probably would have crushed me to death unless I was on top, and our faces would have been so far apart that kissing him would have been out of the question. I told him I wasn't interested.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2018 10:24:35 AM
ZONAVARAN --

I see you have improved your profile by getting some better pictures and losing the ugly, unflattering pic of you working on your car as the main pic.

But PLEEEEESE -- take that one out altogether, as well as the one next to it that "might" be naked.

Also, you might want to take the words "Sensuality" and Seduction" out of your list of interests. You might think it looks alluring, but to most women it comes across as just plain pushy. Most women DO want "seduction" and "sensuality" in a relationship. But not up front and early on.

I personally do read the profiles, and if I saw either of these two words in a man's list of interests -- especially as the first one listed -- I would stop reading and exit immediately.

One reason a LOT of women get to be "man haters" in the first place is because they're so fed up with men who are PUSHY.

Now I have questions for you, based on your thread title:

Are you sure that the "manhating agenda" undertone is in MOST women's POF profiles? Or have a FEW rotten apples spoiled your barrel?
 oldwxman
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2018 12:29:09 PM
*Are you sure that the "manhating agenda" undertone is in MOST women's POF profiles? Or have a FEW rotten apples spoiled your barrel?

I'll take stab at and hope the OP responds.

The man hating profiles are less than most but more than just a few. In the more overt ones, pushy men probably have a lot to do with them. In the profiles that are more undertone and less explicit, it may be due to a widespread, cultural disdain for men. Most women and a good number of men don't notice but it is there. Men in pain are regarded as funny. Men who suffer outrageous injustice are whiners. etc. That many women will unintentionally disparage men in their profiles, shouldn't be unexpected.

Just look at the "nice guy" threads. A man who volunteers at a homeless shelter is manipulative. A man who teaches literacy in prisons is only doing it for sex. You get the idea. No man can do anything altruistic without a load of suspicion. Notice too that many men are on board with this as well.
 dark_n_juju
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/9/2018 3:01:43 PM

A man who volunteers at a homeless shelter is manipulative. A man who teaches literacy in prisons is only doing it for sex. You get the idea. No man can do anything altruistic without a load of suspicion. Notice too that many men are on board with this as well.

I have stated I volunteer on my profile and rarely do I even see that listed as an interest on the male profile. So why on earth would I think this man is manipulative because of this???? That is CRAZY.

Men in pain are regarded as funny.

Why would that be funny? Men in pain are the main reason they commit the crimes they do. Rather than deal with the pain they are feeling in a constructive way they project that pain on to other people.

Men who suffer outrageous injustice are whiners. etc.

Interesting

That many women will unintentionally disparage men in their profiles, shouldn't be unexpected.

You know POF use to allow both men and women to send private images except the majority of men would send pictures of their private parts. So in an effort to stop this, they took that feature away from all men. Let's be honest it was more than the majority of men who were doing it.
There was NO age restriction on this site until the younger women were inundated with elderly men looking for a relationship. NOW at no time did these men think this is creepy. And I must admit I could understand if they younger women stated they were looking for an older gentleman for causal, short term or long term relationship. But this was not the cause. So restrictions were put in place on the ages 14 years either way of your current age.
Last but not least. The category of casual encounters was removed because the majority of the people who were in this category were male. It was a crazy number of men compared to women. So this was also removed.
I could go on but you get the idea.
And we as women want to help the man who has some personality disorder to look elsewhere by being specific about what we do not want to deal with. Now men seem to think that is hateful but what would you have women do? Rather than criticize offer solutions.
 Inicia
Msg: 98
Posted: 8/9/2018 3:08:48 PM
This is all good- nice to have open discussions-i have not seen a thread by women professing the patriarchal woman-hating agenda in undertone in most men's profile forum-so what gives?- just another criticism of women not towing the line- and BTW doesn't matter if its make up- weight- height-petite curvy- too good looking- too ugly-haggy, too b-tchy too independent-too needy- too dramatic too much baggage- children no children- single- divorced - accepting or not accepting/ allowing not allowing a man to pay for a date-etc just we need fix ourselves and that we are even responding to this topic shows how brainwashed we are. who the f cares move on whiner- we all read profiles of a picture we find attractive see something in it that can say moving on- so what- move on
no need to try to make the women that intimidate you cow down and change or insult a bunch of women in general that you did not even contact or attempt to speak to- accept not f-in for you..the pickens are slim compromise or shut up.
Ever wonder why they are undertones?: Because, women in our culture are so fearful of expressing themselves openly and assertively(deemed B**tchy) they don't come right out and say it- they imply in ways, yes even a peabrain could pick up on- these subtle innuendos (female language cues utilized to "protect their egos) most adult men have learned " Yet the OP cannot even be happy with that- no got to bash em. Accept your dignity offered on a silver platter and leave it alone.
 calliopedreams
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2018 4:14:59 PM

defend their reasons all you want, but worded differently, I 'might' see a women hurt in the past that's happy to move slow or just date instead of a vengeful **** with an axe to grind.

Nobody is trying to "defend" distasteful content of profiles for either gender.
You guys act like you don't even know how OLD works.
1. People (men and women) post a profile that suits them.
2. Other people review the profiles, and, if unappealing, a NORMAL person moves on to the next profile until they find a potential "Match."
Unhealthy, arrogant control freaks often get stuck between these two simple steps (when the FIRST step is NONE of their business) obsessing about the reasons why other people don't do what they want (like anybody gives a ratz behind how you 'might' see a women [sic]).

As long as the content of a profile meets site guidelines, that profile is the business of the person who posted it. The fact that certain people (including the OP) feel profiles are subject to review by some lonely armchair psychoanalysts with an over-inflated sense of importance and nothing better to do than vent about how others don't behave in the manner of which they approve, says much more about them, their petty nature(s) and the fact they obviously don't have any level of responsibility or authority in their own life. Really, who are the losers here?

You are certainly welcome to enjoy the feeling of being the arbiter of what is "correct" for a bunch of women to do, when they will never even know you exist. Just makes me laugh.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2018 5:21:06 PM
Nobody is trying to "defend" distasteful content of profiles for either gender.
You guys act like you don't even know how OLD works.
1. People (men and women) post a profile that suits them.
2. Other people review the profiles, and, if unappealing, a NORMAL person moves on to the next profile until they find a potential "Match."
Unhealthy, arrogant control freaks often get stuck between these two simple steps (when the FIRST step is NONE of their business) obsessing about the reasons why other people don't do what they want (like anybody gives a ratz behind how you 'might' see a women [sic]).

As long as the content of a profile meets site guidelines, that profile is the business of the person who posted it. The fact that certain people (including the OP) feel profiles are subject to review by some lonely armchair psychoanalysts with an over-inflated sense of importance and nothing better to do than vent about how others don't behave in the manner of which they approve, says much more about them, their petty nature(s) and the fact they obviously don't have any level of responsibility or authority in their own life. Really, who are the losers here?

You are certainly welcome to enjoy the feeling of being the arbiter of what is "correct" for a bunch of women to do, when they will never even know you exist. Just makes me laugh. //////// was that for me, the op or all men? wow! I have no desire to change, control or even respond to these negative profiles, just acknowledging that they are common. why so offensive over this issue? I did not insult you nor the women that have these man hating profiles, yet, you feel compelled to bash me, why?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The feminist man-hating agenda undertone is most women's profiles