Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The feminist man-hating agenda undertone is most women's profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Inicia
Msg: 101
The feminist man-hating agenda undertone is most women's profilesPage 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
^^^ love it*** to all the decent civil people- i often miss the mark but know it when i see it.
 calliopedreams
Msg: 102
view profile
History
The feminist man-hating agenda undertone is most women's profiles
Posted: 8/10/2018 7:33:29 AM

I did not insult you nor the women that have these man hating profiles,

Trust me, when I tell you that no one reading this thread will be terribly surprised to see that you believe "I did not insult ... the women that have these man hating profiles."

This, in spite of the fact that your earlier post called these women

vengeful **** with an axe to grind.

Now, to be fair, we don't know precisely what you typed, but it appears to be an epithet considered obscene enough by pof to be censored. Was it bi!tch? Maybe even the infamous "c word"? We can't really be sure, we can only judge you based on the tenor and history of your posts. With that in mind, it is not looking good for you. Perhaps, based on very little evidence, we are coming to a hasty and, possibly, erroneous conclusion about you. Then again, maybe not.

Anyway, at least we have evidence that you, yourself, have provided, so we have no doubt which horse this is coming from. We just aren't sure from which end he is spouting such nonsense.

I say nonsense, because you come in here to pile on with the OP (who obviously has his own "issues" with women), and offer your concurrence on a topic which is arguably subjective. Yet, you have no evidence with which to support your allegations that women with profiles written a "certain way" (as intepreted by you) are exposing themselves through their "MAN HATING profiles." Sounds judgmental to me.

Yet, you get all butt-hurt, when you offer statements that paint you as CLUELESS at best, and people react by judging you!

Just so I am clear ... o.k. for you to come here and b!tch about unknown, nameless, faceless women with profiles we don't see, making you the ultimate judge and jury about them being "vengeful **** with an axe to grind." But not o.k. for people to call you out on your behavior and women-bashing, when, at least you are here to defend yourself and your posts (evidence) are visible to everyone in this thread.

The fact that you don't even see the irony in this is so delicious, is it not?

Ah, well, as a privileged white male at the top of the food chain, you are, of course, entitled to bash any subgroup you wish. After you are done reviewing women's profiles for infractions of "the rules" of which only you and the OP are privy to and which you apparently share through a mysterious mind meld inherent to those who are qualified to judge the behavior of women, perhaps you can do us all a favor and move on to another group that could benefit from your oracle-like insight. Perhaps you have an opinion on Hispanic profiles, or maybe how disabled people, etc. should write their profiles. We are all awaiting your "helpful hints."

P.S. So funny you come here accusing the "man hating profiles" of emanating from women "with an axe to grind."
Have you even read what you wrote in this thread? In addition to being clueless, feel free to add "disturbing lack of self-awareness" to your list of character traits. :rolleyes:

Drops the mic ...
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2018 9:48:10 AM

1. People (men and women) post a profile that suits them.
2. Other people review the profiles, and, if unappealing, a NORMAL person moves on to the next profile until they find a potential "Match."

I definitely agree with those of you who say that "if you don't like one person's profile, move on. But, I would like to through one more possible dynamic into the mix:

POF user's region and age group.

I have looked at all ya'll's profiles at one time or another, just to trying to understand where each of you is coming from. As a person in an area with 7.6 million people around me, I must admit I would have a LOT more options than most. It's been a real eye opener to see that a lot of you have very few to choose from, in your areas. How frustrating that must be. Also, local cultures have a major impact on what is and what is not acceptable/normal behavior.

I'm not saying the OP's choices are limited to the worst due to area. I haven't searched as a man in Wales. But I am saying that some of us have a lot more choice than others.

Also, consider that single mom's have a LOT less time to date. Chances are they're just trying anything they can to prevent that precious "Me" time from being wasted by someone with a crappy agenda.

If it were me, and I were approached by a person who -- right away -- made references to "Seduction" and "Sensuality" in their profile, I would take them for a PUSHY User.
 whiterose0
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2018 10:22:07 AM

If it were me, and I were approached by a person who -- right away -- made references to "Seduction" and "Sensuality" in their profile, I would take them for a PUSHY User.

I agree with you that this is a big turn-off. It's putting the cart before the horse, so to speak.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2018 10:24:40 AM
Calliopedreams : find someone else to fight with, that isnt why I am here! I merely agreed with op that many profiles come across as he described, I even got a hint of that from your response! call your ex and fight with him.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2018 5:10:18 PM

I have looked at all ya'll's profiles at one time or another, just to trying to understand where each of you is coming from. As a person in an area with 7.6 million people around me, I must admit I would have a LOT more options than most. It's been a real eye opener to see that a lot of you have very few to choose from, in your areas. How frustrating that must be. Also, local cultures have a major impact on what is and what is not acceptable/normal behavior.

You do.

Some on here just insist on not believing the odds in certain areas. Then, a few lame posters have a pat answer- move. I believe those who say that, hate their jobs, but stay with them because they pay good

That would work, if some of us weren't vested in the area we live. Me, I have a career that I enjoy. What I do for a living, I don't consider it as a job. The odds of me finding someone, is about 8-1, with the women being the 1.

I call it playing the hand I was dealt. (For which I consider a foot)
 dark_n_juju
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/12/2018 5:54:46 AM
MeramecRiverRat
The biggest fear of women online dating? Meeting a serial killer. The biggest fear of men? Meeting a fat chick. So let's have a few more men killed and equal that up.
 2ufo
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2018 6:36:39 AM

The biggest fear of women online dating? Meeting a serial killer. The biggest fear of men? Meeting a fat chick.

That is hilarious!
 anonymoususer2018
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/12/2018 4:20:27 PM
Am I the only one on here that notices that the OP looks like Phil Collins.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2018 5:17:03 PM
Oh? Who was the last serial killer you went out with? Was he on the national news when they captured him? How many did he do away with after you met him?

Inquiring minds want to know.
 dark_n_juju
Msg: 111
Posted: 8/12/2018 7:35:17 PM

Oh? Who was the last serial killer you went out with? Was he on the national news when they captured him? How many did he do away with after you met him?

Inquiring minds want to know.

There are so many bad things that happen to a woman with a random stranger she met online. I don't date a lot. I tend to exchange emails with a guy for a very long time before I meet up with him. I have had to call the police while walking to my car because the rejected guy didn't like my rejection. When he realized I was calling the cops he ran off calling me names as he went. I drove around for a while to make sure that fool wasn't following me. Vetting a guy can be the difference between getting raped or killed or not. A lot of guys don't put the time in exchanging emails with me. They try to rush me and I cut the exchange off. Or he gets bored with the exchange and cuts it off himself.
PS I had a guy contact me who gave me his email address with his full name in it. I googled the name it came up a convicted sex offender. I sent the link to him asking if this was him and he never contacted me again. So yes it was him. He was a nice looking guy with pretty blue eyes that were dead.
So now tell me about the convicted sex offender who contacted you.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2938584/plenty-of-fish-online-dating-site-man-raped-two-women-jailed/
PLENTY OF FISH SEX PEST Sex-obsessed internet dater, 27, raped a woman he met on Plenty of Fish and molested another in front her SON
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5768421/Giggling-rapist-victims-included-nurse-met-dating-website-Plenty-Fish-jailed.html
Giggling rapist whose victims included a nurse he met on dating website Plenty of Fish is jailed for eight years
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/would-plenty-fish-rapist-faked-12597930
Would-be Plenty Of Fish rapist faked his own kidnapping to try to avoid trial

If you are a rapist or serial killer online dating is a dream come true. How much effort do you have to put into meeting women?
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2018 3:02:13 AM

The biggest fear of women online dating? Meeting a serial killer. The biggest fear of men? Meeting a fat chick. So let's have a few more men killed and equal that up.

True.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2018 3:04:17 AM

How many fat ladies have you encountered and felt digusted, even fear? Is that why you don't date? Stop denigrating women's legitimate fears, for crying out loud.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2018 3:11:15 AM

Why so offensive over this issue? I did not insult you nor the women that have these man hating profiles, yet, you feel compelled to bash me, why?

You mean defensive? As if your incendiary "all women who write uppity posts are ****y, entitled feminists!!!" post was meant to invite discourse.

If you don't like a crappy profile, then move on. Their reasons for composing it are none of your damned business.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2018 6:29:50 AM
{You mean defensive? As if your incendiary "all women who write uppity posts are ****y, entitled feminists!!!" post was meant to invite discourse.

If you don't like a crappy profile, then move on. Their reasons for composing it are none of your damned business. /} BUT I NEVER POSTED THAT!!!!! if I called you a ****, would you just move on and assume the reasons why are none of your damned business? I took the time to acknowledge there may be reasons for the negativity in their posts, and that they came across as a **** with an ax to grind. anyone that would cherry pick my posts looking to 'retaliate' obviously has their own axes to grind! I have seen many profiles as the op described over the years and always moved on, after seeing it so often, I have to wonder why. a post comes up discussing it and I am not allowed to discuss it? a profile is their for me to view but it is none of my damn business? if I acknowledge the existance of these profiles, am I now considered the enemy? what is the point in having this as a topic if it can not be discussed?
 whiterose0
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2018 8:36:00 AM

I took the time to acknowledge there may be reasons for the negativity in their posts, and that they came across as a **** with an ax to grind.

There may be reasons for the negativity in the women's posts that have nothing to do with you, which is why you should just move on if they offend you. There was no reason for you to refer to them by a profane name. That's not going to bring any women around to your way of thinking.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2018 8:59:32 AM

I wouldn't say that's a guy's biggest fear. Various potentialities will crop up, or not be there. It can be his main fear on a select gal with neck-up photos only but she has a cute face, he doesn't get much activity on the dating sites, and is going to roll with it. That said, the most common fear that's always there -- she's not going to like him.

And I don't think women are fearing Serial Killers for every date. And I would say their main fear can be the guy not looking like his pictures, too. But a big fear they can have that guys pretty much won't -- is that he's going to be an abusive a-hole, where potential physical danger is a part of that recipe. Which is why guys need to be consciously aware of this if/when they get frustrated with a gal on an early date.
 2ufo
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2018 9:04:22 AM
Actually, a man's biggest fear is that a woman will laugh at him.
His second biggest fear is that his friends will see him dating a fat chick and laugh at him.
His third biggest fear is either public speaking or spiders...

But, in the back of this woman's mind - there is the fear of a man doing physical violence to me.
Because it has happened before.
 LoveOnAShip
Msg: 119
Posted: 8/13/2018 9:28:53 AM

Kind of like the mens profiles.
No Golddiggers ( yeah, they looking on POF for a yacht owner) HA!!
No cheaters or drama queens.blah blah.
Even though I'm not a large woman myself I am very turned off by fat, balding old guys that state they prefer "petite women".
They don't even know petite means short. It reminds me of No FAT CHICK bumper stickers. Losers.

ANYHOO, stop whining.
It's just common sense to bypass people with a chip on the shoulder be it male or female. You can't be that stupid can you?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both of you should be getting PAID for your advice and writing.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2018 12:10:33 PM

If you are a rapist or serial killer online dating is a dream come true.

Not true.

And that's because of this, which you also posted in the same posting:

A lot of guys don't put the time in exchanging emails with me. They try to rush me and I cut the exchange off. Or he gets bored with the exchange and cuts it off himself.

If you understand that serial rapists and serial killers operate based on "urges", why would they bother with the endlessly time-consuming reality of online dating, when they could find a victim in real life, so much more easily?

How much effort do you have to put into meeting women?

That's what 2500+ pages of men on the Profile Review forum keep asking.
 acrosstheplains
Msg: 121
Posted: 8/13/2018 2:43:07 PM
fat chick? that alone reveals the secret misogynistic attitude of too many men on pof.
jeeez. I prefer to call the typical women that I message: curvy women, and I don't consider that to be avoiding the body issue, if there is any issue anyway. All I ask is that they are accepting of their own body whatever size it is. And if they're not happy, then I'll do my best not to add to their concerns, but it's not my job to "make" a woman feel better, just as it's not a woman's job to make me feel any more confident about anything that might be concerning myself.
But it is the job of the media to censor itself and not repeatedly promote fat shaming, or promote unhealthy anorexic images as the normal, when in truth thin has only ever been the normal in times of great poverty and starvation.
 dark_n_juju
Msg: 122
Posted: 8/13/2018 5:24:25 PM

Actually, a man's biggest fear is that a woman will laugh at him.
His second biggest fear is that his friends will see him dating a fat chick and laugh at him.
His third biggest fear is either public speaking or spiders...

But, in the back of this woman's mind - there is the fear of a man doing physical violence to me.
Because it has happened before.

I have NEVER had a man hit me before but I am still afraid of a man getting physically violent with me. Why because my son is long haul trucker and an old trucker told me: IT is not if your son will get in an accident it is WHEN. The longer he is on the road the more he is on the road the closer he is to the accident.

The same for women when dating on line. The longer we interacting with strangers the more the chance you will run into the UNHEDGED NUT who will kill you.
 SupermanATX
Msg: 123
Posted: 8/17/2018 11:31:02 AM
I don't find this to be the case at all. In fact, the case is this: Most women on POF do not fill out a profile properly and they expect to be taken seriously, as in more than one night. They need to be a little more realistic or else fill out those profiles!
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2018 1:52:21 PM
msg#122:
The longer we interacting with strangers the more the chance you will run into the UNHEDGED NUT who will kill you.

dark n juju< I know you meant an 'unhinged nut' and I appreciate the observation.
But I really got a laugh out of imagining an 'unhedged nut'---perhaps a hedge of hazelnuts, the runts or deformed ones drop off, not 'maturing quite right', so they drop off the neatly trimmed hedge wreaking havoc and harm in the back yard!

Another form of 'nut allergy'~

hahahaha
 purplerider1200
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2018 7:33:56 PM
My bad, I'm sorry I said that.

Which is why I'd meet someone on here, or any dating site, in a public place. She should feel comfortable with any man that she chooses to date. If it means that they drive separately for the first couple dates, then so be it.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > The feminist man-hating agenda undertone is most women's profiles