Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What is your max distance?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PennyAnte
Msg: 26
view profile
History
What is your max distance? Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
"Most men don't want a woman they're seeing to know where they live so that's probably why it worked out well that way"
I knew where he lived... I just didn't want to drive there. I didn't want to "play house" I just wanted someone to have fun with.

" how do you know they were not married" Facebook.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 27
view profile
History
What is your max distance?
Posted: 5/27/2018 10:20:30 PM
I used to not have a maximum distance which lead to a number of LDRs; Seattle to New York, to Connecticut, to DC, to Santa Fe, 4 to eastern Washington (300 miles over a mountain pass and across the desert), to an island that added 40 min to 2 hrs to the commute (depending on how many ferry runs the backup was), and to a different island that required 2 different ferries to get there.

About 5 yrs ago I lost interest in dating so I made my max distance 5 minute drive outside my normal daily commute. May be why I average about 1 meet per year. I'm ok with that.
 cooldog65
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2018 1:09:24 AM
Currently it is zero miles. I'm too absorbed into my hobby to bother.
 Seki1949
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2018 8:55:29 AM

. . .sometimes running over them with my car and dragging them home.

Please advise make, model, color of car, and a convenient intersection. TIA.
 ssm508
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2018 7:43:41 PM
My general distance radius was about 40 miles. But it was a preference. Not an absolute requirement.

And don't accept less. Sure, it's nice to travel to meet people, even if it's on their own dime. But, if he is asking YOU out, he meets you where you are.

Regardless of who asked, the location of my first dates / meetings was often halfway between where we lived. Sometimes I would go to a place that was near her. But that certainly wasn't a general trend or dating rule.
 ImNotAFish75
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/6/2018 5:51:20 AM
30-35 minutes where I am located in Chicago doesn't get my far out of my "undateable zone" area. I am a minority in my area, which is primarily high crime, blue collar, ethnic, and non-english speaking. With the traffic it takes me an hour just to get to the north side of Chicago, and Northsiders don't date far outside of their areas.

But to answer your question, the longest distance relationship I had was 495 miles / Ontario, Canada, 6 years. I drove every other weekend. Yeah it went on too long, we were engaged the last year and were almost married, but she broke it off due to a fling with another guy. That was LONG time ago and I would never drag it out again like that, but the distance doesn't scare me unless there is a plan in the beginning instead of winging it.

No we did not meet on an online dating site!
 sun_water
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/6/2018 7:13:29 AM
The majority of the people I dated lived within 30-35 minutes of me. But I would be willing to date a man that lives up to about a hour away from me.
 westy604
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/7/2018 5:44:38 PM
Depends on how hot she looks....

a hot one I will travel great distances....

average to below average looks maybe a 1/2 an hour at the most..

hope this helps!....

lol
 ohenryx
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 8:23:11 PM

westy604
Depends on how hot she looks....

a hot one I will travel great distances....

average to below average looks maybe a 1/2 an hour at the most

Well, that’s an honest answer, at least. And it’s one of those things that most of us don’t want to admit, but yes, it matters, it matters a lot.

I have purchased an airline ticket to go see someone that I thought was hot. An average woman who lives an hour away, if she isn’t willing to meet me halfway, probably never meet.

It is what it is.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 7:29:54 AM
10-15 mins. My boyfriend lives about 10-15 mins away, it's so convenient.
I tend to find guys who will travel 40+ mins just want a screw
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2018 6:59:29 PM
^^^

Well I'd be willing to travel 13,627 km
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What is your max distance?