Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Narcissists      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 10ky
Msg: 26
NarcissistsPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
-justin
"So the women are generally left holding, looking after, the selfish grown up baby, and I am talking about the males"
Outrageous assessment of the situation but it depicts one of the major problems of modern society pretty well - i.e. women these days refuse to fulfill their god-assigned role and they are even being encouraged to do so by manginas, of which there is more than a plentiful supply nowadays. That's chronic disease. Shame. Shame.
 rekirked
Msg: 27
Narcissists
Posted: 6/10/2018 6:37:52 AM

More recently in human ape history males have been taught to judge women by their looks, which is a euphemism for possible sexual potential. This perverted value system forces women to look into mirrors, in order to attract and please the moronic superficial and generally misogynistic males.

So like everything else in the world it's all men's fault?

My opinion is it's all womens fault.

I may not be a woman but i'm old enough to know none of them dress to pander to, satisfy, impress or please men. Infact a lot of female behaviour around presentation is geared towards competition with other women.

Google "Sophia Loren/ Jayne Mansfield pics" to see a woman trying to destroy, undermine and belittle another woman and the look on Loren's face says it all

The modern prevalence of labelling an ex with narcissism can be explained thus:

My ex was horrible (Whinger, yawn, no sympathy)
My ex was a narcissist (on god, how awful, you're obviously a survivor and entitled to years of attention and sympathy)
 feirene
Msg: 28
view profile
History
down with that sort of thing
Posted: 6/10/2018 10:15:53 AM

So like everything else in the world it's all men's fault?

Basically yes.
Down with patriarchy.

In order to maintain the highest patriarchy forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread. Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can post to this thread.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 10:28:14 AM
^^^
My apologies for our behavior and hopefully some of us don't do it again. Well 10ky will but there's not much you can do about him, he's an asshole
 feirene
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 10:33:36 AM
Apology accepted. Now don't do it again.

Seriously though, I do think narcissism and patriarchy are linked. Even female narcissists tend to have children to be financially supported by a male. Which is what patriarchy promotes, a female dependency on men.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 10:52:03 AM
Linked? Well more men are narcissistic and since many societal norms still see men as the dominant sex patriarchy still exists to a larger degree.
 rekirked
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/10/2018 10:59:37 AM

Seriously though, I do think narcissism and patriarchy are linked. Even female narcissists tend to have children to be financially supported by a male. Which is what patriarchy promotes, a female dependency on men.

No man in modern western society actively wants or looks for a woman to be dependant on him financially or to set himself up as a wage slave. it's 2018, many women earn more than their partners and that BS belongs in Jane Austen novels.
 feirene
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 11:28:00 AM

No man in modern western society actively wants or looks for a woman to be dependant on him financially or to set himself up as a wage slave. it's 2018, many women earn more than their partners and that BS belongs in Jane Austen novels.

You'd be surprised. There are still guys who expect a woman to have kids and then become the homemaker, i do think this is becoming a lesser standard but it does still exist and isn't rare. There are women prepared to fulfil that role also, i doubt they are all narcissists either because that was a given standard it is still seen as valid to this day. I was stating that narcissistic women tend to have children for that reason and it promotes the schema that women should be financially dependent on a man, and therefore promotes patriarchy. A lot of abusive behaviour is promoted by patriarchy, whether that was intentional i do not know but it is one side effect.

If a couple decide it is beneficial for one partner to stay at home while the other works i don't have a problem with it myself. But when it's expected of all couples to do this (and of only one gender), this takes away personal choice and is when i do have a problem.

Linked? Well more men are narcissistic and since many societal norms still see men as the dominant sex patriarchy still exists to a larger degree.

Stereotypes have definitely messed up society, i do think patriarchy contributed to that also. Women are seen as caring and not abusive by default, men the opposite but their abuse is explained away because they are male. We can see that a lot of abuse is written off as normal or not even considered possible but i have seen an enlightenment of what abuse is over the years and think we are finally getting somewhere. If people learn more about psychology, and learn to apply it to their own lives, then i think we will go a lot further.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 11:44:18 AM

If people learn more about psychology, and learn to apply it to their own lives, then i think we will go a lot further.

When I was in high school psychology was taught in the last two years, 15 and 16 years olds. It was drivel. My major assignment in my last year was on capitol punishment which gave me no incite into psychology. If students were taught to identify personality types it would be a much different world
 feirene
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 11:51:41 AM

When I was in high school psychology was taught in the last two years, 15 and 16 years olds. It was drivel. My major assignment in my last year was on capitol punishment which gave me no incite into psychology. If students were taught to identify personality types it would be a much different world

They didn't teach us anything much really when i was at school, we learned some social history but not much and it didn't go deeply into anything. I know my kids have been taught some stuff about abuse, more so that they can identify when being abused, don't think they've been taught a lot though.

I agree teach more about personalities. Even when i was studying psychiatry years ago i learned nothing much about sociopathy, not sure if that was because nothing much was known about it? But now there is loads of information. I think firstly kids need to be taught how to apply this information as well so that they don't get confused. I think i only understand half the stuff i do because i could apply it to personal situations.
 rekirked
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/10/2018 11:59:07 AM
I wouldn’t be surprised at all. Patriarchy is alive and well but it’s mostly in religions and cultures of which I have little understanding or need to.

We share a planet with people from other societies who will never give up patriarchy, they stone other people to death for having an affair or being gay let alone allowing allowing choice over a preordained gender role.

We’re picking over the bones of patriarchy in the West, the job is done.
 feirene
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 12:07:23 PM
UK it isn't done here. For some reason people voted in a conservative, christian government and so we are progressing backwards as a society right now. Women have been the most affected under all the austerity cuts. Racism is high too.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 1:01:03 PM

We’re picking over the bones of patriarchy in the West, the job is done.

Of course. So is racism, homophobia, etc.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 rekirked
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/10/2018 1:01:25 PM
Did all the men get a pass on austerity then? i must have missed the memo about free money and easy rides for white blokes

Whatever happened to "us"? what ever happened to "society"? why does it now have to be women and men or white people and black people?

Poverty and illness don't discriminate. Cancer actually kills more men than women, so does suicide but that still wouldn't convince me to discriminate, it affects us all so we should all benefit equally
 rekirked
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/10/2018 1:04:58 PM

Of course. So is racism, homophobia, etc.

Please share with us how you'd end racism and homophobia?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 1:38:00 PM
^^^^
Survey says.

We share a planet with people from other societies who will never give up patriarchy,

And we haven't given it up completely. You mentioned the West and a lot of western nations haven't even come close to eliminating it
 feirene
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2018 5:25:09 PM

Did all the men get a pass on austerity then? i must have missed the memo about free money and easy rides for white blokes

No, i've no doubt that men also got shafted under tax rises and benefit cuts. It's just that women are the one who have been most affected under this governments cuts, and it is down to them doing most of the caring in society still.

Whatever happened to "us"? what ever happened to "society"? why does it now have to be women and men or white people and black people?

Ah, yeah we're all equal until it's pointed out that we're not being treated so and then, because one part of society is being treated unfairly and points that out, we have to pretend we are all equal? No.

Poverty and illness don't discriminate. Cancer actually kills more men than women, so does suicide but that still wouldn't convince me to discriminate, it affects us all so we should all benefit equally

Actually, by me saying that more women have been pushed into poverty shows it actually does discriminate. I'd say the way it affects genders tends to be different also. Men who lose everything are more likely to become homeless than women are.

Why mention that men are more likely to die from suicide or cancer in a debate where you are trying to prove equality exists? That doesn't make sense.
 rekirked
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/11/2018 1:37:18 AM

No, i've no doubt that men also got shafted under tax rises and benefit cuts. It's just that women are the one who have been most affected under this governments cuts, and it is down to them doing most of the caring in society still.

They were also the biggest beneficiaries of the last governments spending which has nearly bankrupted us and forced austerity. Poverty affects men and women equally but women are more likely to suffer from it due to being single mothers and being part time workers. This has to raise the issue of taking personal responsibility for our life choices.

Ah, yeah we're all equal until it's pointed out that we're not being treated so and then, because one part of society is being treated unfairly and points that out, we have to pretend we are all equal? No.

Inequality exists every where, I’m saying there is equality in inequality. Everyone one of us at some point has been treated unfairly not just against our opposite gender but against our same gender. Women getting the vote in 1918 for example only applied to women over 30 and many men were also denied voting rights if they didn’t own property.

Actually, by me saying that more women have been pushed into poverty shows it actually does discriminate. I'd say the way it affects genders tends to be different also. Men who lose everything are more likely to become homeless than women are.

That simply illustrates women in poverty are more likely to have dependants and be prioritised for housing, I guess some bad choices can turn out to be small blessings.

Why mention that men are more likely to die from suicide or cancer in a debate where you are trying to prove equality exists? That doesn't make sense.

I’m trying to prove that inequalities exist for both genders. I simply believe the only way to deal with it is equally, not based on genitalia or colour.
 feirene
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2018 3:03:31 AM

They were also the biggest beneficiaries of the last governments spending which has nearly bankrupted us and forced austerity. Poverty affects men and women equally but women are more likely to suffer from it due to being single mothers and being part time workers. This has to raise the issue of taking personal responsibility for our life choices.

Health care was. NHS. After that it was pensioners (of which some will be women obviously). And finally working people getting their pay topped up with working tax credits is another big chunk. Disability welfare also was a large chunk. All of these have had austerity cuts except pensioners (who have had them if they owned property). These aren't the only cuts that have been made.
Yeah women are more likely to be in poverty for bringing up children or being carers and being unable to work full time but kids don't bring up themselves do they, the cap on benefits only affected 200 families overall and the cuts for 3 generations of families living off benefits never even existed because no such family exists, so not a huge effect. But women still make up the bulk of the caring jobs, nurses (who have had their pay frozen for years now, as the cost of living rises then this is ultimately a pay cut), teachers, social workers, you know all the jobs that the government pays for...and they're the only ones allowed to promote equality by encouraging the hiring certain amounts of people equally so you've got to wonder why more men aren't taking up these poorly paid, long hours, emotionally draining jobs?

Inequality exists every where, I’m saying there is equality in inequality. Everyone one of us at some point has been treated unfairly not just against our opposite gender but against our same gender. Women getting the vote in 1918 for example only applied to women over 30 and many men were also denied voting rights if they didn’t own property.

There are reasons why people are treated unfairly based on gender/race. You won't sort them out by saying all people are treated unfairly and so they are equal, you have to look at why they are being treated unfairly and sort that out. It's not men against women or white against black people, it's one group is being treated unfairly and is expecting the right to be treated fairly, it really is as simple as that. If you're saying they can work together to obtain equality then i agree with you there, but people have to point out where they are being treated unfairly to do that. it's not a vs thing, it's a listen to my issues thing and help me sort them or just give me the same rights.

That simply illustrates women in poverty are more likely to have dependants and be prioritised for housing, I guess some bad choices can turn out to be small blessings.

True. That is exactly why they are prioritised for housing. Not because they are women but because they are more likely to be given care of dependents. Can you see now how sexism is getting a little more complicated? It is presumed that women will be the best carers or that they should be carers, and men are not. And this is because they usually are the main carers before the relationship ended. But it can also be considered sexist that a man is less likely to get care of his children, and past gender roles have made it so. So also we can see that sexism in the west is not finished with yet, it's had a long term effect here alone. These homes need paying for and so do the kids so pushing them into poverty isn't ideal.

I’m trying to prove that inequalities exist for both genders. I simply believe the only way to deal with it is equally, not based on genitalia or colour.

Nobody said men didn't have issues or inequality.
How do you treat womens issues equally and not based on them being women? You're making no sense.

Gotta go out.
 billybonds
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/11/2018 3:31:55 AM
Those austerity figures in full..(we won't dwell
on the the unfunded liabilities which would set the real national debt at ten times the present pipedream.)

National debt 2003 £323 billion ...
National debt 2019 £1.8 trillion..

I know our GDP (salary) has climbed but it's all a bit frothy for me as this fake global expansion begins to come apart.

Of course we won't see it coming again and no doubt it will be characterised in a whole new way quite unconnected with the global debt ponzi we have been running.

Yes I don't mind people calling these days the austerity years. I'll bear it, for that's where we are heading .
We all know if we borrow money we must pay it back.And if we don't then belts one way or another will be tightened. The debt cannot be wished away as it's also someone's asset. If you or your neighbours'
assets go kaput...you or they are poor. An asset could be a simple £1 coin.

Politicians usually persuade a people to accept poverty through ration cards whilst sending their energetic children off to be killed. I think they will have to be more creative. What did the guy say about
the price of freedom ....eternal vigilance. Well....We didn't. In fact we cheered them on .
 10ky
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/11/2018 4:11:13 AM
Aside:
-bond
How's you bond mate? What's on the economic horizon in you view? Total collapse of the Sterling (which would f me pretty bad) or recover? Timeline? Got a few pennies stuck over there I would want to exchange before I starve to death. ta in advance.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Narcissists