Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Baker Wins...Gay Couple Loses...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 feirene
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Baker Wins...Gay Couple Loses...Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Religions have so many rules that say a person is wrong for being who they are it is impossible not to class that as bigotry. Religion itself is based on bigotry, that may not even produce bigots but definitely does enforce that it's ok to be a bigot.

Does anyone really believe that a person gathering wealth and property is a christian when the bible says people like this cannot get into heaven? Trump is not a christian on this definition alone yet even he claims to be. When Jesus, the main spokesperson for christianity, said give up all your belongings and come spread my religion i don't see none of these bigots doing that.

If the bigot baker had said he was refusing service because he'd got enough wealth already and was trying to keep that down so he could get into heaven that'd make it more believable that his beliefs were based on christianity. As it is he just didn't want to make a cake for someone homosexual and so refused them service so he could retain his bigot status.
 happata
Msg: 27
Baker Wins...Gay Couple Loses...
Posted: 6/6/2018 10:23:04 AM

Religions have so many rules that say a person is wrong for being who they are it is impossible not to class that as bigotry. Religion itself is based on bigotry, that may not even produce bigots but definitely does enforce that it's ok to be a bigot.

Gobbledygook and nothing more. Easy to say... maybe you can produce a religious study book that teaches bigotry. I know the bible says bad things about homosexuals... at least that is what I have heard (don't know if its true)..but I know plenty of "religious" people who would never feel homosexuals were not entitled to live their life the way they want.. The Supreme Court now recognizes the rights of gay people to marry. Society is evolving. Only the truly vile religious would have denied Gays the rights to be together (marriage of course is a different issue...that historically has meant a man and a woman..... so a gay person could marry no problem, as long as to a person of the opposite sex)

Does anyone really believe that a person gathering wealth and property is a christian when the bible says people like this cannot get into heaven? Trump is not a christian on this definition alone yet even he claims to be. When Jesus, the main spokesperson for christianity, said give up all your belongings and come spread my religion i don't see none of these bigots doing that.

what does bigotry have to do with wealth accumulation? NOTHING.

If the bigot baker had said he was refusing service because he'd got enough wealth already and was trying to keep that down so he could get into heaven that'd make it more believable that his beliefs were based on christianity. As it is he just didn't want to make a cake for someone homosexual and so refused them service so he could retain his bigot status.

I think you are reaching now, trying to find examples to support your assertion about how the religious are bigots...you are failing.

feirene
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2018 3:46:38 PM
Most bigots hide behind christianity, or other religions. That's my point.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
I have reached maximum low quality post status.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 happata
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/6/2018 4:01:17 PM
^^^Your point is only an opinion not based on facts and ignores the fact that people are bigots regardless of religion or not. Religion doesn't turn people into bigots, that is nonsensical reasoning of course. But giving opinions not supported by facts is ubiquitous these parts...for example.... circumcision is "barbaric mutilation" without any attempt to do even a quick google search to see what the medical profession says about it.
 feirene
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2018 5:01:51 PM
Religion is bigotry. That's not my opinion, it's fact. People use religion to hide behind to make out their bigotry is ok.

All religious people have to be bigotted as it's part of what defines them as a chritian.
They are supposed to love people for who they are, the bible says they should love everyone as they love themselves, but ultimately they aren't allowed to accept that gay people are normal human beings because the bible says they are abominations, and so they are bigotted and to be a christian it is necessary to see them as abonimations. Oh but you have to forgive them for being abonimations too, lol, like they need your approval to exist.

If you support a man saying his sky daddy doesn't like gay people and he shouldn't have to give them a service that he provides for the public then you're a bigot too. You just don't want to admit it. I think people who want to base their religion on love and enlightenment need to create something that moves away from being linked to christianity.

It's no coincidence that some reputable dictionaries mention religion within the definition of bigotry.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/bigot
Meaning of “bigot” in the English Dictionary
English
American
"bigot" in English
See all translations
bigot noun [ C ]
uk ​ /ˈbɪɡ.ət/ us ​ /ˈbɪɡ.ət/ disapproving
​ a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who does not like other people who have different beliefs or a different way of life:
a religious bigot
He was known to be a loud-mouthed, opinionated bigot.
bigot noun [ C ]
us ​ /ˈbɪɡ·ət/
a person who has strong, unreasonable ideas, esp. about race or religion, and who thinks anyone who does not have the same beliefs is wrong:
Some of the townspeople are bigots who call foreigners terrible names.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/bigot
bigot
(bɪgət )
Word forms: plural bigots
countable noun
If you describe someone as a bigot, you mean that they are bigoted.
[disapproval]
Synonyms: fanatic, racist, extremist, sectarian More Synonyms of bigot
COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers
Video: pronunciation of 'bigot'
bigot in British
(ˈbɪɡət )
noun
a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp on religion, politics, or race
Collins English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers
Derived forms
bigoted (ˈbigoted) adjective
Word origin of 'bigot'
C16: from Old French: name applied contemptuously to the Normans by the French, of obscure origin
bigot in American
(ˈbɪgət ; bigˈət)
noun
a person who holds blindly and intolerantly to a particular creed, opinion, etc.
a narrow-minded, prejudiced person
SIMILAR WORDS: ˈzealot
Webster’s New World College Dictionary, 4th Edition. Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.

And let us be honest here, you have things like he who has sinned shall cast the first stone and all these good things too, but you have bigotry, it's written down for everyone to see and is a part of what you all say you believe in. So yeah it's a fact. All religions are like this, they are all bigotted. I won't even bother going into the sexism. And i do wonder why all racists who say they are christian use christianity to back that up too?
 ja6425
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/6/2018 6:44:37 PM
"Religion is bigotry. That's not my opinion, it's fact."

Nope, that is just your opinion^^^^^^
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2018 6:59:34 PM
^^^^^

The poster boy for the "What is Stupid?" thread

Your country and was created by the bigotry of the religions at the time towards Native Americans and later blacks. The rest of Americas south of your country were conquered by a small religious group still unknown to the world. Roman Catholics.
 47Seagulls
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/6/2018 7:00:27 PM

But giving opinions not supported by facts is ubiquitous these parts...for example.... circumcision is "barbaric mutilation" without any attempt to do even a quick google search to see what the medical profession says about it.

https://www.cps.ca/en/documents/position/circumcision

A simple google search shows all kinds of articles both pro and con for circumcision. I just posted one such Canadian site. Apparently we're more ahead of some in their thinking.

Stats still show only 1/3 of the world's males are circumcised, that leaves 2/3 that have a differing opinion and a majority opinion - maybe those 2/3 think its a barbaric practice akin to genital mutilation as well. But, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Sometimes "tradition" just becomes a bad habit.
 ja6425
Msg: 34
Posted: 6/6/2018 7:00:58 PM
^^^And we thank you for your opinion, I know seagulls does appreciate opinions!!!!
 47Seagulls
Msg: 35
Posted: 6/6/2018 7:05:56 PM

Religion is bigotry. That's not my opinion, it's fact. People use religion to hide behind to make out their bigotry is ok.

All religious people have to be bigotted as it's part of what defines them as a chritian.
They are supposed to love people for who they are, the bible says they should love everyone as they love themselves, but ultimately they aren't allowed to accept that gay people are normal human beings because the bible says they are abominations, and so they are bigotted and to be a christian it is necessary to see them as abonimations. Oh but you have to forgive them for being abonimations too, lol, like they need your approval to exist.

If you support a man saying his sky daddy doesn't like gay people and he shouldn't have to give them a service that he provides for the public then you're a bigot too. You just don't want to admit it. I think people who want to base their religion on love and enlightenment need to create something that moves away from being linked to christianity.

This ruling will not give voice to the religions fanatics let their bigotry and ignorance flow - just like SCOTUS has given voice to the alt right, inbred, fear mongers, bigots and racists in his base.

Are Catholic pharmacists going to refuse to do up a prescription for birth control pills? Will the Muslim check out girl now refuse to scan your Christmas ham? Will Christians and Muslims refuse service to all in the LGTBQ community? Will the Muslims now embrace the Jews because of their shared barbaric practice of circumcision? Will SCOTUS take black NFL players to court for kneeling?

People hide behind their religion to make their bigotry "normal".

VVVV
"hate" is a not the right word. I don't "hate" christians, I just have no use for many of them....some are fine and nice people. Its the "fake" christians I don't like. AJ, you're a fake christian, IMO.

ja6425
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/6/2018 7:09:56 PM
^^^^Oh my goodness, I see 47 going off the deep end. Sad she hates Christians.
 feirene
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 2:35:11 AM
Nobody hates christians, well maybe other religions do. We're not like you so don't hate anyone. We hate what you do and we hate plenty of what you stand for, but your not fooling us.

You cannot be a religion of love when you say that homosexuals are abominations and refuse to provide them with a public service, just like you did with your segregation of black people. Fact.
 feirene
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 2:39:40 AM

The poster boy for the "What is Stupid?" thread

Lol, that was funny. I forgot about that topic also.

Your country and was created by the bigotry of the religions at the time towards Native Americans and later blacks. The rest of Americas south of your country were conquered by a small religious group still unknown to the world. Roman Catholics.

Oh hell yes i wanted to bring up all the bigotry but there is so much it's hard to choose which ones.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 3:30:51 AM
^^^
What's ridiculous on here is that some of these people are applying bigotry to political views. Naming the left or right or whatever as if bigots are defined by it.

Stats still show only 1/3 of the world's males are circumcised,

47seagulls your profile states you enjoy "Jumping to Conclusions." I guess it was to much of a "Jump" for you to apply his comment to female circumcision.

Viper1j
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/7/2018 3:56:58 AM

I don't care what your religious beliefs are, and I don't care that you offer certain products/services but not others...you refuse to offer your product/service of your business to someone because you don't approve of them based on some religious stance, you should be ****ing whipped. Whipped bloody. And any judge supporting this nonsense should be whipped bloody also. ****ing blood on the ground for that bullshit. I'm not kidding.

Of course, the inherent danger in FORCING anyone to provide a product or service, is that while you may be able to force them to give you what you want, you have no way to force them to do a good job.

Who wants to eat a cake with kitty litter in it?
 feirene
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 5:18:06 AM

This ruling will not give voice to the religions fanatics let their bigotry and ignorance flow - just like SCOTUS has given voice to the alt right, inbred, fear mongers, bigots and racists in his base.

Our country banned hate speech, but weirdly did not ban it in our popular media nor ban the stigmatisation of people that way either, or if they did then nobody bothered using these laws. I'm sort of the same, i think that people who hate others should have the freedom to do that and speak out so we can see what people are truly thinking. But i know by forcing people to become PC this also sends out the message that it's not ok to be racist, sexist, whatever and more people are hiding it but also more people are not accepting it as ok.

Are Catholic pharmacists going to refuse to do up a prescription for birth control pills? Will the Muslim check out girl now refuse to scan your Christmas ham? Will Christians and Muslims refuse service to all in the LGTBQ community? Will the Muslims now embrace the Jews because of their shared barbaric practice of circumcision? Will SCOTUS take black NFL players to court for kneeling?

Here (UK) you cannot deny healthcare based on religious reasons, apart from with abortion. You can refuse to be a doctor who deals with abortion but you still have to make sure that anyone seeking an abortion via you as a healthcare provider is referred to someone who will help. Also each gender has the right to see a Dr/Nurse of their own gender if they want that, for anything. The GP has the right to a chaperone at any time for their own protection against accusations, and patients can also request chaperones for themselves if they wish.
Employers cannot discriminate based on religion ( or anything else) but there is no way of forcing that so they still do it, and if an employee wants to refuse a customer service they can do that based on what they are buying, even vegetarians don't have to work with meat for example, and anyone whose religion means they are not allowed to entertain alcohol or whatever also doesn't have to serve the public with it. But they cannot refuse to serve someone because they are gay or anything else. They can only opt of things that their religion is not ok with so long as it is not another person, because that person has the right to go into a public business and expect to receive a service.
So here personal rights override everything else. You are not allowed to make another human being feel bad about who they are.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/7/2018 5:23:26 AM
Those inclined to bigotry, find fertile ground in religion. Meanwhile, SCOTUS is going to have to look at the Muslim Ban with this precident that people can't have their religion used against them.
 happata
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/7/2018 5:58:51 AM
Nah those who are inclined to bigotry don't need religion to be bigots, they are bigots regardless of religion. I think anti religious bigots believe the religious are bigots because it helps support their bigoted belief that religion is bad. There are of course no facts anybody can point to proving the religious are any more bigoted than anybody else. Whatever the Bible says or does not say does not prove religious are bigoted. One thing is for sure, the none religious can easily be some of the most vile people on the face of the Earth.
 Viper1j
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/7/2018 6:24:51 AM

It's no coincidence that some reputable dictionaries mention religion within the definition of bigotry.

Sorry, but you're wrong on that one.

"Bigotry", implies a hatred of (fill in the blank).

There are many people, of varied faiths and beliefs, that don't hate anybody. They practice their faith in the privacy of their home, and their lives. Most people never have a clue of what their particular religious practices may even be. Not everybody wears their religion on their sleeves.

Their faith is private, and therefore personal, and you won't find a bigoted bone in their body.
 47Seagulls
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/7/2018 6:25:54 AM

One thing is for sure, the none religious can easily be some of the most vile people on the face of the Earth.

Except for two little things this might be true, the two little things that prove you wrong are - Christians and Muslim.

Maybe "some of the most vile " would also include many other religions as well, including Jews.
 ja6425
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/7/2018 6:38:05 AM
feirene, you are a bigot, you are just like seagulls. Are you two kids sisters? You stereotype so much. Fact!
 feirene
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 8:14:40 AM
I do wonder if i'm a bigot because i am intolerant of sexists, racists, homophobes, and bigots. Intolerance for others beliefs is being a bigot after all.
Your arguments are rubbish though, like you didn't even quote my intolerance or anything.
 feirene
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 8:18:02 AM

Sorry, but you're wrong on that one.

"Bigotry", implies a hatred of (fill in the blank).

There are many people, of varied faiths and beliefs, that don't hate anybody. They practice their faith in the privacy of their home, and their lives. Most people never have a clue of what their particular religious practices may even be. Not everybody wears their religion on their sleeves.

Their faith is private, and therefore personal, and you won't find a bigoted bone in their body.

I did think about buddhists after i posted, and that there are about 7,000+ religions? So yeah that is not gonna be true. Think i overlapped some of the most popular religions into all religions there.
 Viper1j
Msg: 49
Posted: 6/7/2018 11:21:54 AM

I did think about buddhists after i posted, and that there are about 7,000+ religions? So yeah that is not gonna be true. Think i overlapped some of the most popular religions into all religions there.

There are also many Christians, Catholics (yes I know that's redundant but...) And Jews, the don't wear their religions on their sleeves. I suppose the only exception might be Muslims and Sikhs, because their religions have certain clothing requirements. I suppose the same could also be said of Hindis.

But most of us? Just keep it to ourselves.
 feirene
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 11:31:14 AM
A lot of muslims in the UK only wear their clothes to church/mosque, although a lot of women wear headscarves all the time. Sikhs have to wear their turban only, apart from that you wouldn't know they were sikh.

I just think that people following a religion that says all this bad stuff don't get to pick and choose only the best bits and follow them and call themselves a christian. I left the mormons once i found out god turned the nephites brown/dark skinned because he thought they were evil, no way did i want to be affiliated with that at all. Plus half their bible was babbling as well and repetitive, you could tell a 14 year old wrote it.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Baker Wins...Gay Couple Loses...