Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > We lost another to suicide      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 26
view profile
History
We lost another to suicidePage 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I don't care where on the political spectrum you fall ........ if you're taking a thread about a suicide and turning it into partisan pissing match about abortion or anything else, you've got freaking issues. There's a reason so many people have stopped coming in here - and you're it.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 27
view profile
History
We lost another to suicide
Posted: 6/17/2018 12:38:28 AM
I'm not talking about suicide in general, but Anthony Bourdain's situation. He was an adult that made adult choices to do drugs that he very much enjoyed. He crafted his life the way he wanted it to be. He made the decision to check out.
 chameleonf
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/17/2018 5:52:58 AM
News flash, NYer. All individuals who commit suicide make the decision to "check out". It's estimated that 50% of individuals who abuse drugs and or alcohol suffer some form of mental illness. I find your callous comments about Anthony Bourdain rather troubling in itself. Your country has an extremely high incidence of both substance abuse and mental health issues that cross all socio-economic classes, ages and races which also manifests itself in the high crime rate and abuses to others, including but not limited to murders, be it mass or otherwise. An individual, any individual, who commits suicide commits the ultimate abuse to one's self. A lack of empathy is also a form of mental disorder.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/17/2018 6:18:17 AM
some of those abusing drugs, are in fact, self-medicating against an issue they discovered during early self-exploration. I've worked with a woman who drank to overcome social anxiety and one who smoked pot to slow down her racing thoughts. For all of America's wealth and social freedom to become who we want to be, we do suffer a high rate of violence. It could be argued that violence is our nature as animals descendant from apes, or it could suggest we don't have the social safety net we should have to catch those who fall--that we focus too much on "pull yourself up by your own bootstraps".

material wealth may not always make one feel successful in life, independence may make some feel lonely, not stronger.
 maltata
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/17/2018 6:28:04 AM
I think the US is very hard on people. You are judged by your job and education and success...if you are not on the successful side of capitalism life is very difficult...and yet even the winners for some reason end up in the depths of despair.
 mackata
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/18/2018 5:32:36 AM
Correcting software error
 NewYorker58
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2018 9:13:04 AM
I think it's time for another suffix, like "itis". You could be pancreatitis, laryngitis (probably not this one☺). Or what about "ment", dismemberment, discernment, amusement, improvement, derailment.
 datata
Msg: 38
Posted: 6/18/2018 9:22:23 AM
^^^^ Nah... first of all I have too many atas prepared for future use.

Second of all, I want to ensure the scum who deletes my profiles knows that I am laughing at them..that they can't do a thing about keeping me off the board, that it takes less effort to create the names and profiles than it does for them to delete me.

Literally, I create them in my spare time while I am watching the news...I never like watching the news without doing something else at the same time...so this is what I do....in 30 minutes... I can literally create 15 profiles if I want. If I am using them at the rate of four or five per day...you can see how they can never keep up with me :-)

If its other people here..they have to go to the hassle of reporting me.

If its admin, they have to be on the lookout for me and then go to the effort.

To me being here is now almost a sport .... the leftist trash wants me gone...admin wants me gone...and yet here I am...never missing a beat:-)

I will continue posting here as ATA for now...as long as I choose.....hey but maybe blondee can threaten me with an FBI investigation, or maybe POF can send me a letter from a Lawyer...so I can use it as toilet paper. :-)
 datata
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/18/2018 9:26:48 AM
^^^by the way...if admin actually searches out my ATA profles and deletes them before I post with them, I will use other names...but so far they haven't done that or maybe they don't have the ability to do that. After all, they have how many members? 500,000 or so? that's a pretty large data base.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2018 10:36:38 AM
Ata boy, you've got a can-do attitude:)
 Sandbyday
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/18/2018 11:39:12 AM
He she must immeasurably adore the notorious pof forums to spend the majority of his her existence thinking about what is written here. Pretty sad.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > We lost another to suicide