Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > We lost another to suicide      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bancata
Msg: 101
We lost another to suicidePage 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
^^^ maybe so... but that has nothing to do with what they have as much as what is lacking in their lives..or perhaps they simply have a genetic disposition that prevents them from being happy or causes them to be depressed. Nobody truly believes a Mercedes will bring happiness to a person.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 102
view profile
History
We lost another to suicide
Posted: 6/21/2018 11:07:22 AM
Or maybe they enjoy their life of drinking and drugging, like Bourdain. It eventually catches up with them, but they feel they're getting the most out of life by hard living. That's a choice.
 bancata
Msg: 103
Posted: 6/21/2018 11:14:52 AM
^^^ why do I get the feeling you are trying to rile somebody up? Anyway, everything has its tradeoffs...if you enjoy getting stoned or drunk and you do it knowing your health is at risk... and you are likely shortening your life expectancy....well that's your choice. Perhaps dying before old age but living a vibrant life is the way some people want to go out.

Also many are misled by what they read...for example wine drinking has been touted as "healthy"...but as stated in a very recent NY times article, those studies were corrupted by money. The truth is a drink a day is carcinogenic and very likely to shorten your life by years...if you get Liver Cancer due to the constant toxins of alcohol drinking...you could die decades before you should.

Just saying.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2018 11:30:19 AM
I don't know who would be riled, but what I said is exactly what you said. They enjoy their lifestyle knowing the risks. We all do, for however we lead our lives, which could include other risk taking behaviors unrelated to drugs and alcohol.

You have to look at who is doling out that info, as slanted results can be given by 3rd party companies to hide who is really doing the funding of that reported research. I laugh when I hear a certain amount of "alcohol" is good for you. You can find whatever good benefits are by consuming other products that don't contain alcohol.
 Sandbyday
Msg: 105
Posted: 6/21/2018 11:35:05 AM
“Where else could I find nonsensical thinking trash such as yourself Sandby....nobody I know in real life i would say some of the stupid things I have seen you say...”
True. I use about .1% of my time, brain and abilities when addressing the children on here. That’s all they deserve out of me.
 hellata
Msg: 106
Posted: 6/21/2018 12:21:02 PM
^^^^ I have to give you credit for being able to so consistently use just .1% of your capacity. Most people use significantly more than that just to breath......you must have lots of practice.
 hellata
Msg: 107
Posted: 6/21/2018 12:22:59 PM

I laugh when I hear a certain amount of "alcohol" is good for you. You can find whatever good benefits are by consuming other products that don't contain alcohol

Sure...it makes sense that ingesting a "toxin" that has to be cleared out by the Liver is good for you. Why would anyone think this was not true?
 hellata
Msg: 108
Posted: 6/21/2018 12:30:57 PM
You know, I am enjoying this... seeing what profiles I created after the fact...now I am 97 years old from Hell somewhere... thank you POF for giving me an opportunity for being anybody I want to be.

Not surprisingly, I didn't get any interest from any 97 year old women out there for this particular profile. And people say age is only in your head. You only are as old as you feel. Ha. Tell that to all of the 97 year old women out there whom I would be perfect for.
 hellata
Msg: 109
Posted: 6/21/2018 12:33:00 PM
Remember, my internal quota is only five profiles per day..... that is opportune....I created five last night watching ten minutes of CNN... so I am willing to sacrifice five today. So long as I stay fifteen profiles ahead of the game, I'm happy. just sayin. :-)
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > We lost another to suicide