Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > why do do many women have "body type = thin"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 276
view profile
History
why do do many women have body type = thinPage 12 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

Yeah, just look at all those 300 lb. marathon runners in the Olympics every 4 years.

They have a strict diet usually.
Most people can't maintain the level of physical activity athletes need to stay at peak performance.
I personally love the figure skaters
https://youtu.be/3Um3H7Qjxh0
;)
Such Eros
 2ufo
Msg: 277
view profile
History
why do do many women have body type = thin
Posted: 9/19/2018 4:36:04 PM

To the person who suggested quinoa and brown rice. Quinoa is $4.97 for 375g at Walmart (and that's the online price which is less than at the stores in Saskatchewan) and $7.97 for 1.6 kg while a big bag of white rice is $8.97 for 8 kg. And an 8 kg bag of rice lasts forever.

Of course you're picking on one thing - it reads almost like an excuse.

Didn't you read where I said to mix various grains together? Use your own ratios - 1:1 or 10:1 - to improve the nutritional value of rice.
I don't know the comparative prices in Canada, but I did suspect that quinoa was more expensive. It is here as well.
It also has a better nutritional profile.
So does pearl barley which can be cheaper than rice (depending).
I was using those grains because they came to mind. I'm sure there are plenty more different types like oats and bulghar, buckwheat and amaranth. Check prices of faro, freekah, teff.
Maybe they will all be more expensive than rice but if cost is the ONLY consideration in diet, then perhaps mud might be an acceptable substitute?
Air? Still free.
Foraging? Lot of edible plants around. Just don't pick them near highways.

You are in a difficult situation and need to make difficult choices.
I understand that.
And maybe you're just using the forums to vent/whine/complain.
A lot of people do.
But your default seems to be defeat.

Have you tried using tea in place of water when you bake bread? It adds a different flavor. Pretty good.
 julystorm22
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 10:07:09 PM
If I was just buying for myself it wouldn't be quite as difficult. But I have 3 kids to consider and these kids eat a lot of food. You call what I'm saying excuses. But I had $27 left after my last paycheque left over after bills, rent, daycare and car payment were paid. And my daughter needed $10 for a school field trip which put me down to $17.With that $17 I bought 2 dozen eggs, a 4L of milk and a bag of flour. My mom is basically buying most of the groceries and beggars can't be choosers. I am still waiting to hear from Revenue Canada waiting for my childcare benefits to be returned.

FYI I have not been dating. Obviously I can't afford it. Just wanted to clarify before someone criticized me for doing so in my position.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2018 11:41:52 PM

Yeah, just look at all those 300 lb. marathon runners in the Olympics every 4 years.

It's great to a certain extent in how we're designed VS modern day couch sitting. Does a lot. But for lack of a better term, "pound for pound" it lacks VS diet once you get past moderate consistent activity. Your body adjusts. Those marathon runners are not at all just your boy next door jogging every morning. Which is still good... but you have to do A LOT if you're going to take trips to Mickey D's -- or feeding off "mama's home cooking" which is just as bad.

You can avoid doing tons and tons of exercise, by doing regular normal exercise + changing your diet. Much easier.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 280
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2018 6:34:56 AM
I tend to agree that it's more food than exercise when it comes to weight control. I also think everyone differs in terms of what works for them, however, that's not providing an excuse to do nothing and try nothing. I used to do half marathons and some of my social group were pretty serious full marathoners and iron man competitors. They never gorged themselves and they were mostly cautious about what they ate. They worked regular 9-5 jobs (mostly sitting) so they were like most of us who do physical activity on the side. It takes more than many of us realize to burn off that double cheeseburger and fries. Is it worth it? It's a question we each have to answer for ourselves. Physical things going on in my life lately, together with recently losing two good people way too young an age, and observing people around me who have health issues that they are not doing nearly enough to take care of have helped me snap back to reality and be a heck of lot more responsible for my health. But I do think exercise helps in many ways, including helping to make us more aware of our bodies and physical stamina; helping with anxiety and depression; and helping to keep us limber and and able to move.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2018 7:39:44 AM
July what about mixed grain bread and brown rice?
Those are healthier alternatives and not really that much more expensive.
It can help to buy cheaper portion controlled microwave meals. I buy On the Menu lasagne lol and also snitzels. Stick to 1200-1600kj a meal or have a 1000ish kj meal plus a small desert like a kids yoghurt that is about 400kj or some berries/fruit.
Rices and pasta are pretty high in calories so I pretty tightly portion control it.
Bread is much less calories.
Cheap fish are also good options, grilled if you can tolerate it. With salad or vegies
 julystorm22
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2018 8:07:41 AM
I appreciate the suggestions but I am aware of cheap, healthier food options. What I'm saying is even that's not an option. After I pay my car payments, gas, insurance, daycare, rent, phone bill, rent and loan payment, I don't have any money left and that's with making $2500 a month. Once I get my child benefits returned, that adds on an extra $1100 plus there's a big back payment I should get. Not sure when I'm getting that because Revenue Canada takes their sweet time but once I get it everything will be fine although I'll have a big lawyer bill to pay off. I'm not sure how someone who makes minimum wage could survive....I do know low income families ( who make less than me as I'm right above the cutoff) are eligible for rental subsidy and such.
 sun_water
Msg: 283
Posted: 9/22/2018 8:15:27 AM

I tend to agree that it's more food than exercise when it comes to weight control. I also think everyone differs in terms of what works for them, however, that's not providing an excuse to do nothing and try nothing.

For some people, an improved diet could be biggest reason for better health. For others, it could be more exercise. But overall it's usually still some combination of both. People shouldn't just focus on one aspect.
 julystorm22
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2018 1:25:04 PM
That's completely true. And actually there's a few more components of a healthy lifestyle that shouldn't be overlooked. The first one is sleep which is major. A lot of studies have shown that sleep is a big factor in weight loss. Our bodies function better with more sleep. Other studies have looked at things like fresh air and sunlight as factors in overall health and these should also be considered. Of course we all know that stress is something that is also paramount to people's overall wellness and coping skills to deal with stress and socialization have been shown to improve someone's health, as well as exercise which leads many people to feel better about themselves.Everything needs to be looked at as a whole. When it comes to eating for myself, I know that the more I exercise, the less I eat and its not something I consciously do. When I'm feeling less stress and when I'm less tired and when I'm out doing things that make me happy, I eat less and I est better food.
 captainkitty1
Msg: 285
Posted: 9/24/2018 8:38:07 AM
Assuming some ones pics are current, you can tell what they look like. I put average for my self as I am height weight appropriate. Others may feel they are average even if they are some what over weight....a bit silly to get hung up on these things. If you meet some one in person and they drastically misrepresented their size then excuse your self with no apology needed
 julystorm22
Msg: 286
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 9:48:38 AM
I think "A Few Extra Pounds" is a catch all for anyone overweight or slightly obese. BBW to me means very obese, like over 250 pounds.

I am of the opinion that people should be asked their weight just as they are asked their height when filling out their profile. There should just be an option to put "Not Willing to Declare" so people that don't want to list their weight don't have to. I think way too many people have wasted time going on dates where weight was an automatic disqualifier. I think there are a lot of guys who go on a date and automatically think in their head "Pass" when they see how much their date weighs. To me, that is my biggest concern when going out on a date, that he will not like me just because of my weight. And it is a valid concern because twice I received feedback that was why a guy passed on me after a first meeting, one guy was pretty rude about it and another tried to say things as kindly as possible in a text. On the other hand, two guys said they thought I was a good weight. About half of the guys I talk to online bring up the weight thing and ask directly about my weight, often because they've gone and met women who weighed much more than what their pics showed. That's one reason I do include a recent full body shot in mine.

I still do not really understand what is the point with lying about or hiding your weight? Just like when guys lie about their height. I've had guys do both. One guy obviously had really old photos because not only was he bald in real life but he was very obese too yet his photo showed a medium-build guy with what looked like a full head of hair. And as few guys have lied about their height and it really secretly pissed me off because as soon as I met them I could see that they were shorter than me. Why lie? Not only does it make you a liar in my eyes but I'm gonna find out anyway when I meet you. Why should you waste both our time? I have no problem with a guy that's overweight or bald (he has to be taller than me though) but I don't want to date someone very obese because it tells me he doesn't take care of himself at all. And I want someone who shares my desire for a healthy lifestyle. I love going for walks, swims and bike rides and if someone is not physically able to keep up with me I will not likely want to date them. And I also don't want someone who is constantly eating junk around me because there is a danger of me starting to eat the same way.
 hemingway234
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 11:48:47 AM

I still do not really understand what is the point with lying about or hiding your weight? Just like when guys lie about their height.

- maybe that's part of the reason they are single? Not everybody is the catch of the day or the pick of the litter.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 11:56:00 AM
July sweetie, I don't weigh 250 lbs, but I am fat so I marked my body type as BBW. A few extra pounds is just that - a few extra. Weight is not the best judge of body type. I know a beautiful 6' tall woman. On her 250 lbs is a few extra pounds. When searching for a partner I think putting up a full body shot is a smart thing. However, I don't think that should be mandatory.

As to why people lie about their age, height and/or weight I feel they hope that once you meet them you will be able to see past how they look and see them for their good qualities.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 289
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 12:45:54 PM

I am of the opinion that people should be asked their weight just as they are asked their height when filling out their profile.

I'm not a fan of that, as that can be misleading. And people will make off-key visual assumptions based on it. Really, one's all about the body Shape. The best way would be to have drawn outlines of different body shapes, and you choose which one best suits you. It's better than pics that can be outdated or on an angle, etc.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 1:10:35 PM
agree with Norwegian on that. I know many much fatter than me weighting less. all muscle, lead in my ass or a 50 pound pecker hidden in my shorts. thin=body type. if your diameter exceeds your height, probably not considered thin.
 siisaa
Msg: 291
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 1:11:17 PM

As to why people lie about their age, height and/or weight I feel they hope that once you meet them you will be able to see past how they look and see them for their good qualities.

Idealistic, self-serving intentions at best. The person may have a bunch of awesome qualities but being a liar is not one of them. And most people treat lying as a deal-breaker.

I've known of one catfish situation turning out in a favorable way but this case was definitely an exception, not the rule. Many years ago, I worked with a girl who was very short, chubby & frumpy with limp dark hair and glasses. She put a picture of a hot blonde on her MySpace profile and a guy contacted her and they began dating, even after he met her and saw that she was NOT the girl in the photos. Long story short, they are now married with 2 kids. I met him a few times and I can only speculate that he accepted her lies because he was no prize himself. He was awkward, unattractive with bad skin, greasy flaky hair and poor posture. Something tells me neither the girl or guy in this story had a bunch of other options so that's why they just stuck with each-other.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2018 1:24:41 PM

I've known of one catfish situation turning out in a favorable way but this case was definitely an exception, not the rule.

To be fair though -- it doesn't take a catfish of a situation to be lying. And if done right and not near the point of catfishing at all, it's common that it will Work. It can make the difference between one Replying to their message, or not. Sure, it's inaccurate to some degree -- but there's another potential inaccuracy in the opposite direction being had by the other person: Assumptions. People lean on making Negative assumptions when it comes to the "stats" on a profile. Nudging one's "stats" in the positive direction, if done right, can lead to some successes where that other person may have otherwise passed them by. Which is why this stuff continues and always will continue. :)

If you look like your pictures -- and you're not a lot taller or shorter than your pic where it'd get in the way of the other person's tastes... you'll most of the time end up fine.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > why do do many women have "body type = thin"