Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > why do do many women have "body type = thin"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Coma_White
Msg: 51
view profile
History
why do do many women have body type = thinPage 3 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

Women are given ridiculously high standards for optimum weight (although it's MUCH harder for women to maintain weight than men).
Women have to deal with hair and make-up -- while men just have to be well groomed and clean.
Women have to co-ordinate 100 outfits with 1,000 pairs of shoes and jewelry. Men need 3 pairs of shoes -- dress, sandals, and nikes. And 2 pairs of pants -- jeans and dress. And 1 dress shirt and a few pull overs.

To be fair, the last woman I met doesn't own any make up and just puts her hair in a bun. Women might be more desirable when they're thin, but all they don't even have to visit a gym, that can be done with diet alone. Men are expected to have muscles. Men might have a bit of an advantage when it comes to looks and outfits, but it balances out because wealth, fame and power also factors into how desirable they are. A rich guy will date a cute pizza delivery girl but you'll never see it the other way around.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 52
view profile
History
why do do many women have body type = thin
Posted: 7/9/2018 11:20:01 PM
As I watch "The Bachelorette", I'm comparing the guys with all of them having nice bodies, so the difference is their face, with regard to physical appearance. Muscles make a difference, but then again, a woman that's toned, besides being thin, looks very attractive. For women, it helps to either go to the gym or do physical activities that tone muscles.

Maintaining a good weight isn't always easy. I saw what must have been a 6 year old fat girl in the grocery store today. The mother was handfeeding her candy as they walked along. I wanted to slap the candy out of the mother's hand and then slap the mother. Good eating habits start early in life, otherwise, some women really struggle with weight loss or maintaining their weight.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2018 12:06:00 AM

To be fair, the last woman I met doesn't own any make up and just puts her hair in a bun.

Some gals don't need to do much. With some gals it helps a good amount to just do a little something-something, to get the guys who are good looking enough to hit their satisfaction. And with a select few -- yeah, they really should put on some makeup and spend some time, as it makes a huge difference for them. Then again, you'd also be surprised that some guys can really Benefit to put at least time & effort in the bathroom. One of the key things in every Mainstream book for guys & dating is that's the #1 underlooked thing to help your dating stock value.

Women might be more desirable when they're thin, but all they don't even have to visit a gym, that can be done with diet alone. Men are expected to have muscles.

Women don't have to be Actually thin, not in today's world. If guys are notably not tall or their face under ideal, they need to have a more muscular build to level the playing field, which is pretty tough, especially if one is single & goes out, has drinks, etc.

Muscles make a difference, but then again, a woman that's toned, besides being thin, looks very attractive.

Nice & toned for a gal past high school is tough. But a gal doesn't need to do that to get a lot of guy attention. Situations/Difficulties vary individually for what a particular guy & particular gal should more aim for about their bodies, depending on their other looks factors. But just losing weight alone is a lot easier than having to lose fat as a whole + add muscle in various sections of the body. I wish us guys could get the male equivalent of a b00b-job. ;)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2018 12:52:26 AM
There's a world full of toned women.

This guy from the tv show "Botched", they had a guy that had pecs done: Rodrigo has undergone 10 nose jobs, a butt lift, silicone chest implants, eight pack abs and hair implants - he's even had his ribs removed.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/2775699/human-ken-doll-rodrigo-alves-look-like-before-surgery-2018/
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2018 1:35:05 AM

Dave, I don't think anyone should lie about anything, but at least with weight, you can see pics. As for using old pics, sometimes that's obvious by looking at clothes, hairstyles, that they look too young, etc. If a person suspected old pics, just ask the person for a timeline for them.

A pof guy I met looked to be using older pics, but I didn't care. If a person is of the same weight and general looks, its not a big deal to me.

If you meet a person that used old pics and they look much different, then I'd tell them they lied basically, and leave them where I found them, date over. A lot of people may have very old pics because they don't get contacted and never bothered to update them.

Over the years I've read posts by men and women that say posting a 15 to 20 year old photo is tantamount to lying about their age. "If they're being dishonest about their photo what else will they be dishonest about"? If they have a cell phone they can post an up-to-date picture.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2018 1:55:18 AM

There's a world full of toned women.

Yeah, in magazines & TV shows, sure. IRL, they're not hard to find, but this is also 'Merica! Where maw's home-cooking is supposed to be good for ya, and every toned woman is surrounded by far far far more women & men who ate too many of them there leftovers. :)

How you measure up against your competition obviously does play a role. If you're in Ft Wayne VS Southern California, the motive to be toned will be less in one place, and greater in the other. And of course, what one defines "toned".... where I define it by default with a gal is not being muscular, but being 'defined' with the help of the muscle vs fat ratio.

This guy from the tv show "Botched", they had a guy that had pecs done:

He had breast implants... not pecs for like, a guy's chest. Although looking it up they do do pec enhancement surgeries, but they're not as comparatively enhancing as b00b jobs can be for a woman who's not optimally equipped in that dept.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2018 8:15:41 AM
Ok, I admit that I was exaggerating about how many shoes and outfits women need.

And I'm saying that men only NEED one of each of the items I mentioned. NOT that that was all they had.

But ya'll still gotta admit that ALMOST all women MUST put more into their appearance than men.

And to the male poster that said that only YOUNGER women had high standards for weight maintenance than men -- may well depend on the part of the country you are from. I'm from Dallas area -- where that bar really does exist for women of all ages. And believe me, there are a lot of beautiful people around here to choose from.

Women that spend that much time and money on the clothes, hair, makeup etc are probably high maintenance and care about their own looks more than men do.

1. If by "high maintenance" you mean that she expects a man to pay for some of this -- not so! She generally foots the bill herself.

2. Men tend to fantasize about the woman who looks just gorgeous without make-up, can be ready for anything at a moments notice, and doesn't even have to style her hair. Not a lot of those ladies around though.

3. SOME men also will tend to complain about the amount of time a woman puts into her appearance. But they would complain a LOT more if she stopped. Just sayin'.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2018 3:01:18 PM
Men's view of high maintenance women:

Her Mirror is her best Friend.
She requires a lot of time and demands constant attention.
She is focused on image and appearance in shallow ways.
She is quick to anger, excessively sensitive to interpersonal disagreements and slow to forgive.
She assumes all eye's are on her.
She always thinks she deserves a better man.
Valentine's Day isn't about her man. It's about lavishing everything on her.
(If a mother) Mother's day should be religiously supported but Father's day can be tolerated.

It seems men and and women have differing opinions of what High Maintenance women means.

L_LuuLuu: women defining what men are thinking is like men defining what women are thinking. Both genders think slightly different with assumptions leading to incorrect conclusions.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2018 5:47:00 PM
^^^^^^^

Well, Dave --

Have YOU ever fantasized about the woman who looks just gorgeous without make-up...……

Tell us the truth, now.

Women might be more desirable when they're thin, but all they don't even have to visit a gym, that can be done with diet alone

Where on earth did you ever get an idea like that, Coma?
Maybe the lady with the bun you were seeing? A few of us are naturally thin. But for MOST of us, effort is put forth.
 ssm508
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2018 8:01:27 PM

Men's view of high maintenance women:

Her Mirror is her best Friend.
She requires a lot of time and demands constant attention.
She is focused on image and appearance in shallow ways.
She is quick to anger, excessively sensitive to interpersonal disagreements and slow to forgive.
She assumes all eye's are on her.
She always thinks she deserves a better man.
Valentine's Day isn't about her man. It's about lavishing everything on her.
(If a mother) Mother's day should be religiously supported but Father's day can be tolerated.

It seems men and and women have differing opinions of what High Maintenance women means

I agree with many of these viewpoints.

1. If by "high maintenance" you mean that she expects a man to pay for some of this -- not so! She generally foots the bill herself.

2. Men tend to fantasize about the woman who looks just gorgeous without make-up, can be ready for anything at a moments notice, and doesn't even have to style her hair. Not a lot of those ladies around though.

3. SOME men also will tend to complain about the amount of time a woman puts into her appearance. But they would complain a LOT more if she stopped. Just sayin'.

A woman wearing a little bit of makeup is okay. But using a lot of makeup doesn't necessarily always make a woman look more attractive.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 61
Posted: 7/11/2018 4:51:12 AM
SOME female humans will work hard on their appearance, b/c TV, movies, and a lot of society tells them a woman's looks are very important. And, if as a result of all that work, they get compliments, if they get guys running over to fix things for them, if they get a job b/c they look 10 years younger than they are....who can blame them for deciding the hard work pays off?
 ssm508
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2018 7:45:57 AM
^^^
Maybe that's true in some cases. But in my experience, more often than not they cared about their appearance more than others did. The women I dated only invested a lot of time and energy on makeup for special occasions such as weddings. Not as a part of their normal routine.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2018 11:17:48 AM
My makeup stays constant, just mascara and lipstick, sometimes blush, but women tend to apply more at social functions where it's nighttime and low light. There's daytime makeup and evening makeup looks.

Mustang, if you're in the public eye, especially sales, an employer will hire based on looks. If good looks makes men want to do things for a woman, that's on the men, not the women.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2018 8:18:54 PM

^^^^^^^

Well, Dave --

Have YOU ever fantasized about the woman who looks just gorgeous without make-up...……

Tell us the truth, now.

How is fantasizing correlated to high maintenance women? No, I never fantasized about Hanoi Jane!
 sun_water
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/12/2018 7:10:42 AM

The women I dated only invested a lot of time and energy on makeup for special occasions such as weddings. Not as a part of their normal routine.

Yes. I will use some makeup when I'm going to work or hanging out with friends in a casual setting. But I wouldn't spend an exorbitant amount of time on it.
 Coma_White
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2018 6:00:30 PM
I had a date today and this woman also wore no make up and just put her hair in a bun. The last one did the exact same thing. Maybe something weird is going on in my area.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2018 7:03:45 PM
Congrats on getting the date. It's the summer, a time for buns🍔
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/14/2018 9:41:17 PM

Men tend to fantasize about the woman who looks just gorgeous without make-up, can be ready for anything at a moments notice, and doesn't even have to style her hair. Not a lot of those ladies around though.

How did women manage for thousands of years before they had access to makeup?
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 69
Posted: 7/14/2018 10:03:20 PM
coal and crushed berries
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/14/2018 10:43:22 PM
Kiss, various forms of makeup have existed through centuries. On Google books you can find free etiquette books from the XIXth century discussing makeup and cosmetics.
 Coma_White
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2018 11:39:00 PM

Congrats on getting the date. It's the summer, a time for buns

LOL Thanks. The ones I meet wear their hair in a bun all winter and don't own make up. No one dresses up for dates here. It's weird.
 2ufo
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2018 7:18:11 AM

coal and crushed berries

ochre and malachite

Oldest makeup I've heard of is about 25,000 years ago - a shell filled with ochre.
Of course, it may actually have been part of an artist's kit.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2018 8:44:29 AM

The women I dated only invested a lot of time and energy on makeup for special occasions such as weddings. Not as a part of their normal routine.

Yes. I will use some makeup when I'm going to work or hanging out with friends in a casual setting. But I wouldn't spend an exorbitant amount of time on it.

Agreed!

This is USUALLY the case but certainly not ALWAYS: (Although SOME women here are likely to come back with how they just toss back their hair and apply a quick swish of mascara, blah, blah....). And for SOME that is actually true.
HOWEVER:

It's not just the MAKE UP that takes so much time. (USUALLY takes about 5 minutes for MOST that wear it at all.)

But the time a woman showers, washes her hair, styles her hair, dental care, skin care, make up, clothes and accessories, she's spent about an hour. As opposed to a man's 10-minutes or so.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2018 11:12:14 AM

I had a date today and this woman also wore no make up and just put her hair in a bun. The last one did the exact same thing.

I don't think it's weird that a gal doesn't get "dolled up" for a mere date, even a 1st date. Especially if she's the type who's naturally good looking and doesn't need much makeup or fancy dresses. And especially if it's a Sunday afternoon, or right-after-work where their work isn't an environment to dress up for. Dates by themselves don't have the assumption that it's a candle lit dinner at an Italian restaurant. :)

That said, for some gals, I would recommend they put on some makeup, do their hair, and wear something on the above-average side at least, if they really like the guy and want to maximize their chances with him. That can go a long way for some, even without spending tons of time in the bathroom. For others, it just puts on a nice little touch and that's about it.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2018 11:29:53 AM

But the time a woman showers, washes her hair, styles her hair, dental care, skin care, make up, clothes and accessories, she's spent about an hour. As opposed to a man's 10-minutes or so.

I usually get up about 10 minutes before I'm supposed to be at work and I live 45 mins. away.
Slight exaggeration maybe but I barely have time to get up, get out, get my tasty beverage and
slide into work this side of the hour.

I'm kind of a 10 minute man woman.
Of course, I wear flower pins and shiny headbands. Those things tend to make up for a lot of ills.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > why do do many women have "body type = thin"