Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > why do do many women have "body type = thin"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 76
view profile
History
why do do many women have body type = thinPage 4 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

As opposed to a man's 10-minutes or so.

Hell I spend more than 10 minutes dropping the kids off at the pool...
 siisaa
Msg: 77
view profile
History
why do do many women have body type = thin
Posted: 7/19/2018 12:27:08 PM

I don't think it's weird that a gal doesn't get "dolled up" for a mere date, even a 1st date.

Me either. I save the dressing up for events, such as a wedding or night at the opera. Most first dates don't lead to anything so I look how I appear 99% of the time: no makeup, pants, long-sleeved top & sneakers. If we continue to date and progress well in that department, then I'll put forth more effort with my wardrobe & makeup.
 Coma_White
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2018 12:49:05 PM
That would be nice, but the women I met don't own any make up. I've had multiple dates with them. There's nothing to progress to. I'm not the type to write someone off after the first date.
 Tech30
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2018 2:40:18 PM
Hell I spend more than 10 minutes dropping the kids off at the pool...

You ever go back and pick them up again?
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2018 5:37:00 PM
Coma --

I just have to ask: Do you prefer the women with no make up and buns? Or would you like to see a little make up now and then on your date?

As for me --

I work from home much of the time.
But, I know I have to shower and brush my teeth every morning, and also need to keep my hair clean, grooming, moisturizer, anyway. I have to wear clothes, so why not just put on something that looks nice? Doesn't have to be dressed up -- just decent casual wear. And since I'm in the bathroom anyway, why not spend a few minutes on make-up. I do it for ME -- and NOT to get "dolled up" for some guy. That's just part of who I am. I do the same look everyday, except maybe for a formal affair.

Besides, once it's done, it's done. Now I'm ready for anything. New tax clients, unexpected invites, someone dropping by. Whatever plans I make for the evening just needs a freshen up.

I don't know that many people that get that dressed up anymore. Especially in Texas where it's 109 degrees today. People here wear shorts and T's to good restaurants, clubs and anywhere. It's just toooooo hot to dress up.
 ssm508
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2018 6:00:01 PM

But the time a woman showers, washes her hair, styles her hair, dental care, skin care, make up, clothes and accessories, she's spent about an hour. As opposed to a man's 10-minutes or so.
Besides special occasions, most women I dated probably needed about 20-30 minutes to get ready. Not a hour. A man can need more than 10 minutes to get ready as well. In particular for special occasions. He might need to shave, iron his clothes etc.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2018 6:29:04 PM
^^^^^

If she has long thick hair that has to be washed, died and styled, how can she do all that plus shower brush and floss her teeth, apply moisturizer, skin care, make up, and put on clothes in 20 min? Must have some great hacks! Or do the women you date only wash their hair and brush their teeth on special occasions?

Don't know any men that need to iron clothes. Most just use wash and wear (and hang them up immediately) or have their dress shirts done. Do you only shave on special occasions?
 ssm508
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2018 7:22:51 PM
Not every woman needs or has to do every single thing you mentioned every time they go out. I do sometimes iron when my clothes have some wrinkles after I washed them. I don't only shave just for special occasions. But the larger point is I would pay more attention to my overall appearance for special occasions.
 cooldog65
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2018 8:06:48 PM

You ever go back and pick them up again?

Thousands have been dropped off...
They were never seen again...
 Coma_White
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2018 8:52:08 PM

I just have to ask: Do you prefer the women with no make up and buns? Or would you like to see a little make up now and then on your date?

I'd like to see something that looks remotely feminine. I see lots of women around that wear nice clothing, wear make up, wear nail polish, do their hair, etc. The ones that want to go on dates don't look like them.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/20/2018 2:57:19 AM
"I don't know that many people that get that dressed up anymore. Especially in Texas where it's 109 degrees today. People here wear shorts and T's to good restaurants, clubs and anywhere. It's just toooooo hot to dress up"

>>>we suffered some hot and humid days this month, I couldn't imagine wearing something that clogged up my pores like that while everywhere I went I was sweating. just standing still, the humidity caught up, you had to move to keep the air around you moving. at least now we're back to 50 degree nights for sleeping.

"don't know any men who need to iron clothes....do you only shave on special occaisons?"

>>>admittedly, I don't iron anymore :) As for shaving, if I'm not going out I won't, but I shave my head as well, so its not something one should let go for too long, otherwise its more whiskers in the sink :)
 NewYorker58
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 9:13:33 AM
Mustang, maybe you need to rock a kilt on those hot days. I saw a guy here wearing a maxi dress on our hot day. I don't miss the east coast humidity. I had an 85° day that felt more like 75° to this ex-NYer. It's a beautiful thing 🌞
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 10:20:04 AM
To Mach Mustang --

Most women wear lightweight non-comedogenic make up these days. or just BB cream or tinted moisturizer for the base. It doesn't clog your pores.
But the ladies that do get the clogged pore feeling are the ones that a-- as many men like to say -- "cake it on".

If you want me to be brutally honest -- what is really makes most of us feel hottest in the summer time is BRAS!!!
Even jersey ones.
Even Breezies.
And, sadly, most do need to wear them.

To SSM --

Not every woman needs or has to do every single thing you mentioned every time they go out.

Nope, most of us do most of that junk in the a.m. So it all doesn't have to be done over for a night out. But we still do it. And it still takes time. Most of us have other "grooming chores" to do, too -- that you don't know the half of.
And if we don't need to wash hair everyday, that's a real time saver.
 whiterose0
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 10:25:38 AM

If she has long thick hair that has to be washed, died and styled, how can she do all that plus shower brush and floss her teeth, apply moisturizer, skin care, make up, and put on clothes in 20 min?

Since when did women start dyeing their hair before every date? I shower and wash my hair in the morning when I first get up. If I had a date that night, I would shower again, but I wouldn't wash my hair a second time.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 11:44:24 AM
I stand corrected, White Rose.

I omitted the "R" from the word "dried", making it appear to be a misspelling of the word "dyed".
Thanks for pointing that out.

As to your other question, See Above.
Thanks.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 1:41:11 PM

If she has long thick hair that has to be washed, died and styled, how can she do all that plus shower brush and floss her teeth, apply moisturizer, skin care, make up, and put on clothes in 20 min?

Not everyone takes another shower because they have a date, unless they didn't shower that day nor plan to. So in 20-30 minutes, that wouldn't be a part of the time-clock. And if it was a 2nd shower, it should just be a quickie -- as said by white rose, no hair washing and re-doing the whole thing required. It'd just add about 5-7 minutes or so, if you were going to get naked anyway and change clothes.

I would see it taking notably longer than a guy if she hadn't gotten ready for the day yet at all yet (bad timing).
 ssm508
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 8:51:52 PM

Nope, most of us do most of that junk in the a.m. So it all doesn't have to be done over for a night out. But we still do it. And it still takes time. Most of us have other "grooming chores" to do, too -- that you don't know the half of.
And if we don't need to wash hair everyday, that's a real time saver.

The original point was some women (and men as well) would spend more time than others on their appearance. Taking a shower wouldn't count towards the amount of time people are focused on their appearance. Unless a person smelled or was hot and sweaty. Plus some of the things mentioned (clothes/accessories, skin products, dental work, even hair products for some men) can apply to both genders. Yes sometimes it is possible a woman might take much longer than a man getting ready for a date. But that's not always the case. At least a few women here mentioned they don't spend a large of time getting ready for a first date.
 sun_water
Msg: 93
Posted: 7/21/2018 8:50:19 AM

The original point was some women (and men as well) would spend more time than others on their appearance.

When I go out with a group of friends or relatives, there is often at least 1 woman that takes longer to get ready compared to the rest of the group.

Taking a shower wouldn't count towards the amount of time people are focused on their appearance. Unless a person smelled or was hot and sweaty.

Pretty much the only times I would take a shower right before going out is when I had been exercising and/or I had been outside on a hot day.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Why do SO many women have such delicious bodies?
Posted: 7/21/2018 2:20:23 PM
[qutoe]Plus some of the things mentioned (clothes/accessories, skin products, dental work, even hair products for some men) can apply to both genders
One can make the case as far as expectations go, that the gal is going to have more "stuff" to attend to after waking up on a Sunday morning if she wants to get ready for the day.

A more important thing is this: You don't brush your teeth or put on daily skin products Only because it's right before a Date. A Date doesn't get the copyright on that. For most, it's going to happen about every day anyway -- at least the bulk of it. The time-delay getting-ready is when it's bad timing -- they didn't get ready for the day yet, and they're adhering to an out-of-nowhere Date that springs up to happen in a short order of time.
 lulz567
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2018 4:40:17 PM
Women say they want honesty in a bloke? No I don’t,but don’t be surprised if I find out your lying while I’m in courting stages. I don’t find things like appearances lying on women saying age, height, weight being really dishonest. It’s quite the norm and harmless lying. When they say they would like honesty from guys, that usually means not being a serious whopping great liar like I’m single ( when they are not)or I’m the faithful type, when really they have been with everything with a pulse.
 ohenryx
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2018 11:48:36 AM

MachIMustangII
SOME female humans will work hard on their appearance, b/c TV, movies, and a lot of society tells them a woman's looks are very important. And, if as a result of all that work, they get compliments, if they get guys running over to fix things for them, if they get a job b/c they look 10 years younger than they are....who can blame them for deciding the hard work pays off?

Very very true. One of those essential truths that no one really tries to dispute.

Men also get benefits from better appearance. A lot of scientific research out there showing tall men are more likely go get promoted, etc. But mostly that is associated with inherent traits, and there isn’t a whole lot that men can do to improve their careers by means of improving their appearance.

Women, on the other hand, can grow long beautiful hair. They can get breast implants. They can learn to apply makeup skillfully – dear god, why are there so many women who have never learned that skill?

Men? They can lose weight, work out, tone up. All of which might help with attracting women, but isn’t likely to help with your career, or having someone rush over to help you fix a flat tire.

NewYorker58
If good looks makes men want to do things for a woman, that’s on the men, not the women.

It’s called biology, you may have heard of it? We really don’t have much control over that.

Coma_white
A rich guy will date a cute pizza delivery girl but you'll never see it the other way around.

Actually, I have. Certainly more rare than the other way around, but it has happened.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2018 12:59:12 PM
Henry, I know, but my point was it's up to a man if he wants to react to it. They're not being forced. Mustang makes it sound like women are always purposefully luring men to do things for them with their looks. As you know, men are just willing☺

Alternatively, many men state in their profiles, if you're not good looking, be handy, and state they're handy, they can figure everything out, fix everything. Being that's not a physical trait, God given, it is a ploy on the part of the men. I bet it works too, if so many men say that, or it's their thinking it does.

On a side note, I hope your dog is doing okay and not too lonely since the other one passed. Dogs can get depressed over a passing.
 Coma_White
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2018 1:12:46 PM

Actually, I have. Certainly more rare than the other way around, but it has happened.

Do you mean you dated a rich woman?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2018 2:24:06 PM

SOME female humans will work hard on their appearance, b/c TV, movies, and a lot of society tells them a woman's looks are very important.

I'll say this tho: Same goes for men. It's just all about rising up to be competitive. Guys don't have to groom & deal with longer hair and don't have to compete with other guys looking better with some makeup. But they do in forms of dresswear to be attractive, otherwise pretty much every guy would just wear tshirt & jeans and do laundry less often. :) And guys do compete in other ways among other guys that girls don't as much -- getting not just a job & self-sufficient, but a higher-end one where there Is a motive under the radar that it makes you a better catch (otherwise male ambition would take a hit).

Men? They can lose weight, work out, tone up. All of which might help with attracting women, but isn’t likely to help with your career, or having someone rush over to help you fix a flat tire.

Not as much as women, but I would say it would help. 20/20 did an experiment Years ago: Got this 6'1" great looking guy who had the looks of a hunk in a nice suit, fitting the role as a stock broker with not a great resume to be one. The other candidate they had going in there was this overweight but clean cut gal with a great resume. They hired the guy, and on camera, the boss said "You just LOOK like a great stock broker!" And of course they followed it with the gal having a flat tire + a hot chick. Guys were obviously tripping over their own feet to pull over to help the hot chick, where the other lady was waiting a good while for that to happen.

Attraction is #1 for both genders, and Can go a long way for a guy. It's just that there's other attributes for men that are More Important for ladies, than the other way around. Moreso when gals aren't so career-oriented.

If good looks makes men want to do things for a woman, that’s on the men, not the women.

Good looks will make men want to approach/help/charm a woman, yes. And as Henry says, yep, that's biology. Also the other way around gender-wise. :)

A rich guy will date a cute pizza delivery girl but you'll never see it the other way around.

With Zero social connections, it's basically 0. Even with social connections (and there's going to be a lack of them), it pretty much rounds to 0. And I'm not talking about Joey in-between jobs while he's dating Sally who got her 1st teaching job. But basically a very wealthy Sally ending up Dating a guy she met at the bar who reveals he's just a pizza delivery guy.

The only thing I'd really see cropping up is rich Sally going to clubs and such (not just rich bars) -- and having a fling with a Hunk who doesn't do much more than delivering pizzas, to get her rocks off -- whoo hoo!
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 100
Posted: 7/22/2018 3:03:37 PM
LuuLuu, thank you for the makeup tutorial. As for bras, i'm sure i'm not the only overthinking male who on a roaching hot day has thought, "if i'm going commando, I have to feel for the ladies who have to put on that extra garment." On the flip side, I realize a few need to wear them--every time a lady hops into a store with AC and she can write her name twice in the glass door she's got open to grab a refreshing hydration, or just the thought of a sidewalk full of ladies bouncing more than a Baywatch running scene...the distraction potential is just too much. some days, we just want life to be simple--leave the house, get errands run, return to the castle and get beer in hand or whatever it is we do inside there. Keep the head down, earbuds in, avoid the pushy salespeople, diversions, drama, distractions of things we cannot afford, etc.

"Mustang makes it sound like women are always purposefully luring men to do things for them with their looks."

>>>SOME women do. they tend to be intellectually lazy. They tend to be the damsels in distress proclaiming with a sigh, "I'm not sure i'm doing this right" or "this is so complicated" or "this is so boring", and some guy who doesn't want to get stuck with the work but does hope to get a date with her, foolishly runs over to help...and probably give a shoulder rub...and maybe a look down her neckline...so like minded individual finds like minded individual, both trying to trade what they have for what they want. And frankly, if they can get away with it, oh well. But when they are in their 50's, they run into trouble, as the boys run to help the 18 yr old who's curves are still firm, and these poor ladies haven't practiced doing things on their own. understandably, some of these ladies are still single, b/c some guy got sick of them playing "dumb blonde" or "damsel in distress" too many times.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > why do do many women have "body type = thin"