Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > why do do many women have "body type = thin"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NewYorker58
Msg: 176
view profile
History
why do do many people underestimate their body typePage 8 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
^^^^the guys here are funny

Big boned means big frame, which would mean you can carry more weight, and has nothing to do with being overweight.
 julystorm22
Msg: 177
view profile
History
why do do many people underestimate their body type
Posted: 8/19/2018 4:57:31 PM
There's actually a really good website that shows what people look like at certain weights and heights:

https://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-11122-body-shape.htm?StartAt=6#searchForm
 curvylady1965
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2018 5:57:12 PM
^^^ neat to see how different the same weight range looks on different people.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2018 3:33:50 PM

^^^ neat to see how different the same weight range looks on different people.

I agree. And July looks great in her (new) picture.
 Coma_White
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2018 4:00:26 PM

From your pics, you seem to carry your weight better than others, pound for pound, as I would measure it by an average guy's aim instead. Assuming one is the 'typical' gal: @5'8.5" -- the "target" weight is 148. For a guy, it's 156. So yeah, 160 is a good "target" for you, as opposed to 150. The "high" for a gal at your height is 174. You have that the average of the average, where average = not thin, not overweight.

I would put it like this for 5'8.5", for Typical gals, and assuming one doesn't do weight lifting... but one's YMMV -- reading off a health chart, with me still giving it a little leeway:
Under 130: underweight
130-145: Thin
146-170: Average (not slender, not chubby)
171-185: A Few Extra Pounds (Chubby, not fat)
186-210: Plus-Sized (aka "fat")
211-235: BBW
236+: VBW (Very Big Woman)

That's right on the money. I'm between 160 and 165, but I guess it depends on your fat to muscle ratio. I could probably drop a few pounds and still be healthy.
 Norasings
Msg: 181
Posted: 8/20/2018 4:51:36 PM
Every one of us could be improved aesthetically, but there is so much more to the beauty a person has to offer. Anyone who doesn't see that is short sited.
 siisaa
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2018 6:28:29 PM
^ welcome to online dating. There are some guys whose looks or height weren't all that impressive but we dated because I met them in person first & got to know them beyond superficial stats that are on a dating profile. However, had they merely cold-messaged me on a dating site, chances are I would've ignored them.
 dark_n_juju
Msg: 183
Posted: 8/21/2018 11:53:36 AM
siisaa You have a beautiful soul. I wish I was closer to that kind of person than I am. A new goal to put on my bucket list.
 acrosstheplains
Msg: 184
Posted: 8/21/2018 2:51:21 PM
I've been thin to athletic most of my life but over the last year got bored with the type of women I was attracting. So after stuffing my face with chocolate, chips and celery, I'm now officially A Few Extra Pounds.
I still don't attract the type of women I seek.... Maybe Botox and filler is next
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2018 4:29:38 PM

chocolate, chips and celery, …………….

LOL, ALL in one bite? ………..Sweet and crunchy? ………...I don't know, I'm not feelin' it!
 browneyesboo
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2018 5:25:07 PM
I have a friend that makes celery and peanut butter, which I like with raisins. She puts chocolate chips on hers..not sure you can still call them ants on a log?
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2018 6:40:59 PM
This thread doesn't show up in the search.

Maybe have a look.

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16724234.aspx
 LBJfan600
Msg: 188
view profile
History
why do do many women have body type = thin
Posted: 8/26/2018 8:15:26 PM
won't scare you off maybe but it will scare off their prince charming who is 6'2" and cut like Brad Pitt in Troy
 NewYorker58
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2018 9:16:49 PM
Brad is back on the market. I should change my body type to thin from average. Thanks for the tip!
 dark_n_juju
Msg: 190
Posted: 8/28/2018 7:32:04 AM
YES he is... And Newyorker58 get in LINE. BEHIND ME.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2018 2:48:29 PM
Juju, we both may have to get in a very long line behind his kids, but I think Jolie probably has them mostly.

If you can't return using the same name, I vote for juju coming back as Dark_n_Lovely☺
 I_Am_Con_S_Tip_ated
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2018 4:50:09 PM
NewYorker58
Posted: 8/29/2018 2:01:13 PM

Juju exhibits self worth. Some men don't like it,
----------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------

ohenryx Posted: 8/25/2018 803 AM

Some very interesting comments here. One woman, who talks about “keeping it real”, I don’t think I would want to meet her. But I’m sure there are others who agree with her.
------------------------------------------
Posted: 8/25/2018 7:35:52 AM

Not that I'm in the habit of sending dyck pics, but I have had women ask and I did oblige.
-----------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------
-
dark_n_juju

Posted: 8/12/2018 419 PM

The other puzzle is why some send****pics to a stranger and think we would be turned on by that..

When I first started on line dating I was on a site that allowed pictures. I got a guy who sent a picture of his purple-blue penis against a pasty vainly thigh.
The only thing that went through my mind was 1. Is he trying to turn me off of sex altogether? AND why is it that color? What is he doing to himself?
---------------------------------------------------------------
If I am high maintenance because I expect a man to bring so much more to the table than a penis then sue me.
------------------------------------------------
dark_n_juju

Posted: 8/16/2018 5:05:42 AM
Have they changed this? I am 52 and I just had an email from a guy 67. That is a 15-year difference. Did they drop this rule? PLEASE tell they did not.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow. I have never found older men sexy. NEVER.
---------------------------------------------------------
I still go out to dance the night away. I still twerk. In fact, my ass has gotten bigger as I have gotten older so it bounces a lot better.
Only been in Houston a year. I am still looking for my hot spot. Most older people here believe that sitting and drinking beer is a night out. OR EATING forgot how much the people of this city love to eat. I will be heading to the Red Rooster to check it out just haven't had a chance to do it yet.
-------------------------------------------------------
Men in my age group rarely inspire the lust they wish. Most of the time the inspire the hold that penny with your knees.
------------------------------------------------
I am not a fixer. If a man is too sorry to lose the weight that is killing MORE power to the weight. He can't stop smoking with all kinds of lung issues. PEACE OUT! IF he wants to sit around and not work out to get his body in the best shape as he can then I am not a therapist or a trainer or a dietitian OR HIS MOTHER. The crazy thing is I want a man who is working to be the best him he can be. Let's be honest so many people aren't about the hard work of being their best selves.
------------------------------------------------------
I can say that being attractive can and always has been a double edge sword. Rarely do men see me as a real person
-------------------------------------------------
ohenryx

Ok if you say so.
------------------------------------

ME: Miss Juju is gone?
I hope she is only at the Red Rooster, and not run off by anyone in this forum.
Please come back Miss Juju
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2018 7:53:35 PM
Mr Cons, Am I missing something here? You posted the same page more than once.
 platypus_man
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2018 12:37:24 AM
Because today, body type 'average' is obese. So what used to be normal, is now considered thin. Slender folks are routinely ridiculed by the fat people for supposedly being emaciated; the chants of the obese to normal girls to 'put a little meat on those bones' is pretty common, all to shame the normal ones into getting to be obese like the rest of the fatties. In the past 40 years or so, the average weight of both men and woman has risen by over 20 pounds in America, while their height has remained the same. Muffin tops are now more common than normal figures.
Being fat is now the average. What screws it up even more, is that people are considering that average equals normal; it isn't. Just like in a town that is ravaged by disease, all their body core temperatures might be 104 degrees F (or 42 degrees C), those temperatures may be average, but are certainly not 'normal', being obese may be the new average, but it is certainly not 'normal'.
 CBGB77
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2018 7:59:50 AM

Posted By: platypus_man on 9/9/2018 224 AM
Subject: why do do many women have body type = thin
Message: Slender folks are routinely ridiculed by the fat people for supposedly being emaciated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQOppPHIOHk
 julystorm22
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2018 9:59:17 AM
If you want to really figure this out, go for a walk in the grocery store and observe both the women and men and their sizes. And observe the couples who are together. Use what you see to formulate what you would say "average" is.

The average American woman over age 20 weighs 168.5 pounds and stands at just above 5 feet 3 inches (about 64 inches) tall. And you can add on 7 pounds per inch so an average woman my own height, 5'8, would be 203.5 pounds. So technically now I'm just below average. I feel average too and now that I'm lost 40 lbs I notice an awful lot of women around me are heavier whereas before I didn't notice.

I would just lump "athletic" and "thin" into the same category for women. Just call it "thin". And I would consider a woman who is 149 or lower thin at my height and up to 200 average. There is a line between obese and overweight and its hard to define but it exists. I think its when you start looking at someone and noticing their weight first before other things. Kind of like race and gender.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2018 2:38:17 PM

The average American woman over age 20 weighs 168.5 pounds and stands at just above 5 feet 3 inches (about 64 inches) tall.

Height declines with age + varies with race. The average US white woman in your age category is about 5'4.5". But yes, still, the average woman in your age category is fat.

When taking "Average" body type into consideration, you have to factor in the selections surrounding it. IMO, "Average" doesn't = the average body type in your area for your age bracket. I mean, it's considered for a tie-breaker situation, sure. But you have thin, athletic, and a few-extra-pounds. "Average" basically means "none of the above; not thin, not athletic, not chubby".

Due to there being "a few extra pounds" and "BBW" -- one shouldn't instead choose "Average" if in their area, the average Joe or Jane is borderline BBW. "Average" is basically the in-between of thin & chubby (a few extra).

I would just lump "athletic" and "thin" into the same category for women. Just call it "thin".

I strongly disagree. One can have an athletic body type and Not be thin. Is LeBron James thin? Of course not. Now, some athletic bodies are thin (lack of fat & muscle), but some are more muscular without a lack of fat (but not being a fat person). So athletic body types vary. I think that's the problem with that selection. A gal could be a softball catcher and pretty thick, but of the athletic variety, just like guys can be.
 julystorm22
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2018 4:05:17 PM
I said for women I would eliminate the athletic category. Girls who are athletic could either fall into the thin or average category. If they have big thighs due to muscles they'd be average. Men look at women and divide them up according to outline and not muscle mass.

Men are looked at differently by women though. A guy with a ton of muscles would not usually be looked at as overweight whereas a woman with a lot of muscles would be.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 3:44:24 AM
I'm 136 pounds and 5 foot 2. I'm aiming to lose about 5-10 pounds. I notice peoples size depends maybe more on the area you are in. Some areas people are fatter, some are thinner.
Certain gyms, walking past them like 98% of the people in them are thin. I observed that walking past mingara one women's fitness class. Same as for swimming squad training. However the aqua aerobics, women are likely to be fatter and older. lol. I *think* people who eat in the Thai section and Japanese section of the food court tend to be thinner than those who eat in the KFC section. Subway eaters also seem to be more thinner.
Think it kinda reflects the result of lifestyle and diet choice on body weight.
 hemingway234
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 4:30:23 AM

Thai section and Japanese section of the food court tend to be thinner than those who eat in the KFC section. Subway eaters also seem to be more thinner.
Think it kinda reflects the result of lifestyle and diet choice on body weight.

- actually, you may be surprised.........with their new grilled instead of fried chicken, potato and vegie sides, KFC might actually be the healthier place to eat. Subway is one of the worst places.........and the oriental food depends on ingredients and sauce........the sauce is the real killer here. And sauce, or dressing, is one reason salad is not the best choice.

And chocolate chip cookies are junk food, lol.

In contrast to the opening post........I do see some nice women out there under-promising and over-delivering.......average or thin women being super honest and listing themselves as "a few extra pounds".......so there are some nice women out there.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > why do do many women have "body type = thin"