Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > why do do many women have "body type = thin"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whiterose0
Msg: 201
view profile
History
why do do many women have body type = thinPage 9 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)

I strongly disagree. One can have an athletic body type and Not be thin. Is LeBron James thin? Of course not. Now, some athletic bodies are thin (lack of fat & muscle), but some are more muscular without a lack of fat (but not being a fat person). So athletic body types vary. I think that's the problem with that selection. A gal could be a softball catcher and pretty thick, but of the athletic variety, just like guys can be.

Agree with NG. The pro tennis sisters, Serena Williams and Venus Williams are a good example. Both have athletic body types, but Venus is thinner, while Serena is bigger and more muscular - although I wouldn't consider her to be overweight.
 julystorm22
Msg: 202
view profile
History
why do do many women have body type = thin
Posted: 9/10/2018 8:31:26 AM
But I think a lot of men would look at a picture of Serena fully clothed and classify her has overweight. While she isn't fat, she's muscular but a lot of guys want a woman who is smaller. What kind of weight (fat weight, water weight, muscle weight) does not matter. Weight as a whole does matter for men when looking at women.

Ethnicity plays a big factor too. Black men often like bigger women and many Latinos want very curvy women.
 cutenerd1866
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 8:39:38 AM

In contrast to the opening post........I do see some nice women out there under-promising and over-delivering.......average or thin women being super honest and listing themselves as "a few extra pounds".......so there are some nice women out there.

I'm not surprised by this. I'm 5' 8.5" tall and today I'm 129.4 pounds (fluctuates up to 135). I'm definitely not an athlete, so that eliminated the "athletic" category. But I had a hard time deciding between "thin" and "average", because I wasn't sure what was considered "average". I had a feeling that line varied by person and was subjective.
 julystorm22
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 8:41:48 AM
You are the same height as me but would be considered underweight if you were the same body type (build) as me.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 9:00:20 AM
I don't think Seren is overweight just very muscly. I don't know if guys are really into girls being muscly like that.
I think thy prefer "soft" looking bodies but not exactly overweight.
Most girls can get away with a few kg overweight before they look unhealthy.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 9:11:49 AM
most men will look at the physical appearance more than the actual weight. 2 women of the same height can weight the same, yet one wears a size 2 while the other is an 11. I tip the scales at 210 yet many of my friends are taller and fatter but weight less. just last week, a friend same aprox. height commented he hit 220 and needed to lose some weight, he is double my diameter!
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 10:10:10 AM
msg#200:
In contrast to the opening post........I do see some nice women out there under-promising and over-delivering.......average or thin women being super honest and listing themselves as "a few extra pounds".......so there are some nice women out there.

'Average or thin women being super honest and listing themselves as "a few extra pounds"????

How is this 'honest'? Much less 'super honest'?
I get that you prefer thin women, but how does misrepresenting yourself body wise add up to 'super honest'?
It's possible these thin/average women who describe themselves as 'a few extra' have a degree of body dysmorphia or are anorectic.
Just sayin'~
 hemingway234
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 12:21:49 PM

Average or thin women being super honest and listing themselves as "a few extra pounds"????

How is this 'honest'? Much less 'super honest'?
I get that you prefer thin women, but how does misrepresenting yourself body wise add up to 'super honest'?
It's possible these thin/average women who describe themselves as 'a few extra' have a degree of body dysmorphia or are anorectic.
Just sayin'~

- that was just my take on it......... your mileage may vary.

In general, guys are most attracted to a stick with boobs. But don't worry, they will settle for less! And if they fall in love with you, they will think you look better than you really do!

That said, it's what's on the inside that really counts. Looks fade but personality is forever. I've turned down a lot of cute women who were spoiled brats. I don't care how hot they are.....if they are high maintenance, if I can't establish a basic friendship during courtship, I disappear, and quick. Love is a friendship on fire.
 siisaa
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 12:30:43 PM

You call it nice, when it's more like insecure and fishing for compliments. It's like me trying to claim I am "a few extra pounds" or "overweight". Those types of girls are so insecure and will be met with nothing but eye-rolls and scoffs trying to convince others they are larger. It can also be indicative of body-image problems or body dysmorphia - as a lot of people with eating disorders see themselves as much heavier than they actually are.

No man of sound mind wants to deal with such a woman.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 12:57:18 PM

While she isn't fat, she's muscular but a lot of guys want a woman who is smaller. What kind of weight (fat weight, water weight, muscle weight) does not matter.

She's muscular. YES, it does matter for Athletic. Athletic doesn't = thin. That's basic common sense. It doesn't fall in line with a small-to-large scale like skinny->slender->average->chubby->fat->bbw. Athletic is sort of an outlier -- like "I could fit in skinny to average, but, my body construct is athletic so I'm choosing that."

I'm 5' 8.5" tall and today I'm 129.4 pounds (fluctuates up to 135). I'm definitely not an athlete, so that eliminated the "athletic" category. But I had a hard time deciding between "thin" and "average", because I wasn't sure what was considered "average".

Yeah, yours wouldn't be athletic with that little weight. But OMG, you Really think you'd be "average"? :) You're thin. 130 @ 5'8.5" is clearly thin. :)
 hemingway234
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 12:57:59 PM

You call it nice, when it's more like insecure and fishing for compliments. It's like me trying to claim I am "a few extra pounds" or "overweight". Those types of girls are so insecure and will be met with nothing but eye-rolls and scoffs trying to convince others they are larger. It can also be indicative of body-image problems or body dysmorphia - as a lot of people with eating disorders see themselves as much heavier than they actually are.

No man of sound mind wants to deal with such a woman.

- I'm sure it could be a problem in some rare cases, but I'm not seeing that in the majority of cases, it's not the norm. Some of you may be over-thinking this.

But I think a lot of men would look at a picture of Serena fully clothed and classify her has overweight. While she isn't fat, she's muscular but a lot of guys want a woman who is smaller. What kind of weight (fat weight, water weight, muscle weight) does not matter. Weight as a whole does matter for men when looking at women.

- her arms are built like a bodybuilders'
 hemingway234
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 1:11:02 PM

She's muscular. YES, it does matter for Athletic. Athletic doesn't = thin. That's basic common sense. It doesn't fall in line with a small-to-large scale like skinny->slender->average->chubby->fat->bbw.

Hmmm........but what about a pole-vaulter? What about the average basketball player? And many others? They may be slender, but couldn't they be considered athletic?

Maybe norwegian has figured it all out for us, we can all go home now!
 julystorm22
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 1:52:07 PM
Athletic should just be eliminated from this category I think. You can be athletic and skinny or athletic and built like a brick shithouse. Most men to not want built women as its seen as less feminine (butch). But keep the athletic cateogory for men. Women oftej do not go for skinny guys but they will go for thin with muscles aka athletic.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 2:02:29 PM
msg#208:

In general, guys are most attracted to a stick with boobs. But don't worry, they will settle for less!

You're so funny. What is less than a stick with boobs? Just the boobs? Or just the stick?
hahahaha
 hemingway234
Msg: 215
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2018 7:23:47 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^lol, yup! Can't get much less than than that, nowhere to go!
 ssm508
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2018 8:19:48 PM

Ethnicity plays a big factor too. Black men often like bigger women and many Latinos want very curvy women.

Regardless of race, many men might overlook a woman being somewhat overweight, if she had a decent looking face and a good personality. However most men probably are not attracted to women that are obese or overly muscular.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2018 11:53:49 PM

Athletic should just be eliminated from this category I think. You can be athletic and skinny or athletic and built like a brick shithouse.

Yes, you can have different body types of Athletic. But eliminating Athletic, there is nothing resorting to being toned or muscular. Athletic is different variants of being notably toned and/or muscular.
 whiterose0
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2018 2:06:47 PM
I don't think we should eliminate "Athletic" as one of the body type choices for women, but instead, post good full-length pictures, and let other people make their decisions about our body types based upon those.
 julystorm22
Msg: 219
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2018 2:45:54 PM
I agree on having full-length body pics. I need to put some of my own up. I was going to do that but I couldn't take a good full-length pic of my own.
 Norasings
Msg: 220
Posted: 9/12/2018 4:37:23 PM
Why are we as women letting men classify us? You either like how we look or not, who cares? Should we classify men by the size of their organs or their wallets? How old are we?
 julystorm22
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2018 4:41:58 PM
We classify men all the time based on their wallets and jobs.
 Norasings
Msg: 222
Posted: 9/12/2018 4:55:35 PM
A persons job is where their head is, what they think and believe, who and what they are. Money received is a different matter. Preoccupation with personal appearance is a fleeting and shallow thing.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 223
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2018 5:54:50 PM
I do agree it is shallow but the thread is about women claiming to be thin. many do and are not thin so it appears it matters to them.
 ksuser
Msg: 224
Posted: 9/13/2018 5:13:38 AM
Winfieldbrian "Why do many women have body type=thin"

When it comes to types, who decides? Is there a set weight that determines that? One thing I just don't get, is that an overweight man will request a thin woman. Good health should always be top priority. I don't pay much attention to a man who, in his second sentence starts talking weight. That screams superficial. However, as a woman I really want someone healthy, I do prefer a teddy bear type personally. And, even tho I am typed, a few extra pounds-I have managed to find dates. All weight issues are such a personal choice, I just hate being "typed".
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2018 7:46:14 AM
we get judged on height too! no grey area there, you either list your actual height or lie. if they had short, average and tall, probably have the same issues. at 5'7", not sure if I would put short or average but would never consider tall. what some are complaining/discussing on this thread are those that are clearly few extra pounds or obese and skipping right past average and listing thin.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > why do do many women have "body type = thin"