Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Has #Metoo invaded online dating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ohenryx
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Has #Metoo invaded online dating?Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

Just because somebody is beautiful and breathing does not mean they are a catch.

Yes, but it does make them (at the very least) a great prospect for “catch and release”!

Messages this short may not be posted
 2ufo
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Has #Metoo invaded online dating?
Posted: 6/24/2018 8:51:19 AM
^^^^
Ohhh, delightful!

Perhaps it should be 'friends also' as much as 'friends first'.
 sun_water
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/24/2018 10:58:25 AM

If you see the phrase, "Friends first" in a profile, run..........it usually means they are on the rebound or have other issues and are not ready for a relationship.

Just because somebody is beautiful and breathing does not mean they are a catch.

Of course there is more to a relationship than just looks. But I wouldn't dismiss a man and automatically think he has some type of issues just because this disclaimer. If I was interested, I might ask for some clarification about what he means by this.
 ssm508
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2018 1:01:15 PM

If you see the phrase, "Friends first" in a profile, run..........it usually means they are on the rebound or have other issues and are not ready for a relationship.

If I liked the pictures and the rest of the profile, I would get to know a woman a little bit by email / text / phone conversations and perhaps a few dates before making any type of assessment. "Friends first" is not enough info for me to assume that person is not ready for a relationship.
 siisaa
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/24/2018 5:20:00 PM

Why would you be skeptical of that? It's normal.

I've explained my reasoning already in a few posts throughout this thread.

Re: "friends first" on dating sites. I wouldn't automatically write a person off because they had that on their profile or make any wild assumptions about their dating past. I don't put that much stock into font, I put more stock into our interactions IRL. Sure, I can put "friends first" on my profile but if I happen to meet a guy with whom there is mutual attraction and we enjoy each other's company....we're definitely going to be more than friends.
 Coma_White
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2018 6:13:47 PM

I've explained my reasoning already in a few posts throughout this thread.

Why do we disbelieve someone who says they're nice but believe someone if they say they're an animal lover or something like that? If someone tells me they're an animal lover, I don't automatically assume they're secretly cruel to animals. It's probably more so a sign of social awkwardness if a person says they're nice because they're not sure how else to communicate their good qualities.
 feirene
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2018 1:48:16 AM

Why do we disbelieve someone who says they're nice but believe someone if they say they're an animal lover or something like that?

1) Because most people think they love animals, except they don't really and we have a fked up view of loving them. Keeping them as prisoners to live with us, eating them, or training them to be our slaves.

2) Because nobody actually is nice.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2018 2:31:27 AM
If someone states they're nice, it doesn't mean anything. Also, it's a generic term and sounds like someone is doing a hard sell. That's what you'd do if you were trying to sell a Ford Pinto. Some men say how great they're going to treat you, but a negative is if they say "if you're a lady and deserve it" or saying they'll massage you, pour your bath and throw rose petals at your feet. First thing I think is, and so why are you divorced if you're that wonderful?
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/25/2018 5:00:02 AM

If someone states they're nice, it doesn't mean anything. Also, it's a generic term and sounds like someone is doing a hard sell. That's what you'd do if you were trying to sell a Ford Pinto. Some men say how great they're going to treat you, but a negative is if they say "if you're a lady and deserve it" or saying they'll massage you, pour your bath and throw rose petals at your feet. First thing I think is, and so why are you divorced if you're that wonderful?

This is where widowers have an edge
 MsMicki
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2018 6:10:43 AM

This is where widowers have an edge

oh yeah....losing our loved ones proves we are good relationship material....

do you even think before you type???
 browneyesboo
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2018 6:50:35 AM

First thing I think is, and so why are you divorced if you're that wonderful?

That works both ways, I think. Woman are divorced as well, is it always the man that's not
wonderful? I seriously wonder where all the "bad" people in relationships go, because apparently,
everyone here is the good person in the divorce.

Not all divorces are bad and not all marriages are great. Sometimes people outgrow each other.
Sometimes events happen that make people change. Some people are actually able to behave like
adults, and divorce without being bitter or spending their life putting the other person down.

I believe you're divorced, Ms. New Yorker...so why are you wonderful?
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2018 3:43:53 PM
From some of the comments it seems "All men are created evil" and "If his mouth is moving he's lying". So what can a man say in a message? What outline or formula is acceptable? The above attitude causes decent men to back away from women. However, jerks and bad boys take this as a challenge so in reality the above comments can be counter-productive.
 jco415
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/26/2018 5:20:52 PM
I let the woman make all the moves...
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2018 8:54:29 PM

1) Because most people think they love animals, except they don't really and we have a fked up view of loving them. Keeping them as prisoners to live with us, eating them, or training them to be our slaves.

2) Because nobody actually is nice.

Can we all assume you also teach Dale Carnegy's course on "Howto Win Friend's and Influence People" as your main career?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2018 1:32:50 AM
Boo, my saying why are you divorced if you're so wonderful is attached to the men saying how wonderful they are. I'm not making claims that I'm jumping thru hoops for men, like they are for women. It is my hope that there are some men, like you stated, that had relationships where they grew apart, and I'm sure there are.

Widowers are said to be a good catch. Of course it's a general statement, but could be predicated on them going the distance with their spouse, seeing their wife thru illness to death, and then realizing how important their wives were in their life. A widower I dated did say he didn't appreciate how much his wife did for him until she died.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2018 1:05:11 PM
^^^Well, just so you know, I'm divorced and I'm not only
wonderful...I'm wicked awesome.

My divorce didn't change that.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2018 2:39:12 AM
I'm sure you're awesome. I hope you find someone equally as awesome. I'm referring to Leykis professing to having the inside track on women, yet his relationship history proves otherwise.

Tech30
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2018 5:36:05 PM
#MeToo became #MeTooIAlsoWantAttention.

Guys, if you ever go on a date with a girl and she talks about how all her exes were abusive and horrible... If she talks about how creepy guys always try to hit on her.... Walk away. She is a #MeTooForAttention waiting to happen.
 cooldog65
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2018 10:55:51 AM

I'm referring to Leykis professing to having the inside track on women, yet his relationship history proves otherwise.

It's obvious your making assumptions about Leykis. Have you ever listened to him? I've been listening to his show since 2001. His inside track isn't about relationships, it's about getting laid.
 TomásIasan
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 7/4/2018 1:22:56 PM
@Tech30 Unfortunately the ones who don't aren't really looking for anything more than a now sort of thing.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2018 3:26:12 PM
I live in Indiana. Our states Attorney General (Curtis Hill) has been accused of misconduct. He should be tried in a court of law. This is another #metoo "release to the news and on the internet" instead of taking it to the Marian County (Indianapolis) prosecuting attorney. This is bypassing the legal system. The news has already tried, convicted and socially executed him. Everyone up to the Governor has called for his stepping down from the position of Attorney General with only accusations being offered. What happened to the constitutional "Innocent until proven guilty"?

If proven guilty in a court of law then yes he looses his position and has some sort of sentence pronounced on him. WHAT IF HE'S found innocent? His name has been dragged through the mud. His career is over. The #metoo mode of operation is causing chaos within our countries legal system. If found innocent the women involved should be prosecuted for illegal use of the legal system and the media should be tried for defamation of character. Splashing a persons name (no matter who the defendant is or the accused crime) before the public before the legal system can investigate the matter is Character Assassination. This needs to be brought under control.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/10/2018 3:35:55 PM
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/16711167datingPostpage14.aspx

MadameBoisseau

Msg: 338
view profile
History

Women make up over 70% of the world's impoverished and illiterate. They make up the vast majority of the world's sexual assault victims, and slaves (there are more female slaves now around the globe than during the height of colonialism when it was legal in the majority of the world's countries).

America is actually number 10 in the world's countries for the worst place women can live (because of our massive rates of sexual violence, work place harassment, etc) we are the ONLY western democracy on the list. Perhaps we should examine which sex is more apt to have the government attempt to control their bodies by literally heaping reproductive slavery upon them. Marital rape was legal while I was in high school - was that for men? Or for women?

You can stop pretending now that this idea of a patriarchy is hysterical and "weird" conspiracy youtube videos. Any person with a iota of honesty who looks at demographics of systematic disadvantages knows full well women got the short end of the stick considering they gestate. This isn't difficult to figure out once you realize how babies are made.

The misogynists & the women who enable them don't like this. But it's true.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2018 3:57:55 PM
No, 70% of the world’s poor aren’t women
Submitted by Carolina Sanchez On Thu, 03/08/2018
co-authors: Ana Maria Munoz-Boudet

“Seventy percent of the world’s extreme poor are women”. If you’ve encountered this statistic before, please raise your hand. That is a lot of hands. And yet, this is what we call a ‘zombie statistic’: often quoted but rarely, if ever, presented with a source from which the number can be replicated. In fact, what we know from existing data is that women account for about 50 percent, not 70 percent, of the world’s extreme poor—although, as we argue below, this does not mean poverty is gender neutral.

We have such questionable “facts” because existing poverty data makes it hard to have a clear picture of the true gender dimensions of poverty. Poverty is, generally, measured at the household level—meaning that if a household lives in extreme poverty, we assume that everyone under that roof lives at the same level of deprivation.

http://blogs.worldbank.org/developmenttalk/no-70-world-s-poor-aren-t-women-doesn-t-mean-poverty-isn-t-sexist

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sexism, racism, lack of education, political anarchy, etc all play a part. According to the authors facts 50% of the of those in poverty are women.

Who makes up the other 50%?

Obviously MEN. It's not the family pet bird! Another radical feminist propaganda anti-male accusation/statistic.
 Tech30
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2018 5:08:46 PM
If proven guilty in a court of law then yes he looses his position and has some sort of sentence pronounced on him. WHAT IF HE'S found innocent?

You know there is no punishment for women who are found to have lied about rape?
 Tech30
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2018 5:13:35 PM
America is actually number 10 in the world's countries for the worst place women can live (because of our massive rates of sexual violence, work place harassment, etc)

Thats complete BS. The stats are padded because women will raise their hand to the question "have you been sexually assaulted" if someone looked at them and the girl didn't find them attractive....

They will raise their hand if a man they didn't like asked them out.
or if someone cat calls them. To feminists its all sexual assault. Thats why Matt damon was demonized for expressing that there are degrees to these actions and you cant lump in saying hello, to rape.

the numbers are padded , but the truth is that north America is one of the best places for women.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Has #Metoo invaded online dating?