Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Has #Metoo invaded online dating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lulz567
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Has #Metoo invaded online dating?Page 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
July storm don’t blame yourself . There are a lot of dirt bags out there. That’s why I recommend courting. Really getting to know him before getting ditsy and falling for someone you are just not going to like.Saves time and hassle.

Edit I've had women grab my butt and more in clubs, yeah course, what night was that dream
 NewYorker58
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Has #Metoo invaded online dating?
Posted: 7/21/2018 6:14:23 PM
NG, Let the punishment fit the crime.

ssm508
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2018 6:41:36 PM

Tech, for you, trending, a man being taken down by a woman after he grabbed her butt. So you think he should get up and assault her again, because you view her as assaulting HIM? You said the man is entitled to hit back.

When a woman starts a physical confrontation, I think a man can use just enough force to defend himself. However that wasn't case in this example because he clearly instigated it.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2018 12:40:57 PM

NG, Let the punishment fit the crime.

I agree with that on anything -- butt, you're avoiding the question. Should he be able to do the same thing in response when happening to him?

Thing is, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If a guy grabs a gal's tush, and she body slams him and you say that is OK, as grabbing someone's tush is Assault no matter what... then if a gal grabs a guy's tush, and he body slams her with the same force, then that Must Be OK. Either that, or when a gal does it it's not assault, but when a guy does it, it is.

That said, I think turning-the-other-cheek is a more even-Stephen option. If he grabbed her tush, she should 'assault' him equally in return... and grab his. ;)
 Tech30
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2018 4:44:58 PM
ech, for you, trending, a man being taken down by a woman after he grabbed her butt. So you think he should get up and assault her again, because you view her as assaulting HIM? You said the man is entitled to hit back.

Take your meds before reading posts. No where did I say that man should have hit her after getting back up. If the roles were reversed and a man used that force on a woman who grabbed his bum, people would be outraged at the man.

Women grab men as well. So if what she did is OK , then its OK for men to choke slam women who touch them as well. Thats all im saying. Because we want equality between the sexes
 cooldog65
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2018 8:57:25 PM
Since the symbol # also means pound, #metoo could stand for "pound me too"...
 NewYorker58
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2018 1:42:45 AM
Women shouldn't be grabbing men. It's up to the man for how he reacts, if he feels assaulted.

Dave of Indiana
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2018 3:42:23 PM
The New York Times published an explosive story on Sunday, alleging Harvey Weinstein accuser and prominent #MeToo movement figure Asia Argento quietly paid off a young actor who accused her of sexual assault.

Argento paid 22-year-old Jimmy Bennett, who played her son in the 2004 movie The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things, $380,000 after he said she sexually assaulted him in a hotel room in California when he was 17 and she was 37, the New York Times reports.

-------------------------------------

What goes around comes around. So Asia Argento is being tried, convicted and socially executed in the media before she can defend herself! She should be considered innocent until proven guilty. #metoo is coming home to roost.

Most men would be embarrassed to come forward, in a case like this, because society would humiliate them.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2018 6:22:30 PM
I saw the story on the news. She has some nerve! She was outspoken in the #metoo movement, and came forward about Weinstein for raping her. She's a lunatic. She kept seeing Weinstein after he supposedly raped her. Maybe she accused him so she could get the money back that she paid to the kid she assaulted. I hope they throw the book at her.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2018 8:14:46 PM
IMO, using the media to reveal these cases needs to stop. If harassment/rape has taken place law enforcement should be contacted immediately and not facebook or twitter. Not saying the perpetrators should get away with it but the legal system has to be used.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2018 11:26:29 AM
It's up to the media, as they decide how they want to stir the pot and what they want people to be upset and angry about. Then you have the lawyers that want to reach out to others to make their client's case more believable, and get more clients for themselves 💰💳💵
 siisaa
Msg: 187
Posted: 8/29/2018 11:09:29 PM

If harassment/rape has taken place law enforcement should be contacted immediately and not facebook or twitter.

Making rape claims via Twitter greatly de-legitimizes the seriousness and severity of them but I understand why they do it. Rape and sexual assault are very difficult to prosecute because even urinating after the assault has taken place can destroy evidence. It's a very time-sensitive crime and most victims want to shower and "wash away" any trace of the assault or assailant after it has taken place. In a matter of seconds, the rape claim has little to no validity anymore.
 oldwxman
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2018 12:36:07 AM
*if a gal grabs a guy's tush in a restaurant, is it OK for him to beat her senseless? :) Of course not.
^Thats all im saying. Because we want equality between the sexes
&Not saying the perpetrators should get away with it but the legal system has to be used.

As usual, three different men inadvertently feeding this nonsense when I don't think any of them want to promote #Metoo. Better would be to just shrug and say, "so what?" The Crocodile Dundee Method. When asked about nuclear proliferation, Dundee stated, "It's none of my business." So some bald geriatric squirts into a money grubbing devotchka. Who are we to get involved in telling him what he can do with his wally? I know. I am sure that there is some bonehead out there who is saying to himself, "If Louis C.K. ever jerked it in front of me, I'd knock him to next month." The key thing is HE would knock him to next month. We need not concern ourselves. Likewise, if some has been, alleged actress goes bawling to twitter that some producer stretched her slot 25 years ago and didn't give her the part then it is up to her and her alone to do something about it.
 realtysucks
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2018 2:19:45 AM
I do get the impression that it has.

The movement is way out of control. Most of it is very negative.

Yes, there is logical reason behind it. However, it shouldn’t separate man
and woman.

It’s hard enough now to have a simple conversation with a woman
Online.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 190
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2018 7:40:19 AM
I hate to inform you gentlemen that this is the tip of the iceberg. You're seeing mostly cases involving sexual acts towards women, but in everyday living, women are subjected to insidious abuse at their place of employment all the time. It's dirty jokes and sexual talk from the boss and inappropriate touching. For my first job after graduating, my boss was starting to groom me for abuse. I quit after the first day. He did me a favor in the end, because it was in the World Trade Center.

A lot of these men that are being accused have admitted what they've done or tried to downplay it. If you're thinking women are coming forward that shouldn't, if these men weren't rampant sexual abusers to begin with, they wouldn't find themselves in this scenario of women piling on to accuse them.

If any of you men had a mother, sister, daughter or significant other that was subjected to even the slightest abuse, you would be calling the abuser a mtherfvcker and want to kill him. Don't feel sorry for these guys because you may not know someone that was abused.
 realtysucks
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2018 10:57:02 AM
I don’t feel sorry for any guy that abuses a woman.

It’s a shame I can’t burn them too the stakes
 LovingLoner2
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2018 8:14:09 PM

Maybe your definition of "nice" differs from theirs. We're only getting one side of the story. I'm highly skeptical when a guy claims he's "nice" or respectful but still gets ax over and over again.

Maybe he's just butt ugly?
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2018 10:07:43 AM
"MEETOO started when accusations came out about Harvey Weinstein, but I look at all the accusers and wonder, just how many were happy to get on the casting couch and prostitute their bodies for a great career and a ton of money? Why is the child abuse in Hollywood not being talked about and why are we seeing no Prosecutions? I think it says a lot about the people in government power in the USA and tells us, that many maybe involved in paedophile rings, so they don't want to be exposed and this is why nothing is being done about it....Harvey Weinstein championed feminism and funded the democrat party, so you can bet many of those are as guilty as he is and they are as fake as feminism"

"I don't agree with the misandrist mentality of the METOO mob, anything feminists are involved in is man hate and another way to steal men's money...METOO also gives women too much power to dictate the law and many innocent men have gone to prison, cause the guilty until proven innocent mentality of the so called law."

"The matriarchy is pushing too hard and dividing men and women...the radical lesbian feminists are delighted, but what about the rest of us, who have to live under such BS laws and men can get in trouble for just showing interest in a woman and this is bloody madness"
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2018 8:39:30 PM

"I don't agree with the misandrist mentality of the METOO mob, anything feminists are involved in is man hate and another way to steal men's money...METOO also gives women too much power to dictate the law and many innocent men have gone to prison, cause the guilty until proven innocent mentality of the so called law."

In 2002 Brian Banks was accused by Wanetta Gibson of rape. He was convicted and spent the next 5 years in prison. From 2007 until 2012 he was sentenced to home arrest. Wanetta Gibson sued the school district and won $1.5 million. A private investigator secretly recorded (audio and video) a conversation where Wanetta Gibson admitted Brian Banks didn't rape her.

State Criminal Statutes of Limitations prevents the state of California from prosecuting Ms. Gibson. She is guilty of lying to the state to initiate the initial arrest, lying in a court of law during prosecution and defrauded the State of California out of $1.5 million of which she has spent most of.

Why can a man be arrested and tried for sexual assault 30 years later yet a woman lies about rape, ruins a mans life, defrauds the state and then walk away?

Fortunately, a movie is being made about this case and will first show in Los Angeles. Then it will show across the country. At least she will be be socially held accountable by the reputation it will give her (unless she moves and changes her name). Finding employment or a boyfriend will be near impossible. A small price to pay for what she has done.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Has #Metoo invaded online dating?