Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do men lie to get a woman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 301
Why do men lie to get a womanPage 13 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
"Who cares what they think? They stick up for each other no matter what. They just don't like the truth. Henry is playing victim with the dead dog. Trying to make you look like meany blonde angel. Sad about the dog (if it did happen), but he's just using it as his victim card."

Won't say who said above statement, anything in my inbox doesn't get attributed to the person who wrote it, but I agree w/ the message I got.

On this forum, many people remain silent & I don't blame them. They either don't post, or censor themself out of some sort of fear of retaliation/bullying.

So in case anyone here doesn't realize, what really goes on, or what goes through people's minds is often times NOT publicly posted.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 302
Why do men lie to get a woman
Posted: 7/6/2018 6:23:50 AM
Human behavior is so complex. While it fascinates me, I typically don't find it interesting enough to want to get overly engaged in trying to understand a lot of what folks do. The topic of cheating, for example, is very black and white to some, but has many shades of gray to others. I've known lots who haven't considered indiscretions while on the road to be cheating; indiscretions while drunk were dismissed as nothing as well. Similarly, a couple of instances over a few years was considered incidental. A couple of years ago, I listened to a woman describe several instances of short flings by her partner throughout 30 years of marriage. It took a third long-time affair for her to consider it to be enough. She left him (he was onto his next relationship even before she did), however, no part of me would be surprised if they got back together.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 303
Posted: 7/6/2018 6:37:35 AM
I think if we really knew about people's sexual habits, many would be shocked.

I got my wake up call a few years back.

Many people "compartmentalize" their personal life away from their sex life.

Fetishes, paraphilias, etc. are more common that we realize, in addition to sexual addiction(s).

Once a person learns/becomes familiar w/ these behaviors, their POV changes or opens.

Many "pillars" of the community are the most debauched of all.

And people in positions of authority/public figures can be very submissive in their personal lives.

Or sex addicts. And when they suppress their desires, it spills out into their non sex life...poor job performance, poor relationships w/ their non-sexual contacts. Double lives, secret lives.

edit to add: What also is shocking is how many people will turn a blind eye to things that are illegal even when it is staring them right in the eye, denial can be very strong. And general, the more freaky a person is, the higher of a position they have in society. A well educated, financially successful man is more likely to be a freak than, let's say , a gas station attendant. A corollary is, when you see a couple that appears mismatched, like a debutante w/ said gas station attendant or a very well to do man w/ a cashier at Walmart (not dissing the service industry in any way shape or form) when you see such couplings, you have got to know in private they are indulging in some real wild, mutually satisfying behaviors.
 MsMicki
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2018 6:42:39 AM

"Who cares what they think? They stick up for each other no matter what. They just don't like the truth. Henry is playing victim with the dead dog. Trying to make you look like meany blonde angel. Sad about the dog (if it did happen), but he's just using it as his victim card."
Won't say who said above statement, anything in my inbox doesn't get attributed to the person who wrote it, but I agree w/ the message I got.
On this forum, many people remain silent & I don't blame them. They either don't post, or censor themself out of some sort of fear of retaliation/bullying.
So in case anyone here doesn't realize, what really goes on, or what goes through people's minds is often times NOT publicly posted

WTF is wrong with you....
It is truly a very pitiful person that wants to dump on a man that just lost his furbaby....
I don't give a shit what your opinion is of Henry....or the opinion of your Queen Club is...
there is absolutely not ounce of compassion in you....You are the epitome of a selfish ****.

and oh....if you had any idea of what is NOT publicly said....
 browneyesboo
Msg: 305
Posted: 7/6/2018 6:46:14 AM

This is bullshit and you know it, Blonde Angel. (if you did in fact get this message)
I've always followed your posts, and while I've not always agreed, I thought you were strong of character, knew your
mind, and believed what you posted.

Lately, you have become harsh and bitter, lashing out at everyone who disagrees with you.
It's you that has the little posse that follows you around, digging up old threads, to trash other women on these forums.
You have become mean and I think you enjoy the controversy.

I don't think you deserve any pity either...I think we all get what we deserve eventually, and your antics are coming
to roost.

Very disappointing.
Hopefully your performance here isn't an indication of what's really going on in your real life.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 306
Posted: 7/6/2018 6:50:06 AM
^^
This is message board.

It's not the girl scouts, the boy scouts, etc.

Lets all hold hands & sing "kumbaya" etc.

Not.

Y'all are not in my bank account, living room, etc.

But sure is interesting to see how some respond to certain things.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 307
Posted: 7/6/2018 6:53:52 AM

But sure is interesting to see how some respond to certain things

So basically, these forums are your personal laboratory...see how far you can push
and then laugh and ridicule when people push back. Laughing at people losing their
pets...yeah, it's just a message board, there are no real people behind the posts.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 308
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2018 8:13:04 AM
So BLONDE_ANGEL_1 is Ms Troll PHd. She does seem to enjoy stirring the pot. After reading further of her "enlightening posts" it seems the best thing to do is ignore the good doctors wisdom. Bullies do tend to slip away when everyone ignores them.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2018 8:20:02 AM
Dave of Indiana:
So BLONDE_ANGEL_1 is Ms Troll PHd. She does seem to enjoy stirring the pot. After reading further of her "enlightening posts" it seems the best thing to do is ignore the good doctors wisdom. Bullies do tend to slip away when everyone ignores them.

+1000

aint nobody got time for that, Willis
 CBGB77
Msg: 310
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2018 9:16:11 AM
Hi Henry,so sorry to hear that about Sasha. :(
 backcreek7
Msg: 311
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2018 9:52:59 AM
my condolences sir ~

dogs are truly, a human beings best friend ...

heart / sun
 whiterose0
Msg: 312
Posted: 7/6/2018 10:15:54 AM
Henry - I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your beloved dog.
 ohenryx
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2018 9:50:58 PM
Whiterose0, backcreek7, cbgb77, browneyesboo, MsMicki, and several others who sent private messages – thank you, each and every one. Labrador Retrievers are special, they just seem to have a greater capacity for love than any other dog breed. Anyone who comes within their sphere gets loved, it is truly something special. I miss her terribly, but I know she is at peace. And I know that she had a good life.

What more could any of us ask for, then to have a good life, to love and be loved, and know that we are missed when we are gone?
 sun___flower
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2018 10:24:27 PM
Henry, I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved Sasha. Yes, agreed, Retrievers are special.
 julystorm22
Msg: 315
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2018 10:50:03 PM
I admit to not being a pet person but I do love golden retrievers. My condolences Henry.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 316
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2018 6:00:05 AM
Altho I don't agree with henry that often, I do feel for you losing your best bud.

Now, I'm seriously questioning Blondie. Right now, I'm wondering if her profile has been pirated, and we've got this. This isn't the person that has Pm'd me in the past. She was outspoken, but never this nasty.

I've got a strong feeling we're being trolled.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 317
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2018 7:51:00 AM
^^^purplerider1200:

Now, I'm seriously questioning Blondie. Right now, I'm wondering if her profile has been pirated, and we've got this. This isn't the person that has Pm'd me in the past. She was outspoken, but never this nasty.

I've got a strong feeling we're being trolled.

She's always talking about 'soxes and doxes', I suspect she's just trying on different personas for the heck of it~
 MsMicki
Msg: 318
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2018 7:59:31 AM
I'd say it's more just "true colors".....
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 319
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2018 8:24:18 AM
MsMicki^^^
I'd say it's more just "true colors".....

I feel a song coming on...Dolly Parton's 'Coat of Many Colors'

Where's MrBackCreek when we need him?
Turn it up
(grin)

In order to maintain blah blah blah, where is MrBackCreek with his sound track?
 MsMicki
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2018 9:39:41 AM
and here I was thinking of Cyndi Laupers "True Colors"...
but you might be right of the "many colors"!!

COL!!
 backcreek7
Msg: 321
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2018 9:41:33 AM
^^^^ your as cute as a dachshund puppy CLY ~ you lil' platipie !!! ^^^^ like woof !!!
.... & your as cute as a labrador retriever pup yourself MM

* lyrics ~ " she thinks she is just like an angel & wishes she was so very special ~ but she's a creep "

......... " Creep" by Karen Souza ........

& BTW >>>>>

> turn it up ^^^

ps? dogs are better then people, yep they are ~ col

heart / sun
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 322
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2018 11:35:11 AM
^^^

ps? dogs are better then people, yep they are ~ col

Maybe so, but cats rule.
They're so cool.
(grin)

In order to blahblahblah, we must blahblahblah, then blahblahblah some more.
 backcreek7
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2018 11:55:41 AM

cats rule

& that they do ^
meow ~ psssst pssst
( grin ) < col

* lyrics ~ " cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon, little " girl " ( < col ) blue ^^^^ and the man on the moon " ...

CATS IN THE CRADLE by Harry Chapin
 MsMicki
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2018 12:03:09 PM
Ooh....now your talking my kind of language....some good ole' 70's!!
But now I have the "Creep" song stuck in my head....but find it very appropriate!!

and I agree.....dogs and cats are better than a lot of people!!
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2018 12:59:19 PM

So....in this case.....is it the wife's fault for not giving him what he wants....
or the husband's fault for marrying someone knowing they would never give him what he wanted???

It's not so much the wife not giving him what he wants -- it's more than that. A fundamental part of a Real Relationship. So I would say -- it IS the wife's fault for abstaining sex from him And Not Understanding what that means... and *Separately* the husband's fault for Cheating because of it. They're both doing something wrong, in their own Separate categories.

There's one person to blame for abstaining from sex and not thinking that's a big deal (Her), and one person to blame for Cheating as an outlet (Him). My point is though -- A does not justify B at all. It makes his wrong-doing more forgivable / understandable -- less of a "sentence" handed down to him, but that's about it.

They both have a part in this. They both CHOSE to marry someone they weren't sexually compatable with.

Just because you had a part in something doesn't mean you share ANY blame. And secondly, they didn't choose to marry When they were sexually Incompatible. As you pointed out, it was Later in life that her sexual desires dried up like a flower in the desert heat + refusal to care/understand fully why that's a Real make-or-break issue in a Real Relationship. There's no blame or wrong-doing on either part for her later in life unknowingly becoming Asexual. Sh!t happens. It's how you handle it later where there's potential wrong-doing.

The wife if making her choice, intimacy is part of a marriage. If you decide it's not on the table anymore, what do you think is going to happen?

The same thing as if your feelings went elsewhere and lost about them and you just wanted to be friends. A breakup. The wife's Real Problem was that she didn't see it as a real issue. So yeah -- you should ask her: What in the hell do you expect to happen? Things to be hunky-dorey? He's fine with you being ANTI-sexually attracted to him over a long period of time? If you don't work on Not being anti-sexually attracted to him -- you break up / divorce.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do men lie to get a woman