Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do men lie to get a woman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 julystorm22
Msg: 376
view profile
History
Why do men lie to get a womanPage 16 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
Chivalry is a great thing. Its sad that the radical feminists destroyed it.

I concur with those who say women's power is sex and men's is money. You might not like it but that's the way the world still works.
 SomewhereInTheStratosfere
Msg: 377
Why do men lie to get a woman
Posted: 7/12/2018 3:59:01 PM

It's understanding that men have the right to say no to whatever they want in their lives, just like women have the same and both should be respected for their rights and values.

I fully agree.

Chivalry isn't dead, far from it. I work with only men, all the time. They apologize when they cuss, they walk me to my vehicle when its dark, they get the door. They are Not dating me so they really have no hidden agenda. Sure, I'm their manager but they still don't need to pretend to be gentlemen. I'm not going to fire them for not being chivalrous, thats not their job.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 378
Posted: 7/12/2018 4:07:12 PM

But its ok for you to say whatever you think, because you think you're right? How about instead of insisting women need to be doing something the way you want them to do it, you let them handle their dating life how they see fit. For your info, there are plenty of men out there who have no problem paying for dates. If he finds a woman who thinks a man should pay, whats it to you? If you find a woman who wants to go dutch, good on you. Date how you see fit. Different strokes for different folks, and all that jazz. She is no more wrong for her dating style, than you are for yours.

I don’t know if all these men want to be chivalrous, or if they have the false belief that if they treat women as equals they won’t get any dates. This issue didn’t bother me until someone women on here started insulting and degrading men who prefer to split the bill, calling them cheapskates and saying that men who are afraid to ask women out lack “balls.” Insulting men for not doing something you wouldn’t do yourself is just hypocritical.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 379
Posted: 7/12/2018 4:13:47 PM

I concur with those who say women's power is sex and men's is money. You might not like it but that's the way the world still works.

Any women can give sex, she doesn’t have to work for it. Only a minority of men will ever be wealthy enough to have power with their money. I say good riddance to chivalry- it’s benevolent sexism that we don’t need in the 21st century.
 SomewhereInTheStratosfere
Msg: 380
Posted: 7/12/2018 4:26:44 PM

I don’t know if all these men want to be chivalrous, or if they have the false belief that if they treat women as equals they won’t get any dates

They are entitled to date in any way they wish. What you are I may think about it, really doesn't matter. If they are getting the results they desire by their dating style, who are we to say they're wrong.

This issue didn’t bother me until someone women on here started insulting and degrading men who prefer to split the bill, calling them cheapskates and saying that men who are afraid to ask women out lack “balls.” Insulting men for not doing something you wouldn’t do yourself is just hypocritical.

Apparently, you missed the part when some were called entitled dinner whores for their preferences. There is enough blame for everyone to take ownership of their fair share. These type of threads always deteriorate into a trainwreck....... You do realize this is just a forum? Plenty of different people with plenty of different ideas. Try not to let this stuff bother you, its not really life or death.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 381
Posted: 7/12/2018 4:32:08 PM

Apparently, you missed the part when some were called entitled dinner whores for their preferences. There is enough blame for everyone to take ownership of their fair share. These type of threads always deteriorate into a trainwreck....... You do realize this is just a forum? Plenty of different people with plenty of different ideas. Try not to let this stuff bother you, its not really life or death.

Yeah, but as soon as the women are attacked the white knights come out. Men don’t have anybody to defend them on this forum.
 TomásIasan
Msg: 382
Posted: 7/12/2018 5:08:09 PM
Kissfromarose77 you are foolish if you think chivalry is dying or anywhere near it. You even know what it is like at all? I am betting even these ladies have no clue. They think opening a door or pulling out a chair= chivalry wrong that has to do with gentlemen code of conduct not chivalry.

Chivalry has to do with what you believe in virtues of chivalry are like this understand their meanings maybe you might actually educate that ignorance you have on what chivalry really is. A military veteran or recruit can be chivalrous regardless of sex.

Faith
Charity
Justice
Sagacity
Prudence
Temperance
Resolution
Truth
Liberality
Diligence
Hope
Valour
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 383
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2018 11:26:03 PM

Sometimes I think that this is all why in the past we structured society such that women were kept under control, and men "in charge", with certain codes that everyone lived by. A certain patriarchy...with chivalry. Because maybe women just naturally don't have enough sense and with them having too much freedom they'll screw things up more than they keep accusing men of doing.

^ this is how you think & feel > obviously
lmao !!! what a moron !!!
You have been drinking too much sun into your face ~ it has fried what teenie tiny little brain , you may have had at one point.

heart / sun

I was tongue-in-cheek with that comment. I thought anyone woulda figured that out.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 384
Posted: 7/12/2018 11:30:50 PM
^
just like ur post about punching my face till it bleeds

it has fried what teenie tiny little ____ , you may have had at one point.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 385
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2018 12:24:33 AM
And now you lie. As usual. Except that, yea, tongue-in-cheek I guess.

You'll respond with quoting what I posted...but will you give an honest and fair characterization of the conversation?

Anyway, I originally came to this thread to post:

...and the only worthy response to "Why do men lie to get a woman" - Why do we perpetuate the manipulative mischaracterization that it's a general practice of men to lie to get a woman? Or the manipulative mischaracterization that it's rarely a practice of women?
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 386
Posted: 7/13/2018 4:57:06 AM
Own what u post- I own my nasty tell offs, u should own ur mentions of physical violence

flipping the script is not ur strong point
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 387
Posted: 7/13/2018 5:04:16 AM
https://chivalrytoday.com/what-chivalry/

"Chivalry"...………..is not dead nor did any "Feminist", kill it. Read and be educated.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 388
Posted: 7/13/2018 6:02:59 AM
Chivalry was designed, like jousts, to rein in knights who were basically teen-aged, from acting like morons with their martial skills. The only thing that "killed it", was the hope some dudes had that showing off some chivalry was going to get them laid. Doing the right thing, should be done for the sake of doing the right thing, and when you hold the door for the hottie, don't let it slam in the face of the old war vet b/c the hottie won't see it and you want to check out her caboose.

once again...lies do not work on women who look for what's real, but do have a chance on women who look for what's fake and superficial.

As for the good ol' days, we used to hide our feelings and fears back then, and ignore what happened to the powerless in society. Nowadays we discuss what bothers us, and try to rectify the injustices. Somewhere in between the extreme ends of this spectrum, is a way to live respectfully to others.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 389
Posted: 7/13/2018 6:12:31 AM

Doing the right thing, should be done for the sake of doing the right thing, and when you hold the door for the hottie, don't let it slam in the face of the old war vet b/c the hottie won't see it and you want to check out her caboose.

once again...lies do not work on women who look for what's real, but do have a chance on women who look for what's fake and superficial.

a wonderful post & I will add that it is a huge offensive insult when I see either gender put on the "show" that was described above. It reeks of poor character.

It's what a person does when no one is looking, or when they think no one is looking that is more of a tell.
 2ufo
Msg: 390
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2018 8:17:56 AM

*Raised eyebrow*.
Chivalry is not dead therefore radical feminist did not 'destroyed' it.
Any man who tells you that he is no longer chivalrous (because of rude women) was never chivalrous to begin with.

You live in a very small and sad world.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 391
Posted: 7/13/2018 9:08:15 AM

Kissfromarose77 you are foolish if you think chivalry is dying or anywhere near it. You even know what it is like at all? I am betting even these ladies have no clue. They think opening a door or pulling out a chair= chivalry wrong that has to do with gentlemen code of conduct not chivalry.

Chivalry has to do with what you believe in virtues of chivalry are like this understand their meanings maybe you might actually educate that ignorance you have on what chivalry really is. A military veteran or recruit can be chivalrous regardless of sex.

Faith
Charity
Justice
Sagacity
Prudence
Temperance
Resolution
Truth
Liberality
Diligence
Hope
Valour

If that’s the case, women can be chivalrous too. Women are capable of all the virtues you listed. That means they can also open doors and pay for men.

Chivalry is not dead therefore radical feminist did not 'destroyed' it.
Any man who tells you that he is no longer chivalrous (because of rude women) was never chivalrous to begin with.

Wrong. I was chivalrous to begin with until I learned that if a woman isn’t reciprocating in a chivalrous manner I can be taken advantage of.
 julystorm22
Msg: 392
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2018 9:42:58 AM

You live in a very small and sad world.

Sad and small? Perhaps. But what was untrue about what I said?

A man's earning potential and current finances and assets are still considered of the utmost importance to most women. Even if they won't admit it. If a man is interesting and tall and good-looking, as soon as he says he is unemployed or works at a minimum-wage job, many women will lose interest. Just like a short or boring or ugly man who has a good job and nice assets will find a woman because money attracts. It doesn't mean that women are necessarily only looking for a rich man; In actuality they are just looking for a man of a certain level of financial status and they set the bar for what they think they can obtain.

A women's sexual offerings and her cooking/homemaking potential and her maternal qualities, are all still considered of the utmost importance to most men. If a woman is intelligent, well-off financially, has a good job and is fun, a man will not even consider her as a longterm partner if he doesn't see her as someone who has good sexual attractiveness, maternal qualities and homemaking abilities (although the last thing has faded in importance in recent decades). Just like a woman with a boring or unintelligent mind or a woman who is a crazy ****, if she has a nice face and a nice rack, and good hips for giving birth or cooks well a man will still go for her. Many men do not care about a woman's intelligence or job or financial status. Men want Marilyn Monroe in the bedroom, Martha Stewart in the kitchen and Mary Poppins in the nursery.

The above is superficial, yes. And there's a reason divorce is so common. I think as we get older we tend to consider inner qualities more but we still set the bar for the above.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 393
Posted: 7/13/2018 9:52:42 AM

A man's earning potential and current finances and assets are still considered of the utmost importance to most women. Even if they won't admit it. If a man is interesting and tall and good-looking, as soon as he says he is unemployed or works at a minimum-wage job, many women will lose interest. Just like a short or boring or ugly man who has a good job and nice assets will find a woman because money attracts. It doesn't mean that women are necessarily only looking for a rich man; In actuality they are just looking for a man of a certain level of financial status and they set the bar for what they think they can obtain.

A women's sexual offerings and her cooking/homemaking potential and her maternal qualities, are all still considered of the utmost importance to most men. If a woman is intelligent, well-off financially, has a good job and is fun, a man will not even consider her as a longterm partner if he doesn't see her as someone who has good sexual attractiveness, maternal qualities and homemaking abilities (although the last thing has faded in importance in recent decades). Just like a woman with a boring or unintelligent mind or a woman who is a crazy ****, if she has a nice face and a nice rack, and good hips for giving birth or cooks well a man will still go for her. Many men do not care about a woman's intelligence or job or financial status. Men want Marilyn Monroe in the bedroom, Martha Stewart in the kitchen and Mary Poppins in the nursery.

The above is superficial, yes. And there's a reason divorce is so common. I think as we get older we tend to consider inner qualities more but we still set the bar for the above.

WOW!

some may not like the truth, but she spelled it out!
 reverendswine
Msg: 394
Posted: 7/13/2018 11:44:54 AM

But what was untrue about what I said?

Well, here's the thing. There's "the world" and there's "my world". My world does not work in the way you described and I challenge any woman on Earth to change it.
 TomásIasan
Msg: 395
Posted: 7/13/2018 1:20:08 PM
Kissfromaross77 This is a nice piece on what you claim about chivalrous women and that they can be capable as well. It was written a couple years ago reading it then I knew who and what I was looking for and that is when things changed. If there was one woman like that out there stands to reason there are more I look for them.

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/the-chivalrous-woman

Believe it kiss this is what most guys are looking for in a woman at least guys like me are. The ladies here don't hold a candle to her beliefs and idea hers are in line with mine. So searching for that type of lady is what been doing the rest their just numbers in my way.
 2ufo
Msg: 396
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2018 2:41:34 PM

If that’s the case, women can be chivalrous too. Women are capable of all the virtues you listed. That means they can also open doors and pay for men.

Yes.
Though most of the men I've met are pretty adamant about paying. Apparently it's a point of status for them.
And, your point was...?

I was chivalrous to begin with until I learned that if a woman isn’t reciprocating in a chivalrous manner I can be taken advantage of.

As I said, anyone (male or female) who claims they used to be chivalrous until they were taken advantage of was never chivalrous to begin with. Chivalry includes the quality of justice and that includes justice for one self. Sagacity (i.e. wisdom) in knowing when you are being taken advantage of. Charity - giving when appropriate. Prudence and caution... I mean, really. Do I have to write an essay?

A man's earning potential and current finances and assets are still considered of the utmost importance to most women.
A women's sexual offerings and her cooking/homemaking potential and her maternal qualities, are all still considered of the utmost importance to most men.

You... AND A LOT OF OTHER WOMEN... live in a very small and petty world.
The problem, I think, is that people believe other people are created to reflect them.
A man wants arm candy to show the world he's a great man.
A woman wants a rich man to show the world she's a great woman.
Is there anything untrue in what you said? Not in a limited sense.
But there's a lot of truth missing from it.

Men and women want someone who sees who they are at the core and loves them for both their strength and weaknesses.
Otherwise, there would be no children of ugly women or poor men.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 397
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2018 3:19:11 PM

her cooking/homemaking potential and her maternal qualities, are all still considered of the utmost importance to most men..

I'm perfectly capable of putting my own Banquet frozen dinner in the microwave and taking it out in 3 minutes.

If a woman is intelligent,

That's a big "if".

Many men do not care about a woman's intelligence

Count me in as one who DOES.

Just like a woman with a boring or unintelligent mind or a woman who is a crazy ****, if she has a nice face and a nice rack, and good hips for giving birth or cooks well a man will still go for her.

Not me.
I have standards.

And there's a reason divorce is so common.

Yes.
Poor choices to begin with, which end up incompatibility and misery.
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 398
Posted: 7/13/2018 4:47:08 PM

They used #metoo info. Not exactly a scientific survey. Yes there are men who have abused women and they should be prosecuted: but not in the news and on social media. Stories are slowly showing up where men have been falsely accused. What ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty". With #MeToo the man is tried, convicted and socially executed with no way to defend themself."

Ever read the stats on how many rape charges are proven to be false?
Its hard to determine how many are actually lies because there is no verification process.
So to get a understanding we have to look at a couple of things: 6 out of 216 rape allegations actually make it to court.
We began keeping records in 1989, since that time only 52 cases were exonerated. To give you a comparison: 790 in that same time period were exonerated for murder.

I have read all kinds of stats, from 1% - 10% are false, no matter how its crunched in the end, the reality remains: false allegations are very rare compare to the truth of them. Charges are even rarer. So when a guy has a fleet of women accusing him of rape, statistically? He did it.... And it feels so odd to watch men scream: "FALSE CLAIMS" whenever the stats are brought up about how often rape happens. It feels like how white people scream "ALL LIVES MATTER" when black folk talk about how often police murder people of color. We all know what its about: trying to shut down the conversation so we don't have to admit that YES, there IS a systematic problem with racism in this country, and YES, there is a systematic problem with sexism too.
 lulz567
Msg: 399
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2018 4:53:34 PM
I’m not American so couldn’t comment but I have noticed this white man Deep South rules mentality and sexism and couldn’t say I’d like living there. Maybe it’s fear like of change. King of his castle and all that. Feeling the need to push others down so he stays at the top just cos.....we’ll cos his him.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 400
Posted: 7/13/2018 4:58:37 PM

Though most of the men I've met are pretty adamant about paying. Apparently it's a point of status for them.
And, your point was...?

Nobody can force you not to pay for yourself if you don’t want to. Apparently it’s alright for a woman to argue with a man and challenge him until it’s not in her own self-interest to do so. I don’t know if a lot of these men really want to pay or they’ve been brainwashed by society to think that if they don’t a woman won’t want to see them again.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do men lie to get a woman