Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do men lie to get a woman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 526
Why do men lie to get a womanPage 22 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
If Drinks only comeback is "what an idiot" he needs to brush up on some of his skills...

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 jco415
Msg: 527
Why do men lie to get a woman
Posted: 7/20/2018 2:29:37 PM

If Drinks only comeback is "what an idiot" he needs to brush up on some of his skills...

REALLY?

So does that also apply to YOUR comment?

Good! Maybe you can have sex w/ your spell check & get a BJ from your thesaurus...
 sun___flower
Msg: 528
view profile
History
Why do trolls suddenly appear
Posted: 7/20/2018 2:35:45 PM
Way too much logic there, JCO. ;-)
 MsMicki
Msg: 529
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 2:40:10 PM

Sometimes....simple and accurate is all that is needed
 julystorm22
Msg: 530
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 2:53:30 PM
I asked this question in the Ask Men section of this forum. I think many men who see certain women do not even realize they are wearing makeup. I've asked this to a few guys that I know, just because I don't wear makeup and I wasn't sure. A lot of men will say no or they shrug. I think there's definitely a dislike for a lot of makeup. I can see how many men will dislike a woman with foundation and other gunk. My brother says he likes women who put a little stuff on their eyes and lip gloss but not lipstick. So I think the answer lies somewhere in between. A little makeup can brighten up the face, but too much can look artificial. And men will be drawn to the beautifulest women whrether they are wearing makeup or not and it depends on the environment (ie. beach, wedding, bar).
 SomewhereInTheStratosfere
Msg: 531
Posted: 7/20/2018 3:44:26 PM
^^^ The answer is....... some men like women with make up, some don't, some like women with a little make up. Who cares? You aren't going to please everyone so just please yourself. In doing so, you are doing what makes YOU feel comfortable and the men who are attracted to your comfort will chase you and the others won't bother. Seems to me you will save each other a whole lot of time.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 532
Posted: 7/20/2018 4:26:56 PM
"simple and accurate is all that is needed"

IMO he is simple, but not accurate.
 backcreek7
Msg: 533
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 4:52:46 PM
^ col~ ba ^

why do women lie to get a man ?

^^^ maybe because they want to hear ~ ~ ~ " those sugarbells ring "
^^^ Wishing Well by Terence Trent D'arby ... ( I promise you, this song has it goin' on !!!!!!!! )

> turn it up ^ ... < seriously, I kid you not !

heart / sun
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 534
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 5:04:03 PM

We are not talking about putting out effort.

Lol - I could take this one of two ways. ;)

We are talking about makeup.

I know that's the focus, but like makeup, one can be "too loud" with their hair too in the same sense. And clothes as well that can give the same negative or positive impression to a guy that a distinct styled hair style or makeup can do.

The Zero makeup -- which includes not even wearing bits of it that ya can't notice that they're "wearing makeup" -- is going to set Almost all girls back in terms of obtaining attraction, at least to some degree. For many, to a solid degree when it comes to first impressions when guys are scanning the crowd. One cares less when already gone on dates And they really like them.

I'm from Your POV when it comes to gals Highly done up with makeup, where they Don't Have to be that way, and Most can even look a bit Better by using only the appropriate amount. However, done up with a lot of makeup when combined with dressy fancy wear, I guess will draw guys in as them being a "bigger" fish, even if after catching them they'd find them a little more attractive toning down the makeup thing.

An ex of mine way over did it with the makeup. She looked notably Better without so much of it, but she just liked it. It was overdone, and she kinda knew it, but she liked playing with makeup and figured she looked better with it. All it did was get guys' attention more, because she stuck out more + was naturally pretty. But it doesn't mean you're Actually better looking with it on so much; one thing people can confuse.
 backcreek7
Msg: 535
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 5:16:58 PM
i'm gonna get real random here, col ~

a cool thing about getting older is >>>> the weekends come quick, lol ...

another song. cause I know your dyin' for one ...
lyrics * > " I was in love with you lady, but you treated me like a fool "

^^^ poor dude got treated like a fool, by a " woman " ( sniff sniff )

Once Upon A Time by Robert Bradley ... he's sitttin' in his chair, playing an acoustic...
talk about soul music, it doesn't get any better then this ~

> turn it up ^
love ... / ... star
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 536
Posted: 7/20/2018 5:51:03 PM
^^^ I want what you're drinking
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 537
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2018 6:34:22 PM
Tech30 - Oh, sorry 'bout that. Some of y'all need to use the quote thingamajigs - [ quote] [ /quote]
 curvylady1965
Msg: 538
Posted: 7/20/2018 8:14:49 PM
I don't see why anyone would be preoccupied with what others prefer to see on them or not see on them. Make up or none; lots or little; heels or flats; dresses or jeans; who cares what others want or think? There's a lot of rules and procedures and conventions I have to follow to stay gainfully employed and on the right side of the law. Beyond going to work in clothing considered appropriate, I'll be damned if I'm going to give two bits what anyone thinks of the way I groom myself.
 ssm508
Msg: 539
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2018 9:42:23 AM

My comment was in context of the "masculine-type women" you posted right after Sun commented about her girlfriend in a softball uniform....

Some women can look good wearing a stylish softball jersey uniform. In general, I haven't seen many women softball players that look "masculine".
 2ufo
Msg: 540
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2018 6:14:41 PM
Personally, I’d like to have the word ‘masculine’ defined in relations to how women look.
Is a tall woman masculine?
One with short hair?
How about an overweight woman?

I mean, short of a woman on steroids who looks like she was the 1975 Russian shot-putter, exactly what makes a woman look masculine?

Inquiring minds and all that...
 TomásIasan
Msg: 541
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2018 12:17:32 PM
Sometimes it's not a preference at all but actual allergies play a factor in it, you can handle them once or twice a month but you won't do it every day for the rest of your life. 36% of males alone have an allergy to some sort of fragrance and rather than take the chance in approaching you they chose not too except during that one or 2 times. You get involved they find out shortly it's an everyday thing and want no part of it, do those guys tell you which the medical practitioner and government actually knows cause it shows up in their tests which they released as reason for saying it's against healthy and safety in workplace. Anaphylactic Shock is of the minor amount of people so they don't out right ban it out in the workplace and public it's more of a nuisance than a real problem that way. Seriously though ask yourself how many people are going to sit and be around a misquote constantly annoying them without doing anything about it.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 542
Posted: 7/22/2018 7:31:52 PM
https://thepopularman.com/high-testosterone-women-and-dating/

High Testosterone Women and Dating
November 14, 2017 By Jonathan Bennett

We’ve all met women who seem a little different than their fellow females. They may look a little more masculine, and act more like men in their attitudes. They may have even been called “tomboys” growing up.

The differences between these women and more traditionally feminine ones may be that more masculine women had more testosterone exposure in the womb, which shaped their developing brain. Many even have more testosterone in them now than other women. These women are high testosterone or “High T” women. Other ladies (the majority) are higher in estrogen .

For guys, since most women have higher levels of estrogen, the usual dating advice we give applies to how you handle them. This article will explain the traits of the rarer, high testosterone women and what it means to date them.

Traits of High Testosterone Women

The hormone that makes men manly is testosterone. What makes women feminine is estrogen. However, all sexes have varying amounts of both chemicals in their bodies.

Higher estrogen men tend to look and act more feminine (e.g. baby faces, man boobs, etc.). Higher testosterone women tend to look and act in more masculine ways. And a lot of “high T” women have had higher levels of testosterone since they were in their moms’ wombs.

So, High T women typically have more mannish features: taller, bigger hands and feet, lacking curves, more prominent jawbone, deeper voices, etc. In fact a recent study showed that higher androgen exposure in the womb leads to manlier faces in women.

This isn’t to say these women are ugly or extremely manly. In many cases the more masculine features are there, but subtle. And, the women are still objectively pretty.

The biggest differences, however, seem to come in how high testosterone women think and act.

For example, even as children, they draw differently than other girls. They show a preference for objects over people in terms of interaction, a trait they share with males. They just generally tend to think and act more like men, including in their activity preferences. High T girls are more competitive, take more risks, pursue power, compartmentalize their emotions, are more sexually aggressive, and have different tastes in men. They also may tend to be tomboys, something which, like the other traits mentioned above, likely goes back to prenatal testosterone exposure.

And, don’t assume that high-T women are gay, at least not the women who were exposed to higher levels of testosterone while in the womb. One study found that most of these women are heterosexual. More rarely, some are bisexual, but very few are fully homosexual in orientation.

While it is debated, and studies are conflicting, some research suggests that you can tell if a woman had higher testosterone exposure in the womb by looking at her fingers, and their relationship to one another. People with higher testosterone exposure in the womb will often have ring fingers longer than their index fingers (most men and high-T women). People with higher estrogen exposure will will often have longer index fingers than ring fingers. Look at the images below. The first is David’s hand. The second is his daughter’s.

High Testosterone Women And Dating
When dating High T women or trying to date them, it’s important to keep a few things in mind. While these tips are specific, the one overarching theme is that these ladies think and act more like dudes. Not completely, but enough that it can change the dating game with them quite a bit.

You’re not dealing with a man stuck in a woman’s body. They still have the emotional and mental traits of women. But, you probably are dealing with a girl who, especially at times, thinks and acts a lot more like a man than most other women on the planet.

High testosterone women tend to be more assertive and aggressive with other women and even men. This could be a good thing for guys who are more passive.

Unlike with high estrogen women, the guy may not have to do the majority of the work in approaching and closing. He may not have to do much at all! High T women sometimes aggressively pursue men.

These women are also sometimes less bound by the traditional confines of female taste. A lot of men aren’t choosy about the women they pursue, so long as they are pretty (at least for casual purposes). High T women are similar. They’re often willing to date shorter guys, fatter guys, and other men who may not receive favorable treatment from women with more traditional tastes.

It sounds like the high testosterone woman would be a dream come true. However, that’s not really the case. Because, just like with some high powered men, these woman can be hard to please over the long haul and have a tendency towards promiscuity. She might choose you, but not for long. She also may ultimately need a man a lot more powerful than herself, and that probably isn’t very many men.

This means, when dealing with high testosterone women and dating, that you’ll always have to bring your A game and keep it up. Some guys find it exhausting and have a hard time keeping the relationship strong. However, other guys like High T women because they find them exciting and unique.

When approaching a high testosterone woman, you can probably be rougher around the edges and more direct than usual. Use your lines and routines, but you’d better make sure they aren’t corny or sappy. Approach her in a similar way as you’d approach a man you’d like to meet, but one that looks like a hot female. It’ll likely impress her and be more effective.

So, hopefully you can better understand high testosterone women and even date a few. Many of them are fun and awesome people. They can also be pretty different from their fellow females.
 platypus_man
Msg: 543
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2018 7:03:04 PM
Men lie to women because it's become apparent that women approve being lied to. Countless women find bad boys appealing, and treat kind, honest men as losers. So men learn to lie, or be alone. Ladies, look at what you do which reinforces men's behavior. Date bad boys? You deserve a bad man. Let those men walk all over you? You deserve a man who walks all over you. Keep the nice, not so assertive men in the friend zone? You won't be dating nice men, because you are actively conditioning them not to be nice to you.

Yes, I understand that women like confident, completely honest, financially successful, affectionate, men who have leadership characteristics, and who are kind to their female mates. But few men have all those attributes. So when you accept one who is lacking, you are demonstrating to every man who observes, that you are willing to accept less than you say you would.

I was brought up to treat women with respect, to give them choices, and let them make thier own decisions on what they would like to do. It took me a few decades to understand that women don't want choices. They don't want to make decisions. You want a man to come up with a life for you that you will enjoy, where you never have to make any decisions. The phrase 'girls just want to have fun' is incredibly accurate. Keep life fun for you, and men can get away with pretty much anything. That's what we've learned.
You don't want the truth. You can't handle the truth. That's what men have learned. We give you what we think you want, because we want YOU.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 544
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2018 8:20:30 PM
High testosterone women? Oh, come to Indiana, there's lots here.

Around here, they get mouthy. And demanding. Most get chunky. Walk like men. Some have been known to haul off and punch a guy. Their makeup? Chap Stick. I've seen a few with bushy eyebrows, or a mono-brow. I'll bet a couple have never worn a dress in their lives. They swear like sailors.

You're welcome to all you can find. Just do it at your own risk.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 545
Posted: 9/8/2018 9:16:43 PM
^^^I'm sorry but look at your own pictures again. Your pictures, and the description above, don't paint the picture of an upscale neighborhood, so maybe people are just getting by the best they can.
 aremeself
Msg: 546
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2018 10:33:41 PM
Why do men lie to try to get a woman??????

Because they think women want the impossible......

And

Lots do.........

But the funny thing is, the woman will find out the truth soon!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do men lie to get a woman