Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do men lie to get a woman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MsMicki
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Why do men lie to get a womanPage 3 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
I'll probably get bashed by the bitty club for this....

but it seems to me...it is only an issue if a "relationship" doesn't come from the bad decision that women make...

man lies but end up in a relationship = ok
man lies - women kicks him to the curb = he's a douchebag
man has sex with drunk chick but calls her the next day and asks her out again = ok
man has sex with drunk chick and never calls her - date rape
 feirene
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Why do men lie to get a woman
Posted: 6/16/2018 1:28:37 AM

You consented to a guy who was married.

No i didn't. That's the whole point. I told him i was sick of married men trying to get sex off me. And so he made up that he had been separated for over a year.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Why do people lie to a lover
Posted: 6/16/2018 1:49:20 AM

When it comes to sex, it's easier, way easier for a woman to get sex than for a man.

So it would follow TO GET SEX, more men would have to lie than women.

Women prob lie as much if not more than men, but not as much lying to get sex.

Men lie to women to get sex. Women are in control of sex and hand it out if and to whom they want.
Women lie to men to get love. Men are in control of love and hand it out if and to whom the want.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Why are men liars?
Posted: 6/16/2018 2:32:30 AM
Smart women realize that they have the power, because women don't need love from men, but men need sex from a woman. Some men here try to it diminish women, and call us equals to men, but if all a woman strived to be was equal to a man, then she would be diminishing herself.
 SomewhereInTheStratosfere
Msg: 55
Why are men liars?
Posted: 6/16/2018 4:01:11 AM
I have a fantastic idea. Why not just sleep with guys YOU WANT to sleep with instead of guys you feel obligated to sleep with in hopes of a relationship. Hard to feel used or raped by a guy you want to sleep with, even if he is a liar. You may feel deceived if you find he is married but that's why its probably a good idea to wait until you at least know a little about him and have verified it. People make simple things so complicated.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Why are men liars?
Posted: 6/16/2018 4:33:10 AM
Newyorker58-msg54:
Some men here try to it diminish women, and call us equals to men, but if all a woman strived to be was equal to a man, then she would be diminishing herself.

Oh Snap ;-0
 cooldog65
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2018 6:45:45 AM

No i didn't. That's the whole point. I told him i was sick of married men trying to get sex off me. And so he made up that he had been separated for over a year.

Where is the so called "rape" in this? Isn't separated still considered being married? It's not the same as divorced. Why not up your standards?
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 58
CHERRY 2000
Posted: 6/16/2018 7:39:56 AM
Get a sex robot for all your sexual needs & just be friends w/ all humans!

Works for all genders!
 CBGB77
Msg: 59
view profile
History
CHERRY 2000
Posted: 6/16/2018 7:46:35 AM

Posted By: BLONDE_ANGEL_1 on 6/16/2018 956 AM
Subject: CHERRY 2000
Message: Get a sex robot for all your sexual needs & just be friends w/ all humans!

Works for all genders!

https://www.thecut.com/2018/05/sex-robots-realbotix.html
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/16/2018 6:12:55 PM
Rape is defined as taking sex from someone without consent.

Just like in the court system taking from someone without consent is theft.

In the court system our patriarchy designed: if someone lies to take a man's money without his informed consent, they can go to jail for fraud. But because patriarchal men like to use fraud to exploit sex from women - they magically forget the necessity of consent.

And when women point this out, we are just hysterical feminazis of course! Cause feminism is EXACTLY LIKE when Hitler invaded the eastern bloc...
 Tom├ísIasan
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2018 6:32:26 PM
Also about court system you don't tell a thief it's okay to steal your car and then expect to charge them for doing it when you know their a thief.

The same concept applies to men you think most men lie so them lying to is within the boundaries of your belief that most men lie correct? In fact since you believe most men lie to get something you already make the assumption he is lying to get sex, therefor he is not lying but being truthful in his behaviour as a liar. Which you ladies already clearly pointed out so why are you now saying he is lying did he tell the truth in his action? No then he wasn't lying according to your belief that most men lie and therefore rape by deception has no meaning as deception is belief in being lied too but you are not being lied to and deceived as you already expected him to lie hence you have no case.

Now are you actually going to try to grasp that mind bending or are you going to need Pig to explain that sh!t again with a couple sentences.
 MadameBoisseau
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/16/2018 7:02:35 PM
Most women do NOT believe the man is lying - the defensive position of assuming most men are lying comes after numerous times of being duped. Its not innate, it is LEARNED via the pain of exploitation.

You aren't going to succeed in talking circles around me. I have a degree in philosophy, we can play schroedinger's cat all f'ing day long.
 ItCouldBeNice2
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2018 7:10:28 PM
It's probably some form of approval seeking. If you approved of sex with married men.... or if you were the type of person who could handle difficult truths and not have it color your opinion of others (i.e. no big deal), people would be more honest with you. There would be no need to lie to you. Likewise, people who don't seek your approval, don't need to lie to you.
Posted: 6/16/2018 7:42:53 PM

In the court system our patriarchy designed:

Uh oh. Say what? See...there it is - I see an indication that you may be someone who embodies that sabotaging mix of maybe all three things which I itemized in my post in the other thread about feminism. You are right in some things that you're standing for, but that righteousness fuels you and blinds you into doing the other things. A court system designed by patriarchy? For pete's sake. This is why you'll run into resistance, and not be nearly as effectual as you'll try and try to be. There's that possibility that you're another who's right in some small ways, but on the whole you're wrong. You're doing your part to add to the undermining misperceptions. A bull in a china shop. Trying to do good, but breaking things left and right and making a person wish you'd just exit the shop door and stop trying to help. Instead of educate and inspire others to embrace and join Feminism, you understandably make them leery of it and even hate it. This has the additional effect of fueling mgtow and similar types...because of what some feminists do, even though the mgtow types are wrong with some of their crap, they are right where they're responding to this type of feminist. And so it goes back and forth, on and on.

And if this does describe you, then this is an example of how you're not really a feminist in any good way. You're not really about anything praiseworthy, you only use the justifiable causes as a disguise and excuse. And you may even be dogmatic such that you'll dismiss what I'm saying out of hand and never try any self re-examination.

Someone said "I can't understand why any woman would not want to be a feminist". This is why. Does that seem like progress?

Also about court system you don't tell a thief it's okay to steal your car and then expect to charge them for doing it when you know their a thief.

The same concept applies to men you think most men lie so them lying to is within the boundaries of your belief that most men lie correct? In fact since you believe most men lie to get something you already make the assumption he is lying to get sex, therefor he is not lying but being truthful in his behaviour as a liar. Which you ladies already clearly pointed out so why are you now saying he is lying did he tell the truth in his action? No then he wasn't lying according to your belief that most men lie and therefore rape by deception has no meaning as deception is belief in being lied too but you are not being lied to and deceived as you already expected him to lie hence you have no case.

What the hell kind of bull squat are you trying to weave here??
 backcreek7
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2018 7:49:54 PM
Oui Oui madamn, I understand that you personally don't think that MOST men lie ~
You are simply stating a position, that many women share, who have been " duped " ...

If on the other hand, you do believe this ~ I would be somewhat disappointed, for this is undoubtably un - true ...

& ..........
schroedinger's cat

^^^
that kitty up there ^^^ would be thinkin' ~ that's just not right, col ( chuckle out loud )
pssst ! meow !
 NewYorker58
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2018 1:00:25 AM
I have never been duped by a married man. That is because I make an effort to make sure he's single. It's not hard to do. Why would I take a man at his word, when I don't know what his word is worth? He's a stranger.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/17/2018 3:31:24 AM

I have never been duped by a married man. That is because I make an effort to make sure he's single. It's not hard to do. Why would I take a man at his word, when I don't know what his word is worth? He's a stranger.

+1
 2ufo
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2018 6:27:14 AM

In fact since you believe most men lie to get something you already make the assumption he is lying to get sex, therefor he is not lying but being truthful in his behaviour as a liar. Which you ladies already clearly pointed out so why are you now saying he is lying did he tell the truth in his action? No then he wasn't lying according to your belief that most men lie and therefore rape by deception has no meaning as deception is belief in being lied too but you are not being lied to and deceived as you already expected him to lie hence you have no case.

Male logic?
Schrodinger's cat equations are easier to understand.

People lie because it's easy and there's immediate gratification.
Maybe they'll deal with the fallout of their lies later - or maybe they'll just lie again to avoid it.
It's a reason I don't believe anything a person, who has already been proven a liar, says.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 69
the court is patriarchical but Justice is a Lady
Posted: 6/17/2018 6:51:29 AM
"most women do NOT believe the man is lying"

>>>yet if he's unattractive or too old for her...no lie is going to convince her she's hearing the truth.

so she still makes a choice. Like people who hand their bank account number to that Nigerian prince :)

If you read an ad that promises you instant wealth and you send $19.95 for the book on how to do it and get a pamphlet that is so basic in explanation that its worthless....were you legally robbed? If you bought Sea Monkeys and they didn't grow as big as the picture in the ad you saw...can you sue?

the best way to avoid falling for "weasel words", is to not convince you something too good to be true...has to be in order for your dreams to come true.
 2ufo
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2018 7:34:01 AM
Maybe the quote should be...

Verify, then trust.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2018 8:31:14 AM
OP.. you had fair warning with this joke of a man for a long time. Now you're in a stew of drama. There's no one to blame but yourself. Check facts and stop thinking with your vagina and maybe you will find a man with some character and quality.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2018 1:09:39 PM

If you read an ad that promises you instant wealth and you send $19.95 for the book on how to do it and get a pamphlet

A pamphlet that says, "Get a bunch of suckers to send you $19.95 a shot"

were you legally robbed?

Suckered, actually.
Because there's one born every minute.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2018 4:52:39 PM
Maybe the ad just said it promises wealth, the seller's wealth. Mustang, Tell me you didn't send away for that!
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/17/2018 4:56:29 PM
no, fullmoon is correct--that's what it said.

I tried it for the same reason I asked out beautiful women--better to know it wasn't going to happen, then to forever wonder would it have happened and where would my life have gone.
 feirene
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2018 6:21:22 PM

Where is the so called "rape" in this?

I wouldn't consent to sex with a married guy. That is why he lied.

Isn't separated still considered being married?

Nope, it's not married otherwise the word separated wouldn't be used and the word married would be. I think it's reasonable to expect someone who says they have been separated for a year is not with their partner, that's why he lied about that and made that up.

It's not the same as divorced. Why not up your standards?

My standards were that sometimes people tell you the truth and you've got to take that leap of faith. Suppose i've got to stick to the mindset that all men are lying cheats unless they prove otherwise.

I don't want to be questioned on this any more, fk you all if you think it's ok to lie to get sex.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do men lie to get a woman