Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do men lie to get a woman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cynderella
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Why do men lie to get a womanPage 5 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
Lies are like autumn leaves....found everywhere.
Truth are like diamonds....precious and rare.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 102
Why do men lie to get a woman
Posted: 6/26/2018 3:07:02 AM

Do all women want money? The smart wise ones do. But it's not because of gold-digging. It's because they've realized that love (aka. hormones) mean nothing when a guy doesn't have all his financial ducks in a row. It only takes one lazy loser who can't keep a job or spends like crazy to smarten a woman up. No one wants a parasite.

Oh yeah, sure, it’s just women who don’t want a parasite.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2018 8:26:25 AM

Do all women want money? The smart wise ones do. But it's not because of gold-digging. It's because they've realized that love (aka. hormones) mean nothing when a guy doesn't have all his financial ducks in a row. It only takes one lazy loser who can't keep a job or spends like crazy to smarten a woman up. No one wants a parasite.

This works both ways.
This is 2018.
Women should be supporting themselves without needing men for money.
Everyone should have their financial ducks in a row.
If you want your ducks to mingle, that's something you need to discuss before
hand. Getting stuck with sucky ducks is sucky galore, but if it happens more than
once it's a personal problem and a poor decision.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 104
Posted: 6/26/2018 8:47:33 AM

July said "no one" not "only women" doesn't want a parasite (if they r emotionally healthy)

Why did 2 ppl feel the need to come in & add to her post, assuming she meant only women feel that way?

Heterosexual women date men & their experiences tell them they don't want a parasite THE SAME WAY A HETEROSEXUAL MALE WOULD STATE HE DOESN'T WANT A PARASITIC FEMALE.

That goes w/o saying.

Also adding, a man who takes a lady out on date & pays for all or most of it is not being used by a parasite, as some in here would like to state.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2018 8:54:50 AM

Why did 2 ppl feel the need to come in & add to her post, assuming she meant only women feel that way?

Because we can?
And certainly everything except the last short sentence was directed towards men.
And we can post whatever we want, whenever we want...a practice you certainly adhere to.

But thank you for your concern.
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 106
Posted: 6/26/2018 9:35:34 AM
of course u can post what u want...

but why did u assume she meant it applies only to one gender?

she didn't say it that way, but more than one person tried to spin it as such...
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2018 10:36:07 AM

It only takes one lazy loser who can't keep a job or spends like crazy to smarten a woman up.

Or maybe a woman could "smarten up" ahead of time, and not become involved with such men.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2018 10:50:38 AM

but why did u assume she meant it applies only to one gender?

I didn't.
And my post does not imply she meant only one gender.
And that's all the time (I'm not getting back) to waste on that.
 jco415
Msg: 109
Posted: 6/26/2018 5:18:38 PM
I didn't read the wall of text so this is just a response to the title.

Women lie all the time to get a man, mostly they use sex to get him then complain that all he was interested in was sex...well, that's all you sold him!

You put on makeup, do your hair have magic bras and other devices, perfume etc., all designed to appeal to him sexually...and then you wonder...
 julystorm22
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2018 6:10:28 PM
I know it applies to both sexes.

When I was young and stupid I was familiar with sayings such as "money doesn't buy happiness" and I believed that what a guy did for a living and how much money he made were of zero importance. I always noticed that when a woman brought up the fact she was dating someone, the question that was always asked was "What does he do for a living?" I thought it was an unfair question. Now I feel differently. Because the truth is, how much money a man has and his job does matter He doesn't have to be rich but he has to have at least a certain level of financial well-being that enables him to pay his own way. I am still amazed at the amount of unemployed men who are trying to find dates on pof. In my opinion, a guy should find and keep a job before he even attempts to enter the dating world.

When it comes to women, I used to look down at stay-at-home moms because I thought they were lazy but now I think differently. There are many stay-at-home moms who do a ton for their kids and keep the house neat, cook good meals and volunteer a lot in their communities and at their kids' schools. Those woman may not have a career outside the home but they work hard for no pay. What I do look down on is the stay-at-home moms who leave their husbands for poor reasons (such as "they fell out of love") and then continue to live on their husband's income through spousal support. I figure, if you choose to leave the marriage, you choose to leave the money. And by this I do not mean child support because it is a child's right to be provided for by both parents. I have trouble respecting women who do not work, probably because I have always worked and my mom worked hard outside the home as well. I do think though, that mothers should not have to work as much outside the home as fathers, especially when children are younger, because mothers do more of the cooking, cleaning and childcare on average, even when working outside the home the same amount as fathers. And younger kids need more attention too so one parents at least much provide that. Women at times spread themselves too thin.
 cooldog65
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2018 9:01:18 PM

Lies are like autumn leaves....found everywhere.
Truth are like diamonds....precious and rare.

Welcome back Cynderella.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 112
Posted: 6/26/2018 10:26:22 PM

I do think though, that mothers should not have to work as much outside the home as fathers, especially when children are younger, because mothers do more of the cooking, cleaning and childcare on average, even when working outside the home the same amount as fathers. And younger kids need more attention too so one parents at least much provide that. Women at times spread themselves too thin.

Maybe women do more housework on average, but there are always exceptions. If a man is doing more of the cooking, cleaning and child care, does that mean he shouldn’t have to work as much outside the home? I’ve always cooked and cleaned for myself, and If I had kids I would also want to spend a lot of time with them.
 TomásIasan
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2018 12:03:31 AM
Men lie I think mostly as they are prepping for the relationship, they know their going to have to tell women what they want to hear to or sh!t can go south right quick. Do these pants make my a$$ look fat? No honey the fat on your a$$ does it all by themselves is definitely not in their vocabulary and women know better than to ask me that question if they don't want to hear the answer cause they will get the truth. Along with the makeup, hair and every other stupid question that could possibly result in hear truths they really don't want to know.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2018 12:09:35 AM
Fullmoon, you don't seem to make the same observations for men here, like why are they consistently picking the wrong women, and why can't they smarten up ahead of time? Sure makes it sound like you don't like women. Perhaps that's why you won't commit to a woman, because you don't like them. Not that this would be a revelation to anyone.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2018 3:56:02 AM

Also adding, a man who takes a lady out on date & pays for all or most of it is not being used by a parasite, as some in here would like to state.

Exactly. He's sharing because he wants to and she consents to share her time with him, on his invitation.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 116
Posted: 6/27/2018 6:48:31 AM
"When I was young and stupid I was familiar with sayings such as "money doesn't buy happiness" and I believed that what a guy did for a living and how much money he made were of zero importance. "

>>when we were young enough to have the energy to do everything in a day and couldn't afford to have a house, money did not matter as much. I could walk 4 miles to college and save what I would have to spend on a car, to pay the rent. Now i'd need a car AND have to pay the taxes on my house. its relative. BUT, we all should be making enough to cover our dues in life. We can't live for free, I knew a fellow who truly lived on the charity of strangers, or however Blanche said it in Streetcar Named Desire. money is a tool, and its great to be able to buy peace of mind, and frankly, some jobs do give us some purpose. Its always nice to bump into former employees and hear two people are doing my job now and still people notice i'm not there anymore.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 117
Posted: 6/27/2018 8:59:02 AM

There are other ways besides paying for dates that a man can show that he cares. For example, he can cook for a woman at home. He can also wash dishes, do laundry and clean the toilets.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2018 10:36:03 AM

Fullmoon, you don't seem to make the same observations for men here, like why are they consistently picking the wrong women, and why can't they smarten up ahead of time? Sure makes it sound like you don't like women. Perhaps that's why you won't commit to a woman, because you don't like them.

Your poor analytical skills are showing.
Since statistics show that women in the US initiate divorces approximately 2/3 of the time, that would indicate that a lot of those 2/3 of married men are relatively satisfied with their situation, which is why they are not seeking to end it for good.
(unless they are not seeking to end it for financial reasons)
Obviously, if the women ARE seeking to end it, they are the ones who are not satisfied, or at the least, the most dissatisfied, therefore they must believe at that point that they made a bad choice, and are seeking to get out of it.

If a man makes a bad choice, such as marrying an obvious nutcase, then of course, he should have smartened up ahead of time.
But, there aren't a lot of men on here complaining that they married a nutcase, as opposed to plenty of women complaining about the liars and losers and cheaters they get involved with and marry to their regret.
 julystorm22
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2018 10:44:45 AM
That stat is misleading. As I explained in another thread, the stat is actually based on who initiates divorce proceedings legally. Many of those 2/3 of women actually had husbands who had already left them or had an affair. Many men avoid bringing things to court because usually they'll lose out with child and spousal support decisions.

I think that 70% of the people on here seem to have been in a really bad cohabitation arrangement or marriage in the past and its true, we made poor decisions. But we cannot change the past, only move on from it. Try not to make the same mistakes.
 reverendswine
Msg: 120
Posted: 6/27/2018 11:13:35 AM

I think the better question is, how is it that a woman who is supposedly happily married beyond her wildest dreams is compelled to spend her time pulling up old threads to rant and rave over, engaging in fights with an 82-year-old woman, and attempting to shout down any post that isn't devoted to kissing female ass BY USING CAPS AND BOLD TEXT??

I can't be the only person wondering this.
 sun___flower
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2018 11:46:54 AM
RevSwine
I think the better question is, how is it that a woman who is supposedly happily married beyond her wildest dreams is compelled to spend her time pulling up old threads to rant and rave over, engaging in fights with an 82-year-old woman, and attempting to shout down any post that isn't devoted to kissing female ass BY USING CAPS AND BOLD TEXT??

I can't be the only person wondering this.

+1
 backcreek7
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2018 12:37:18 PM
... If a human being is an un-happy person, or thinks life owes him / her something ~ there is no person on earth, that can change that in them . Anyone who ignores this, or tries to change them ~ is a fool and will suffer the consequences.

heart / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2018 4:04:01 PM
^^^
I'm not lying > col
I meant to say ~ if a human being " chooses " to be an un-happy person, no-one can change that but themselves ...
 NewYorker58
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2018 2:23:15 AM
Fullmoon, the men here aren't complaining about past relationships?

Women wise up, and become more self-assured, then initiate divorce. They get tired of the guy they married turning into a sloth. Then they don't appreciate being an underappreciated caregiver, so that's why they're not always up for getting into a relationship again. People can and do change in the course of a relationship. Men can become very lazy.

With all you've said, it still applies that you don't take men to task about making poor choices.
 MsMicki
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2018 5:13:56 AM

With all you've said, it still applies that you don't take men to task about making poor choices.

You must have selective reading....because he does point out when men do stupid things all the time...

And you just did the same thing....made it gender specific....
It is not....there just as many women as men that screw things up!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do men lie to get a woman