Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > POF SHUT DOWN THESE BOARDS      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 51
Mr Gorbachev, Tear down these broadsPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
"The views they express is what got Trump elected."

>>>if he means the views on social issues like who uses what bathroom or who bakes a cake for whom, then he's right, the Tea Baggers have never liked that. But it didn't help Chump get elected the first two times he ran, except for the conspiracy theorists who love to think he's some Muslim Manchurian candidate (speaking of views from cable TV news shows). And of course the majority of Americans, wherever they live, voted HRC.

"Will they ever see that the likes of them is what drove people to the polls, and put Trump in office?"

>>what is there to see? Republican Bush got us into two wars, spied on us, and gave us a recession. Obama got us out of the recession, avoided a third war in Syria, and saved the automobile industry. Now if workers in the Midwest thought voting out unions and failing to support health insurance reform was a GOOD idea, and doubled down to vote chaos into the White House with a dollup of deficit on top of the s###-sundae...do we have to save these people from themselves? Are we supposed to be their Daddy?

"The controlled media told you that voting for a wealthy republican businessman would be a huge insult to the "liberal establishment". And you took the bait. "

>>>Exactamundo.
 topoaza
Msg: 52
Mr Gorbachev, Tear down these broads
Posted: 6/25/2018 9:09:43 AM

>>>Exactamundo.

That is interesting Mach...exactly who controls the Main Street Media? We already know who controls Fox News. Whoever Rupert Murdoch says.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2018 11:49:58 AM
“The controlled media told you that voting for a wealthy republican businessman would be a huge insult to the ‘liberal establishment’. And you took the bait. Now the elites have their guy in the white house.”

On a related note, here’s the most hilarious thing Trump said this past week that his worshippers clapped and hooted and hollered to despite what it said about themselves:

“You ever notice they always call the other side ‘the elite.’ The elite! Why are they elite? I have a much better apartment than they do. I’m smarter than they are. I’m richer than they are. I became president and they didn’t.” – Minnesota rally (https://www.marketwatch.com/story/at-minnesota-rally-trump-brags-hes-more-elite-than-the-elite-2018-06-20)

I mean, seriously, people.

I will agree that this board sucks a lot more with elimination of my most worthy (and some worthless) adversaries, but whatever if it lives or dies. Sometimes I’m not around for months, so would I really miss years? It’s good for distracting me from work when it gets really boring but not much else. That said, as honored as I am to be pronounced as one of this board’s great posters, I really don’t see myself being that much different from Chameleon, except my posts are WAAAAAAY longer. And in American English, not Canadian English.

Related to that topic, in response to what PR said: Canada and Mexico are way too close to the United States to not have great interest in our politics. When your drinking water can be polluted by your neighbor (which is apparently actually happening to a greater extent than before, thanks to Trump), then it's perfectly reasonable that you might be highly concerned about what's going on with your neighbor and would hope to have some influence (however indirect). You can bet your sweet dime that if Trump could figure out a way to get rid of Nieto (which is about to happen due to term limits anyway) and Trudeau and replace them with pro-Trumpers, he would do it, because they're thorns in his side when it comes to implementing his policies.
 factaza
Msg: 54
Posted: 6/25/2018 12:29:33 PM
^^^you are nothing like chameleon other than you both hate Trump. She is the all too typical hypocritical angry woman always taking hits at people she doesn't like and she does not believe in freedom of thought if you disagree with her. You are always insightful and professional
The only person I have ever seen you go after is kj, likely because you felt she was a friend and felt, maybe unfairly, the she betrayed you by being a diehard trump supporter.

I do disagree with you about kj. Would have been nice if she explained herself of course, but she never got the chance because her opinion was quashed by leftist trash.
 chameleonf
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/25/2018 1:41:37 PM
Factaza - I invite you to review my history and point out where I have been hypocritical, angry or always taking hits at people. I don't not like people here (I don't know them enough to make that call), however, I may strongly disagree with their opinions and the manner in which they express them. Will I take hits at bigots, racists, and alt-right individuals who are in the deplorable category for being bigots and racists, you bet - no different than you in that regard - if people are blind followers of Trump and they possess those same attributes, that's not my fault. I don't know about you, but when I see it, I call it out, wherever I am - to be silent, in my opinion, is close to condoning it.

I'll also sometimes take hits at misogynists and sometimes people who take hits at me/my opinion - at that point, it becomes fair game. It would seem your problem with me stems from the fact that I happened to agree with some people in some areas that you have a hard on for that you can't get over. That's on you, not me, as is your interpretation of what it is I have to say when, in venomous anger at others, you lose sight of what it was I was actually saying. I won't respond to this gnat-like type of topic again from you, but I kept seeing my name come up so figured I was within my rights to speak my peace.

P.S. Gnat-like is merely a descriptor of the flitting from thread to thread with pest like regularity attempting to garner some kind of support or sympathy or to further besmirch the names of those you disagree with - it's the swarms of gnats that's caused people to lose interest in this and any forum - other than singularly, or as a group, having the ability to delete individuals, which I've never agreed with - no matter who the players are. You use the descriptor "leftist trash" - I choose gnat.
 juliette_spice
Msg: 56
POF SHUT DOWN THESE BOARDS
Posted: 6/25/2018 2:19:52 PM
These forums need to be moderated again.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2018 3:01:21 PM
"I do disagree with you about kj. Would have been nice if she explained herself of course, but she never got the chance because her opinion was quashed by leftist trash."

What the heck are you talking about? She had plenty of opportunities to "explain herself" before she was unfairly multi-deleted, and instead all she did was act like the Riddler dancing around the topic with at best a bunch of conspiracy theories and at worst, borderline Dee-ish nonsensical slam poetry.

I went after KJ for the same reason I went after any Trump worshipper: they deserved to have all their absurd notions torn apart for blindly following a con man to hell. You know, like today's stock market plunge. I'm sure that's all part of the plan. Right, KJ?

Does this Joker look like a guy with a plan?
 appaza
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/25/2018 3:31:41 PM
^^^^I think Hawk you see all Trump supporters as racist. I think only some Trump supporters are racist. I think many Trump supporters wanted a Destructor, something as far from the status quo as possible. Trump was certainly that. Those of us in the know of course understand how much damage Trump is causing to the country and to the economy but the typical Trump supporter doesn't see that. What KJ Sees at this point is unknown to me because we have not discussed it, but it is still hard to see how anybody could be worse than George W bush considering all the damage he caused by his unnecessary War.
 kootaza
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/25/2018 5:01:26 PM
Unfortunately, I know there will be some here who will be very sorry to hear this, but I'm going to be and very busy over the next three to four weeks and so likely will not be posting or posting very really. But I hope to be back. To admin I still have at least 20 profiles that I need to use. I hate for them to go to waste. To my stalker I'm sorry I will not be here upon your return. Sometimes life gets in the way. Sorry I won't be around to hear your insults and threats, but I will imagine what you are saying and it will bring a smile to my face. :-).
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/25/2018 7:15:30 PM
"exactly who controls the Main Street Media?"

>>>not who, what. I should have corrected that when I quoted it. What controls mainstream media is the desire to make a profit. If it bleeds, it leads, and remember in the beginning of the campaign, how much free air time Chump got? he got it b/c he was saying outrageous things, and people tuned in to find WTF.

Some Trumpanzees ACT racist, and most think racist, which is why what Chump says doesn't disturb them much, while millions more voted HRC. As for KJ, she not only had a chance to explain herself, she took every opportunity to do so. She didn't have much of an explanation b/c....she doesn't have much of an explanation. Occum's Razor, baby! beats Jerome's Law every day of the week.

"still hard to see how anybody can be worse than Shrub Bush"

>>>Bush paved the way to make a Chump tolerable. But don't forget, Chump is hiring neocons to give him advice on Iran, the same exact idiots (Bolton) who got us in Iraq. That didn't happen overnight, and the more distractions Chump needs, the more the tail will wag the dog.
 MsMicki
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2018 8:56:37 PM
Just curious....
but do any one of you actually think you have changed even one person's mind?
or does that even matter as long as you get to rant on and on (and on...) about whether you agree or disagree with Trump?!!
 Sandbyday
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/25/2018 9:53:06 PM

These forums need to be moderated again.

I think the mods are doing a fine job letting the babies cry themselves to sleep every night.
Who the hell would volunteer to deal with that?
 HawkingJr
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2018 4:46:34 AM
“I think Hawk you see all Trump supporters as racist. I think only some Trump supporters are racist.”

KJ actually made racist statements. In fact, until she did that, I was either ignoring her pro-Trump rants or engaging with her in polite debates. Once I realized she was deep down inside as racist, ethnocentric, Islamophobic, homophobic and outright belligerent as the typical Trump worshipper and was also unwilling to admit her god had any flaws, the gloves were off (or on) because you just can’t argue with a brick wall. And I do not mean “brick” in any 1970s funk manner. Once you start reminding me of the people I grew up with, you’re as dead to me as they are.

Are there some Trump supporters who aren’t racist? Sure. After all, there are a handful of black and Hispanic ones (though arguably they are racist against themselves – slavery is a choice, huh, Kanye?). But the one thing that almost every Trump supporter has in common is a pervasive mean-spiritedness and inclination toward bullying those considered inferior for whatever reason. And nearly as disturbing is their foolishness to follow him down the rabbit hole of “post-truth” – how can you respect anyone who claims the truth is only what one man says it is? Worse than racists, Trump worshippers are just really DUMB, and I won’t lie to you: I am intolerant of the stupid. I sometimes feel bad about it when it’s an infant or animal or someone with legitimate learning disabilities, but most Trump supporters do not fall in any of those categories and in my opinion, are fair game. None of this suggests I agree with harassing them at restaurants or movie theaters, but what do they expect when they spend all day being publicly mean-spirited and intolerant to people?

“Just curious.... but do any one of you actually think you have changed even one person's mind?”

On this message board? Highly unlikely. For all 11 years I’ve been here (only the last 3 have I bothered with politics – the “Trump Era”), this board has just been gladiator-type entertainment to me. I came, I saw, I conquered. In real life, maybe, though rarely. But Trump’s own actions have caused many to switch sides – in both directions, as evidenced by his constantly fluctuating (though always low) approval ratings. “Separation now, separation forever” caused him to lose 5 Gallup points in a week. I think it’s important for people to point out to the uninformed and wavering what he and his minions are doing so they can make informed decisions. My best friend (who voted against him after voting for Romney after voting for Obama so she’s definitely a moderate) is largely bored and disinterested by politics, despite having an estranged husband who WAS hardcore into Trump and an avid Fox News watcher. I don’t know how many times I’ve told her about the crazy things Trump and his boys are doing and she had no idea, because she wasn’t paying attention – the reality of the situation is, as was the case with Obama, Bush and all their predecessors is that the President has very little effect on the average person most of the time, so it’s important for the “average person” to learn what effect the President might be having on other people the “average person” might be empathetic toward. As a result, she can’t wait to vote all the Trump apologists out of office (we live close to each other and have nearly all Republican representatives). In this forum, I doubt anyone is informing anyone of anything because if you hang out on a message board, most likely you are a very informed person to begin with. Of course, you might be “informed” by FAKE NEWS sources and have a very warped view of the world, but that’s besides the point.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/26/2018 7:36:16 AM
"but do any one of you actually think you have changed even one person's mind?"

>>>speaking only for myself...I have had guys (don't worry, I won't mention names and embarrass you amongst your friends :) ) here and in the relationship forums, admit they agreed with something I explained. But that was from explaining it in detail, not in just ranting.

"does that even matter as long as you get to rant on and on (and on...) about whether you agree or disagree with Trump?!!"

>>>I shall confess, pointing out facts in the face of tirades, and watching people ignore it b/c they can't counter, is amusing :) I imagine a few swearing and sweating at their keyboard, going, "Dammit! he's right again! Why does he always have to have the facts on his side!" And its nice to read Cham or Hawking or Site or others come out with a fact I forgot, and it reminds me of the injustices going on. I consider this forum to be the back alley of the site, where things are figured out with fists. But my real goal is to learn, not to humiliate. If John, D, et al can come up with something c0ckamamee and I look it up to figure out WTF, then I learned something new.

"KJ actually made racist statements."

>>I wasn't going to comment on the slurs on Cham, she can kick butt and take names quite well on her own :) But i'm glad Hawking pointed this out, I felt the same way about some things KJ had intoned or said outright, but wasn't going to go into it. Frankly, I was just annoyed with her inability to show any depth in her opinions--she's like the little child who heard something on Grandpa's knee and repeats it without any real knowledge of what it meant. Now I know others who believe the same way she does, think what she said was articulate. I suspect its a case of being too close to a subject to be able to really see it.

we cannot change the mind of the rabid. But there's a ton of moderate Republicans who get more disgusted by the day, from what they read and hear. They can't stick their heads in the sand for much longer.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2018 11:39:57 PM
Hawking, I don't follow the political threads. I only read them randomly, but the few posts I've read of yours, I didn't deduce you're a racist, until now. You said....."Are there some Trump supporters who aren’t racist? Sure. After all, there are a handful of black and Hispanic ones (though arguably they are racist against themselves – slavery is a choice, huh, Kanye?)."

All white people are racist that voted for Trump? You've got to be kidding me. Btw, non-white people aren't prejudice against anyone? You just proved you're prejudice. I know there are more of you out there.

You must have been under the influence of something to make this statement, unless you don't read what other dems have been saying, like seagull. Dems have lost their sh!t, because they're thin-skinned over losing the election. The more they get nasty, the more I laugh to myself. Every mock and nasty criticism of Trump is a pat on the back for making the RIGHT choice. You're off-the-wall statement, like you've been living in a cave since the election. You do read what other lefties post?:

"But the one thing that almost every Trump supporter has in common is a pervasive mean-spiritedness and inclination toward bullying those considered inferior for whatever reason."
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2018 2:51:43 AM
Another BS-ata whinefest ensues.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/27/2018 6:05:36 AM
"All white folk who voted for Chump, are racist?"

>>>Considering how many millions more voted HRC, one does wonder what their interest in Chump was. He had only three issues--racist xenophobia, I'm anti Establishment, and i'll get coal and factory jobs back. The last two were supposedly the recipe to MAGA. But, who in their right mind thinks a rich dude is not the Establishment? They thought they saw right thru HRC's claims, but they thought a huckster with failed businesses wasn't connected? So maybe they're gullible, but let's assume they weren't that dumb, and so they're left with racism and getting jobs back (part of that solution, of course, is to kick out the immigrants that supposedly take jobs, so there's your racism again). increasing jobs should have been a winning slogan, but of course, the unemployment rate was already dropping under Obama (and went some tenths of a percent lower under Chump), so maybe people weren't all that insecure. So why did millions more vote HRC?

What did she offer that Chump did not? or..what did Chump offer that she didn't, and it scared millions more Americans into not supporting Chump? musta been all the xenophobia and overt racism that appealed to the anti-PC crowd, the ones who still claim he "tells it like it is." Tells WHAT, exactly?

If nasty criticisms of Chump make you laugh, what about his thin-skinned attacks? How about Melanoma's FU jacket?
 HawkingJr
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2018 7:54:25 AM
"All white people are racist that voted for Trump? You've got to be kidding me."

No, you're kidding yourself, considering you deduced that I said "All white people are racist that voted for Trump" immediately after quoting what I actually said, which was: "Are there some Trump supporters who aren’t racist? Sure."

I mean, it's just like Trump said when he first announced he was running for president: "And some, I assume, are good people." Are you one of the "good people" Trump supporters?

Dems aren't thin-skinned over losing the election (Hillary might be) -- they are upset that Trump is enacting policies they consider immoral and destructive -- just like Republicans were about the policies Obama was enacting. And gee, I don't think a single Republican ever questioned Obama's legitimacy to be president, did they? Certainly no Republican ever said a nasty thing about Obama, did they?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2018 2:31:14 PM
No, you would be wrong, they're thin skinned. At least the far left are. Normal people realize it was just an election, and they'd get to vote again in a few years. Well, except for Trump being able to appoint supreme court justices. Mustang must be home crying and having a meltdown. My advice for the far left is to go into therapy for support. Seriously.

Racist would be democrats saying we need Mexicans here to pick our produce, like slaves for them. I like Mexicans. They're good hard-working people. I've been to Mexico and have Mexican friends. I would never categorize them as produce pickers.
 chameleonf
Msg: 70
Posted: 6/27/2018 3:15:14 PM

Racist would be democrats saying we need Mexicans here to pick our produce, like slaves for them. I like Mexicans. They're good hard-working people. I've been to Mexico and have Mexican friends. I would never categorize them as produce pickers.

What do you call Mexican individuals who WANT to come to your country to pick produce - bartenders? They do it for a reason - not because they are slaves - they weren't forced to come to your country to pick produce. Pick the lowest paying jobs in your country that aren't picking produce. For instance, 7 of the 8 lowest paying jobs aren't farm workers and yet there are people who take these jobs for a reason other than being a "slave", although I'm sure they can feel like it, depending on any given boss.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/38168029/ns/business-careers/t/lowest-paying-jobs-america/#.WzQIzUxFyUk

Farm workers apparently earn about $9.51 per hour, the 7th highest on the list of eight jobs listed in the above article. What do you suppose the majority of farm workers are paid in Mexico? Now figure out why they would go to the States to be farm labourers. Supply/demand. Let's not forget, they take/send their extremely hard earned money back to their country, which makes the $9.51 much more than $9.51 per hour.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2018 2:34:12 AM
You're missing or avoiding my point. Dems are pigeonholing Mexican immigrants as only capable if doing migrant produce picking. Your attitude is exactly what I'm talking about. It's back-breaking work, many times under horrible conditions: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/15/california-farms-pick-your-own-fruit-vegetables-working-conditions-jobs
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 72
Posted: 6/28/2018 6:21:08 AM
and which democrats would be claiming Mexicans are ONLY capable of picking produce? The Republicans have a presidential candidate who pigeonholes Mexicans as rapists and criminals--how much of the GOP does he speak for? only the ones who voted for him? fewer?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2018 1:19:30 PM
Democrats on fb, friends of friends.

You and your lefty friends can keep saying Trump called ALL Mexicans criminals, but repetition doesn't make it true. If that was possible, I'd tell everyone repeatedly that I was a multi-millionaire💵💰💵
 HawkingJr
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2018 3:27:57 PM
“You and your lefty friends can keep saying Trump called ALL Mexicans criminals, but repetition doesn't make it true.”

It is true he didn’t say all were. He said: “When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to border guards and they're telling us what we're getting.”

Surely you understand what “and some, I assume, are good people” means. That entire paragraph taken as a whole means “Most Mexican immigrants are criminals, but there are SOME that I ASSUME are good people, though I don’t know any good ones and the border guards aren’t telling me about any good ones, I’m just assuming there have to be some good ones – but again, I’m just assuming.”

As for Democrats pigeon-holing Mexicans as only migrant produce pickers: who do you think owns farms and are hiring Mexican migrants? Republicans – almost every farm owner is a Republican. In fact, these Republican farm owners almost secretly forced Trump to expand the guest worker program that he had been bellowing to the mountain tops that he was going to eradicate since he began his campaign, until he discovered that farms were seriously struggling without Mexican workers (who he had scared into hiding or out of the country).

https://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article213091154.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-08/trump-s-hard-line-on-immigration-ruffles-farmers-short-on-labor

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-says-u-s-let-your-guest-workers-come-appeal-n869841

Again, this guy is now talking out of both sides of his mouth – BUILD THE WALL! But let a bunch of Mexicans in to pick my wealthy supporters’ fruit.

The point is, Republicans (but only farmer Republicans) are the ones who want them in the country for agricultural reasons. Democratic leaders are just pointing out this fact that Republican leaders refuse to admit publicly for fear of being primaried by American losers crying about their jobs being stolen (even though they won’t do THOSE jobs). And first generation Mexican-Americans almost never work in agriculture – they “move up” just like other Americans and THEN start taking jobs Americans DO want. But that’s just the way immigration works – just like it worked with your ancestors. I noticed you aren’t harvesting any produce. BTW, I grew up on a farm – I actually have harvested plenty of produce. But by God, I sure as hell didn’t want to! And will never do it again! But I don’t particularly care who does it for me now – but I guarantee you it almost certainly won’t be an American-born black or white person. 'Cause it's just not worth the money to us.
 cotter
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 6/28/2018 7:48:36 PM
MsMicki Message 61 ...
Just curious....
but do any one of you actually think you have changed even one person's mind?

I saw a thread many years ago that apparently did change some minds ... you can see it for yourself.

It was August 2006 ... https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts4932000.aspx
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > POF SHUT DOWN THESE BOARDS