Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > rude messages      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 reverendswine
Msg: 26
rude messagesPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Come to the realization that "politics" is nothing more than a synonym for "corruption" and your life will probably get much better. I can't even fathom why people even bother arguing over this crap with their team red/team blue mentality. It's like watching people argue over who's the most moral serial killer.

In unrelated matters, you're pretty hot for 65.
 from site to sight
Msg: 27
rude messages
Posted: 7/6/2018 9:36:05 AM

(Msg 5, Blonde Angel):
My Dad came to the USA via a German Labor Camp after being forcibly removed from the Ukraine as a TEENAGER, basically forced to live as a slave till Germany was liberated. The only way ppl survived all of that was by knowing who was who.

The Trump organization has committed so much treason & crimes against humanity, it is up to ppl like us NOT TO REMAIN SILENT.

Getting off topic, but interesting anyway:
I recall seeing a BBC series a long time ago about WW2 and many key moments. One episode was about the German labor camps and what happened when they were liberated by the end of the war. All of eastern Europe was under Stalin's control at the time. Soviet military trucks were dispatched to the labor camps and the people who were prisoners there (Ukrainians and other eastern Europeans) were told they are going back home now to rebuild their lives. When they loaded up the trucks and headed to Soviet controlled territory, they were followed by the allies to make sure they went back into Soviet land.

The allies watched them, and saw that when they crossed into Soviet territory, the people were taken off of the trucks and all were shot and killed, and their bodies left at the side of the road. The allies went down the roads after the Soviet trucks left the area, and saw many more cases of mass killings of people who were in the labor camps.

Stalin ordered the killings because he said, anyone who cooperated with the Germans and followed their orders was guilty of treason, and the punishment for treason was immediate execution. The Ukrainians and other eastern Europeans who were there were in a no-win situation. They were taken at gun point by the German army from their homes, and anybody who didn't cooperate with them and do as they were told faced immediate execution. And then Stalin comes along and says anybody who cooperated with the Germans to save their hide faced immediate execution.

Luckily, there weren't many leaders like Trump, who would've said "Screw you. Let the people get executed" (as his wife wears a jacket that says 'I don't care'). Many countries were sympathetic and allowed people to immigrate. But Trump has convinced his worshipers that there should be no sympathy for people who are trying to escape deadly situations and who are looking for a better life. There's no immediate financial reward for Trump, and that's all that matters to him. Make America great again by getting rid of Trump.
 whiterose0
Msg: 28
rude messages
Posted: 7/6/2018 9:57:27 AM

You're using pics that are over 7 years old, and you're saying I have problems? You're being petty and excluding men based on who they voted for, but that's your prerogative.

What does the age of the OP's pictures have to do with the topic? Some of your profile pictures are even older than hers. And I, too, would like to know what a woman's political affiliation has to do with how promiscuous she is?

People have the right not to date someone with opposing political beliefs. That doesn't mean they have problems - they're just being realistic about being incompatible with someone with such a different set of values. The issue some men are having with the OP is the harsh way she states her political beliefs.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 29
view profile
History
rude messages
Posted: 7/6/2018 10:17:18 AM
Her profile doesn't say she's not dating, while you had plenty to say about mine where I changed out dating pics to use random photos, because I did state I'm not dating right now. You did that under your other persona.

I'm not saying she shouldn't state her preferences.
 whiterose0
Msg: 30
rude messages
Posted: 7/6/2018 10:29:12 AM
^^^^ It doesn't matter whether she's dating or not. Her pics have nothing to do with the topic. I agree with the OP that you have problems.

You still didn't answer the question about what a woman's political affiliation has to do with how promiscuous she is?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 31
view profile
History
rude messages
Posted: 7/6/2018 10:45:48 AM
I did in a previous post. Conservatives tend to be conservative as the name implies, though of course not always.
 whiterose0
Msg: 32
rude messages
Posted: 7/6/2018 11:27:13 AM
Conservatives are not necessarily conservative in terms of their sexuality. Trump is proof of that.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 33
view profile
History
rude messages
Posted: 7/6/2018 11:27:35 AM

I did in a previous post. Conservatives tend to be conservative as the name implies, though of course not always

Are you seriously suggesting that conservatives tend to be conservative sexually and liberals tend to be promiscuous?
I'm just wondering, because I'm pretty liberal.
 cooldog65
Msg: 34
view profile
History
rude messages
Posted: 7/6/2018 11:49:14 AM

Come to the realization that "politics" is nothing more than a synonym for "corruption" and your life will probably get much better. I can't even fathom why people even bother arguing over this crap with their team red/team blue mentality. It's like watching people argue over who's the most moral serial killer.

Politics...Who gives a fück?

In unrelated matters, you're pretty hot for 65.

Don't let Boo hear you...
 browneyesboo
Msg: 35
view profile
History
rude messages
Posted: 7/6/2018 11:58:23 AM

Mr. Pig compliments all us old hot wimmins!
Because he appreciates the finer things in life I guess....hahahaha!

reverendswine
Msg: 36
rude messages
Posted: 7/6/2018 12:30:53 PM

Ah, it's ok. She already knows I'm a slut.
 MsMicki
Msg: 37
view profile
History
rude messages
Posted: 7/6/2018 12:49:46 PM
^^ well then you must be a Liberal!!

frikken hilarious that someone can come to the conclusion that political beliefs translate into sexual promiscuity!!
 hemingway234
Msg: 38
rude messages
Posted: 7/6/2018 12:58:15 PM
OP's profile reads like a rant. I'd take the political talk out of the profile and just put the word "liberal" or "Democrat" in the interests section and leave it at that.
 ssm508
Msg: 39
view profile
History
rude messages
Posted: 7/6/2018 2:33:04 PM

I am also quite liberal in politics. I can't stand trump. If you voted for him, keep looking.

From the OP's profile. The first sentence is okay. The last 2 sentences should be removed. The OP lives in an area where the majority of people voted for Trump. Of course, she will get hate email for this.

I did in a previous post. Conservatives tend to be conservative as the name implies, though of course not always

I have dated and/or had sex with women ranging from liberal to moderate Republicans to apolitical. I never noticed any type of correlation between political viewpoints and sex.

purplerider1200
Msg: 40
view profile
History
rude messages
Posted: 7/6/2018 3:23:57 PM
This in't the place for that type of discussion. First, the tread will go poof. Then the posters who overstepped the posting rules.
 sun_water
Msg: 41
rude messages
Posted: 7/6/2018 5:18:31 PM
FWIW among my circle of friends, the women that have most liberal political views tend to be the more conservative about sex. LOL.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 43
view profile
History
rude messages
Posted: 7/16/2018 12:08:52 PM

You're being petty and excluding men based on who they voted for, but that's your prerogative.

Indeed. Since intimate romantic relationships are very personal, I don't see why people have to share their personal, private homes with people they don't ant? If they don't want to engage in coitus with Trumpanzees, they're well within their right to decline. That's not being petty -- that's self-respect. I don't expect to be invited into the intimate lives of anybody who don't want me there and I would consider them petty.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 44
view profile
History
rude messages
Posted: 7/16/2018 1:50:17 PM

I did in a previous post. Conservatives tend to be conservative as the name implies, though of course not always.

Not really. You'd have to get down to subsets of those who are notably on the left or right to get a trend on spending habits, sexual openness, etc. One of the naive moves a guy with a lack of dating experience assumes is that a girl who hates Dems, being conservative politically, is less likely to put out on date #1-3 than if she was a gal who loved Hillary and hated Fox News. Or that one is going to be spending money at the mall swifter than the other.

Not so. We live in a tribalistic world when it comes to politics, mainly driven more by Disliking the "other side". Going to a country bar is a good source of picking up girls who are going to be "liberal" to guys they find cute, even though there's a higher % of conservatives there. When it comes to dating habits and such -- there's too much variance within the 'left' and 'right'.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 45
view profile
History
rude messages
Posted: 7/18/2018 4:17:20 AM

I am perhaps the biggest trump hater ever.

Doubtful. Most people in Syria, Palestine, Iran, Guantanamo, and many other places have plenty more reasons to hate Trump, who has continued Obama's mass civilian bombing and putting innocent people in concentration camps. Trump has done little to you personally. Most likely you benefit from many of his decisions. Meanwhile, Trump told Syrian civilians they were not allowed to escape the bombing, that they could not become refugees, that they should stay trapped there, then Trump (along with his buddies Putin and Netanyahu) bombed the villages, killing and maiming the trapped civilians, torturing them with chemical weapons.

The vast majority of people just hit the back button or swipe left when they see an incompatibility in a profile. "Swipe left if you voted for Trump".
 DivineBovine
Msg: 46
view profile
History
rude messages
Posted: 7/28/2018 1:37:29 PM
I get rude messages all the time because I'm a fat, middle-aged woman who dares to be blunt in her profile about what she is and isn't looking for. Got a doozy today, which is what brought me back to the forums for the first time in a couple of years (I think).

Abby, last time I went on a date with an avowed conservative, he told me he was open-minded and willing to talk reasonably. Most of the date, he tore down everything I believe in and if I tried to say one word back, would retort that "Liberals have no sense of humour" and keep going.

Now, I tell them to not even bother contacting me.

I wish the new owners of this site respected our restrictions. The one today is a smoker, and I won't be around them. We used to be able to block them.
 Abby156
Msg: 47
view profile
History
rude messages
Posted: 7/29/2018 9:24:20 AM
that's too bad. I just block them now. their negativity and lack of reason is intolerable.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > rude messages