Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Any chance she might come back?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 julystorm22
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Any chance she might come back?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Its a tough thing for someone to decide. When you like someone that isn't "all in". You either take what you can get or try for something better. I personally can only do this temporarily, tops 6 months, and then I'll force myself to move on and look for someone else. You made the decision you did because you wanted more and its okay to want more. There is always that concern though that you'll spend the next umpteen years single and alone. However, if you are willing to settle--no wait, let's not use that word--if you are willing to accept something different you wouldn't have to be alone. There are a lot of nice women online that would be easy to get. You just have to lower your standards and accept that maybe you were just batting above your league. Then you wouldn't have to be alone and you could be happy.
 richdeniro12
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Any chance she might come back?
Posted: 8/26/2018 3:38:54 PM
Ugh I made the mistake of adding her number back into my phone last night. I know I shouldn't have but I'd had a few drinks after work.

Didn't message her but just saw that she was online on Whatsapp for most of the evening which in all likelihood means that she is seeing someone new. I did think she was as her ex husband and kids were away for two weeks earlier this month so I assume she used the freedom and time to get into something new. Plus obviously she hasn't reached out in the time since saying she wanted to take a break.

Has made me feel awful today. I won't be doing that again.

Feels like I'm back to square one again six weeks after she ended it with me.
 julystorm22
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2018 8:01:42 PM
Sometimes you just get caught up on an ex. My example:

Guy #1, my first boyfriend , who I cared very much about, broke up with me out of the blue 10 years ago. I was so heartbroken I rebounded with Guy #2, not a good guy and stayed with that him. Guy #2 eventually dumped me for somebody else 10 years later and I then went back online and immediately became reacquainted with Guy #1 who messaged me the second day I was online. I tried getting together with him but I still felt a little heartbroken about 10 years earlier, not sure I could trust him so I ended things. A month later we got back together but it was short-lived as I told him my life was too hard at the moment (my dad having terminal brain cancer, custody battle, taz investigation, etc.). About 3 days ago he contacted me again and I was so happy to hear from him. He invited me to his place for supper and to stay overnight and I was looking forward to it. I dropped the kids off with their grandparents for a visit that had been planned a long time ago and drove almost one and a half hours to see him. I texted him to tell him I was about 10 minutes away, he said good and see you soon, but I couldn't remember his exact address to put in the gps so I texted him to ask and he texted back "sorry, I just realized I can't" and he blocked me on Messenger and his phone and pof. No explanation or anything so I sat crying on the side of the highway for an hour and drove home.

The lesson is, sometimes no matter your feelings for someone, it is only prolonging the inevitable to hold up hope. You need to move on. Quit trying to beat a dead horse.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/28/2018 3:32:04 AM
^^^ OMG what a jerk. So sorry to hear you went through that.
 julystorm22
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2018 10:25:33 AM
Yeah, it was hard, but once again I learned a valuable lesson. People who hurt you in the past will probably hurt you again. I guess this needed to happen. I've been caught up fantasizing about a guy for 10 years that rejected me back then only to reject me again now. The old wounds never healed because back then I did not get closure and now again, I do not get closure because he didn't even give me the chance to understand why.
 whiterose0
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/29/2018 8:50:38 AM

Ugh I made the mistake of adding her number back into my phone last night. I know I shouldn't have but I'd had a few drinks after work.

Didn't message her but just saw that she was online on Whatsapp for most of the evening which in all likelihood means that she is seeing someone new. I did think she was as her ex husband and kids were away for two weeks earlier this month so I assume she used the freedom and time to get into something new. Plus obviously she hasn't reached out in the time since saying she wanted to take a break.

Has made me feel awful today. I won't be doing that again.

Feels like I'm back to square one again six weeks after she ended it with me.

At least you didn't drunk dial her.

Chalk it up to a temporary setback and lapse of good judgement. Just remove her number from your phone, and don't do it again.
 hemingway234
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/7/2018 5:38:01 AM
I do have a question though.........why would someone use whatsapp (or whatver it's called), when we have text?

Today's lesson boys and guls, is to never date a married woman, especially one who still lives with her husband.

Until the papers are signed, they are on the rebound and are probably not ready to love another.
 spot4username
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2018 5:44:46 AM

I do have a question though.........why would someone use whatsapp (or whatver it's called), when we have text?

That is an assumption on your part. The person may not have text.
Text uses a mobile network whereas WhatsApp uses the internet.
WhatsApp works on phones, tablets, laptops, desktops.
WhatsApp is free over wifi.
I text with friends and families in other countries and use WhatsApp to avoid additional charges.
 hemingway234
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/7/2018 6:10:59 AM

WhatsApp works on phones, tablets, laptops, desktops.
WhatsApp is free over wifi.
I text with friends and families in other countries and use WhatsApp to avoid additional charges.

- ah, I see. that makes sense. Ty.

Yeah, it was hard, but once again I learned a valuable lesson. People who hurt you in the past will probably hurt you again.

- yes. once you breakup with a person for any length of time, you can't go back. That's only in the movies. You get one chance per person, per lifetime.
 julystorm22
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2018 9:00:46 AM
Whatsapp also has good video-chatting and voice messaging and you can share photos easily for free over wifi.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2018 12:21:44 AM

Guy #2 eventually dumped me for somebody else 10 years later and I then went back online and immediately became reacquainted with Guy #1 who messaged me the second day I was online.

To be fair though, you were steering and wanting to steer your BF into breaking up. You didn't even like him after the 1st date, as you said. You stuck with him and felt like you "couldn't" break up with him, and that oh-god you wanted to so badly, etc. So it's not at all in the same boat as being blind-sided by some guy. You wanted it to weaken and be set to break off that he'd be willing to roll with -- as would anyone who felt how you expressed you felt. Them sleeping with someone else at the tail end when the relationship that you didn't want is no more alive than Bernie was in "Weekend at Bernie's", would be misleading to label it as "Guy #2 eventually dumped me for someone else" -- just because when the finality Did happen, it felt like that.

On to Guy #1 again...

He invited me to his place for supper and to stay overnight and I was looking forward to it. I dropped the kids off with their grandparents for a visit that had been planned a long time ago and drove almost one and a half hours to see him. I texted him to tell him I was about 10 minutes away, he said good and see you soon, but I couldn't remember his exact address to put in the gps so I texted him to ask and he texted back "sorry, I just realized I can't" and he blocked me on Messenger and his phone and pof. No explanation or anything so I sat crying on the side of the highway for an hour and drove home.

OMG that's absolutely horrible if this is the full, true story to it all. Seriously that's really bad -- not just a guy being a jerk or a WTH moment. It's not like it was some guy you never met from online, and you whimsically agree to meet on the fly, drive a good ways to see him, then he does that. That goes with the territory on those stunts. But this is totally different -- so yeah, that kills. Yikes.

The only way I could see him being (merely) insensitive and a jerk, is if there were some more understandable & important details at play. Like, you having to change the time you'd get there a lot, which could drive any guy or gal on the other end frustrated... or you argued some via text and it struck a light to them that they can't again.

But I will say this: No, him saying he can't do it -- it's not inevitable with ex's. Not that situation. Far more often than not, one's not going to be left out to dry like that, as you were. The real concern is getting Back with them if they left you out of the blue way back when. Basically, you can have your moment when so much time has passed + you both are in a situation where you'd want some affection. Helps the past + helps the present due to timing. I've had that. But chasing a romantic relationship Again -- now that's what's close to inevitably not happening if one left the other out of the blue many years prior.
 JJBean21
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/31/2019 7:55:28 PM
Well I have to respond since I just invested so much time reading this saga. I feel for you, I really do. It totally sucks when you are attracted to someone physically and emotionally. She was a thrill seeker, needed attention from her boring old man, stuck in a rut marriage with three kids. That scenario was not enuff for her narcissitic personality.

Goggle narcissist personality disorder and you will read all about her. She throws you some lame crumbs just to see if she still has control over you. That's sick. She's an insecure woman who is also immature. Yes, the attention she gave you made you feel good. But at who's expense? You wanted more. She's just playing.

That's not a nice person to spend your life with is it? She'll jerk you around as long as you allow it. Don't hope she'll wake up and come to her senses. Just block her, ignore her, and move on. She is not going to change but for 5 minutes to see if she can reel you in. It is not worth it. Trust is lost on this one.

Best wishes....JJ
 Inicia
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2019 5:36:38 PM

i don't want her to think I am stalking her
lol just that roll around as you revisit your interest and behavior> a woman (45 yrs old with a bad marriage and three children under her belt) who clearly expressed i am holding you back from a normal single no children 38 yr old peoples' pursuits in life, can we please be friends ( i am fond of you as a human being), i don't feel it (sexual intimate relationship attraction) for you anymore..
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Any chance she might come back?