Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Modern dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CBGB77
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Modern datingPage 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

Posted By: cooldog65 on 7/25/2018 251 PM
Subject: Modern dating

I don't think any broads from Noo Yawk are ladies. I was thinking of another four letter word...

The prettiest girls live in Brooklyn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGKZCDmPLvg
 cooldog65
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/26/2018 7:19:03 AM

The prettiest girls live in Brooklyn.

I only saw one. The rest were 5s who thought they were 10s...
 sun_water
Msg: 153
Modern dating
Posted: 7/26/2018 7:38:52 AM

Not really. A person could be flame-throwing hot but if they have the personality of a brick wall, or are rude/disrespectful...we aren't having any chemistry and I'll never see them again. I've only met guys from OLD who I found to be physically attractive and still had no spark or connection with them. My point was, it takes MORE than looks to cultivate any meaningful connections. With OLD, all you're going off of is some pixels, nothing substantial, which is why many first meets go nowhere.

When I'm not interested in seeing a man again, it is often because of his personality or attitude. He did or said some thing(s) during a date that are clear turn offs. Or sometimes he might be polite and respectful. But I felt that we weren't compatible after going out on some dates with him.
 ssm508
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/26/2018 8:04:49 AM

That sounds more like what happens when you meet a woman that's average as opposed to one that knocks your socks off.

Sure an physical attractive woman may have more leeway. A man may go out on a second date with a physically attractive woman. But not an okay looking in the same situation. But my overall point about not having instant chemistry with an physically attractive woman remains.
 julystorm22
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/26/2018 9:22:18 AM

He doesn't have to be rich. But he should make enough money to support himself. Even if he has a modest lifestyle."

But is that guy still expected to pay for all of the dates, even if a woman he dates makes more money?

No, but that is still a relatively rare situation. Most men past 30 make more money than their dates. Yes, there are still some women that make more money but it's definitely not the norm. In my local economy, men tend to work in the mining, gas, oil, farming, trades or railway sectors and those are really good wages while women tend to work in the retail, food services, social services or health care sectors. Something that has long bothered me is that even in the healthcare and social services sectors which have probably 95% females working in them, men are still often the managers. I once asked why that was to my brother who also works in admin for the health region and he said its because men tend to apply for the positions and women often don't.

I do know that there are women who work in the predominantly male sectors. My aunt who was a railway engineer is one exception I can name but though she did lots of dating, she probably went 30 years without a longterm relationship. In her experience, she seemed to attract a lot of bottom-feeders, men who barely scraped by because they were lazy and looking for a sugar mama. And the nice normal guys didn't go for her because she worked long hours and spent a lot of time away from home plus she couldn't have kids.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/26/2018 4:22:03 PM
^^^^^
July did your aunt ever mention she was always on call. Train crews almost always have no fixed schedules and it plays havoc on their social life. She worked for CN I'm guessing.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/26/2018 5:17:01 PM

When I'm not interested in seeing a man again, it is often because of his personality or attitude. He did or said some thing(s) during a date that are clear turn offs. Or sometimes he might be polite and respectful. But I felt that we weren't compatible after going out on some dates with him.

I think when us seeing them for the first time usually has the definite-No on looks taken care of. At the same time, looks can still be good-enough, but not great. The closer to the 'border' on looks the person is, the more picky we're going to be about everything else. The things that hit the senses -- visual (and auditory can play a role) -- also help shape the lens in which we size them up altogether.
 julystorm22
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/26/2018 8:11:53 PM
Reasons people agree to meet in person for a first "date":

1) They thought the person was attractive-looking by their picture
2) They like the overall facts about the person (height, job, status, etc.)
3) They liked the sound of someone's voice on the phone.
4) They liked the conversations they had via text/chat.
5) No better options have presented themselves.
6) They want to have sex and this person seems easy and satisfactory-enough for sex.

Reasons people continue to date someone after a first date:

1) They are attracted to the person physically.
2) They really liked the person's character/personality and had good conversations.
3) They like the way the person looks beside them in public.
4) They don't want to be single and therefore alone.
5) The sex was very good.

Reasons people do not continue to date someone:

1) The person is not attractive to them, zero physical chemistry.
2) The person is boring, annoying or unpleasant to be around.
3) They do not want to be seen in public with this person.
4) They are okay withe staying single.
5) The sex was bad.
 ssm508
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/27/2018 3:46:28 PM

Reasons people do not continue to date someone:

1) The person is not attractive to them, zero physical chemistry.
2) The person is boring, annoying or unpleasant to be around.
3) They do not want to be seen in public with this person.
4) They are okay withe staying single.
5) The sex was bad.

There are other possible reasons. They went out with another person that they liked a little bit better. They got back together with an ex. They were looking to cheat and had second thoughts about doing so.
 Coma_White
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/28/2018 10:47:16 AM

I think most men wouldn't want to have sex with someone who is good looking after her telling them that she murders people. The people who are turned on by murderers have some mental issues, you are talking about yourself, not most people. You can tell the people here who constantly find everything to be a sexual turn on, it is simple, stay away from them.

I don't mean men have a fetish for serial killers, I meant all women have to do is show up and look pretty. I think most men wouldn't care what kind of terrible things a woman has done in the past, if she's attractive, they'll want to be with her. A guy might think it's cool if a woman likes the same sports team or has cool hobbies, but that has no bearing on how she appeals to him as a sexual partner.

There are other possible reasons. They went out with another person that they liked a little bit better. They got back together with an ex. They were looking to cheat and had second thoughts about doing so.

Absolutely. Those of some of the main reasons people disappear from online dating websites.
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/28/2018 1:41:43 PM
^Women should be doing much more, than just turning up though n if they are not, then why is a man bothering to make the effort? It take's two to start a romance n one person can't hold the load, Everything in dating is about the man serving the woman, so he can get a piece of the pie, but the expectations are getting far too high n man hating organised mob movements, like metoo make dating, so much harder for men n women"
 billgann
Msg: 162
Modern dating
Posted: 7/28/2018 2:16:46 PM

"I think most men wouldn't care what kind of terrible things a woman has done in the past, if she's attractive, they'll want to be with her."

Under no circumstances would I want to be with or even near Lorena Bobbitt. I don't car how attractive she might be.
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 163
any biker coulda toldya "bob it" was a red flag
Posted: 7/28/2018 3:27:44 PM
awwww, c'mon, she's a cut above the rest. Any way you slice it, some fella will tell himself he'd never abuse her the way John did, and so he was going to have an edge.
 ssm508
Msg: 164
view profile
History
any biker coulda toldya bob it was a red flag
Posted: 7/28/2018 4:07:11 PM

I think most men wouldn't care what kind of terrible things a woman has done in the past, if she's attractive, they'll want to be with her

No. If a woman was attractive. But didn't have a good personality or attitude, then at best she would be a booty call. At worst, it would be "run for the hills". Certainly wouldn't have a serious relationship with such as a woman.
 ohenryx
Msg: 165
view profile
History
any biker coulda toldya bob it was a red flag
Posted: 7/28/2018 4:48:34 PM

billgann
Under no circumstances would I want to be with or even near Lorena Bobbitt. I don't car how attractive she might be

I like your sense of humor.

MachIMustangII
awwww, c'mon, she's a cut above the rest. Any way you slice it, some fella will tell himself he'd never abuse her the way John did, and so he was going to have an edge.

Okay, okay, we get your point
 backcreek7
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/28/2018 6:01:23 PM

Everything in dating is about the man serving the woman, so he can get a piece of the pie

..... ^^^ WOW ! This is the sentence every dip s*hit should have to come out with first ( in person ) ~ before actually starting a date.
..... Every woman is entitled to hear what a bizarre, warped mother f-er they have in front of them. Then they can decide if they want to proceed further.

..... A man doesn't serve anyone but his own conscience ~ he is not desperate for sex, because he knows how to treat women.
I think someone here, is wallowing in their own private little pity party ~ devoid of conscience " n " doesn't deserve a decent woman ( wan wan wan, cry yourself a river )
 MsMicki
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/28/2018 7:25:23 PM

Everything in dating is about the man serving the woman, so he can get a piece of the pie

then you either dating the wrong women....or need to learn how to date...
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/29/2018 3:00:12 AM
^Dating advice from a bitter old woman, who has been on this site for 12 yrs lol, I don't think u are in any position to give out any kind of advice n it's obvious that men don't want u"

Backside, U are a white knight simp mangina n weak spineless males like u are one of the main reasons dating has become so hard for men, because u n arseholes like u always make excuses for women no matter what, but never stand upto women, because u don't have the balls too"
 backcreek7
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/29/2018 8:18:44 AM

so hard for men

^^^ wan wan wan ( quit your cryin' baby)

^^^^ the manofnonsense speaks again ~
... if you can call that ^ speech, I certainly can't ( you poor pathetic thing ~ you must have dropped your pacifier , better check your crib, it's probably under your blanky )

lmao
 MsMicki
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/29/2018 8:27:37 AM

Dating advice from a bitter old woman, who has been on this site for 12 yrs lol, I don't think u are in any position to give out any kind of advice n it's obvious that men don't want u"

bitter? I'm the one in a relationship....you're the one on her whining like a 2 year old!!

I stand by my statement....if you (generic you) are the only one contributing to the dating/relationship process....
then you are dating the wrong person!!
A woman that truly likes her man, will go to great lengths to please him.
If she is not doing that....she either doesn't really like him as a person.....or she's a selfish ****....either way YOU chose wrong.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/29/2018 10:14:06 AM
A relationship is supposed to be mutual giving and recieving. When it becomes imbalanced one person in the couple usually becomes disatissified and contempt builds for their partner in some cases.
I think what is important is each person expects from the other person what they gladly provide and provide naturally. If there has to be constant compromises or arguements, it probably is a matter of incompatibility more than anything.
 Coma_White
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/29/2018 11:55:37 AM

A woman that truly likes her man, will go to great lengths to please him.
If she is not doing that....she either doesn't really like him as a person.....or she's a selfish ****....either way YOU chose wrong.

Apparently I'm very bad at picking women then. They're either completely selfish or they put on a show at first and then drop their mask later on.
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/29/2018 12:40:45 PM
^They put on a nice show, until a man gets into a long term relationship with them n then they show their true colours, they start using their manipulative tactics, they start trying to dictate to a man, what he should be n take a man for granted, they start to become very selfish n self entitled, so it becomes all about them n not about the relationship anymore, they sell the lie, that they are a kind heart women n will do anything to help someone, who needs it, but it's all for show n their heart is really made of stone, cause they are an ice queen, void of emotions or feelings"

"It's one of a few clear reasons why the divorce rate is so high in the west n the reason why men have started to speak out against, women's selfish behaver, greedy behaver, manipulative behaver, cold hearted behaver, controlling behaver n self entitlement syndrome, because men are getting sick n tired of it!!!!" Maybe western women's attitudes might change, when they have competition from female sex robots, cause they might have to rethink a few things:)))))"
 MachIMustangII
Msg: 174
Modern dating
Posted: 7/29/2018 1:03:50 PM
"Okay, okay, we get your point"

>>aww man, don't get so sharp with me :)

As for women putting on a show, there are some who do, and we fall for it. sometimes, when something is too good to be true, we BS ourselves to fall for it. The best defense is to not risk offering anything we can't afford to lose...until we get to know them better. I've had people prove the old joke, "normal people are just those we haven't had a chance to get to know yet", and its annoying when we get to know someone suffers from the same ol' human weaknesses. Probably why I prefer to chase the hotties, at least there's "something" gained :)

but that assumes we've developed a good BS filter. some people look for a specific someone to date, and as such, fall for any act that looks close enough. some just want a warm body, and so they ignore red flags. and so on. sometimes, success in dating isn't finding the right person, its recovering from the disappointments without losing our faith in humanity or our minds.
 MsMicki
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Modern dating
Posted: 7/29/2018 1:53:17 PM

Apparently I'm very bad at picking women then. They're either completely selfish or they put on a show at first and then drop their mask later on

Isn't gender specific by any means....just as many men doing it too!!
That is why you should not move in/marry Someone quickly!!

But Yeah....If every woman you have dated does this...you might self reflect on the type of woman you are picking...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Modern dating