Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do women want to be judged on their looks?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Do women want to be judged on their looks?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I think it's more about women having "ideal possible selves" that they have generated over time. For example a girl as a child to tween may see others wearing certain makeup and clothing. They might also observe common physical qualities in ads and common topics in ads and use all these things to form a basis for their ideal possible self. As they don't look exactly like or dress exactly like their ideal possible self this creates self-discrepancy which causes psychological discomfort. This discomfort motivates them either become more like the ideal or to change their ideal possible self. So for example a girl may see women wearing certain make up and think wow that looks pretty and think that represents beauty and how she wants to look and come across. So as a result start wearing her make up like that to become more like the ideal self. Alternatively they may try to not focus on or try to change possible ideal selves as they some may be too unattainable and result in too much psychological discomfort.
For example an athlete might have an ideal possible self as winning the olympics but because thinking about this causes too much discomfort as it is very self discrepant, they may change their ideal possible self to be just winning nationals or locals.
See self-discrepancy theory by Higgins, 1987
and Possible selves as discussed by Markus & Nurius, 1986
 whiterose0
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Do women want to be judged on their looks?
Posted: 9/13/2018 3:58:56 PM

Why didnt' you just say what thread you meant in the first place.

Because you had already admitted to reporting me. You just chose to feign ignorance about it, hoping I wouldn’t remember where it occurred.

You know, not everything is about you. When I made that comment, It had nothing to do with you.

Of course, it was about me. You quoted my post, so it was obvious you were directing it at me. Don’t piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining.

The general tone of that thread had gone past the normal state of nasty,in my opinion. YOU were free to keep posting, YOU chose not to.

I made that decision because Blondie has another fake profile (I-am-con-sti-pat-ed) who took a swipe at me in that same thread, and I wasn’t going to allow myself to be set up and baited into an argument by you two.

Since when do you ever listen to me? I did report that thread, that it was getting really nasty, no one in particular though, so did several others.

For the third time, if a thread offends your sensibilities, you’re free to leave that thread. That’s what rational adults do in an unmoderated forum. They don’t try to get people removed.

I know this because I received a message back saying, "duly noted, several times". I thought everyone should know, so they could choose whether to keep posting. I could have just kept my trap shut and said nothing. Believe me, I'm not afraid of you, if I were referring only to you in that thread, I would have said, YOU. You are just so darn sure I'm out to get you. If I have something to say to you specifically, I certainly wouldn't hold back.

How magnanimous of you to be so concerned about other posters getting nuked. And actually, you did use the word, “YOU” in that post. Twice.

I'm not really all that sure why it pisses you off so much that I said, I was going to start reporting your nastiness. It's not like you dont report me, and have admitted as much. Only difference is, I DON'T CARE. This isnt my full time job or anything. I understand you are retired and probably haven't much else to do, Im just here to post and blow off steam. It's really not all that hard to make another profile.

Actually, I didn’t report you until you threatened to report me. I don’t take kindly to being threatened. I think most people are the same way. I have no reason to try to silence people I disagree with. I’m always up for a good debate or argument. It’s too bad that you can’t have one without stooping to name-calling. You’ve also started parroting back everything I’ve said to you previously. Are you not capable of any original thoughts of your own?

Its hilarious how paranoid you are. You think we have this big cartel out to get you. LOL I told you before. I wouldn't pee on either of you if you were on fire. I dislike you both the same, NO, that's a lie, I dislike you a little more. I'm friends with absolutely NO ONE here. I don't need people to back me up or be my posse.

You’re projecting your own paranoia onto me. I have no posse to back me up. It’s interesting that you think I wield that kind of power over the opinions of other posters. It says a lot about you. The other woman that tracked your postings and called you out on your BS decided to do that on her own accord. I had nothing to do with it.

I’m quite capable of standing my own ground. I have a right to my opinions just like everyone else, YOU don't like them? too bad. Scroll on by.

BUT, BUT, BUT, I’m entitled to my opinions as well, so why the reporting? If you don’t like my opinions, you scroll on by too. Can you not see how self-righteous you’re being?

I think its disgusting how you pile on someone in particular, then have the audacity to call others a bully. YOU are NO better.

Who? Your buddy, Blondie? She doesn’t just give her opinions. She puts down other women’s looks, including mine, and has done it for years. She recently accused MsMicki of enabling a child-molester, and suggested her current partner was a pervert for taking his granddaughter on a vacation. Now THAT was disgusting.

I've been telling you for two days now. Mind your own business and quit being so dang snarky and we will get along just fine. I am really glad to hear you admit your nose isn't clean though, we are making progress.

Until you show by your actions that you’re willing to practice what you preach, there won’t be any progress. You can put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Posted: 9/14/2018 6:31:54 AM

Because you had already admitted to reporting me. You just chose to feign ignorance about it, hoping I wouldn’t remember where it occurred.

I have reported your nastiness before, not on that particular thread though, Like I posted in that thread, I reported THE THREAD, NOT YOU. If I reported YOU in that thread, I would tell you in a second. I am curious though, If you aren't skyes, like you claim, why are you so concerned about who gets attributed with the mom jeans comment? Something fishy there. Just like true Skyes fashion, you always have to have the last post. Your charade sure is entertaining, if nothing else.

For the third time, if a thread offends your sensibilities, you’re free to leave that thread. That’s what rational adults do in an unmoderated forum. They don’t try to get people removed.

I'm also free to report the thread, which I did. Sometimes, someone needs to step up and be the adult in the room. I know it interferes with your nasty tirades sometimes, but a girl has to do what a girl has to do. If I were really all that intent on having you removed, or anyone else for that matter, I would have said nothing. A time out was needed, in my opinion, it was your choice whether to continue posting or not. YOU proceeded with the information YOU had. If you were really all that offended, you could have kept posting. If its any consolation, I think YOU made the right choice, good job!

How magnanimous of you to be so concerned about other posters getting nuked. And actually, you did use the word, “YOU” in that post. Twice.

See, I'm not bitter, like some others, my whole intent was just to settle things down in a nasty out of control thread. NOT get anyone nuked. If you want to continue to believe, some other posters and I, One who I think is a racist, who I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire, have this huge vendetta toward you, go ahead. The only posts I'm accountable for are my own. I don't hold secret private message planning plots with people, like some others. I prefer the direct to your face route. YOU really aren't all that important to me. I don't go over your profile, or your posting history, digging dirt, in true Skyes fashion. I do agree with the girls in the dinner thread who stated they wouldn't date a man who didn't want to pay for the date. To me, that shows lack of character, to others, maybe not so much. Date like minded people as far as I'm concerned.

It’s interesting that you think I wield that kind of power over the opinions of other posters. It says a lot about you.

But you think I have this triangle of posters against YOU, Let me guess, that says NOTHING about YOU. YOu are funny!.

The other woman that tracked your postings and called you out on your BS decided to do that on her own accord. I had nothing to do with it.

Now this I find amusing. You guys really need to get over your obsession with me. I'm really not all that important that you need to be tracking my postings. LOL I've heard it all now. YOU guys do realize this is just a forum, it isn't life or death. Is the F.B.I going to show up at my door next? LOLOL how pathetic. Some people need to get a life. hahahhahahhahhahhahha. Why does that tune, SECRET AGENT MAN, keep running through my head. lolololo.
btw, you accuse me of trying to be moderator, how about that keeping track of my posts and calling me out on them. Who's MODERATING NOW? The more you post, the more entertaining if becomes ripping your shiat to shreds, you hypocrite.

Who? Your buddy, Blondie? She doesn’t just give her opinions. She puts down other women’s looks, including mine, and has done it for years. She recently accused MsMicki of enabling a child-molester, and suggested her current partner was a pervert for taking his granddaughter on a vacation. Now THAT was disgusting.

Does Blondie say things that are out of line? Certainly she does, have you ever really sat back and listened to some of the shiat you throw back at her? YOU are every bit as bad, without a doubt. If you are participating, you are just as guilty. There is no pass for retaliatory posts, even for YOU. The YOU i'm referring to is YOU included. Shall I dig up some examples? Don't go pleading innocent.

You can put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Someone is smoking something in a pipe alright, and it ain't me.
Posted: 9/14/2018 6:37:45 AM
I apologize Sienna, and others, for interrupting your convo with nonsense. Carry on, I'm Out, she can argue with herself . Besides, I'm sure the F.B.I. are at my door. hahahahaha
In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 cooldog65
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2018 6:59:31 AM
This will settle the mom jeans debate. A poster name alpha_waves replied to Henry with this line:

"My pictures are better than yours there, Dad Jeans."

It was post 70 from this thread:

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/16648674datingPostpage3.aspx
Posted: 9/14/2018 8:28:11 AM

"My pictures are better than yours there, Dad Jeans."

I wasn't really following this argument too closely but I did recall someone figured out who made the comment. I've heard of mom jeans before, but what the hell are dad jeans.? LOL
 cooldog65
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2018 8:51:56 AM

I wasn't really following this argument too closely but I did recall someone figured out who made the comment.

It was me on page 71 of the "who pays" thread.

I've heard of mom jeans before, but what the hell are dad jeans.? LOL

I think they are kind of frumpy looking with a sort of light blue color to them. My best guess.
 whiterose0
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2018 8:54:54 AM

Carry on, I'm Out, she can argue with herself

Oh, I have no doubt you’ll be back to attempt to get in the last word.

I have reported your nastiness before, not on that particular thread though, Like I posted in that thread, I reported THE THREAD, NOT YOU.

If you just simply reported the thread, you wouldn’t have quoted my post. I wasn’t born yesterday. You likely have reported me before, only this time you called it to my attention. I’m glad you outed yourself as a reporter, though, because now that people know that about you, they can report your hypocritical a$$ accordingly.

I am curious though, If you aren't skyes, like you claim, why are you so concerned about who gets attributed with the mom jeans comment? Something fishy there. Just like true Skyes fashion, you always have to have the last post. Your charade sure is entertaining, if nothing else.

Nothing fishy about it. There’s a simple explanation for that. Like everyone else in here, I have my favorite posters whose posts I like to follow. HS was one of them. Pig was another. Also, like everyone else in here, I follow the posts of people I have a disdain for. Both HS and I just happened to share a mutual disdain for NewYorker's posts.

I'm also free to report the thread, which I did.

Yes, you are. You’re also free to tell everyone that you’re someone who reports people; and if you’re willing to accept the consequences that go along with that action, then good for you.

Sometimes, someone needs to step up and be the adult in the room.

But that adult in the room ISN'T you. If you were not one of the nastiest, snarkiest women in the forums, you might be able to get away with it without being called out as a hypocrite. The only person whose job is to call a time out, is a moderator, and that ISN’T you.

YOU proceeded with the information YOU had. If you were really all that offended, you could have kept posting. If its any consolation, I think YOU made the right choice, good job!

As I said before, my decision was based on Blondie’s other fake profile taking a swipe at me - which you haven’t denied, curiously enough. It was not based on being intimidated by your threats. But you can rest assured that if you continue to try to act as the forum police in here, it’s going to backfire on you, just as it did with Tall-IQ.

See, I'm not bitter, like some others, my whole intent was just to settle things down in a nasty out of control thread.

Who said you were bitter? It was just a power play on your part because your ego is out of control.

If you want to continue to believe, some other posters and I, One who I think is a racist, who I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire, have this huge vendetta toward you, go ahead.

Now that was passive-aggressive. Who is this racist you’re speaking of? If you’re going to accuse someone of being a racist, why not just say who they are? Don’t be shy.

But you think I have this triangle of posters against YOU, Let me guess, that says NOTHING about YOU. YOu are funny!.

There are three posters, two of whom are a tag-team – you and blondie. That’s a fact. No matter what shyt comes out of Blondie’s mouth, you’re there to defend her honor. It happens over and over again.

Who's MODERATING NOW?

Just because a few of us follow your posts to see what BS you’ll come up with next, doesn’t mean we’re moderating. Get over yourself.

Does Blondie say things that are out of line? Certainly she does, have you ever really sat back and listened to some of the shiat you throw back at her? YOU are every bit as bad, without a doubt. If you are participating, you are just as guilty. There is no pass for retaliatory posts, even for YOU. The YOU i'm referring to is YOU included. Shall I dig up some examples? Don't go pleading innocent.

Yes, please do. If you’re going to make accusations that I’ve thrown anything back at Blondie that even remotely begins to approach the level of nastiness she flings out, then YOU produce the proof and post it here. Otherwise, you’re just talking out of your a$$.
 Rumours
Msg: 109
Posted: 9/14/2018 9:04:30 AM
I thought Dad jeans are when they are pulled up over the belly and usually secured with a belt...or are they elasticized waist?
I prefer the suspender look...myself.
Posted: 9/14/2018 10:23:21 AM

I thought Dad jeans are when they are pulled up over the belly and usually secured with a belt...or are they elasticized waist?
I prefer the suspender look...myself.

LOL, too funny. Yep, suspenders are the way to go!
 whiterose0
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2018 10:34:44 AM

Rumours, no, they can have a belt:

http://cdn03.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/farrell-seven/colin-farrell-seven-psychopaths-10.jpg
 Rumours
Msg: 112
Posted: 9/14/2018 12:30:15 PM
^^^Yes.... some stomachs are bigger than others....
No shame in untucked shirts...I say.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2018 1:45:07 PM
^^^I don't mind the occasional working man's butt crack.
Just sayin'

hahahah
(Smile)
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2018 1:47:11 PM
This woman discusing why she got her plastic surgeries supports Markus and Nurius possible selves theory along with self-dicrepancy theory.
https://youtu.be/ISlHcyYZwx8
At 1 minute mark she discusses that she had an image (ideal possible self image) of herself in her head vs her idealized drawings vs her actual modeling pictures showing she doesn't look like het ideal possible self. Resulting in her getting plastic surgery to reduce the self-discrepancy.
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2018 2:57:21 PM
"I think a large majority of western women, need the validation from other women and men on their appearance, so they will spend hours behind the mirror applying masses of make-up, just to sell the illusion, that they are a 7 or 8, when they are in reality, without make-up, only a 5 or six"
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2018 4:43:11 PM
Do women want to be judged on their looks? Does anyone want to be judged? Heck, even people in court being "judged" probably aren't relishing the experience. Unless they're being awarded a generous settlement of some sort.

What does judgement mean in this case? And, someone who one person may consider good looking may not appeal to everyone. There is more to seeing than sight and appearance. There is beauty in all. Judge not, lest ye be judged....

Not sure where I heard that, it might have been the Bible? Sounded appropriate to me though.
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2018 5:36:44 PM
Cosmetic plastic surgery is big business, Do people go through it to look physically worse?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Do women want to be judged on their looks?