Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > new 'mature age' way of saying no without actually saying no      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 51
view profile
History
new 'mature age' way of saying no without actually saying noPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

Its hard for me to understand that no response is better than the truth

First, no response to a random email is Not Untruthful. At all. Second, most Canned Responses are Not the truth. Partial, at best. Being polite does not = truth. Usually it lacks in it. Which is why stepping aside from the silly game of responding to some random person who sends you an email is the best common-sense route.

I can only imagine if I took truth serum AND had to respond to every gal who wrote me. Granted, it takes the whole time I've ever used dating sites to now, to equal a gal's summer of singlehood online. If I had to tell the truth, the Whole truth, and nothing but the truth -- it wouldn't be pretty (and neither were most of the gals). Again, common-sense is to not reply to random emailers. Almost all don't expect replies, either.
 ssm508
Msg: 52
view profile
History
new 'mature age' way of saying no without actually saying no
Posted: 9/2/2018 2:38:18 PM

No response is better than the truth, which may make him angry.

No response is better than blocking, because too many blocks will get his profile deleted.

If you're not interested, the best thing to do is ignore, ignore, ignore.

Some people will simply get mad because they were rejected. Whether it's was a "No thanks" or no response. Some women (and men as well) have told me they got rude emails because they didn't respond. Other women alluded to that in profiles. Saying something like "Don't get mad and call me names if I don't respond." That being said, rejecting someone in a tactless or rude way such as "I don't date fat people" is uncalled for.
 willrun4cake
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 7:50:59 PM
I don't think most people "want" the actual truth. When I first started OLD, I would try to politely decline when I wasn't interested. But most or at least half responded badly so I stopped. Most will try a couple times and I have no issue with that. You never know unless you try. But a couple of ignored hellos should be enough to get the point. I've only blocked two or three men over the years I've been doing the online thing. Most I just ignore.
 zonavar68
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2018 5:06:56 PM
"thankyou...I'm at work atm so hard to chat.."

Then no followup to a polite reply and now the profile is deleted! Guess that was YAF (Yet Another Fake) or perhaps a match.com staff member running a bot to flood the site with fake profiles that all have odd similarities...
 Seahorse_Jockey
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/7/2018 5:42:33 PM
nyet
Nein
ingen
nej
nei
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > new 'mature age' way of saying no without actually saying no