Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > black woman parks in handicap space, demands justice      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tomfiend
Msg: 26
black woman parks in handicap space, demands justicePage 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I rarely go back into the archives, going strictly by memory, but didn't you say your ex died of a drug overdose? You were recently shot in the head? Wow...how did 5hat happen? You are on the older side to get into a physical altercation.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 27
view profile
History
black woman parks in handicap space, demands justice
Posted: 7/30/2018 1:59:16 PM
"Bill", it's in the stand your ground law. I'm not reading thru what you posted. He has the law on his side, regardless if it's morally right. I didn't hear what the man that was killed said to the shooter that could also play into him shooting him.

If someone breaks into your home and has your TV in their hands when you see them and the person says they're sorry, they will leave peaceably, you can still shoot them dead. The law is on your side, so then the moral of the story is, don't put yourself in a position legally to get shot.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand-your-ground_law
 HawkingJr
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2018 2:45:23 PM
“If someone breaks into your home and has your TV in their hands when you see them and the person says they're sorry, they will leave peaceably, you can still shoot them dead.”

You’re seriously comparing someone breaking into a house and attempting to rob the homeowner with someone pushing a guy out of the way on a public street during an argument over a parking space, started by the person with the gun? In your mind, you REALLY believe these are equivalent events?

All right, then – using your logic and applying my state’s law to Brussels, shouldn’t Dusko Markovic have been able to shoot Trump when Trump shoved him out of the way at last year’s NATO summit?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-shove-montenegro-prime-minister-dusko-markovic-nato-summit-brussels-a7756186.html

You tell me why Markovic (who it turns out leads a country Trump has no respect for) shouldn’t be allowed to shoot Trump if he had a gun and this had taken place in Tampa (where Trump will coincidentally be tomorrow night – I look forward to shooting the bird at his motorcade. As an aside, in 2004 I got stuck on the opposite side of the interstate from Bush’s motorcade and when I realized that’s what the situation was, I gave his limo the finger. Should Bush have been allowed to shoot me?)

I like how all the conservative white people are rushing to Drejka’s defense, despite shooting a black man who was stepping away from him (if McGlockton had been charging Drejka after he drew the gun, nobody here would be defending McGlockton) and having a history of flashing his gun and harassing people for illegal parking – yet for some reason, not a conservative white person made a peep when in the same Bay area, black man Trevor Dooley shot white man David James but was not allowed to use the Stand Your Ground law as a defense, because these same law enforcement leaders said it didn’t apply in his case because he “started it.”

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/trevor-dooley-who-killed-neighbor-on-valrico-basketball-court-gets-new/2274326

Note that the 2 cases are almost identical in every way, except one: Dooley decided instead of calling the cops he’d go yell at a bunch of kids for skateboarding on a basketball court across from his house. James intervened on behalf of the kids and he and Dooley got into an argument. The older, weaker, smaller Dooley flashed his gun as a warning (as Drejka had done before) – then James RUSHED Dooley, they struggled for the gun and James ended up shot to death. But somehow, even though James, unlike McGlockton, kept going at Dooley after seeing the gun, Dooley was not allowed to use Stand Your Ground and was convicted of manslaughter and sentenced to 8 years.

So where’s your defense of Mr. Dooley, LGL and New Yorker? Where’s your outrage that he was unfairly imprisoned for Standing His Ground? Why have I never heard either one of you say something to the effect that David James got what he deserved?

I think we all know why.

Interestingly, several Republican Florida representatives and even an NRA lobbyist who helped write Stand Your Ground believe the Pinellas County sheriff was wrong in not charging McGlockton:

https://reason.com/blog/2018/07/30/authors-of-floridas-stand-your-ground-la

"NRA's Marion Hammer, who lobbied Florida legislators to pass the Stand Your Ground law in 2005 and strengthen its protections for defendants in 2017. 'Nothing in either the 2005 law or the 2017 law prohibits a Sheriff from making an arrest in a case where a person claims self-defense if there is probable cause that the use of force was unlawful.'"

When you are to the right of Marion Hammer... then you are on a SERIOUSLY HIGH LEVEL OF RACISM, because that old bat is about as over-the-top as anyone could possibly be when it comes to gun rights.
 LGL1975
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2018 7:18:31 PM

Interestingly, several Republican Florida representatives and even an NRA lobbyist who helped write Stand Your Ground believe the Pinellas County sheriff was wrong in not charging McGlockton:

McGlockton is dead you idiot how can he be charged with anything? And you've completely misrepresented what the NRA representative said about this case. It's obvious you don't understand the law at all. Let me break it down for you homie.

The Florida stand your ground law has two basic components. Part one eliminates the "duty to retreat". Lots of states have done this. And it's not that controversial because it has always been difficult to prove that someone in a life or death situation should have retreated instead of using deadly force. You just have to say you were afraid he would come back and kill you. So all this "stand your ground" law does is eliminate a lot of unnecessary trials of people who are not going to be convicted anyway because they had a legitimate fear that their lives were in danger.

The second part of the "stand your ground" law does the same thing. It requires police and prosecutors to show "probable cause" before they can charge someone who has used deadly force. Before the burden of proof was on the defendant. Under the new law the sheriff can't put Drejka in jail until he has probable cause that he committed a crime. And that's not unreasonable. If the sheriff finds evidence to make an arrest he can do so. Until then Djerka is a free man.

So to recap. Black life matters are stupid because they want to blame police brutality on white people. Rather than acknowledging that police routinely murder people of of all races. So the problem has nothing to do with how whites treat blacks but how police and other people in positions of power have become corrupt and no longer respect the rights of citizens.

And now the blacks are being told that this law that merely prevents the sheriff from arresting people until he has actual evidence that those people are guilty of a crime is "racism!!!".

Pathetic... you blacks are your own worst enemy.
 LGL1975
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2018 7:44:24 PM

Not to mention the shooter was "verbally" assaulting and antagonizing the man who eventually shoved the shooter in an effort to get him out of his face?

No he wasn't. Djerka was talking to Mrs Jacobs who was in her car. There was no communication between McGlockton and Djerka prior to the assault.

The argument only escalated when Jacobs saw her boyfriend returning from the store. That's when she got out of the car and approached Djerka in an aggressive manner while her boyfriend prepared his assault.
 mungo_joe
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2018 9:15:20 PM

Pathetic... you blacks are your own worst enemy.

I guess Hawking called that one...

Couldn't have made it more obvious... if you had waved the stars and bars... and yelled... "Fetch me my lynchin' rope, ma!"...
 NewYorker58
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2018 11:57:21 PM
The only racist I see here is you, Hawking. All white people are racists to you. You've got a lot of hate in your heart, between your issue with Caucasian people, and your irrational ongoing hate for Trump.

My comparison was similar, except what the dead guy did was worse. Burglars just want your stuff most times, where the dead guy actually assaulted someone.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2018 4:50:52 AM
I noticed neither one of you addressed Trump shoving Markovic or Trevor Dooley’s situation. Why is that? I think we all know why.

“McGlockton is dead you idiot how can he be charged with anything?”

You’re going to jump all over me for a typo, then proceed to misspell “Drejka” 5 times? And also “homey”? You seriously think I’m from “the Hood”? You seem like one of those characters who thinks all black people are from the “the Hood.” I grew up in rural Alabama, in a 99% white area, with more proud KKK members and rodeo stars than black people – and my parents are teachers with masters degrees. So Homey don’t play that.

“Black life matters are stupid because they want to blame police brutality on white people.”

Although your copy-and-paste of what Florida’s Stand Your Ground Law says is more or less correct, what the hell do Black Lives Matter and police brutality have to do with the Drejka case? If Drejka had involved the police instead of becoming a savage vigilante killing people over parking spaces, McGlockton would be alive, his child would have a father and Drejka wouldn’t be sitting at home sweating bullets (hah!) about a possible indictment from the Pinellas County attorney. As it so happens, the police had nothing to do with this shooting. And if they did, they don’t need a Stand Your Ground defense because... they’re the police. So that was a pretty pointless tangent on this topic (YOUR topic). Ignorance is your worst enemy.

“The only racist I see here is you, Hawking. All white people are racists to you. You've got a lot of hate in your heart, between your issue with Caucasian people”

Yes, this description seems accurate, considering I am half white, nearly all my friends are white and nearly every woman I’ve dated was white or Hispanic. But none of these white people were Neanderthals like you are. (Okay, my ex-girlfriend voted for Trump, but her mind was poisoned by a cult member [her current husband] and her parents are hardcore German-American racists, so eventually their daughter had to “turn” after she stopped dating me. But pretty much all the others are still good people – that is, extremely anti-Trump. It is possible to be a white progressive, you know. I realize you probably consider that to be a betrayal of your race.)

“My comparison was similar, except what the dead guy did was worse. Burglars just want your stuff most times, where the dead guy actually assaulted someone.”

He assaulted someone who was verbally assaulting his girlfriend in a public parking lot. A burglar is trespassing on your property, breaking into your house, walking around the bedrooms where your children and wife are asleep. The burglar deserves to be shot upon sight, no questions asked, because who knows what he’s really up to. Drejka started this mess and then shot a retreating man. I’m not saying McGlockton had a right to shove Drejka but McGlockton is a far more sympathetic victim than the typical burglar, and only racism is preventing you from seeing that.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2018 8:38:28 AM
Obama is mixed race. Didn't stop him from being prejudice and divisive.

My take on this situation is the gf should not have parked in a handicapped spot. I see this all the time, and it bothers me. The shooter, he should have called the police if he felt the car didn't belong there. The dead man, he shouldn't have assaulted the guy. The shooter should have called the police instead of shooting him.
 tomfiend
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/31/2018 9:18:15 AM

The only racist I see here is you, Hawking. All white people are racists to you. You've got a lot of hate in your heart, between your issue with Caucasian people, and your irrational ongoing hate for Trump.

Irrational hatred of Trump? The only default is a rational hatred of Trump and irrational support of him...and it is pretty clear that all of the racists in the US support Trump for a Reason....he is one of them.
 cotter
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2018 11:13:35 AM
^^^ Agreed.

... the gf should not have parked in a handicapped spot.
I have still not seen any documentation as to whether or not the driver had a handicap placard or permission to park there.

I see this all the time, and it bothers me.
What? What do you see all the time? A black woman parking in a handicapped spot while her boyfriend and father of her children runs in to get something for the family to eat? A black woman who stays in the car and may or may not have permission to park there ... but is also available to move the vehicle if someone pulls up and needs the spot?

I work 40 hours a week and sing and perform multiple evenings a week and really have no time to pay attention to what vehicle parks where when I'm running into the grocery store, so you'll have to pardon me if I find it difficult to believe that others actually "see this all the time" or ... as in the shooter ... who apparently may see it soooooo much that it bothered him to the point of killing someone.

Some people may have too much time on their hands. Go volunteer somewhere and do something productive instead of looking for people to verbally assault and then shoot.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2018 11:19:39 AM
That was your "spin" on what I said. Hating white people is the same as hating black people. Give yourself a big pat on the back for being a hater.

If you're not cognoscent of what goes on around you, that's your problem.
 cotter
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2018 11:48:35 AM

If you're not cognoscent of what goes on around you, that's your problem.
Honey, I'm karate-trained and have worked as a nurse in jails in 2 states.

Alone just the nurses training and over 20 years of experience makes being aware of my surroundings rather a given. I have been further trained related to my work in the jails. Believe me, I'm trained to be aware of things going on around me.

I just don't care enough about illegally (or perhaps even legally) parked vehicles to pick a fight with someone or perhaps shoot someone over such a petty incident. If that kind of thing angers you to the extent you are posting in here ... I suggest you get help. That shooter definitely needs help ...
 MsMicki
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2018 12:03:20 PM
and....being aware of it....and feeling the need to get in someone's face about it are 2 different things!!

I don't feel the need to question every person parked in a handicap spot without hanging their placard if they are legally entitled to park there....
my local grocery store has a good 20 handicap spots....I absolutely do not pay attention to whether those cars have handicap plates or placards...
I just park, walk in the store, do my business and leave....
 NewYorker58
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2018 1:06:59 PM
You said you have no time to pay attention.

You park, you pass handicapped spots. You walk into the store, you pass handicapped spots. You go back to your car, you pass them and potentially on your drive out. Four opportunities. Shop 3x a week, 4 opportunities x 3 = 12 opportunities x 4 weeks = 48 opportunities to observe per month. You're not observant.
 LGL1975
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2018 1:12:23 PM

Although your copy-and-paste of what Florida’s Stand Your Ground Law says is more or less correct, what the hell do Black Lives Matter and police brutality have to do with the Drejka case?

I didn't copy anything I just read the law and explained it in terms you can understand.

The only thing "controversial" about the Florida law is that Sheriff Bubba Gualtieri can't charge someone for using deadly force until he has probable cause that person committed a crime. Before the burden of proof was on the defense.

But if you watch Sheriff Bob's press conference you can see him try to obfuscate this fact by suggesting the new law has changed the circumstances under which deadly force is permitted.

What this has to do with black life matters is that it fits a consistent pattern of black people being deliberately misinformed by the controlled media so they will blame police brutality and other problems associated with corruption and abuse of power on white people rather than the ruling class.
 whiterose0
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2018 1:13:58 PM

The shooter openly picked a fight with someone who was merely minding their own business. I can't say, but it occurs to me that the shooter could have handled it by reporting a possible misuse of a parking spot reserved for a handicapped driver. There is no mention if the dead man might have had a sticker or handicap placket either.

Exactly. The shooter was a buttinsky who should have minded his own business. Even if the woman didn't have a handicapped placard on her car, it wasn't his job to confront her. He should have reported it to the police and let them handle it.
 cotter
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2018 1:44:32 PM

You said you have no time to pay attention.

You park, you pass handicapped spots. You walk into the store, you pass handicapped spots. You go back to your car, you pass them and potentially on your drive out. Four opportunities. Shop 3x a week, 4 opportunities x 3 = 12 opportunities x 4 weeks = 48 opportunities to observe per month. You're not observant.

I have no idea who that was aimed at but if it was me ... then you missed the part where I wrote (see Message 39) that I just don't care enough about where people are parked to give a hoot. It's not about being observant ... it's about I just don't care. BTW ... I have no need to shop anywhere 3 X week, so your math is not applicable to me in any way.

I'm plenty observant ... but where it's necessary. It's not necessary to stalk the handicap parking spaces for improperly parked vehicles.

I am known for holding doors open for handicapped folks and also helping the handicapped load their groceries in their vehicles. You ought to try it sometime.

Trumpettes in my neck of the woods are pretty much known for kicking the old and helpless to the curb. They haven't started shooting them yet, but I suppose that'll be next. Just saying ...
 billgann
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/31/2018 2:07:57 PM

"Bill", it's in the stand your ground law. I'm not reading thru what you posted. He has the law on his side, regardless if it's morally right.

New, I predicted you wouldn't cite the words you thought gave the murderer a legal right to kill his assailant. If those words existed, I would've posted them. Meee reads goood!

It HAS NOT been legally decided YET. There is an ONGOING investigation. That's a good thing. Too many cops make an arrest before they find out all the facts and rely too much on their interpretation of the law instead of talking to their lawyer.

Perhaps a jury will decide. If those jurors think like you and the OP: not guilty. I would probably vote to convict based on the video.

Naturally, if the victim was his mom-in-law: not guilty.

Recently I watched an unedited video of the shooting. Now it's a close call for me. It's odd that the original video was edited to make the shooter look guilty. Gotta be an honest mistake.

Up until the shooter aimed his gun, the victim and another man were moving toward him while on the ground. (A solid stand your ground defense until the victim backed away and started to turn.) The man with the Mohawk type hairdo appeared to be going toward him too until he saw the gun. Then it was 'Yikes!' and he ran to his right. It also appears Mohawk guy was the one who informed the dead guy that someone was complaining about the car parked in the handicap space.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2018 2:12:08 PM
Cotter, You have an odd and prejudice view of those not like you, that vote differently. With that intolerant attitude, I can't see how you could be a nice person, because the elderly people could have voted for Trump, or do you stand in doorways, ask who people voted for, then either hold the door open or slam it in their faces? I don't care how people vote, and my friendships and who I help isn't contingent on how they vote.

That's part of why I'm observant. I help where I can. The person doesn't have to be in a handicapped parking spot, though. I help the elderly all the time, with bringing groceries to their car, or helping them load groceries in their cars. I see a lot of older than dirt, walking slow, bent over elderly people that I help. One old guy jokingly (I think), asked if I wanted to be his driver as I was helping him. Not everyone is open to help, like once when I asked a very old woman if she wanted help packing her groceries in a store where you pack your own stuff, and she said no. She had a ton of groceries too, but maybe someone was with her in the store or car.
 MsMicki
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2018 3:24:01 PM

Pretty sure this was for Cotter...but I'll bite!

I am observant....of the dozens of cars that are not paying attention to who is walking where & to cars I see brake or reverse lights come on that might back over me...and to anyone that might need assistance with their groceries...
I am NOT policing handicap spots to see if they are legally parked there.
And I agree....who the hell shops 3X a week?

But....let's say I did notice a car parked in a handicap spot without a plate or placard...
Guess what? I'm not going to go up and question them!
NY 58....Do you???
 tomfiend
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/31/2018 3:24:15 PM
FWIW, the part of the law that puts the burden of proof on the Prosecutor to prove the shooter was not standing his ground has been ruled Unconstitutional by a Judge...that means constitutionality will ultimately be decided by the Florida Supreme Court. Since the Florida Legislature is filled with dunderheads...including passing a law making it illegal for a doctor to talk to a patient about guns...my guess is there is a good chance this part of the law will be reversed...which puts the Affirmative Defense back on the shooter to prove stand your ground, where I believe it belongs.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-new-stand-your-ground-law-unconstitutional-miami-judge-says/
 chameleonf
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/31/2018 3:59:13 PM

Shop 3x a week, 4 opportunities x 3 = 12 opportunities x 4 weeks = 48 opportunities to observe per month.

That's quite the math there! Just think of all those times that big mouths with guns have the opportunity to shoot people over confrontations they start by being "observant" about something that's none of their business and, even if they think it is their business, they're too f'ing stupid to use proper channels to be the caped crusader. Gotta love giving the ability to own a gun to the stupid, no matter their political affiliations or who they may or may not pack groceries for or hold doors open for when they're not being a****on a mission. I guess that's why the shooting statistics in the States are what they are - too many stupid people with too many guns. Woot! 'murica!
 HawkingJr
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2018 4:05:35 PM
$1 to New Yorker or LGL or anyone else in agreement with them if they can explain why Trump should be able to get away with shoving Markovic or why Trevor Dooley deserves to be in prison if Djerka doesn’t. (Obviously, the answers are because Trump is white and their cult’s god and can get away with anything in their eyes, while Dooley was black shooting a white man, but still, I want to hear an explanation from your mouths.)

“My take on this situation is the gf should not have parked in a handicapped spot. I see this all the time, and it bothers me. The shooter, he should have called the police if he felt the car didn't belong there. The dead man, he shouldn't have assaulted the guy. The shooter should have called the police instead of shooting him.”

That was far less inflammatory, logical and more appropriate than everything else you said previously in this thread. Why didn’t you just start there?

“You park, you pass handicapped spots. You walk into the store, you pass handicapped spots. You go back to your car, you pass them and potentially on your drive out. Four opportunities. Shop 3x a week, 4 opportunities x 3 = 12 opportunities x 4 weeks = 48 opportunities to observe per month.”

What you’re describing is high school hall monitor crap. Yeah, sure, we ALL pass by dozens of handicap spots a month, but you have to have a “hall monitor” attitude to give enough of a damn to pay any attention as to whether all those cars have the proper decal or license plate – UNLESS you yourself are disabled (Drejka was not to our knowledge) and looking for such a space.

“What this has to do with black life matters is that it fits a consistent pattern of black people being deliberately misinformed by the controlled media so they will blame police brutality and other problems associated with corruption and abuse of power on white people rather than the ruling class.”

It may surprise you to know that I agree most white cop-black victim shootings are likely not directly attributable to racism, though it is difficult to say what exactly is going on in anyone’s head at the time they pull a trigger. But I don’t agree with the ruling class part. Most “BLM” situations have more to do with cops often being a lowest common denominator job, in the sense that street cops are not very well paid for one of the most dangerous jobs there is, so most candidates aren’t the best and brightest of society but rather working class individuals with a power trip (like the hall monitors) and Trump-like bully syndrome (Jesus, Trump would be the most dangerous and corrupt cop ever). Sure, a few do-gooders get in the mix that really believe in helping all facets of society, but for the most part you’re talking about guys willing to get shot at for half the pay a computer engineer would make in much safer and less physical environment. That just takes a certain mentality – the kind that often shoots at unarmed fleeing suspects. That also includes ex-military who have done real war tours, who are even more messed up in the head from what they experienced.

“With that intolerant attitude, I can't see how you could be a nice person, because the elderly people could have voted for Trump, or do you stand in doorways, ask who people voted for, then either hold the door open or slam it in their faces? I don't care how people vote, and my friendships and who I help isn't contingent on how they vote.”

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I don’t want to be friends with people who get their kicks from the misery of others, and voting for Trump is knowingly being complicit in purposefully exacting misery on millions for what *I* believe are immoral reasons. I completely understand if someone that’s pro-life doesn’t want to be friends with me because they can’t fathom being on friendly terms with someone they believe to be complicit in the murder of innocents. The #1 aspect of being friends is having a decent number of common interests, and it’s nearly impossible for a Trump worshipper and a Trump hater to have meaningful common interests – that’s just the way it is. I’ve certainly be on friendly terms with many conservatives over the years (hell, I grew up in a place that voted 80% Trump – not many options if you didn’t want to be in combat every day), but the worship of Trump is something completely different from voting for George W. Bush or even Ronald Reagan, primarily that they weren’t evil corrupt mean-spirited bullying aholes – the types of people I’d never be friends with even if they were progressives to the core (and some progressives are certainly like that – furthermore, until Trump came along, there’s not much question most people would describe my overall political beliefs as moderate, but Trump is so far to the right that that he shifted the center and moderates are now progressives and some conservatives are now moderates – Comey was as conservative as they get, and now he’s been “disavowed” because he was being conservative about the law and Trump, so now he’s supporting Democrats, not as revenge for being fired or because his conservative beliefs changed but to stop Trump from what most conservatives PREVIOUSLY considered to be attempts to destroy democracy).
 MsMicki
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2018 4:26:10 PM
No disrespect Hawk...
but I just don't see this as a racist issue....or (for fuk's sake) a Trump issue
(and trying to compare the Trump/Markovic thing is a huge reach anyhoo)

This is a human issue....
it doesn't make a damn bit of difference to me who is what color in this situation...
could be reversed with Djerka being the black man here...
it was still wrong (IMO) for him to shoot in this situation...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > black woman parks in handicap space, demands justice