Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > black woman parks in handicap space, demands justice      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 N2U18
Msg: 51
view profile
History
black woman parks in handicap space, demands justicePage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Interesting that we have Liberal leadership in Congress directing their constituents to Confront, Gather a Mob, and Harass those of the Trump Administration and supporters, yet people here opposing that same strategy (without the mob and physical violence) when it comes to a non-handicapped individual parking in a handicap parking space. People have disagreements and words every day and all day long, but it usually doesn’t elevate to the level of someone’s death. Otherwise, Quite Normal!

Why did Liberal Media elevate this incident and not others? We all know there is a Racial Narrative Peddled by Media that has a Political and Profit Motive. If this incident involved 2 White Men (insert any variation) with the same outcome, we wouldn’t be talking about it nor would the Media obsess over it. There’s a Template that the Media follows concerning which incident will be elevated and others that won’t. Racial Division, always the Winner!

Blacks killed by other Blacks is 90% (FBI Stats) and generally ignored by Liberal Media. Whites killed by other Whites is at 82% and generally ignored by Liberal Media. Whites killed by Blacks is at 15% and generally ignored by Liberal Media……….. Blacks killed by Whites is at 8% and all the Liberal Media attention is on this 8%........... Corporate Media focuses on this low 8% to create a Fictional Dystopian Society with the purpose of gaining/maintaining Political Power, Profit, and Globalism.

Generally, I would engage with the topic more but its Groundhog Day with the same Liberal Media and Racist Democrats. It’s the “Soft Bigotry of Low Expectations” that we continually see with Liberals concerning minorities.

Call the Police is so comical!
What would the Ridiculous Liberal Media Headline be? “WHITE MAN (all caps as usual) calls Police on Black Man buying candy bar at gas station” lol

Liberal Media will call Mr. Norman a Russian Bot, but he is American with an interesting and common acknowledgement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw-h9rwI1KU&t=0s&list=WL&index=12
 chameleonf
Msg: 52
black woman parks in handicap space, demands justice
Posted: 7/31/2018 8:26:35 PM
^ I see this particular incident more about rampant gun availability and downright stupid people than anything else. It's so ridiculous that it gets to the point of arguments of a first amendment right to "free speech" to build a plastic untraceable gun from instructions from a website being used for the promotion of the second amendment "right to bear" arms crapola. Just think of the places they could be hidden, disabled or not, just waiting to be used by idiots, including handicap parking lot chickens who are so scared of life they carry guns, not to mention any other places where your wonderful shootings, mass or otherwise, occur on such a regular basis.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2018 4:41:23 AM
“If this incident involved 2 White Men (insert any variation) with the same outcome, we wouldn’t be talking about it nor would the Media obsess over it. There’s a Template that the Media follows concerning which incident will be elevated and others that won’t. Racial Division, always the Winner!”

I’d like to point out that the pro-Djerka/pro-Trump initiator of this thread labeled it: “*black woman* parks in handicap space, demands justice.” HE is the one who immediately made this thread about race. He could have just said “woman parks in handicap space, demands justice” if he hadn’t wanted to inflame racial division, so that’s on him and his collaborators like you, not the “media” or anti-Djerka contributors to this thread.

This happened in my market and was eerily similar to other infamous shootings that happened in my market (including the Dooley shooting not one of you white dudes will touch with a ten foot poll), so it was definitely going to get attention here regardless of who shot who – this is the case with any “stand your ground” defense shooting because the law is so controversial and well-known. A couple years ago here, a white retired policeman shot a white man on a date with his wife at a movie theater over the retired policeman attempting to administrate vigilante justice over a cell phone call the other man was making, and the retired cop claimed “stand your ground” – don’t tell me you hadn’t heard about that one. You and everybody else have heard about it because despite it being white-on-white, it was picked up by the national media as another example of how “stand your ground” is problematic. Yet I don’t recall any threads on it here. You know why? Because the racists like LGL and New Yorker and you that inhabit this forum saw no value in bringing it up for discussion since you couldn’t put “black man” or “black woman” in the thread title.

“Call the Police is so comical! What would the Ridiculous Liberal Media Headline be? ‘WHITE MAN (all caps as usual) calls Police on Black Man buying candy bar at gas station’ lol”

There likely would be no story at all, because nobody would have been shot and if Djerka reported the situation anonymously as he wisely should have, nobody would have any idea a white man did the reporting. In fact, most likely absolutely nothing would happen, because the cops usually have better things to do than respond to illegal parking calls, and even if they did, unless one just happened to be right next to the parking lot when that LOW PRIORITY call came in, I guarantee you the family would have been gone by the time the cop got there. Regardless of whether Djerka was racist, as Chameleon says, this situation was more about Djerka being stupid and a troublemaker more than anything else.

“and trying to compare the Trump/Markovic thing is a huge reach anyhoo”

I strongly disagree, because the people supporting Djerka in this thread are saying he was justified in shooting because McGlockton shoved him – Trump shoved Markovic, who he was annoyed with – had Markovic stumbled and fell to the ground, what would be the difference?

“Recently I watched an unedited video of the shooting. Now it's a close call for me. It's odd that the original video was edited to make the shooter look guilty.”

Because I was busy at the time and not paying much attention to this story (as it sounded like every other “stand your ground” story and we have TONS of them), I didn’t see the video until the “unedited” version was the one being used, and yet it was pretty obvious to me that Djerka still had other options once McGlockton backed away at the pulling of the gun. I don’t really see how the full video makes anything a “close call” vs. what was seen in the “edited” version. Regardless of what the law claims (which as previously stated is up for debate even among those who wrote it), every which way you look at it, Djerka was in the position of power at the time he pulled the trigger – he actually held up a second or so to see McGlockton and maybe the mohawk guy backing away, THEN pulled the trigger. Maybe McGlockton or mohawk guy said something further threatening to him in that second (we don’t know), but in my opinion, them’s just words and not actions, and the actions gave Djerka a de-escalating out he chose not to take.
 billgann
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/1/2018 7:36:54 AM
This case is NOT like the Zimmerman case. Zim was guilty beyond a doubt. That racist got away with cold-blooded murder. We can only guess why - especially since there was no evidence whatsoever of self defense at his trial. He NEVER testified.

"I don’t really see how the full video makes anything a “close call” vs. what was seen in the “edited” version."

It was then clear to me the victim moved toward the shooter after brutally shoving him to the ground without any reasonable provocation - perhaps to kick or punch. We don't know - do we?

"A person is justified in using deadly force if he reasonably believes it's necessary to prevent great bodily harm to himself or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony."

I still would convict and anticipate the judge will do the right thing based on the facts. It's clear to me the shooter was no longer in danger after the victim stopped and then started to retreat. My opinion!

Only "if he reasonably believes" makes it a close call for me.

The shooter was clearly assaulted by an obviously mentally disturbed bully. Normal adults don't go around assaulting strangers without just cause. Obviously the victim doesn't give a muck about civilized society's policies or laws. In Florida if ya walk around looking for trouble with a chip on you shoulder, someone might try to shoot it off and miss.

Ya think he and his gal were too stupid to realize the car shouldn't be parked there? There were plenty of other parking places just as close to the entrance. He didn't hesitate in brutally shoving the older fat citizen to the ground. Then he moved toward the guy.
If he was shot then, you wouldn't be defending him - right?

Also the shooter might have had the wind knocked out of him and was somewhat in shock after being assaulted by some lunatic obviously looking for trouble.

"Djerka being stupid and a troublemaker more than anything else."

I'm a bit surprised you indicated just the shooter was looking for trouble and NOT the actual rabble-rouser. Informing someone they shouldn't be parking in a handicap parking space when there are plenty of parking spaces available doesn't necessarily mean that person is looking for trouble. Someone violently shoving a person to the ground appears that way.
 tomfiend
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/1/2018 8:33:17 AM

it was pretty obvious to me that Djerka still had other options once McGlockton backed away at the pulling of the gun. I don’t really see how the full video makes anything a “close call” vs. what was seen in the “edited” version. Regardless of what the law claims (which as previously stated is up for debate even among those who wrote it), every which way you look at it, Djerka was in the position of power at the time he pulled the trigger – he actually held up a second or so to see McGlockton and maybe the mohawk guy backing away, THEN pulled the trigger.

I think what happened here is obvious....it really wasn't a stand your ground issue...it had nothing to do with black or white...this would have been news even if it were two white people. Old guy is one of those petty condo commando types so well known in Florida who constantly complain about everything and started berating the woman for parking in the handicap space. McGlockton than came out and didn't just push him, but shoved him with significant force to the ground. That could have and might have (we don't know) caused serious injury. The shove was totally uncalled for under the circumstances. so the old guy retaliated. He was the victim of a significant battery and he did what many normal people would do under the circumstances...he fought back. I don't think this is really an issue of Stand your Ground, and I doubt the Sheriff thought so either...but there was an unwarranted assault against the old guy by a younger guy who let his temper get the best of him. I don't think there will be charges if for no other reason that McGlockton really was the aggressor and started it.

If it is okay to shove somebody to the ground simply because they are complaining, well we don't live in a civilized society.

Last year my wife and I stopped at a Grocery Store, she was stopping in for a quick item....I parked in a no parking zone..striped pavement so I could see her come out of the store and pick her up. It was between handicap spots, but they were empty, there was no harm in my staying there for an instant since the motor was on and I could easily drive away if necessary. Young guy comes up to me and starts complaining about my being there. Threatens to call the police. I said feel free. Two minutes later my wife comes out of the store, gets in the car and I start driving away. While doing so, the guy is still there waiting for the police to show up (they never did while I was there, and although he wrote down my license number, I never heard from them)...I roll down my window and yell at him not to forget to take his medication.

Bottom line is it never occurred to me to get out of my car and physically assault the guy. That never entered my mind. I didn't get angry, didn't really care he was calling the police. I'm pretty sure McGlockton doing what he did was used to violence. He didn't flinch...just walked up to the old guy and shoved him hard to the concrete. Like I said earlier, I hate to say he deserved what he got...death is not a viable punishment for shoving somebody...but I am not all that surprised given how many people carry guns. Just saying.

Parenthetically Ben, that is why it is not a good idea to threaten people with bodily harm as you have done on this board in the past. Physically assault somebody and it is foreseeable you are going to end up dead. You mentioned something about being shot in the head.....I'm guessing you assaulted somebody before hand?
 LGL1975
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2018 9:19:14 AM

Corporate Media focuses on this low 8% to create a Fictional Dystopian Society with the purpose of gaining/maintaining Political Power, Profit, and Globalism.

The ruling class has always needed a scapegoat. Someone the controlled opposition can blame for the corruption and brutality of modern capitalism.

The controlled media and publication education both promote the official doctrine that everything bad is the fault of white people. Specifically white people who don't have money or education. They are ridiculed and stereotyped as uncultured bigots and "rednecks". While at the same time accused of having "privilege".

The modern left is like a bizarro world of backwards nazis where everything is the fault of ̶"̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶J̶e̶w̶s̶" white people. We are dehumanized while at the same time accused of being part of a global conspiracy to oppress and dispossess all of the people around us.

People who wonder how a nation as civilized and cultured as Germany became the instrument of mass murder just have to look at our own society. How did the modern left with its inexhaustible compassion and tolerance and generosity develop such a visceral hatred for white people?
 tomfiend
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/1/2018 9:47:05 AM
^^^ who controls the media? What evidence do you have to support this?

Who says everything bad is the fault of white people? What evidence do you have to support this. White people without money or education are actually pretty invisible in this society and are often bigots and racists, and played to by people like Trump. But who claims you uneducated are part of a global conspiracy to oppress and dispossess? That takes cleverness... I don't think society considers white people without money or education to be clever.

I do agree somewhat that the far left are like Nazis...and sure they blame the Jews. Take Cotter, Jovan, etc.... who hate Jews and constantly blame them for everything bad under the sun

People who wonder how a nation as civilized and cultured as Germany became the instrument of mass murder just have to look at our own society. How did the modern left with its inexhaustible compassion and tolerance and generosity develop such a visceral hatred for white people?

I think Trump did just that and is taking advantage...only his scapegoats are brown people and he relies on the uneducated white man for support. Same agenda...different targets
 LGL1975
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2018 11:53:58 AM

I do agree somewhat that the far left are like Nazis...and sure they blame the Jews.

I think Trump did just that and is taking advantage...only his scapegoats are brown people and he relies on the uneducated white man for support. Same agenda...different targets

Both 'sides' do the same thing. They use scapegoats to divide people into opposing camps. Protecting the ruling class from criticism.

Trump plays the racist white ***hole so the left will identify him with the bottom 10% poor white trash they've been conditioned to associate with white supremacist ideology. This protects his real constituents the top 1% who own everything.

Obama plays the uppity black radical who hates white people. He reinforces the negative stereotype that black leaders are corrupt and will treat other groups unfairly. But he serves the same purpose as Trump. To divide people and prevent them from forming an effective opposition to the ruling class.

who controls the media?

The media is like any other business. There are two political parties and a handful of large media outlets and they can all be bought with money. Left or right loses all distinction when both sides are owned by the elite.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2018 12:02:30 PM
“The shooter was clearly assaulted by an obviously mentally disturbed bully. Normal adults don't go around assaulting strangers without just cause.”

McGlockton was told in the store by the Mohawk guy that Djerka was harassing his girlfriend. I’m not saying it is justifiable to shove someone to the ground for harassing a loved one, but to claim those actions are without cause would be over-simplifying things in the case of the vast majority of men in this country when presented with this information – the non-spineless ones are going to defend their women (which is different from the situation Tom is talking about, because Tom is the one who parked illegally and got yelled at initially – the ability to shrug that off is to be commended and the exact opposite of a moron like Trump, who has no temperament and goes nuts with every little slight). As to whether walking right up to the guy and shoving him without much of discussion first is in anyway justified depends, I suppose, on what exactly Mohawk guy said to him.

Without much question, Djerka is also a mentally disturbed bully (but one with a gun) so perhaps they deserved each other -- certainly McGlockton was no angel and pretty dumb himself to shove a guy without thinking "maybe he has a gun." But undoubtedly one reason you believe Zimmerman shouldn’t have been allowed to use the Stand Your Ground defense is because his later actions have proven himself to be a mentally disturbed bully quite capable of committing cold blooded murder on Martin – Djerka’s background is quite similar and has been noted as “looking for trouble” in the past as some sort of parking space vigilante.

Really, it comes down to: you’re a goddamn idiot with an agenda and not much else better to do if you spend a significant amount of your time harassing people over illegal parking. I have no sympathy for such moronic individuals whatsoever and hope they all burn in the deepest levels of hell, regardless of what side of the law they’re supposedly on. Now if he was harassing somebody for doing something unquestionably dangerous (like he walked up to a bunch of kids holding firecrackers in their hands or racing rattlesnakes or juggling knives), then it’s a completely different story. But with parking spaces and other “whatever” innocuous crap, people need to be smart enough to realize that’s not worth either dying over or killing over in this dangerous world and go about their own goddamn business – anyone that behaves otherwise is a Darwinian candidate without the fitness to live and reproduce.

And by God, somebody better say something about Trevor Dooley and Trump shoving Markovic. Every single one of you is a grab’em-by-the that doesn’t. What, are you going to shoot me for saying that? Don’t worry, I’ll stand my ground.
 LGL1975
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2018 1:46:38 PM

McGlockton was told in the store by the Mohawk guy that Djerka was harassing his girlfriend.

As to whether walking right up to the guy and shoving him without much of discussion first is in anyway justified depends, I suppose, on what exactly Mohawk guy said to him.

It doesn't matter if McGlockton thought attacking Drejka was justified because he's not on trial. And you can't convict Drejka because McGlockton "thought" his girlfriend was in danger.

The issue here is whether or not Drejka was threatening Jacobs. And whether he had reason to fear for his life when he shot his assailant.

And by God, somebody better say something about Trevor Dooley and Trump shoving Markovic. Every single one of you is a grab’em-by-the that doesn’t. What, are you going to shoot me for saying that? Don’t worry, I’ll stand my ground.

Trevor Dooley's self defense claim was rejected because he brandished a firearm without provocation. Michael Drejke didn't draw his weapon until after he'd been assaulted.
 chameleonf
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/1/2018 2:02:39 PM

It doesn't matter if McGlockton thought attacking Drejka was justified because he's not on trial. And you can't convict Drejka because McGlockton "thought" his girlfriend was in danger.

… and yet Drejka "thought" he was in danger. It's a matter of subjective perception by any given individual under any given circumstance. Again, a whole lot of a lack of actual thought by any of the parties involved, with one of them being allowed to own a gun even though, after the fact, it's been made clear he's an individual of low thinking abilities when it comes to actions and consequences (very similar to instances of road rage shootings). Both were authors of their own misfortune, with one paying the higher price for stupidity. The more this kind of B.S. continues on in the States, however, the more fearful the society and the more the turn to gun ownership by those lacking the ability to think their way out of situations that they more and more often are contributing to themselves.
 tomfiend
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/1/2018 3:13:35 PM
^^^ all it takes to carry a gun in many States is a concealed weapons permit and passing a basic examination. There is no psychological testing, no intelligence testing, no testing to see if the Cerebellum is damaged leading to lack of impulse control. That is the world we live in the United States.

Drejka can be convicted, but first he has to be charged...and he still gets to plead fear for his own life. I think it would be a tough case against him regardless of Stand Your Ground. So he is a Disabled Parking Attendant Nazi...that did not warrant his being shoved to the ground like he was by a younger and stronger man.

Now if Drejka is sued...assuming his insurance would defend and indemnify, which is questionable given he intended his actions.....he could lose on the civil side because the standard there is merely the preponderance of the evidence, not beyond a reasonable doubt.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2018 5:38:24 PM
Hawk, no one asked me my opinion. I was just stating the man was in the clear by law, it seems, but I'd need to hear more of the story. I only viewed the video once on tv. It was hard to watch. I'd be curious to know what the dead man said to him, which could be pivotal to the man's defense, along with being assaulted.

Damn right the media manipulates people and they don't even realize it, because of the slant the media chooses to use for their stories and by what they choose to report. They're a business and pot stirers to propel their business. Whatever they choose to tell us makes those crimes seem prevalent. Women get raped every few minutes. If they reported on just a few rapes every day, people would think something was up, maybe serial rapists, and it would cause women to be more concerned and vigilant, but they choose to never mention them.
 tomfiend
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/1/2018 6:28:38 PM
^^^^rapes are local events, not national and are always reported by local newspapers.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2018 7:03:52 PM
They're not reporting them, and why not nationwide since it's an epidemic?
 MsMicki
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2018 7:34:37 PM

They're not reporting them

Most rape stories are kept under wraps to protect the victim...
 acrosstheplains
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/2/2018 1:32:01 PM

...You park, you pass handicapped spots. You walk into the store, you pass handicapped spots. You go back to your car, you pass them and potentially on your drive out. Four opportunities. Shop 3x a week, 4 opportunities x 3 = 12 opportunities x 4 weeks = 48 opportunities to observe per month. You're not observant.

from round where I am, if you carefully checked for a disabled badge inside a row of cars each time you walked by them...
you'd be shot on suspicion of attempted vehicular theft
 NewYorker58
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2018 12:56:09 AM
I notice them when they're pulling into those spots in front of me. I merely mentioned there are other opportunities to be observant, but there is no law that dictates a person only looks directly in front of them when they walk. You're being ridiculous. Do people across the pond wear blinkers?
 MsMicki
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2018 6:21:25 AM
so what exactly are you noticing?
are you looking to see if they have a disability plate or placard?
it is one thing to notice a big ole car pulling into a parking spot....quite another to "investigate" if they have the creditionals to park there....

no one is saying they don't notice cars.... they are saying they aren't paying attention to plates/placards....
 backcreek7
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2018 9:56:21 AM
My OP ?

.... It should become, an un - written law ( supported by all local police ) that citizens ( who are handicapped or NOT ) shouldn't in any way whatsoever ~ make comments to someone illegally parking in a handicapped spot. We have heard these horror stories for much too long.

^^^^ This is not our job, nor should we assume the role of a law enforcement official. This issue has occurred much too frequently to ignore, and has resulted in various degrees of physical altercation.

..... This ^^^ seems to me - a useful purpose for our "cellphone" driven society.
It occurs to me, a proper response would be > to call the establishment or local police & report the location and tag number. Then be on our way, for it is not our " job " to become an on the spot verbal critic, or an " enforcer ".

..... What we all need to consider is ~ the amount of people out there who can become un-hinged at any moment ( ticking timebombs ). Some seem to have so much pent up societal anguish, they choose to justify their physical actions, by ginning up any excuse to maim or hurt someone.

..... WE need to leave this to law enforcement, it is much too touchy an issue to be acted upon, by your average person. I support this belief ~ by the sheer amount of frequently occurring nightmares of violence, with this issue being used as the reason.

heart / sun
 acrosstheplains
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/4/2018 1:02:33 PM
like most things in ole blighty, our disabled parking badges are discreet and modestly sized.
Unlike the A4 sized packaging for a microSD card I once saw in a certain US supermarket.
Not everyone puts their nose in first, some back their arses into a spot.
We call them sunglasses
 LGL1975
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2018 3:15:18 PM

It should become, an un - written law ( supported by all local police ) that citizens ( who are handicapped or NOT ) shouldn't in any way whatsoever ~ make comments to someone illegally parking in a handicapped spot. We have heard these horror stories for much too long.

Unwritten laws... enforced at officer discretion... to arrest people for "acting uppity" or "looking the wrong way at a black woman".

100 years ago this guy would have been wearing a sheet over his face.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2018 3:29:49 PM
No one looks at license plates? I do, all the time. If someone is in front of me in stopped traffic or traffic is slow. No one notices out-of-town plates or vanity plates? I notice bumper stickers, car models, colors, etc. For handicapped spots, the store management should be policing them. They should be given the right to ticket them, no confrontation necessary by anyone.
 backcreek7
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2018 3:39:11 PM

wearing a sheet over his face

I don't want to take advantage of the handicapped sir ^^^
..... If I thought you had, even half a brain ~ I would reply
 LGL1975
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2018 4:11:07 PM
go home and get your sheet you nasty creep
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > black woman parks in handicap space, demands justice