Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > MAKE-UP WARS      Home login  
 AUTHOR
MAKE-UP love.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

It might provide some inspiration to some of you ladies who want to try something new.

Might serve as Fair Warning to some of you old Buzzards with lust in your eyes, and beer goggles.

Any thoughts, anyone?

While men have their ideas on how they want to see a lady "purdied up" , the ladies are going to fix themselves up as they see fit.

Some may cater to their men and do more or less to themselves based on the men's preferences.

What puzzles me is why Miss Lu felt the need to post this and suggest inspiration to the ladies and warning to the men?

These are my thoughts!
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 27
view profile
History
MAKE-UP love.
Posted: 8/6/2018 8:34:28 AM
Luu Luu wrote:
Do you think your head would hurt the same? Or more?
Which head are you talking about?
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 28
view profile
History
MAKE-UP love.
Posted: 8/6/2018 12:58:02 PM
I've been trying moogoo products recently and I've been really surprised by the quality. Usually creams for moisturizing are greasy and don't really sink into the skin or make acne worse and react but their creams don't do that. I started using their wash after trying one my sister had got then got their full milk moisturizer and MSM moisturizer and then got their moisturizer for oily skin and tamanu oil. I just love them honestly makes my skin so soft probably going to get their night cream and anti-aging cream next.
 grover14
Msg: 29
view profile
History
MAKE-UP love.
Posted: 8/6/2018 1:33:04 PM
Thanks for the tip Sienna, I'll check it out. I have alot more skin to maintain with the shaved head.
 dark_n_juju
Msg: 30
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/6/2018 6:51:21 PM

Actually, being old, dried up and worn out looking isn't that bad if all other men "in the room" are old, dried up, and worn out looking. Then they compete on other things, i.e. personality, wealth, etc. etc

I am so sorry but this sounds harsh. But rarely are the majority of men wealthy. I typically make more than they do. Rarely are they very interesting to talk to. The majority of men have never had to be interesting to anyone, except other men. Men think that glazed over is her being dazzled. It never occurs to him she is thinking about the calories in her dinner, whether she will be home in time to watch her favorite show, what her best friend is doing WHILE he sits there intently describing how trash is collected. OR how about the guy who spends 30 minutes talking about your looks after meeting him. And all you can think IS HE REALLY STILL TALKING ABOUT MY LOOKS 30 MINUTES AFTER WE MET??? You glance at your watch just to make sure. DOES he have a clue how boring a conversation this is? NO mainly because for the last 40 years he has never had to be interesting to any woman ever. Being interesting is a skill, much like all other things we do. We learn the skills, then we apply them.
A number of skills men need to attract women have never been learned by men. And they are baffled as to how to do these basic things. Having a conversation about a subject that has little do with sports or work and you have tricked them like sleight of hand magic trick. IT confuses the hell out of them. The second skill is being attractive. We have tricked men into believing they don't have to be attractive only attracted. The same with interesting. I kind of feel sorry for them but I don't do sympathy dates.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 31
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/6/2018 8:04:19 PM

What puzzles me is why Miss Lu felt the need to post this and suggest inspiration to the ladies and warning to the men?

Because
I was totally blown away!

I was so amazed and impressed that the make-up artists could actually do , that I just had to share.

But It reminded me of the constant on-going POF "Battle of the Sexes" re: women's make-up being "false advertising", etc, blah, blah...…
This really video really takes that argument to a whole new level.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Maybe a more fun twist on an old POF topic.

It's so fake. All they are doing is using extra light, photoshop and a ton of lighter makeup.
If you wore that in person you'd look like a caked clown lol.

I’ve done photo shop, too, but in the past. But had no idea you could do it to a video with moving subjects. Please tell me more. Do you touch up the models frame by frame? That must take a lot of patience.

Flattering videos of subjects is easy to do with good camera angles and light. The video documents a cosmetology contest. Not a good documentary if the whole thing is a lie.

Thanks for the tip SIENNA

Ditto here. I’m going to look into Magoo, as well.

Which head are you talking about?

Whichever one they think with, I guess.

Question for the GROVER:

The real reason I stumbled on the video I showed, was because of this: I have always admired the shiny, poreless, flawless look of skin and scalp that a lot of (shaved) bald mature men are sporting. I’ve asked several how they do it, but they always say something like “I don’t do anything special. Just wash with regualar soap.” --- Ya riiiiiight!

So, tell us the truth, PLEEEEASE, Grover. How do YOU get that, poreless, wrinkle free glow? It looks great.

dark_n_juju
Msg: 32
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/6/2018 8:45:38 PM
These are a couple of truly good gurus.
gossmakeupchat
I LOVE THIS GUY. He is great at suggesting how to accomplish that great look with your makeup so it looks good in person and in photos.

Zabrena
She is another really good one.

Jackie Aina
She is ok. I think she gives her opinion too much but her tips are pretty good.

Alissa Ashley
Another good one.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 33
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/7/2018 6:20:51 AM
Photoshop is nothing compared to the other kinds of software out there lol.
I can tell they are using very bright lights from the front to hide finer lines and wrinkles. They probably did use cosmetics but the final After shot is basically a lie. The skin is also too smooth and perfect so they probably did some blurring/healing or something.
Adobe after affects and other software like maya and plugins for these programs allow vfx artists to retouch video. They do it to scenes and actors all the time in movies. Both to edit the overall environment darkness/lightness and contrast as well as actor imperfections. They also add extra special fx like lights and dust and stuff like that.
These programs are pretty hard to use though, basically need a degree in vfx or graphic fx. I wanted to do vfx at AIE but decided it was too expensive and probably less jobs.
http://www.aie.edu.au/courses/3d-animation-vfx-for-film
 grover14
Msg: 34
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/7/2018 9:00:44 AM
Ok, Luuluu, here's what I do. I use several different soaps when shaving. I shave my head everyday, mostly using Dial Coconut water bar soap. I exfoliate a couple times a week with a apricot/sugar scrub. Aftercare is a cold water rinse and then witch hazel. Sometimes I apply Nivea after shave balm.

I think alot has to do with genes. I'm going on 65 with very few wrinkles. As you can see, I'm somewhat of a sun worshipper. Although I'm in Minnesota, I try to keep a tan, to me that is the key to a good looking bald head. Luckily I like it shiny because it just turns out that way.
 am70sguy
Msg: 35
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/8/2018 12:23:02 AM
> Aftercare is a cold water rinse and then witch hazel

What is the purpose of using the Witch Hazel?
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 36
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/8/2018 4:33:58 AM
msg #35:
Aftercare is a cold water rinse and then witch hazel

What is the purpose of using the Witch Hazel?

If I remember correctly, witch hazel is an astringent, it tightens the pores and also is slightly antiseptic---good for healing those little nicks and such that razors can inflict.
 grover14
Msg: 37
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/8/2018 8:29:33 AM
^^^^^^^^^
You are exactly correct.

Sometimes I mix together 85% witch hazel, 15% aloe, and a few drops of tea tree oil. Super soothing and a great shine. Works great if you get a little sunburn.
 Inicia
Msg: 38
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/9/2018 6:10:58 AM
Models/pin-up stars/ac/tors/tresses- etc in rel life caught at star-bucks-or on way to grocery store-- hmm big difference- all just fashion /style accessories- hair make up clothes etc. No one need be identified by this or judged on this-yes certainly can be more appealing to the eye- However, a suit and tie /dress with well groomed hair, head and face, skillfully applied make up-high quality stylish footwear, does not make a knight-or queen of one's soul-yet, often, we express interest only in those whom meet our own personal criteria for physical attractiveness- no harm no foul! (how many grow hair/ head or facial to appeal to mates desires? or wear clothes their mate deems appealing, including styles of make-up? Most of us are willing to compromise for our partners- if we have them- until we have one we will attract those basically good with our choices of personal style))
witch hazel will also prevent redness and reduce bumps/bleeding from shaving or waxing.
Yes Ju-ju- you are very attractive and youthful often more melanin in the skin can reduce damage from sun and elements. I find older black/latino/italian/asian/middle eastern men/women to often look much more youthful(held up to the test of time) than their white counterparts (me lol).
 hemingway234
Msg: 39
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/9/2018 6:59:43 AM
2. To the menfolks -- What would you do if you woke up with awful hangover, next day, beside one of those ladies? Do you think your head would hurt the same? Or more?.

-----you mean when we wake up with an ugly woman sleeping on our arm and we don't want to wake her up, so we can get out of their as quickly as possible without talking? Like a coyote struck in a trap, I'd want to chew my own arm off to escape! That's why they call it coyote ugly!!!
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 40
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/11/2018 11:02:14 AM
Thanks very much for your honesty GROVER.

I knew it all along that all those other good looking bald guys I asked were holding out. Now I can put my Diogenes Lantern way.

And yes, the Witch Hazel makes an excellent toner. It tightens up the skin and closes large pores that are caused by looser skin.
I had thought in the past that Witch hazel was some kind of drying, unnatural chemical. But after a little investigation I find that witch hazel is actually a plant substance. So, I bought some D I C K E N S O N's Hydrating (Witch hazel) Toner. It's pretty good, and a mostly natural product.

I looked at SIENNA's Magoos skin care line. It seems like it might be good for younger skin.

So, how about you, HEMMINGWAY? How do you get your glow?

BTW: please don't ever chew your arm off. You need two of them. Just bring an extra paper bag, instead.

Clytemnestra
Msg: 41
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/11/2018 11:14:34 AM
msg#40:
I had thought in the past that Witch hazel was some kind of drying, unnatural chemical. But after a little investigation I find that witch hazel is actually a plant substance.

Hamamelis virginiana (Common Witch Hazel) is a fall-blooming deciduous tall spreading shrub or small tree native to woodlands, forest margins and stream banks mostly east of the Mississippi River.

I planted one maybe twenty years ago in my garden. Blooms here in November. Always a delight to see its tiny yellow streamer-like flowers right before Winter sets in~

Bark, twigs and leaves are used for medicinal purposes.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 42
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/11/2018 12:01:26 PM
I thought my favorite catalog Duluth Trading Co. sold witch hazel but they don't. My online search though came up with Bulk Apothecary and they sell it in 55 gallon drums. I wonder if they sell a matching stand to mount in the bathroom?
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 43
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/11/2018 1:19:38 PM
^^^
I thought my favorite catalog Duluth Trading Co. sold witch hazel but they don't.

You can buy witch hazel tincture at drugstores in small bottles---same size as rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide. Just an FYI.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 44
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/12/2018 11:12:24 AM
Yeah I love moogoo it is great for moisturizing. They have one for overnight and for aging. I'm saving for both. My skin is too sensitive for witch hazel. I tried it to try and get rid of my acne. I have too much androgens so nothing I do gets rid of my acne. It's not that bad just irritating. So I have to take high estrogen pill with anti-androgen. I have tried literally everything to get rid of my acne: benzoyl peroxide, topical antibiotics, vitamin sups, proactive/dif skin cleansers and non-prescription creams, essential oils, prescription retinoids and antibiotics, and aldactone. Probably going to try zorac but retinoids are very drying and kinda thinning.
Atleast my skin is very soft and moisturised though till the pill kicks in. Took a few months last time to clear my acne. I hate waiting though.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 45
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/31/2018 9:49:20 AM
Funny how I see women who have face fillers, do botox and have had lifts want to slam other women for being FAKE or false advertising when they use makeup.

We can see your chest, neck and arms people. Old is still old.

If the face looks 10- 20 years younger it looks even more ridiculous imo because you spent 25 grand doing it.
I do very little but am very pale so I'm "painting my eyes on". The rest is sunscreen or touch up my nose.
Its not enough to most people but if Im glamming up Ill do a bit more for a party.

Seriously if someone is going to see me with no eyeliner some day, I dont want them to think I am sick if I skip it because I sure LOOK dead as hell without it.
 LovingLoner2
Msg: 46
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/31/2018 7:41:08 PM
Don't do make-up and drive!
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 47
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 9/4/2018 7:55:49 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29ddHuxe68w

IMO: During her makeup session the first (older) woman actually looked younger when she smiled during her redo session.

A woman always is more attractive, no matter what age, when they smile! I'm sure many women would say the same about men.
 Seki1949
Msg: 48
view profile
History
MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 9/6/2018 8:02:47 PM
Note to self: Be out the door and backing down the drive way before they hit the shower.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > MAKE-UP WARS