Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Chronic Illness? A deal breaker or not?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Chronic Illness? A deal breaker or not?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
"prejudice-discrimination-stereotypes- "

Agree that prejudice and discrimination should be minimized but recognize that stereotypes are normal and all serve purposes to different degrees.

vvv Some good points there. Credit given where due.
 lnitia
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Chronic Illness? A deal breaker or not?
Posted: 11/9/2018 4:21:04 PM
Who brought in racism? But this whole topic is just prejudging it is ignorant to not understand what is going on? no this topic clearly is about prejudging and stereotyping and a failure to understand the actual reality indicates the ignorance associated with the topic and deeply rooted discrimination present in society. ruling people out of our dating menu on some arbitrary chronic illness is not prejudging and discriminatory?? certainly can do that but be aware that other people will prejudge such behavior and also discriminate against and will not date tiny little chronically closed minds..My form of prejudice and stereotype- hey i know what I am.. lol (yes this is my necessity lol as a stereotype ruling out the small minds that do not add value in my life)
Still arguing for your ignorance- lol do you really have such limited brain power that you do not see the Pre judging-stereotyping and discrimination represented in this post topic
!
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2018 4:42:07 PM
YOU brought up prejudice, discrimination and stereotypes! NOTHING to do with chronic illness. the next poster added racism and a rant about trump (more hatred). your response? calling people ignorant, bringing up "deeply rooted discrimination" and then ad "tiny little chronically closed minds" before going off to state your own prejudice!
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2018 4:49:44 PM
^True, Johnfromzelle.

And Initia did not address my contention re: neccesity.

But Initia did have good points pertaining to the topic.
 DawnNuSun
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2018 6:24:01 AM
For me that would depend on how their health conditions limit their activities. If it is chronic but controllable to the point where they are still active and it is not affecting their mental or physical abilities, I would have no problem with that. However, I am active and even though many in my age category are not still as active, that is one of the qualities I look for when seeking dating or an ongoing relationship.
So, in some cases it could be a deal breaker.

When it comes to revealing their health conditions, I would say that if dating seems to be on the road to becoming a relationship, then all should be revealed.
Posted: 11/11/2018 2:35:30 AM
Some "ailments" can be cured by OTC meds. Give folks a chance! GOSH DARN, DANG NABBIT!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Chronic Illness? A deal breaker or not?