Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How serious do people believe Reality TV like the Bachelor(ette)?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spot4username
Msg: 26
view profile
History
How serious do people believe Reality TV like the Bachelor(ette)?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

My favorite reality show of all time is Cops because it's a true reality show.

Ha! Years ago I dated a guy for a hot minute that was on an episode of Cops. He showed me the video. It was a hoot.
 daynadaze
Msg: 27
view profile
History
How serious do people believe Reality TV like the Bachelor(ette)?
Posted: 8/8/2018 6:09:42 PM
You have to have the money up front, which I assume many have bank loans, and also the extra for things that come up. The shows themselves won't pay a dime of your over costs. Same thing with the shows where you buy a home, you have to have already picked a house and have it okayed with your financial institution, otherwise it would be a nightmare to follow a couple buying a home. This stuff doesn't bother me, I just want to see all the homes. : ). I like all the before and after photos.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2018 7:53:51 PM
The only reality show I can admit to watching most of the season was the original Season 1 of Survivor. A lot of what happened then was truly unscripted. I started seeing phony staging for Season Two early on, and kind of lost interest. The few times I have encountered it since then, it really looks more like a video game than an unscripted drama. A lot has changed in 18 years, and the loss of authenticity is definitely part of it.

I do worry how some people get sucked into 'Fake News' that they can get sucked into 'Fake Reality' the same way. People do idolize some weird sh1t. Scientology comes to mind. Hair styles and fashion trends motivate change all the time, but they are for the most part, harmless - it's the fake morality preached through these TV shows and pundits and pulpits in the pseudo-news and religion markets that seem to make a deeper psychological impact. Being a fan of a TV show that you can see as artificial and entertainment is one thing, but there are small kids sitting in your laps that don't have that ability to distinguish fantasy from reality. Get exposed to enough of that stuff, and soon you are much more than a fan - more like a fanatic.

I find it kind of amazing how younger generations of adults (not just kids) simply have NEVER watched an older movie or television series, and have no idea what the context of that story is all about. It's like giving them a rotary phone and the yellow pages to find something. There is simply so much newer content demanding their time that history lessons seem to be disappearing faster than trained musicians. Maybe that's my biggest fear about all the quickie TV junk out there.
 cooldog65
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2018 9:12:38 PM
Even the new Love Connection seems scripted compared to the original. No average looking people and they all seem to have over the top personalities.

I do admit to watching Basketball Wives. One of the cast members (Tami Roman) was on Real World Los Angeles season 2 (1993).
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2018 8:44:04 AM
I'm from Waco,TX. So now you know which house fixer show I like.

Like the interesting and upbeat stuff like the state place guy and the biker that tours places of interest.

Can't stand the awful, constant bickering that occurs on many of the shows. Don't care about how much money the Kardashians waste every day.

I do, occasionally like some of the Judge shows except Judge Judy. She's obnoxious.

But here's a question for the guys:

If YOU were the Bachelor -- would you pick the sweetest, most sincere, beautiful woman? Or the one that played the dirtiest because she fought for you?
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2018 9:27:50 AM
msg#30:
Don't care about how much money the Kardashians waste every day.

I do, occasionally like some of the Judge shows except Judge Judy. She's obnoxious

Never saw the appeal of The Kardashians.But good for them for making a ton of $$ on their big butts!

I love Judge 'Don't Piss on My Leg and Tell Me Its Raining' Judy. She shrewd, she's smart---every time I watch her show I learn something about The Law~
 from site to sight
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/12/2018 9:47:40 AM
One of the dumbest shows I've seen is The Newlywed Game. The whole purpose of the questions the newlyweds are asked is to cause them to bicker and fight-by asking questions such as: "If you could have an affair with one of your spouse's friends, which one would you choose?" I don't recall the prize money being super huge, so I don't know why anyone would want to be on it. Another show that should end up in the local dump is Married at First Sight-where two strangers meet for the first time on their wedding day.

As far as the question above about picking which bachelorette, I would pick neither, because I wouldn't ever go on a show like that. I find all of those bachelor/bachelorette shows ridiculous.
 backcreek7
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2018 10:31:37 AM
^^^
I agree Clytemnestra ~ my queen

......... Judge Judy is the " cats meow " of daytime tv, I LOVE that woman. Recently, I have sent letters her way ~ expressing the wish that SHE, run for president in 2020. OMG !!! she gives "sanity" a whole new meaning. And we know ~ she's smarter then the average bear - as she tells us " I didn't get this job because I'm beautiful, but because I'm smart ".

......... CLY ( you wittle platipie ) I don't think we should ask Judy to use her own money, for her campaign > white ??......... Not when we have a man available with a 3.5 million salary & a RING worth a fortune ! I've sent a note to Petri Hawkins Byrd ( bailiff ) ~ asking him to donate to the campaign ~ that EL - GIGANTO COLOSSAL HUNKA GOLD F_ING BLING adorning his hand. & Btw ~ it's a wonder he can even lift his hand, those papers, or look at his wristwatch > with that 35 lb ring on. Yep, it would be considered a " deadly weapon " to be used first & the gun second , col . In - fact, I heard ~ one time he went to swat a knat flying around his face. And he done plum knocked himself to the ground, when the ring collided with his skull, col.

......... I think what I like about the show the most is ~ the caliber of intelligence of some participants , col col col .... Yeppers, they are a true slice of American culture, intelligence & stupidity. I usually come away with the thought " wow! if they had any bwains, they'd be dangerous " < col ... But ??? good thing is, even I look smart ~ by comparison, and that's all that matters. Yep ~ Yep ~Yep that'd be true !!!

......... Well enough about JJ for now ~ give my regards to Nefertiti , Queen CLY !
& like Burrrrr WOOF ! your way ^^^
 backcreek7
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2018 6:30:05 PM
col ^

~ I have sent letters her way ~ I've sent a note asking him to donate ~ he went to swat a gnat ~ the ring collided with his skull ~ it would be considered a deadly weapon ~

^^^^ all lies ^^^^
^ sawree ~ I like to "spice " up my " stories" on occasion, col ...

heart / sun
 purplerider1200
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2018 7:29:15 PM

had to quit watching those 're- do your room/house/life' shows---I got depressed that it took me sooooo long to get any project done. They made it look so easy with their professional crews, speeded up photography, etc. while here I am plodding along by myself trying to figure stuff out. Certainly not any part of MY reality~ ;-(

How about two days? I saw a couple built like that. They came in the factory door as trailers. They went out the other side, walls, floor, and roof. Then turned around for a return trip back into the building, for finish plaster, roofing, window, kitchen, plumbing, electric, bathrooms, siding. (Provided that was the ground floor) Then they sat out in the parking lot, waiting to be picked up for delivery.

How long it took them to be SET in place, is another story. That I don't know. Or how many sections any one particular house took. I was told that some were upwards of 3500 square feet. (Two story units) Were these cheap? Hardly, 2 x 6 wall studs, 2 x 10 floor joists, good solid units. But custom? No.

Want an honest, this is common, objective view of building a house? Go watch an old movie- "Mr. Blandings builds his dream home", Starring Cary Grant, Myrna Loy. It maybe old, but they hit every possible problem that CAN happen when building a house.
 sun___flower
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2018 9:12:15 PM

They came in the factory door as trailers.

PurpleRider, do you mean they were containers? I have seen converted containers - I would totally live in one.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2018 6:09:01 PM
No, these are modular homes. Built just like a regular home, except that they moved to the site, and assembled with a crane. Unless you know what one looks like, you'd never be able to tell it was built in a factory.

I can (SOMETIMES) tell one by the way the shingles are laid. If it'd been re-roofed, I can't tell if it is a modular.

They're actually stronger than a normal house. Those were built to be moved.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2018 6:29:13 PM
OK --

Ya'll wanna talk about Reality TV?

Now I'm gonna throw a Molotov C o c k tail into a POF Fireworks Stand. Here goes:

What do you all think about Omarosa?
 cooldog65
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2018 7:22:25 PM

Chocolatey delicious!
 sun___flower
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2018 10:23:23 AM
PurpleRider
No, these are modular homes.

Thank you for the answer, PurpleRider.
 from site to sight
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/14/2018 4:09:07 PM

It's a good thing Melania had an anti-cyber bullying campaign. lol. Before Trump went totally Twitter crazy, with insulting and name calling tweet after tweet about Omarosa, Melania should have told him to preface the tweets with "Don't take this the wrong way, but..." Who wouldn't want a U.S. president to act like a spoiled and crazy 10 year old?
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2018 9:49:07 AM
COOL DOG ---

You make not just 1 but 2 good points:

1. Omarosa is, indeed, a very pretty lady.

2. Her latest "Reality Episode" has amounted to nothing. My firecracker stand has fizzled.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2018 6:01:52 PM
My favorite reality shows are Naked & Afraid, Married at First Sight, and the Little Women shows (Little Women of LA & NY).

A pof date got me into watching The Bachelor-Bacheorette series and Bachelor in Paradise. They do create marriages in that stupid show. A few of the married couples are in my state.

There was a short-lived reality/game show where contestants on each show had to hide a lot of money that was in a suitcase. If the show's hired searchers couldn't locate the money, the person keeps it.
 from site to sight
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/15/2018 7:34:52 PM
There are a number of TV shows that were big hits in their heyday, but chances are they wouldn't make it on TV today-such as:
I Love Lucy-about a stay-at-home wife who is a total airhead
The Honeymooners-with Ralph Kramden (Jackie Gleason) forming a fist and saying: "To the moon Alice"-threatening physical violence against his wife. But back then, everybody thought it was hilarious.
All in the Family-with a very racist Archie Bunker
 daynadaze
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2018 9:58:16 PM
I think Omarosa is horrible, can't stand her. Trump paraded her around, now they are at each other. Meh. They deserve each other.

I like all the Little Women shows, but they are getting repetitive and all the phony fighting is tiresome. I like Suvivor, Big Brother, Born This Way, Dr. Pimple Popper, all of the multiple birth family shows, and all the little people shows. I like a lot of the HGTV and Food network shows. And I like the 600 plus weight loss show om TLC.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2018 10:42:06 PM
Site, those shows are still on tv. I Love Lucy is timeless. Archie Bunker made a fool out of himself over his bigotry, so it's still watchable. Alice paid Ralph no mind when he said to the moon. She ruled the roost, so a typical marriage. Let him think he's the boss.

Dayna, I cut the cord, so no more Little Women, though I've caught episodes online. When they get physical, it looks real, like when Terra hit Christy with the glass in the bar.
 CBGB77
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2018 6:17:03 AM
I used to like The Dating Game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJhpexoKP4E
 dragonbytes
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2018 6:34:19 AM
I don't like any reality shows. I consider the people to be unpaid amature actors, kind of watching a sophisticated school play.

For entertainment, I prefer watching actors that have a higher ability. Or maybe play video games where all the "actors" are 100% fake.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2018 6:39:32 AM

Self promoting mini-Trump.
 calliopedreams
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2018 6:42:49 PM
What about those body transformation shows?

There used to be one called "The Swan (?)" Which involved plastic surgery. Scarey!

Now, they use "work out" shows, and sometimes stomach stapling, or extreme diets to make rapid changes. However, it does not "take" on many people, because whatever issues led them to overeating still remain.

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-show-biggest-loser-winners-regained-weight-big-fat-truth-2017-6

This article states that 1/3 of gastric surgery patients gain back ALL the weight they lost. Even more gain back 100 pounds of the 200 pounds they lost.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2174497/How-gastric-surgery-patients-ALL-weight-on.html

So, 6 months later they are as obese as ever. I wonder how those people feel, like guinea pigs?

What about botched implants? They have a show called Botched. Do they get to be fixed for free, if they agree to be televised? I don't think I could watch the show, but I have seen promos.

Seems kind of cruel to give people false hope, when some of these surgeries have a poor success rate.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How serious do people believe Reality TV like the Bachelor(ette)?