Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How serious do people believe Reality TV like the Bachelor(ette)?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whiterose0
Msg: 51
view profile
History
How serious do people believe Reality TV like the Bachelor(ette)?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

What about those body transformation shows?

There used to be one called "The Swan (?)" Which involved plastic surgery. Scarey!

Now, they use "work out" shows, and sometimes stomach stapling, or extreme diets to make rapid changes. However, it does not "take" on many people, because whatever issues led them to overeating still remain.

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-show-biggest-loser-winners-regained-weight-big-fat-truth-2017-6

This article states that 1/3 of gastric surgery patients gain back ALL the weight they lost. Even more gain back 100 pounds of the 200 pounds they lost.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2174497/How-gastric-surgery-patients-ALL-weight-on.html

So, 6 months later they are as obese as ever. I wonder how those people feel, like guinea pigs?

I've watched the reality show, "My 600-Lb Life". Interestingly, I've noticed that the patients that get gastric sleeve surgery where a large portion of the stomach is removed, have a lower success rate. The stomach eventually stretches out again when they continue to overeat, and they regain most of their weight.

It appears that the patients who undergo the more complex operations that involve rerouting the intestines and permanently limiting the body's ability to absorb calories and nutrients have a better chance of keeping their weight off. Still, if the underlying cause of their overeating isn't addressed, they too, will gain their weight back at some point.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 52
view profile
History
How serious do people believe Reality TV like the Bachelor(ette)?
Posted: 8/18/2018 7:00:53 AM
I've watched every season of Bug Brother and was pleased that they set up a Big Brother pool at work. I ended up drawing Sam. It's the first time I haven't liked the person I ended up drawing. She's still holding on, surprisingly.
OP, I watched this and last year's Bachelor and Bachelorette. People at work watch them and it helps to have something non-work related to bond over. While there is a part of me that wishes the shows reflected real life in some ways, I know there is nothing real about them. I'm surprised marriages have resulted from them and good for those couples. I'd actually love to see a version of the shows that featured older participants. I think there would be more than enough singles of an older age. However, I don't know how realistic it would be to expect more mature folks to step away from their real lives for extended periods of time.
 2Maggie22
Msg: 53
How serious do people believe Reality TV like the Bachelor(ette)?
Posted: 8/18/2018 7:14:33 AM
People who own a business
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How serious do people believe Reality TV like the Bachelor(ette)?