Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Older gentleman with kids      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NewYorker58
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Older gentleman with kidsPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I'm not stiring any pot. I made a comment, not addressed to you. If you say you've seen a good pic of her, a clear pic, you would be lying.
 Rumours
Msg: 27
Older gentleman with kids
Posted: 9/1/2018 6:44:36 AM
NY...can't help being nasty to someone/anyone.
I think she's on the "spectrum".....
 cooldog65
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2018 7:27:22 AM

If you say you've seen a good pic of her, a clear pic, you would be lying.

Wrong again...you lose!

Just because you can't recall seeing a picture of her doesn't change the fact that I have. You do know that others who currently have no pic up have had pics up in the past? Is that telling?
 NewYorker58
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2018 8:19:56 AM
Dear Mr. White Knight, when I first joined the forums, I remember looking at her pics, because she immediately attacked me with her nastiness. Then I saw why, her with her not very close up pics, and definitely obscuring her face. People do that for a reason.
 ohenryx
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2018 8:27:40 AM

NewYorker58
Dear Mr. White Knight, when I first joined the forums, I remember looking at her pics, because she immediately attacked me with her nastiness. Then I saw why, her with her not very close up pics, and definitely obscuring her face. People do that for a reason.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

There are many people here in the forums who remember seeing her pictures. (spot4username)

She is indeed a very attractive woman.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2018 8:40:29 AM
I saw her pics, Henry. What exactly am I lying about? I know who you deem attractive, anyone younger than you that you think you have a shot with. To that I say, go southeast old man, go southeast. She's waiting for you. Get on that plane. That's what you'd tell men here, go get it done.
 whiterose0
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2018 11:05:34 AM

I think you have spot confused with someone else. Back when she was using this dating site, she had pictures up, including a close-up head shot. Rest assured, she's very striking and has a nice figure.

And people don't attack you for no reason. You like to bait people, then whine when they return fire.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2018 11:27:20 AM
I really don't care to talk about how she looks. Coold brought that up. I just said she's desperate.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2018 2:19:01 PM
Just because the cooldog isn't attracted to white women doesn't mean he can't think women of other races are attractive. For example I'm not attracted to women, but I think you're attractive. Anyway, it's my understanding that men don't believe attractive women are desperate because they have more options than less attractive women. Therefore spotforusername is not desperate. I agree with him.
 GingersnapWA3
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/1/2018 7:54:37 PM
Another thing is that child custody arrangements can change. You may only have your kids 50% of the time or alternating weekends NOW, but they could end up living with you full time due to unforeseen circumstances or the souring of the child's relationship with their mom. I'm Not willing to take that risk.
 ohenryx
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 9:04:20 AM

NewYorker58
I saw her pics, Henry. What exactly am I lying about?

You are lying about her pictures. What part of that don't you get?

NewYorker58
I really don't care to talk about how she looks. Coold brought that up. I just said she's desperate.

Yet you have made comments, right here in this thread, about her appearance. I quote you from Msg 24

NewYorker58
Not having a pic is very telling, though.

And how in god’s name would you have any idea, any knowledge about whether or not she’s desperate? She has never said anything here in these forums that would make anyone think that she’s desperate.

Yet you just make up these stories in your head, and then spout words that have no basis in reality.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 9:13:59 AM
I made no comments about her appearance, even though she's repeatedly made snide remarks to me, and all were unprovoked. So just hang up your sagging balls, because she's not getting with you because you're white knighting for her. Maybe she'll post a lovely pic of her smiling face to prove you're right☺

She's spoken many a time about how she can't find a date because of logistics, never talking about that it could be her nasty personality.
 whiterose0
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 10:39:22 AM
Spot is well-liked by most forum regulars here. If she's having trouble finding dates, it's because of her location, not her appearance or personality.

And how would you know what Henry's balls look like?
 trinity818
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 11:30:17 AM

never talking about that it could be her nasty personality.

From where I'm sitting, you are one of the NASTIEST posters on this board.
 zsuzsa62
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/2/2018 9:00:11 PM
NY58
"I wouldn't date someone that has young kids at age 55. I would wonder about how smart he was to let pregnancy happen so late in his life if it wasn't planned. If it was planned, I'd wonder how smart he was. "

I don't think I would either but...having kids in your early to late 40's, especially a guy, doesn't seem that extreme. Seems more planned than random. I wouldn't question his intelligence on that. My former husband had our last at 50 years old... so he's an older dad for sure but it didn't and hasn't stopped him from being a quality one.

But, I do think it will possibly limit the OP dating someone in his own age range, for the other practical and more sensible reasons expressed here.
 NewYorker58
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 9:29:29 PM
It's not about not being able to be a good father, it's about having a child that late in life and then divorcing. Being in your mid 40s, you should know if you're staying together before bringing that last kid into the world. I'm sure he can still find someone.
 zsuzsa62
Msg: 42
Posted: 9/2/2018 9:37:24 PM
One "should" know? That would be ideal. Hard to say what his situation was all about. My youngest was four when we split. I had no idea things were not going to work out when we planned for our third. A lot can happen in a few years, not all of it foreseeable or in our control. I don't think it's that black and white.
Divorce is hard on children and everyone at any stage or age.
 cooldog65
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2018 1:24:12 AM
After reading the last 3 posts above me, I can guess who the logical one is...
 MsMicki
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2018 6:16:07 AM

I didn't say she was unattractive, I said she was desperate. Not having a pic is very telling, though

Please....do tell....what is very telling about not having a pic up for you to scrutinize???
and how do you come to the conclusion she is desperate??

Oh ... I know....she disagreed with you at some point in these forums and now you just have to take digs at her like you do every other person in here that calls you out on your BS!!

One can only hope that you do realize you are nothing more than our entertainment here....we just can't wait to see what stupidity flies out out of your mouth next...
 Rumours
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/3/2018 8:55:37 AM
I dated an older guy that had a young child.
There are a few older men marrying younger wives that want children.
At the moment, they want that child too. They love their wives and want to make them happy.
Foolish? Maybe? It didn't effect me really. The mother had moved quite a distance away....so he didn't have the child a lot.
If anything, I encouraged more visits.

I can tell you...It wasn't the reason why we broke up.
Now....7 years later...I probably wouldn't entertain getting involved with someone that has underaged children.

p.s. Please don't remove NYorker.
She's our new Demidar
 sexandthepof
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2018 10:58:41 AM
It's getting a little bit off topic here.

Trying to pinpoint out someone being desperate or not attractive, no matter it's true or not, is not smart. For what purpose? It's like in HS.

Smart people are the ones who find positive points in others and try to empower them.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2018 10:48:16 PM
Some older men are actually raising grandchildren. I like kids, and I think I would date a good man who was raising a grandchild, since I don't have any grandchildren.
 ohenryx
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2018 12:36:15 PM

BlackLady1953
Some older men are actually raising grandchildren. I like kids, and I think I would date a good man who was raising a grandchild, since I don't have any grandchildren.

A good point. Over the last few years, I have met several women who are caring for one or more grandchildren, full time. In those circumstances, it is exactly like dating a single mother. The kids are going to come first, and you have to be willing to live with that.

One difference though. A 30 year old has more energy, stamina, endurance, however you want to put it, than a 50 or 60 year old woman. That 30 year old can work all day, come home and take care of the kids, get a babysitter, and be ready to go dancing by 9 p.m. And still have the energy and the enthusiasm to be a great date, to be fun, to dance until midnight.

I couldn’t do it. If I have a hard day at work, or problems at the house, or just anything has worn me down, I am not going dancing.

YMMV
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2018 7:49:10 AM
Maybe we couldn't go out dancing together, but there's always "cuddle time."
 ohenryx
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2018 1:22:31 PM

BlackLady1953
Maybe we couldn't go out dancing together, but there's always "cuddle time."

A very good point, except …

Before you get to “cuddle time”, you are going to have to build a relationship. You have to take her out on dates, real dates, dinner, a movie (in the theater, not at home), dancing, etc, etc. There have been countless threads, right here in these forums, deploring men who want the first date to be at their house (or her house, same difference). And if she is too busy, or too tired, to go out on real dates, then how exactly are you going to build that relationship, so you can get to the “cuddling”???
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Older gentleman with kids