Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do you care what a person does for work?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2ufo
Msg: 201
view profile
History
an expert, is someone who accomplishes the basics better than anyone elsePage 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
^^^
I do retail therapy for ages. I just don't spend the cash.
I have an Amazon wish list for everything I want. I have a Channel watch on it - $12,000 - along with some clothes that I would never wear but that I do want, some furniture and lamps that I can't have yet because I don't own a home. I put all that stuff on my list then let it sit there. A few days later I might go in and weed out some stuff. Prevents me from buying then returning.
I think I'll name the wish list 'Retail Therapy'.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Do you care what a person does for work?
Posted: 11/17/2018 4:23:18 PM

I think I need to move to Indiana. Here, a sleeping room where you share a bathroom and shower with drunks and drug addicts costs $500 - $700 a month. Studio, one bedroom apartments, or very small houses are $600 - $1000. Two and three bedroom homes are $1000 - $2000. Everything on the lower end of these estimates is "you get what you pay for". So, that $600 or $700 small apartment is probably going to have leaks, mold, terrible neighbors, old grungy cabinets, etc.

$475. Fresh paint, clean, doesn't leak. Be a good tenant, pay your rent on time, new windows. (For 1 bedroom with appliances. share your bath with nobody) Don't expect level floors, however. Fellow tenants, well, the old crazy guy got evicted five years ago for stabbing another tenant. Right now, they're pretty good.
 2ufo
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2018 1:04:37 PM
In San Antonio, rent averages range from $700 (studio) - $1400 (3-bedooms); includes major appliances.
Some decent, some not.
And fellow tenants are always a dice roll.

Electric and water together runs about $170/month.
Here's a basic chart for various items:
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/San-Antonio
 browneyesboo
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 7:25:19 AM
I just got an apartment in my area, and it was 2100.00 for a
two bedroom. Heat is included...which is a good thing around
here. It's all been redone...new stainless steel appliances,
so it's pretty nice. Also, has the bedrooms upstairs which I
really like. I have to pay electric and internet or whatever. I'm locked
in to that amount for a year, but I expect upon renewal it will go
up at least another 100.00.

My daughter just moved from San Antonio! She had a small
1 bedroom and I think she paid 750.00 for it. Appliances weren't
great, but worked (except for the dryer)...but she made it cute and
cozy.

Rents around here tend to be on the high side...but I think the wages
could be higher as well. Our min wage is 11.00 here...might go up to
12.00 in January.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 9:22:50 AM
Where I live 1500 a month get you an old 1br apt that needs the super all the time. I pay 718 heat /water included but I am one of the lucky million that has a rent stabilized apt. That means the gov't sets rent increases so the rents go well below market rate. But Brooklyn has the highest real estate prices compared to salaries in the country most years so be prepared to rent and have landlords try to kill you to get you out. No, I mean REALLY kill you.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2018 9:43:46 AM
"$475. Fresh paint, clean, doesn't leak. Be a good tenant, pay your rent on time, new windows. (For 1 bedroom with appliances. share your bath with nobody) Don't expect level floors, however. Fellow tenants, well, the old crazy guy got evicted five years ago for stabbing another tenant. Right now, they're pretty good."

>>>until i inherited the house i grew up in, i rented places in this price point ($350-$500). some were rural, some were apartment complexes. they weren't slums, but if i ever brought home anything larger than a toaster to fix, i got told to get it off the property. so i kept some at my parents' house :)

"But Brooklyn has the highest real estate prices compared to salaries in the country most years so be prepared to rent and have landlords try to kill you to get you out. No, I mean REALLY kill you."

>>>used to hang with a friend living far up Broadway, in the 180's if i remember correctly (where Law and Order would film). he was a long term "guest" of someone who inherited a rent controlled place from his parents, and yes, management did try some tricks to shuffle them out. that hadn't been a problem when he subletted from someone on central park west, but that owner had zero grasp of reality and finally lost the place.
 MtRushmore1970
Msg: 207
view profile
History
as long as they are willing to do two jobs--blow and hand :)
Posted: 11/23/2018 6:15:35 AM

Regarding cops and security guards not being the same thing....most of the security guards who work at the hospital I'm at are ex-cops using this job as a retirement gig to put extra money away while collecting their pensions. But I do recognize they are the same things. There'sa reason cops look at being a security guard as easy money.

Most security companies look at qualifications when hiring. The cop working a second job, or the retired cop, or retired Military Police will ordinarily get hired first. What the company looks for is in their job requirements.

Side note, I know a few long haul truck drivers who tell me companies like Walmart won't hire drivers unless they've put at least 20 years of safe driving under their belt. So, anytime you see a Walmart big rig out on the highway, now you'll know that driver behind the wheel has at least 20 years of a spotless driving record.
 MtRushmore1970
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 6:25:04 AM

July....the rent ranges from around $500 for smaller homes up to $800 for a 3 BR,2 Bath
Of course there are those that run higher, but those tend to be in more rural areas with at the least an 1/2 acre of land to go with it.
The most expensive apartments this area has seen just went in last year....these are 2000 square feet with every anemity possible and they run on average of $1200 a month.

That's what rent and housing prices are is here in western South Dakota.

Someone mentioned in this thread $400K homes being starter homes. Not here. $400K would get you a fairly modest house. Starter homes here average in the $150K range. Then of course there's location. Houses in the historical district of town start at or near a million. Most of the occupants of those homes are retired. And if you live up on a hill overlooking town, those homes average anywhere from $2 million up to $3 million.
 MtRushmore1970
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 6:29:37 AM
I should also add, rentals properties vary as well. Over on what I call the "yucky side of town", rent averages about $450-$500 a month. The newer rentals, like the old warehouse downtown, with 1 and 2 bedroom studio apartments, and the apartment complexes springing up around town start in the $1500/month range.
 calliopedreams
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 2:44:13 PM

Side note, I know a few long haul truck drivers who tell me companies like Walmart won't hire drivers unless they've put at least 20 years of safe driving under their belt. So, anytime you see a Walmart big rig out on the highway, now you'll know that driver behind the wheel has at least 20 years of a spotless driving record.

Oh, suuurre ... Maybe the drivers just haven't had their logs reviewed, properly.

Wal-Mart policies re: their OTR truckers are NOT anything of which to be proud.
Tracy Morgan's lawsuit alleged otherwise:
‘Walmart not only failed to condemn, but condoned this practice of its drivers routinely violating the F.M.S.C.A. Regulations,’ the suit says.
https://www.sleepapnea.org/3-years-later-tracy-morgan-jimmy-mack-walmart-and-drowsy-driving/

Too bad Wal-Mart "policies" didn't stop Kevin Roper, the Georgia truck driver, who’d been awake for 28 hours, and who was driving a WAL-MART big rig, from rear-ending a limo and killing comedian, James “Jimmy Mack” McNair, and seriously injuring actor Tracy Morgan.

The National Transportation Safety Board has sided with comedian Tracy Morgan in placing the blame for a deadly highway crash squarely on a sleep-deprived Wal-Mart truck driver.

Kevin Roper might have prevented the accident by slowing his vehicle to 45 mph, the posted limit along the stretch of New Jersey Turnpike then undergoing construction work. The truck had been traveling at ***65 mph*** (in a 45 mph), but is thought to have hit Morgan’s limo at 47-53 mph.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/08/12/shocking-images-of-tracy-morgan-crash-in-report-blaming-driver-of-wal-mart-truck/?utm_term=.72acf367f8d1
 lnitia
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 3:48:36 PM
I refuse to do business with wal-mart for the most part- i believe in 20 yrs i have utilized walmart in my home state five or six times- when traveling it sometimes is the best option and i concede to supply my monetary support of the obscene conglomerate.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do you care what a person does for work?