Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Science Says Finding Your Soul Mate Is Basically Impossible      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hemingway234
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Science Says Finding Your Soul Mate Is Basically ImpossiblePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
"Soul mate" is just another term for being in love. There are a number of people you could fall in love with over the course of your life, there are many potential "soul mates" out there for you.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Science Says Finding Your Soul Mate Is Basically Impossible
Posted: 11/9/2018 12:27:06 PM

Arranged marriages have a lower rate of divorce than marriages in the West anyway.

One shouldn't want to compare X-type of marriage to Y-type of marriage in totally different countries to measure X vs Y. That said though, arranged marriages happening here in the US are on the lower-end of divorce rates. Here in the US (and I'm sure elsewhere), from what I hear, is pretty much like arranged 1st dates -- and if you two click after a few dates... instead of getting naked & porking, you go ring shopping.

I can see arranged marriages (or arranged date setups to get married to someone ASAP, if you click) having a low divorced rate. If both parties truly buy into the concept -- the cultural shaping of those individuals is going to be on the low-end for divorces even when in an unideal relationship.
Posted: 11/11/2018 2:33:33 AM
Folks, in this day and age of modern technology, if you cant meet someone, the onus is on YOU
 Fascinator123
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2018 12:23:22 PM
We all have many 'soul mates'...and they don't necessarily have to be love interests. They can be anyone we are sympatico with and just have a natural affinity with. We have only one Twin Soul though...that's entirely different. A soul mate can be your other half or simply a friend or even a parent...all soul mates are there to teach us something and accept us for who we are. If you are lucky enough to meet your Twin Soul it will be a rollercoaster of a ride. Not many do as many Twin Souls are not even incarnated in the same time frame.Your twin soul is the other half of you....created as the counterpart to yourself. Twin Soul relationships may not be easy but if you meet yours ever you should recognise them on a soul level.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2018 12:32:51 PM

Folks, in this day and age of modern technology, if you cant meet someone, the onus is on YOU

It's not so much of a problem with "meeting" someone- out in real life vs. online (a whole different story), and risking a shot of pepper spray- it's making some type of a "connection" whereby the meeting is not just a passing one-time thing.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2018 3:02:15 PM
Most people think a soulmate is someone who is a romantic partner. In my experience it was quite the opposite. We were intimate but we had many problems and the relationship ended badly.

He was my soulmate because during this relationship he led me to find my weaknesses. He led me to see where I was spiritual lacking. He brought out the worst in me. He clearly made me see my flaws and shortcomings. He made it obvious to me to see what I needed to improve upon. He made me acknowledge that I needed a closer relationship with my higher power.

Simply put he brought me closer to God. Not all soulmates are loving, nurturing relationships. Some can slay you emotionally and bring out the deepest seeded pain that kept you from developing spiritually.

I hated him for awhile until I realized I should and was grateful for that relationship. It got me sober. It made me stronger. I became better in the process of healing the emotional wounds. I became a better mother, sister and friend. I healed. I found my weaknesses that were internalized in my being. He changed me forever. I am devote and faithful now and happier.

It was a roller coaster ride. I was on a constant merry-go-round but that ride made me find my inner child, my self loathing, my battered ego, my childhood scars, my broken pieces and most importantly my true self. The person I aspired to be.

I stopped allowing people to abuse me and walk all over me. I stopped negative and self depreciating behavior. I stopped sabotaging my own life by making poor choices. I stopped looking for validation through other people. I stopped trying to change so a man would love me. I stopped betraying myself. I stopped being a "people pleaser" and had a stronger desire to please God.

He was definitely my soulmate. He healed my soul and through my weaknesses I found my strengths. Not all soulmates will love you but all soulmates will lead you back to your God.

Thank you Scott.
 siisaa
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2018 12:21:50 PM

it's making some type of a "connection" whereby the meeting is not just a passing one-time thing.

Good point. This notion of expecting to meet your match during a (typical) one-time meet actually sets one up for failure more than success.
 cw35
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2018 10:11:19 PM
There's no such thing as a "soul mate". There are just people you get along with on a lot of levels and people you don't. The thought that out of billions of people there is only one you should actually be with is ridiculous. It's even more ridiculous that so many "soul mates" seem to coincidentally live in the same area.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Science Says Finding Your Soul Mate Is Basically Impossible