Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > So I guess he's still with his significant other?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Angelboat
Msg: 26
view profile
History
So I guess he's still with his significant other?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
@ norwegianguy , would it have been better if i just ghosted him then? I no longer had any desire to continue with the arragement anymore since we clearly wanted different things.So I thought letting him know was the right thing to do given we've known each other for over a year.
I wanted romance and companionship and I eventually realize I was forcing something that will never happen with him.The wake up call is when was ignored valentine's day and din't return my messages when i professed my feelings for him.Then started a conversation a day later with sexual innuendos
 NewYorker58
Msg: 27
view profile
History
So I guess he's still with his significant other?
Posted: 8/22/2018 1:03:47 PM
You say he's a cheater and always will be, yet that didn't bother you until he dumped you.

He's cheating on who? His wife, and......you. You forgot he has a wife he's still having sex with? With his free time, since you were car sex only, he had all that free time to see a 2nd and 3rd person. Still, can't believe this story is real, that someone could be that stupid, really playing at being stupid, because he was honest and said he's with his wife.
 Angelboat
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2018 2:54:36 PM
He didn't dump me... He’s was willing to keep seeing me indefinitely under these terms.But,I wanted more than a relationship that has limitations and compartmentalizing and wanted to see each other and hang out and do other things that show I'm being valued beyond sex on delivery. Which is why i told him that I no longer wish continue because reality finally hit me that it will never transform into open an relationship.

Believe it or not ..I started out not wanting to be side chick and he didn't specifically say he is married either.He just said he was still living with his baby mommy for practical reasons for the time being until he finds a place of his own , they were not romantically involved and sleep in separate rooms. A year later he still lives at home and his availability would suggest otherwise... hence why I stopped seeing him
 whiterose0
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2018 4:29:46 PM

Believe it or not ..I started out not wanting to be side chick

When did you change your mind and decide you did want to be side chick?
 Angelboat
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2018 5:24:48 PM
It was a gradual realization instead of waking up one day and realizing it had to end.

As a matter of fact , I never wanted to be one in the first place nor was it enjoyable for me mentally, that he goes home to another woman at end of the day. I know that sound weird seeing how I stuck around for year but It did bother me.Could have been guilt that I suppressed and masked.

It became a routine and he was like crutch/habit.I struggled thinking about making a break for months but as long as I got to see him for one more day, that was another day more to make excuses for myself. . Nothing was ever enough motivation.There times I would tell myself this is it , I don't want to be part of this anymore only to be drawn right back in when my phone would vibrate with this message

I would describe it as, for example, that feeling you get where say you have a deadline or task to accomplish and you've procrastinated and went to do something fun with friends instead. You're on the beach, drinking, laughing, having fun but in the back of your mind you're thinking about that deadline and kinda worried about it and maybe even slightly anxious so you're not fully present. That to me was like being the other woman. Having fun, feeling happy sometimes, but still having this kind of anxious feeling like I'm putting off the inevitable. So I was never truly content.

What finally made me snap out of it?

The feeling that I couldnt live with the idea that it was unlikely to ever be more than it was.

I asked myself if i wanted to be in same place 5 years from now or more? Also what if his wife/ SO were to find out?He would probably drop me like bad habit to protect his relationship.So it was It was about self-preservation .

It's not something I would do again though...It took a toll on my self worth and did further demange to my self esteem.I didn't enjoy being the other woman.And I definately learned my lesson to not get involved with anyone unless they're truly available.I was truly shocked when I realize that I had been used and lied to..It might be hard for some to understand but I was really that naive
 apriloveswhiteroses
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/22/2018 11:36:30 PM

I went in with the expectation that this will be temporary and he would be free and be all mine.. but a year later he still lives with his wife and won t see me outside his work hours. He hasn t been at my place either so we usually hook up in my car or secluded outdoors

That man have being treating you as the lowest of the low.!! ( No, a prostitute is not the lowest, they get paid for that)
If you allowed him doing that to you for year or so, then you need a profesional help, because there is something
Wrong with you when do not differentiate between respect and disrespect.!
But then, what else can be expected from a woman like you who wants the other woman man?
He knew you have NO morals so he took advantage of that.. Sex in the car all the time..for him you didn't deserve more than that.!!
You didn't care about hurting the wife, the kids by taking away their dad, karma did slap your face.!!
 julystorm22
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2018 10:31:44 PM
I think you just must have really liked him. I can understand wanting to be with someone who in reality probably has many of the qualities you want in a man (well, other than the lack of faithfulness). If you are someone who struggles to find someone you are attracted to who likes you back, you hold on to that hope that he'll fall in love with you. I have never been the other woman but I get how women fall for a guy like that. And you took so long to let go because you were holding out so much hope and you feared that if you let him go then you would never gt the attention of a guy you like ever again.
 hemingway234
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2018 6:16:30 AM
yeah, it's a common story - married man wants some fun on the side so tells you he will get divorced - it never happens and you are just the other woman........at least you came to your senses and got out.

Guys, you have to stop dating people that are married or in relationships! What are you thinking?

She's not 21, she's 33 if you took the time to peruse her posting history:

- I'm not sure what her age is, but she's a lair.

And no I don't believe I'm main sauce

- it's all 'bout dat sauce, and it's all 'bout dat bass!
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > So I guess he's still with his significant other?