Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Triggers in profile photos      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Triggers in profile photosPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

And if they looked like Diana Ross, circa 1964, you would swiftly disregard the above.

Damn! You know me well. I would get her off of the market at record speed...
 purplerider1200
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Triggers in profile photos
Posted: 8/17/2018 2:49:03 PM

Men in front of houses, motorcycles or cars as if to say look what all comes with me.

<<<< It's just a photo of me and my baby. Is it any different than photos of women with their kids & grandkids? Or their critters?
 julystorm22
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2018 3:20:20 PM
Pictures of guys with their dogs. Sorry, while I am okay with dogs and there are dogs I've liked a lot, I am not a crazy dog person or cat person. I don't want to be with someone who treats his dog or cat like his baby. To me they are animals and they can be your friend but I just don't feel the way about my pets as some people do. I guess it's from growing up a farm kid or something.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2018 9:41:00 PM
How about pics of Roy Rodgers horse.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2018 10:56:48 PM
{Pictures of guys with their dogs. Sorry, while I am okay with dogs and there are dogs I've liked a lot, I am not a crazy dog person or cat person. I don't want to be with someone who treats his dog or cat like his baby. To me they are animals and they can be your friend but I just don't feel the way about my pets as some people do. I guess it's from growing up a farm kid or something. } I feel the same. I see lots of profiles with their pets in every pic, stating 'must love dogs' and their profile being about their dog. it's cool if you have a dog but I don't want to date it! I will not play second to your dog, it isn't coming on our dates and my plans will not revolve around it!
 cooldog65
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2018 12:20:52 AM

I feel the same. I see lots of profiles with their pets in every pic, stating 'must love dogs' and their profile being about their dog. it's cool if you have a dog but I don't want to date it! I will not play second to your dog, it isn't coming on our dates and my plans will not revolve around it!

Gotta give you the high five 🖐 for your statement. I feel the same way about little kids, too.
 five-marie
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2018 2:49:10 AM
I agree, dog pictures are a red flag to me. Knew a few men who treated their dogs like their babies, were totally obsessed with them. Also shirtless pictures. No reason for this while you're sitting at your computer.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2018 8:13:00 AM

Open toilets, there is never a reason to have an open toilet unless you are using it or cleaning it. That's why toilets have lids, both men and women need to shut the lid. Toilets with open lids are dangerous to pets, children, and anything falling into them. Drives me nuts to see an open toilet.

Well said.

Toilets seem like a negative for everyone.

Some of the things people mention are negative to some viewers, positive to others, therefore they're ideal in profile photos because they weed out the people who dislike them and might be a plus for those who like them. Will always have pet photos. The anti-pet people can be glad I save them time by getting them to swipe no early on, as opposed to exchanging a dozen messages before discovering the "trigger" exists. Smokers on Tinder should have photos with the cigarette pack, ashtray, etc. Harley riders should wear Harley apparel and/or have a photo next to or on the bike.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2018 8:40:36 AM
The anti-pet people can be glad I save them time by getting them to swipe no early on, ^^^^ I agree mostly. I am not 'anti-pet' but not interested in someone that has pets as their priority. they would do better with like minded partners. went on a date last week and she had to check on her dogs several times while we were out. wanted to come on my camping trip but couldn't because of her dogs. one picture with a dog, maybe a trigger but not a deal breaker. main profile pic of your dog, every pic has your dogs, pics of just the dogs or headlines 'must love dogs' are all triggers! I do agree that it is a positive for a guy seeking that but some are a bit over the top.
 julystorm22
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2018 8:57:45 AM
I'm not anti-pet either. I do like a lot of dogs and I would have one of my own but to me they are secondary, not as important as people. My ex mother-in-law loved her dogs for than her kids and grandkids and even fed them from a fork at her table. Drove me nuts.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2018 10:54:02 AM
Two things I'm seeing more of that I just bug me. One is guys in bed. Not sexy in the least. The other is using those animal filters. Some are cutesy, but most have just become annoying.
 acrosstheplains
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/21/2018 2:44:43 PM
I'd say that the animal etc filters are used now by 50% of women, I can't say about men.... Maybe it's a confidence thing. Bit like wearing a baseball cap or dark shades. Or no pic at all.......
Oh and women use the bed shot, also the halfway up the stairs shot.... And the leaning forward showing cleavage shot. But those women clearly state in their profiles: looking to marry, don't do one nights, not here to swap dirty pictures or cam sox
 anyuser82
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/21/2018 3:35:08 PM
If "trigger" is my trigger am I triggered or no?
 whiterose0
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2018 7:46:31 AM
Pictures showing a dingy, outdated kitchen with an old refrigerator plastered with tacky magnets are a total turn-off.
 siisaa
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2018 11:25:47 AM
This thread is hilarious!

Some of mine:

- pictures of just a car or motorcycle. Some guy had numerous pictures of the same hideous charcoal Dodge Charger in different angles. No woman cares. Are you trying to impress women or other men who like muscle cars? Seems clueless to me. Another man had a picture of him posing alongside a Jaguar F-Type SVR but his occupation was listed as "security guard". You're not foolish me, dude. That was someone's else whip.

- dog or cat-obsessed profiles. I'm a cat person but no animal is more important than a human being.

- pictures with a bunch of other women, especially if it's obvious they're not his relatives.

- dead animals. **** off with that bullshit.

- shirtless dudes. Screams narcissistic egotist.

- professional modeling photos.

- Memes

- Pictures of body parts or tattoos

- Selfies where the camera is entirely too close to the person's face.

- pictures of the person's Snapchat or Instagram handle. I see this with way more women's profiles but it's still dumb.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2018 9:05:25 PM
Since I don't view men's profiles I'll restrict my thoughts to women. I'm 67 and the low age for my searches are 60. What triggers me to move on is a photo where it's obvious the woman (in the photo) is twenty years younger that the age stated in the profile. A 60 something year old woman posting a photo that is obviously a mid to late 40's woman is hiding herself. Not confident in how she looks.
 am70sguy
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2018 1:47:28 AM
Stupid filters where they are putting crap all over their face. Softening/blur filters to hide their wrinkles. 5-6 college pics and one current pic.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2018 5:51:19 AM
The photos strictly of the crotch area where it was obviously enhanced by some padding or rolled-up socks make me laugh.
 jco415
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/24/2018 6:21:28 AM
The beach/pool hip to toe shot....usually with a drink in hand...what is that a Corona advertisement?
 cooldog65
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2018 6:56:47 AM
^^^ I'm with you on that. I call it the leg/foot shot. Just another dumb trend...
 ssm508
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2018 7:45:01 AM
Pictures with only head shots.
Pictures that are blurry.

Many of the other things people have mentioned aren't dealbreakers. It doesn't bother me if a woman has pictures of herself with a man, sunglasses, animals, cars, alcoholic beverage etc.
 zsuzsa62
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/24/2018 10:05:35 AM
Triggers in profile photos...

The one that's attached to a gun, beside a dead animal.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2018 4:15:45 PM
Dead animals; pictures that have other people in them (I always wonder whether the others would consent to their photo out there that way); shirtless pictures; pictures in bed; pictures taken in a hotel room; pictures of mudding competitions; pictures at the gym… holy Hannah, I could go on :-).
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2018 4:52:13 PM
No triggers but both her barrels readying to leap out out
of a perfectly nice dress.Then they all cap you
with NO PERVERTS!
 jco415
Msg: 50
Posted: 8/24/2018 7:07:16 PM

^^^ I'm with you on that. I call it the leg/foot shot. Just another dumb trend...
I always assume that's the best shot they could get and any other angle would show how fat they are...
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Triggers in profile photos