Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Triggers in profile photos      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 zonavar68
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Triggers in profile photosPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Animal filters, aka snapchat filters, or similar, are an immediate turn-off. Photos are supposed to be of the real genuine you, not the 'what I want people to think about me' you.

It's almost like "my son or daughter created my profile for me" with 'modified' images.

The other thing is phone screenshots - how often do you find those in someone's profile... I'm hopeless at selfies, but where possible I try to take some since nobody else is going to be taking pics of me usually. It's not like I can just ask a random person on the street to take a 'meetcute' type pseudo-romantic type of selfie photo for a dating website. ;-)
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Triggers in profile photos
Posted: 8/26/2018 8:31:05 PM
Pictures of Renaissance Faires, makes think I'm dealing with an actor or player or just someone odd. My niece's husband is a Renaissance Faire attendee and Civil War enactor and is a big Dr. Who fan with his own Tardis call box in his back yard. He is a nice enough guy but I can't help but think some day my niece will find the call box and him have gone time traveling. He is a bit odd but I wonder if he spends much time in reality.
 winfieldbrian
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2018 12:18:40 PM
- Pictures of animals without their owner holding them

- Pictures of "witty" sayings, not of the profile's owner

- Pictures of group shots without identifying who the profile's owner is
 newstart1949
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 11:32:05 AM
Maybe its because of age but what irks me is men posting photos of them in bed or of only of their top portion with nothing on.
 moraima
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 12:20:20 PM
Pictures of non freshly shaved men make me click next.

In my age group, I would guess that only 10 percent of men do not have some form of facial hair.
I would rather never date again than watch a man with food or drink in his facial hair.

I realize most women put up with facial hair rather than go without a man, but I just can not bring myself to have facial hair touch my face.

Such is life.

Thank God men my age in the country I winter in are 99 percent clean shaven. Probably due to the heat.
 julystorm22
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 4:07:42 PM
I prefer no facial hair or nicely trimmed. Definitely no mountain man beards.
 Rumours
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/2/2018 5:19:02 PM

Definitely no mountain man beards

Wait until you're my age....it seems a lot of older Canadian single men think...looking for dates like they haven't seen a razor or shower in weeks, is desirable or attractive.
Or....They pose on a bed shirtless...too funny.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 5:59:25 PM
Hey Rumours, I know!!! As a fat women I feel guilty, but I find it humorous when some of those guys have bigger boobs than me.
 julystorm22
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 6:06:35 PM

Wait until you're my age....it seems a lot of older Canadian single men think...looking for dates like they haven't seen a razor or shower in weeks, is desirable or attractive.
Or....They pose on a bed shirtless...too funny.

Sadly, that's common to my age group too.
 willrun4cake
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2018 7:45:51 PM
I don't mind facial hair at all. I mean, nothing too wild and no food storage, but some men rock the hair.
 apriloveswhiteroses
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/2/2018 9:35:30 PM
Pictures of a Lamborghini in a parking lot.. Clearly is not his car, why having that pic in his profile?
Same goes for pics of expensive and facy motorcycle without him in it.
Indoors pictures only... to me they seem creepy/ weird ...unless they state disability on "about me" section.
Of course Hunter pics:(:(......totally against them!!! It is in my profile.
 grover14
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2018 5:55:52 AM
I don't like the grizzly mountain man beards either. Maybe that fad will go away. I've been thinking of shaving my beard for awhile now. But I look like a dork even when I trim it short. Wonder if I would get more interest from the ladies?
 2ufo
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2018 9:21:16 AM
Grover...
I don't particularly like beards, but your looks great on you.
Still, if you trim it shorter or shave it completely, you look like you have a great looking smile.... and that, I think, would be a great asset to show off.
 hemingway234
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2018 1:30:14 PM
Photos that turn you off are good........they keep you away from people who are not the catch of the day or the pick of the litter!
 BlueEyedHonesty4u
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 10/21/2018 6:18:57 PM
Mine is.....and don't get mad at me for using the word is "resting b*tch face". If your going to have a profile photo at least try to look approachable. When I see a pic like that I worry you have already passed judgement on all men. Another is profile pics with more than one person in them, are you hoping someone will be attracted to one of the three people standing in the picture? They might go into shock on the first date when that one doesn't show up.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2018 7:02:27 AM
Grover, I don't think you should shave your beard if that is the look you like for yourself. Besides, that would still leave you with a mustache so those who don't care for facial hair still might feel less attraction. And I say that as a person who does not like facial hair. If you want to shave it because it is a change you desire, go for it. But if you want to change because you wonder if you might get more interest from females, I would not. It is one thing for us to change because we see something as a negative and want to improve, but I feel it's very different to allow outside drivers to be the impetus for that change. There is always going to be something others don't find appealing about us. We'll never please everyone or even a majority in lots of cases.
 whiterose0
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2018 10:42:11 AM
In my age group, I see many photos of men wearing what look to me like toupees. They're not fooling anyone. I think they'd look much better bald.
 grover14
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2018 1:11:09 PM
Thank you for your opinion, Curvy. I've decided to keep the facial hair, I think with my haircut, it might be too much skin. Haha!

Whiterose, true, I get a chuckle out of some of the toupees, they're just bad. They should ditch the rug and join us baldies, I highly recommend it.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2018 1:12:42 PM
Agree about the toupees. Mind you, quite a few women I know wear extensions and a few wear wigs (only one looks obvious) so I'm not sure it's that different.
Looks are often very subjective anyways. There are not many men where I live that I find even remotely attractive. But they are mostly coupled up with someone pretty good looking so I guess my taste isn't that accurate. It isn't always the case that I find myself wondering how a male ended up snagging someone I perceive as a great catch relative to him. Last night I was out at a chain restaurant and there was a young man there (maybe 33) who was nothing short of a work of art. I mean the guy was beyond beautiful and freaking distracting. He walked past me twice and it was all I could do not to take my phone out and snap a photo - make the thing poster size and plaster it on my walls ... he was really something!! But, his girlfriend was pretty average in my opinion. She was younger - maybe 26 - nothing more to look at than most 26 year old females. But, she might be brilliant and beyond kind and really funny and incredibly hard-working. I have no idea. All I know is that if I were her, I'm pretty sure my basic body temperature would be elevated by at least a couple degrees each time he was near. My goodness, but he was something... getting warm in here so have to stop thinking back to him ;-).
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2018 12:07:29 PM

Pictures of a Lamborghini in a parking lot.. Clearly is not his car,

Yes, a guy needs to be actually sitting behind the wheel of the Lamborghini, holding up the pink slip.

And look like this:

I mean the guy was beyond beautiful and freaking distracting. it was all I could do not to take my phone out and snap a photo - make the thing poster size and plaster it on my walls ... he was really something!!
 zonavar68
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2018 3:45:16 PM

Pictures of non freshly shaved men make me click next.

I have facial hair and I'm proud of it because it's part of who I am. I fully get though that a lot of women seem to be repulsed by it. In the same way, I'm repulsed by women who have their nether regions smooth as a baby's bottom. Some men shave their nether regions too (not me!).

It's entirely a personal choice whether someone shaves or does not shave their face, their nether regions, their legs, their armpits, etc. Some men (apparently me included) look better with facial hair, or even the full bearding way.

Women who sport painted on almost fake eyebrows and eyes that are accentuated with far too much (basically any) eye makeup stuff are up there in the realm of 'too kitchy' as well.

As adults we should be accepting others for who and what they are, not who and what we want them to be. That's a major trigger of relationships falling apart IMHO.
 moraima
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2018 4:04:10 PM
"As adults we should be accepting others for who and what they are, not who and what we want them to be. That's a major trigger of relationships falling apart IMHO."

Imo, good grooming improves relationships. Not a fan of anyone (man or woman) who can't keep themselves looking neat and tidy.

"It's entirely a personal choice whether someone shaves or does not shave"

Absolutely.

It is also personal choice to stay away from people who creep me out.
 daynadaze
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2018 6:35:54 PM
Alas I too have facial hair, it started off as light slight fuzz and as I age, it has gotten thicker, longer, and darker. Sigh.
 calliopedreams
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2018 9:37:59 PM

As adults we should be accepting others for who and what they are, not who and what we want them to be.

I'm repulsed by women who have their nether regions smooth as a baby's bottom.

These seem like contradictory statements, so perhaps you are unaware of the seeming hypocrisy you display.

At any rate, as an adult, I am aware of the folly of trying to change someone in order to please myself.
Therefore, I accept the reality of the situation and, when it comes to someone I find fundamentally at odds with my preferences, I simply leave them be (the operative word being "leave").
 cw35
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2018 5:44:30 PM
- Women with Adam's apples are a big trigger.
- Women posting a pic with four other women so you have no clue which one they are.
- Women who use phone apps with those weird eyes, ears and face smoothing tech so you can't tell how old they are or what they really look like.
- Older women that think making duck lips like a teenage girl in every shot is somehow cute when they have so many wrinkles it basically just makes their mouth look like an ***hole.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Triggers in profile photos