Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Living at home.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Living at home.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
We must clone this man.....right now! What a catch he is for the right woman!
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Living at home.
Posted: 9/16/2018 10:37:18 PM
DANG... I sneezed and missed this whole thang....

but Mr Oldwxman did take me back to just 14 months ago.. when I was living across continent and away from elderly mother... I had been super happy, no friends but just happy and content... but my mother was ageing... my sister did not want her 'close by' so made no effort to assist in a public housing transfer... and so I considered my own 'unimaginable' to relocate and 'live close by' to offer alternate daily assistance. (mother was a fiercely independent old thang)

I was going to explore housing options on a 'visit' (hadn't been in the state for 8 years) and mother appeared excited when she 'liked' that announcement status on Wastebook...
That night she took a fall in her home, expedited my visit by two weeks and died July fourth...

I'm not saying we were 'close'... (in fact I found out her true feelings about me in that visit) but recognising the 'good' (it would have been good for my son too) that would have come from the decision...

so all in all, there's a lot to consider... and it appears to have been done in this scenario... (but before my son moves back home to see out 'my' final days... he has to leave home first... see me in 5 years when I run away from home and make him live 'independently'... )
 oldwxman
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Living at home.
Posted: 9/26/2018 2:10:19 PM
Made it. Profile updated and all.

It's only been a day and I hate it already. Being back with my family is awesome but Phoenix just plain stinks. When I was 17, I joined the Navy to get out of this place. I knew that there was no way that I would be stationed here because there is no ocean.

Last night, I went to see my HS girlfriend. She is widowed with one grown kid. A son. It was nice to see her again but it dredged up why I left in the first place. She was okay back then but it was her that I complained to all of the time and I plotted my escape with her. We talked about those times and the memories came roaring back.

Maybe I'll get used to it.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Living at home.
Posted: 9/26/2018 2:20:31 PM

but Phoenix just plain stinks.

I knew that there was no way that I would be stationed here because there is no ocean.

WHAT???!!

You mean that oceanfront lot I bought there- sight unseen-for $1000 last week doesn't exist???

@#%& !
 julystorm22
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Living at home.
Posted: 9/26/2018 9:08:40 PM
Come up to Saskatchewan in mid-December. You'll yearn for Phoenix.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Living at home.
Posted: 9/27/2018 6:20:15 AM

It's only been a day and I hate it already. Being back with my family is awesome but Phoenix just plain stinks. When I was 17, I joined the Navy to get out of this place. I knew that there was no way that I would be stationed here because there is no ocean.

You were living in Iowa ?? My mind always goes to endless waves of corn and farms when I think of Iowa. Not a place on my top 25 places to move to. It does beat out Dallas Tx on my list.

Though I would't want to move to Phoenix either, too hot for me.

At least in Phoenix you can drive 6 hours to the ocean.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Living at home.
Posted: 10/16/2018 3:06:34 PM
Life is short. Live with and near the people you love. When they are gone there is no more time. Time is a precious commodity.
 oldwxman
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Living at home.
Posted: 10/16/2018 3:52:17 PM
*Life is short. Live with and near the people you love. When they are gone there is no more time. Time is a precious commodity.

Thank you Penny. Phoenix still stinks but I am starting to cocoon myself and not deal with the outside world. I am very grateful that I have my whole family around except one nephew who is away in the Air Force. He comes home around Christmas.

Still seeing my high school girlfriend a couple of times a week. We are still close but not intimate. The old sparks just aren't there anymore. But hey? We lived most of our lives apart.

A very sad thing happened a couple of days ago. My sister's best friend died. She was my sister's friend because of age but I have known her literally all of her life. She was a very sweet girl and she will be missed by practically everybody who knew her.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Living at home.
Posted: 10/16/2018 5:03:20 PM
^^^

A very sad thing happened a couple of days ago. My sister's best friend died. She was my sister's friend because of age but I have known her literally all of her life. She was a very sweet girl and she will be missed by practically everybody who knew her.

I now live in my home town as well. Have known a lot of folks most of my life. BFF since third grade. We go to the movies together most every Wednesday Night. Sometimes I think what life will be like with one of us gone. Her gone mostly. I will miss her fiercely.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Living at home.
Posted: 10/17/2018 8:25:58 AM
"I am very grateful that I have my whole family around"

I lost my mother when I was ten, she died of cancer in 1968 and my father when I was 22, he passed from liver disease. Yes, OP you are blessed to still have them.

Don't stay in that cocoon too long. You will someday turn into a butterfly and you will feel settled and established there. Get out even if it is to go for a walk and smile at people and engage with them. A stranger is only a friend you haven't met yet.
 oldwxman
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Living at home.
Posted: 10/17/2018 6:59:16 PM
*I now live in my home town as well. Have known a lot of folks most of my life. BFF since third grade. We go to the movies together most every Wednesday Night. Sometimes I think what life will be like with one of us gone. Her gone mostly. I will miss her fiercely.

**Yes, OP you are blessed to still have them.

It's sort of ironic. I hate Phoenix but am very glad to be back. Stacy's death made it all worth it. I came to be with my Dad. Little did I know that God's reason to point me back here was to be my baby sister's big brother again. I was here to comfort her when she needed me. My sister is 53 but it was just like when she was 10. As perverse as it is, I gained a great deal of inner satisfaction knowing that my sister still needed me.
 julystorm22
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Living at home.
Posted: 10/18/2018 12:14:44 AM
I have a brother that is a bachelor who is often there for me. I am very grateful for both my siblings. I've been able to lean on the a little this past tough year which was great.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Living at home.