Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Not looking for hookups anymore      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whiterose0
Msg: 251
view profile
History
Not looking for hookups anymorePage 11 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)

Overall, sexual hookup behavior among college women was positively correlated with experiencing depression, SV, and STI.
Casual sex was negatively associated with well-being and positively associated with psychological distress.
I don't have anything against you and don't mean to offend. I pick a side based on what knowledge I have and will then research it and post the evidence. If you have opposing evidence from research I would be interested in seeing it.

How about opposing evidence from the same source?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5325674/
 2ufo
Msg: 252
view profile
History
Not looking for hookups anymore
Posted: 10/8/2018 11:21:39 AM
from the other thread about the same subject...

Personally I don't care if people do casual sex.

Then why are you judging people who have casual sex?
And, yes.. you are occasionally inconsistent.
No big deal, many people are.
Sometimes it's simply an emphasis on what is being debated in the group and a misunderstanding of the written word.

Having careless casual sex... yeah, that's a no-go.

From actual studies: Overall, sexual hookup behavior among college women was positively correlated with experiencing depression, SV, and STIs. Casual sex was negatively associated with well-being and positively associated with psychological distress.

So, in conclusion, college-aged people (who lack judgement) should not have casual sex.
I'll agree with that. In our modern society where people live 8 decades, people don't get a clue until they're about 27 or so.

from whiterose's citated study (citations removed and my bolding):

Hooking up has received increased attention in both the popular press and the research literature, where a common theme has been that hooking up has negative consequences, especially for women. Negative outcomes may include regretting a partner or how far it went sexually; sexual dissatisfaction; and feelings of shame, loneliness, or embarrassment. Hookups have also been found to be associated with depression, sexual victimization, and sexually transmitted infections. However, recent work has highlighted the importance of understanding motivations for casual sex in interpreting the effects of hookups on emotional well-being.

So, I suspect that people who hook up because they're drunk or want a warm body to sleep next to have more negative effects than people who seek out casual sex because they want to... ta-da... have sex.
I suspect people with ulterior motives for having sex have more negative effects than people who actually want sex because it's great fun.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2018 11:43:27 AM
I think the research I mentioned is stronger evidence as it positively correlates casual sex/hook ups with depression, psychological distress and STIs and negatively correlates it with well-being. See Bersamin et al. (2014)
In the research you mentioned the positives of casual sex were listed as; sexual satisfaction, general positive emotions, increased confidence, and clarification of feelings. Those positives seem pretty weak in comparison to correlations with depression, STIs and psychological distress.
Furthermore, while a large percent (71%) experienced atleast one, when you break it down the highest is only a smallish portion, only 23% experiencing sexual satisfaction, 21% experiencing general positive emotions, only 11% experiencing increased confidence, and only 11% experiencing clarification of feelings.
This type of research was just a simple online survey in which responses were counted and reported. It did not even involve any correlation or regression like my evidence.
Also that research did not attempt to correlate casual sex with those specific emotional constructs or vice versa.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 254
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2018 11:45:25 AM

*DO YOU BELIEVE ME NOW GUYS?

old wxman writes....
No, I am afraid not. Get it through your head. You are a Muslim. You are the other. You need to be dealt with before you do something Islamic like blow up a building or cut up a little girl's privates. That's what you do. That's what you are. We are willing to come to terms with damaged but never with barbaric.n...

^^ got to agree w/ ya,,, that dude rants on women every chance he gets, has some serious issues regarding women, And dont actually read a profile to read about a poster, just makes inaccurate rants and assumptions.
He is the definition of what cant be fixed.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2018 11:59:24 AM

Then why are you judging people who have casual sex

I was more judgemental about men because a lot use women for casual sex (in a bad way) but I do care about women. In terms of I hope they are protecting themselves and not getting hurt. You have to realize men have sex with basically double the amount of people women do (8 vs 18) and have casual sex literally 2.5 (more than double) times more than women (18.6 vs 7.4).
Women have double the stds though and seem to contract them more easily and men get checked for stds waaay less than women.
The point I'm trying to make is it's linked to depression, and negative psychological consequences and stis. As well as since men are less safe by not getting checked they are putting us women at risk. It's basically a man's game women can't win unless they are sterilized and make sure the guy gets tested. Of course I don't know how you could compensate for the correlates of depression and neg. psychological conseqences lol.
 whiterose0
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2018 12:39:28 PM

I was more judgemental about men because a lot use women for casual sex (in a bad way) but I do care about women. In terms of I hope they are protecting themselves and not getting hurt.

It doesn't appear to me as if you care about women, going by your judgmental statements here:

People who don't want hookups are better quality than those who do.
People who want hookups usually have some sort of hang ups or are emotionally unavailable.

"People" encompasses women as well as men, the last time I looked.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 257
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2018 1:16:00 PM
I said that so I don't get further harassed by men, seems like I'm getting harassed by women instead lol. They're preferable though I guess, if you have seen what that muslim dude has been saying lol
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2018 2:51:48 PM
^^^ i have reported him, for the posts using profanity to you and I.

As ya grow older, you will come to know that men and women are very much wanting to do what they feel works best for them. and to live and let live.
 Onelionheart
Msg: 259
Posted: 10/8/2018 4:37:29 PM

DO YOU BELIEVE ME NOW GUYS?

old wxman writes....
No, I am afraid not. Get it through your head. You are a Muslim. You are the other. You need to be dealt with before you do something Islamic like blow up a building or cut up a little girl's privates. That's what you do. That's what you are. We are willing to come to terms with damaged but never with barbaric.n...

^^ got to agree w/ ya,,, that dude rants on women every chance he gets, has some serious issues regarding women, And dont actually read a profile to read about a poster, just makes inaccurate rants and assumptions.

Does your kids know her whore mom is running behind young men?
 Onelionheart
Msg: 260
Posted: 10/8/2018 4:49:11 PM

*DO YOU BELIEVE ME NOW GUYS?

old wxman writes....

Did you tell me how many times your husband call you lame?

Stop masturbating if you do, it is so pathetic to do in your age.

Is not nice to finish the job that your ex-husband wish to complete?

I know for the fact, the more you get insults, the more you are going to come for more Mrs. Camel Toe.:)

BTW, the older the woman gets, the bad smell comes from out from her camel toes?
 MsMicki
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2018 6:45:26 PM

In the research you mentioned the positives of casual sex were listed as; sexual satisfaction, general positive emotions, increased confidence, and clarification of feelings. Those positives seem pretty weak in comparison to correlations with depression, STIs and psychological distress.

Good Lord....as already stated....you have an "opinion"....and nothing will sway it.

Here's some "research" for you....
I did "casual sex" for quite a few years with a FWB...
I was going to school full time, running my own business and taking care of a couple acres of land and home...
I had no desire for a relationship because I didn't have the time or inclination to invest into it...
I was fully capable of loving someone, not emotionally damaged and promise you my "quality" is right up there with the best of them...
I just desired intimacy occassionally....not just the sex, but the physical connection of 2 bodies joined as one....the kissing, the touching, the talking...
So when you go throwing your judgements around....you are dissing me....and many women just like me.
You can stick your so called research right up your childish ass...
because I can throw you a hundred surveys/researches right back at ya that refutes yours...
there is always research that supports....and always research that refutes any topic you care to dig up.
But some good ole' grown up, human experience will always be the "truth" I prefer.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2018 7:12:31 PM

..............and many women just like me.

You rang? I'll high five ya ! A mature woman, regardless of her age, owns her sexuality, takes full responsibility.
Whatever her personal choices, she blames no one, makes no excuses, no apologies necessary.
 oldwxman
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2018 9:03:30 PM
*BTW, the older the woman gets, the bad smell comes from out from her camel toes?

I think that we all can agree that you would be the one to know about camel toes.
 Onelionheart
Msg: 264
Posted: 10/8/2018 11:49:48 PM

I think that we all can agree that you would be the one to know about camel toes.

I think both of you know that camel toes very well, since you both have one. Is not that correct?
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2018 1:47:33 AM
MsMicki, by casual sex I meant sleeping with lots of randoms like 1NS, not a steady fwb lol. My intention was not to implicate you personally in "dissing". Way too sensitive.
I had a fwb too for about 2 years but very infrequently. I didn't kiss the fwb or touch. Ugh I'm getting a huge migraine. My research evidence was better though but anyway.
 MsMicki
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2018 6:05:58 AM
didn't kiss or touch your FWB???
so he was there strictly just to "service" you....

pot.....meet kettle!!
 cooldog65
Msg: 267
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2018 6:40:10 AM
Sometimes the sex just isn't worth the headache...
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2018 6:57:56 AM
old wxman
*BTW, the older the woman gets, the bad smell comes from out from her camel toes? (troll lion)

I read the definition in Urban dictionary that the Camel toe reference is about women whom wear very tight revealing pants, ect. so he is prob checking these women out. Because as a muslim troll who has been to Germany, he prob has same interaction w/ women.

He also seems to want to know details about sexual history, ill bet to use as spank materiel. Sienna prob inadvertently gave him lots.

he is a lame dofus troll.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2018 7:51:42 AM

didn't kiss or touch your FWB???
so he was there strictly just to "service" you....
pot.....meet kettle!!

Why kiss someone I'm not into. Intimacy is only for someone I actually love. It was meant to be just about servicing me yeah, I don't get into fwb situations where I'm not the beneficiary. He wasn't allowed or meant to get off.
I can be a bit of a git, not gonna lie lol.
It ended when he did something that made me very angry and then I started liking someone else and slept with them but that was pretty crap. Then my fwb got upset I wouldn't sleep with him anymore but slept with a different guy.
It is kinda complicated because the fwb was my ex that I was with for like 5-6yrs.

also seems to want to know details about sexual history, ill bet to use as spank materiel. Sienna prob inadvertently gave him lots.

Prob because he's an inadequate virgin lol.
Apparently he has kids but I doubt he even has the skills to make them
 julystorm22
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2018 7:59:20 AM
That just doesn't make sense. Why would he be a fwb if he gets nothing out of it? The goot part about fwb is that its mutually beneficial.
 cooldog65
Msg: 271
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2018 8:30:42 AM

It is kinda complicated

After reading thru the drivel, I'd rather get jacked off by a midget...
 whiterose0
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2018 8:44:13 AM

After reading thru the drivel, I'd rather get jacked off by a midget...

Aww.. I see the camel toe jockey is gone.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2018 9:09:50 AM

I don't get into fwb situations where I'm not the beneficiary. He wasn't allowed or meant to get off.
I can be a bit of a git, not gonna lie lol.

Yeah, you have an angst against men. :) That's not a FWB -- that's an almost-FWB-to-be, but instead a frienemy-to-be f-ing with them like that. You don't get what you want when you (or others) are in a FWB -- therefore, you're "getting back". A sense of control. He's a guy, he should take it, right? ;)

That just doesn't make sense. Why would he be a fwb if he gets nothing out of it? The goot part about fwb is that its mutually beneficial.

It makes sense when someone has angst about men & fwb. You're right, that's not really a FWB situation. An analogy would be about dating... where one person gets multiple dates with the other and likes them, but that other person isn't really into them.

A FWB isn't a hookup buddy, although if you're continually hookup buddies it naturally evolve into being FWB. It's being (legit) Friends. With benefits (sexual relations; more than just friends). That too will naturally evolve into dating, if you're 1-on-1 FWB continually, albeit not necessarily all that Serious of dating. There's really no difference between dating someone but purposely not-serious & being 1-on-1 FWB.
 siisaa
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2018 11:01:05 AM

Sometimes the sex just isn't worth the headache...

lol, agreed, especially if it's with a guy I know I have no future with.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 275
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2018 11:04:18 AM
Aww.. I see the camel toe jockey is gone. Ms Whiterose

^^^ i sure hope so. i went through the several threads where he posted foul language to me/ Sienna/ and old wx man. And reported him.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Not looking for hookups anymore