Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Not looking for hookups anymore      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 351
view profile
History
Not looking for hookups anymorePage 15 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Is it just me...….bored to tears with the sexcapades of Siennabear?
 moraima
Msg: 352
view profile
History
Not looking for hookups anymore
Posted: 11/4/2018 1:19:45 PM
Her sexlife is not the only one who bores me silly.

Those who can do (quietly). The others bore people with unnecessary yippy about it.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 353
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2018 7:19:48 AM
That part bores me too lol. I can't say the actual good parts as that is inconsistent with general whining.
 Tech30
Msg: 354
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2018 9:42:42 AM
I'm pretty entertained by it, and by Julystorms craziness too. Its like trash tv , but on a forum!
By trash i dont mean the people, i mean its mindless entertainment.
 oldwxman
Msg: 355
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2018 9:48:57 AM
I don't know. I sure wish that I could have talked my ex wife into having sex without touching.
 MichaelD1974
Msg: 356
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2018 8:53:43 AM

Every man needs to draw his own line in the sand. Everyone makes mistakes and I am a big believer in second chances. However, a woman's second man was her second chance. A third, fourth, fifth, twenty-fifth and so forth indicates that she is severely lacking in some way. It is possible for a woman to have multiple relationships and not be damaged but don't count on it. At least inquire.

Another little theory:
Men aren't after casual sex with women. Most often, a man will dump a woman when casual sex is all that she has to offer. Input from the guys please.

100% correct. A second chance is not the gazillionth chance. If it happens tons of times, there is a problem and that kind of woman is the common denominator. Being the common denominator, it has far more to do about the woman than it does the guys whom she slept with and/or got duped by.

When a man is looking to build, he is not able build much when meeting a woman who is only about casual sex.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 357
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2018 10:11:16 AM
When people have had a load of partners that is their own fault, don't blame other parties for it.
It's like choosing to purchase a low quality tv then throwing it out when you start watching it and realize oh hey this really is crap!Like it's pretty obvious what people are looking for and their general demeanour before sleeping with them. If they slept with them that is on them.
Don't blame other people for your crap decisions, take some responsibility for not finding suitable partners to have a long relationship with.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 358
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2018 2:54:32 PM
100 different sex partners does not equal 100 failed relationships though. if both wanted something casual and that is what happened, then it didn't fail. not the same as being serious and getting dumped or even picking a bad partner every time and eventually dumping them.
 ssm508
Msg: 359
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2018 4:43:14 PM

100 different sex partners does not equal 100 failed relationships though. if both wanted something casual and that is what happened, then it didn't fail. not the same as being serious and getting dumped or even picking a bad partner every time and eventually dumping them.

Agreed. Plus ending a relationship doesn't necessarily mean that person picked a bad partner. Circumstances can change. For example, perhaps 1 person wanted to relocate for job opportunities or to be closer to his/her family and the other person didn't want to relocate. Or perhaps both people were originally on the same page about not wanting kids and 1 person later changed his/her mind about it.
 Peter_Hungus
Msg: 360
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2018 12:27:22 PM

I've only started to notice this is the past couple of years, but loads of women are stating that they aren't looking for hookups anymore, that they had one night stands when they were young but now want a relationship.

Sometimes it's because they've been treated badly and guys have lied to them so they now want to make sure a guy is really interested in something long term.

Trouble is, I find this really off putting. Hard to put my finger on exactly what bothers me, whether it feels like I'm being punished for other men's dishonesty or that I'm being used because the kind of guys these women used to go for don't have decent jobs or something and so they're not really interested in me for who I am...

What you need to remember is that these women are looking for men to extract resources to save them from a lifetime of being irresponsible and promiscuous. They can't do that with a one night stand, they need a relationship.

So when they say they are not looking for hookups anymore, what they mean is they are not looking for a hook-up with YOU, the average Joe. They will still have a hook-up/ ONS while they are looking for their average Joe ( "resource provider" ) if the guys is hawt/ tall/swaggy enough. They just mean they won't hookup with you, you'll have to wine and dine, you'll have to please her and work hard if you want access to be her 28th partner...
 julystorm22
Msg: 361
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2018 3:04:49 PM
I think though that some women get sucked down the black hole of "casual relationships". I was actually pretty shocked when I started back on dating and seeing the situation. When I was 24, the last time I went online to date, I got zero offers for a casual encounter, everybody at least stated to me they were wanting a relationship. But when I came back on pof after 10 years away it shocked me how many offers for casual encounters I got. When you get 75 messages a week from guys looking for one-night-stands or "a friend (ie. fwb or fb) you start to wonder if a relationship is even possible. Now, I got some messages from guys looking for a relationship but I quickly learned those guys usually fell into two major categories : newly broken up, not really ready to date guys or guys with major reasons they were still single like badlooking, unemployed, weird, creepy or short. A lot of women get fed up and eventually decide to reel in one of the non-relationship guys, hoping for relationship potential but more often than nor are left disappointed. On this very forum, there was a thread about fwb which planted the idea initially into my head. I never even considered it before.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 362
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2018 8:54:12 PM
There is no such thing as undamaged among either men or women (those looking for dates on here especially), it's a matter of degree. Constant rejection or disappointments on POF cause their own kind of damage I think... Some people are just better than others at sorting things out and moving forward. This forum has some folks who are clearly stuck in some 1987 breakup and refuse to move on. Their choice though.
 oldwxman
Msg: 363
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 5:39:10 AM
There has been a bit of a change in the last few years. Men are finally asking more of women. It wasn't long ago that most men came into this for a relationship. Now, fewer and fewer all the time. Everyone isn't going MGTOW but most of them are much more wary.

Two things that might be contributing to this are women's pickiness and the nature of OLD itself. A man chats with or even meets a woman. He starts thinking, "This bloated cow thinks I need a better car, better job and better wardrobe? No thanks." After a dozen of those, a guy doesn't want anything long lasting with any of them. He changes his profile from "relationship" to "hang out."

Another thing that might be going on is a difference in semantics. Take two people who have been seeing each other for a couple of months. She swears that he tricked her into being a fb. He mourns a relationship that didn't work out.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 364
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2018 10:01:37 PM
Going your own way (man or woman) is like the Forrest Gump run... at first amazing and attracts a following, then gets pretty boring. "I think I'll go home now." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKKmzmeU5-0 priceless

I think people need to harness their emotionally intelligent communication. People pound away at their devices texting... Tune in... pick people made of the same stuff as you... I remember an old movie where he said to her, over the phone, that he had something important to tell her. "Tell me now!" "No... I have to see your eyes."
 MtRushmore1970
Msg: 365
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 3:42:02 PM
Studies, surveys and polls are largely garbage. Their purpose is for front page headlines and confirming the ingrained biases of those seeking out the results of said polls/surveys/studies to satisfy their personal opinion. Even when there are polls, surveys and studies that contradict the study finding that certain people agree with. Experts call it "confirmation bias".

Usually polls, surveys or studies involve just a tiny sample of the general public, and conclude that small sample speaks to the larger majority.

Lastly: Scientific studies are bought and paid for by large conglomerates and endowments. That's why they're garbage.
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 366
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2018 7:28:30 PM
JULY...........I think though that some women get sucked down the black hole of "casual relationships".

I have had maybe a couple, but have discovered i would rather have a true relationship, or none at all. Just how I roll, and at 58 I have little tolerance for triffling men.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Not looking for hookups anymore