Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Not looking for hookups anymore      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Not looking for hookups anymorePage 6 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Lol Tech, even if I counted partners from non-penetrative acts it's only a total of 5 if I don't count non-penetrative sex it's 3. I bet you have had like 15x that amount.
 Tech30
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Not looking for hookups anymore
Posted: 9/27/2018 9:38:19 AM
Well I can see why lost of men would avoid you rather than hook up with you. They're just being smart.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2018 10:03:55 AM

It's true! all the data suggests it and even professionals in the area say it is true.

He points out the Average Is The Same since there's a 1:1 ratio. He's saying the mode -- the Most Typical # -- is likely higher for men than women. The survey he suggests has the Average WRONG -- you can't be Definitive on it. But his Point is, we should look at the most-Typical-#. Like what More Typical men are like VS More Typical women. But you can't base the mode off that British Survey he points to. He knows that it can't be definitive. His theory is that the mode aka Typical # will be higher for guys.

If that's true, which I would guess is but not by much, but he Thinks it's notably higher -- it DOESN'T MEAN men have slept with more women than women have slept with men. Otherwise, the average wouldn't be roughly the same. It HAS to be the same, since there's an equal # of men & women, generally speaking. He Says this Is True.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2018 10:47:26 AM
Tech I love it how you pick on my number and just don't say your own. How hilariously embarrassing.
You probably boosted men's numbers pretty good single handed...no pun intended.
Also you should see how many men are in my inbox trying to fvck me. Men are so desperate.
 julystorm22
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2018 3:18:04 PM
I'd also be interested in the difference between women's numbers in both rural and urban areas. In rural areas, I hypothesize that there are a lot less women with high numbers due to a lack of anonymity. In an urban area, your basic online girl can have tons of hookups without anyone really knowing whereas in a smaller place word would get around. And we all know that women who sleep around are still looked down upon way more than men who do. Guys in small towns brag about the hookups they've had and women not so much. One guy told me he is looking for someone serious within the local area but at least once a week he finds a girl in the city online and drives up to sleep with her. He claimed its pretty simple, that it's like picking apples from a tree while trying to do the same thing in the local area is much more difficult. Of course the numbers to work with are much different. When there is a limited number of matches in the local area, you hesitate to eliminate them with one-night hookups and such. A nearby person has more value than a person farther away.

A big percentage of women on POF are single mothers who have their kids a lot so they are less likely to travel farther away to meet a guy so essentially they are fishing in a shallow pond if they are in a rural area. So obviously their numbers will be lower just based on that. However, for men, many are not single fathers who have their kids most of the time and they are more likely to go farther afield to find women. So I would hypothesize that rural men's average numbers are much higher than rural women's. Urban women, on the other hand, will be quite high.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2018 3:20:36 PM

……………... men are in my inbox trying to fvck me.

Holy shit , you must have a large inbox!
LOL, For someone who has the sweet boyfriend, WHY? are you getting messages in your inbox?
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2018 8:35:28 PM
I don't know like I wrote on my page 3x that I have a boyfriend and I'm only here for friends.
My boyfriend reads all their messages. Some dude sent me an unsolicited dik pic and my SO told me to write that it's small and I did and he guy was still trying. They're so desperate ;) City males would have a lot more partners. Guys usually will travel hrs for sex but not a GF
 Onelionheart
Msg: 133
Posted: 9/27/2018 8:45:29 PM
You cannot reason with the unreasonable. Imagine someone argues with you about the importance of the RAM in a CPU of a computer? First thing may come to your mind is, this person is numskull.

On this earth, there is no reliable study or survey without a standard deviation.
 whiterose0
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 9/27/2018 8:51:25 PM

Also you should see how many men are in my inbox trying to fvck me. Men are so desperate.

If you have a boyfriend, why don't you hide your profile from searches?
 spot4username
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 2:33:36 AM
A T T E N T I O N
T
T
E
N
T
I
O
N
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 8:14:12 AM
Well at first I thought I'd find friends but now it's entertaining
 ohenryx
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 8:58:17 AM

SiennaBear2

whiterose0
If you have a boyfriend, why don't you hide your profile from searches?

SiennaBear2
Well at first I thought I'd find friends but now it's entertaining

This ^^^^ is one of the things that is seriously wrong with online dating. Yes, you, SiennaBear2.

julystorm22
I'd also be interested in the difference between women's numbers in both rural and urban areas. In rural areas, I hypothesize that there are a lot less women with high numbers due to a lack of anonymity. In an urban area, your basic online girl can have tons of hookups without anyone really knowing whereas in a smaller place word would get around. And we all know that women who sleep around are still looked down upon way more than men who do. Guys in small towns brag about the hookups they've had and women not so much. One guy told me he is looking for someone serious within the local area but at least once a week he finds a girl in the city online and drives up to sleep with her. He claimed its pretty simple, that it's like picking apples from a tree while trying to do the same thing in the local area is much more difficult. Of course the numbers to work with are much different. When there is a limited number of matches in the local area, you hesitate to eliminate them with one-night hookups and such. A nearby person has more value than a person farther away.

When I separated and went through my divorce, in late 2009, I went back home to a small town in East Texas and stayed with my brother for about 6 months. I was retired and didn’t have a whole lot of money and was unsure exactly what I was going to do next, so I went home, as it were. I spent a lot of time working on the old homestead, cleared several acres (mostly by hand). Dating was ridiculous. There were women in the small town where I was, but none of them would even answer my messages. Three other small towns, 30 miles west, 35 miles east, and 45 miles north – yes, I could get dates there. But my best luck was to drive an hour to the northern suburbs of the nearest big city. Women in small towns will NOT meet anyone from the same area, only those from outside their area. Most likely due to what julystorm alluded to, above, fear of earning a “reputation”. Go figure.
 Tech30
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 9:30:17 AM
Tech I love it how you pick on my number and just don't say your own. How hilariously embarrassing.
You probably boosted men's numbers pretty good single handed...no pun intended.

I dont need to say my number. My fiance knows because she asked and shes someone i dont hide things from. You are a random loser on the internet who doesnt need to know .

I think i did boost mens numbers seeing as lots of men my age are also virgins and holding back our numbers.

THe thing is, lots of men in your inbox to you makes you think you're sought after and are something special. The fact is , that those men are vermin like raccoons looking to get the easy trash.

When I was single I never lied to women about my intentions and i didnt go for gutter trash. The women i was with were really great people and it was a pleasure knowing them for the time i knew them. I had respect for them and in most cases good friendships with them.
 Tech30
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 9:33:10 AM
Oh and being on a dating site hoping to make friends is super lame.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 10:10:13 AM
What a hypocrite ;) should of thought about that before you go picking on my number then eh?
That is exactly why profile is hidden again, it was basically a joke. Most men on dating sites are terrible.
 julystorm22
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 10:36:02 AM

Oh and being on a dating site hoping to make friends is super lame.

I know I'm lame. I came on pof to make friends. My social life was pretty dismal and I had a lot of alone time at hom3 in the evenings after the kids went to bed. used to think I could make friends on pof but now I don't even know if I like most of the friends I've made. I keep ending up in these online friendships where I tell guys I'm not interested in dating them because they are too far away but they keep talking to me and I keep talking back but they keep pushing for a meeting and I reiterate that I just want to be friends. And then I meet guys I think I can be friends with but then I like them too much and.....the more I think about it, the more I realize you can't meet men on a dating site and expect just friendships because either they want more or I want more.
 Tech30
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 10:39:13 AM
What part is hypocritical?

Most men? Yes but most women on dating sites are also terrible. Even worse if you think about it.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 11:06:26 AM
The part where you pick on my number
yet you have slept with way more.

Yes because July, guys just wanna fvck. Maybe rarely want a relationship but that is like maybe 2%
 Tech30
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 11:27:06 AM
When did I say things were fair?
Life usually isnt fair. Its a fact though that most men dont want a woman who has been around. I dont have anything against women who do that, but I wont date you or have a relationship with you.

In general women who have had many partners are emotionally damaged.

Many men want a relationship at some point in life, but that doesnt mean they want one with you. Maybe thats why you think the number is as low as 2 percent. Because not many want one with you doesnt mean they dont want one with someone else.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 11:35:54 AM
Yes after they have been used up eww lol.
No they're just horny, it's in their nature, it's not really a personal thing. They go on online dating sites to hunt for sex.
 ohenryx
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 3:12:53 PM
As abelian used to say, over and over,

Women give sex to get a relationship.
Men give a relationship to get sex.

And no, he didn’t originate the saying, but he did repeat it often here in the forums.

Men are driven by their sexual urges to pursue women. Women (most women, anyway) like this, and use it to their advantage. And the men (most men) don’t really mind, it all works out in the long run. And when a man finds the “right one”, then he will be ready for a relationship. It isn’t so much a matter of him all of a sudden changing, as it is that he realizes, “This one is a keeper. This one, right here, right now.”
 dragonbytes
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 6:44:33 PM

I've only started to notice this is the past couple of years, but loads of women are stating that they aren't looking for hookups anymore, that they had one night stands when they were young but now want a relationship.

Sometimes it's because they've been treated badly and guys have lied to them so they now want to make sure a guy is really interested in something long term.

First thing comes to mind, no wonder some men want to date younger women that are more casual about picking sexual partners.
 Onelionheart
Msg: 148
Posted: 9/28/2018 6:53:05 PM

Also you should see how many men are in my inbox trying to FVCK ME. Men are so desperate.

Generally speaking, men do not propose for whores, but ask them for sex directly.

Look at the 2 opposite messages you are giving men in your profile

First:
On here for forums. I have a boyfriend now.

Second:
SiennaBear2 is actively seeking a relationship.

Moreover, when they read you have 10 years of experience with sex, and never got pregnant, since you were teenager, what do you want them to think of you more than a sex objective?

Onelionheart
Msg: 149
Posted: 9/28/2018 10:11:41 PM
******************************************************************************************
Good Article for women, especially young girls, It really worth to be read, and think about it. It may change a life for the better
******************************************************************************************
https://www.sowetanlive.co.za/good-life/2011-11-22-the-value-of-sexual-restraint/

IN HIS days, my uncle tells me, laying a a woman you were not married to was as difficult as finding a needle in a haystack. Nowadays, with a few rands in his pocket, any man can get sex.

"There was a time when many women cherished their bodies, much like a sacred temple. Where only a NOBLE MAN, one who respected and loved her, had access to her body. But over time it seems women have failed to realise the important role their sexuality plays in finding a long-term mate," he moans.

He says that in his days a man had to put in a little romance and dedication, but now women throw themselves at men for sex in exchange for a ride to work or lunch.

So why is it so easy for women to engage in sexual activities these days?

According to Dr Thobani Maweni, a psychologist, YOUNG GIRLS are made to believe that being "sexy" EQUATES to empowerment, and that only through promiscuity and sexual aggression will they achieve their friends' admiration.

"There are more images in the media now and, especially because of the media, women are getting more insecure.

"What is worrisome is that most of them are not sexually liberated. They do not have sex because they enjoy it, but they are DESPERATE for male approval that they'll DO anything to get it."

Maweni says, for example, that young girls who are trying to find their identity see Khanyi Mbau's nude pictures, Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian's sex tapes and want to emulate them.

"The media portrays girls as sex symbols and all these young girls think that if they act sexy and dress like Chomee they will fit in and boys will like it and want to date them."

He says sexual freedom is more acceptable than it used to be and the media perpetuates the stereotype that girls are made worthy via their sex appeal.

He blames the absence of fathers in young girls' lives as the main cause of their insecurity. He says women who are coming from a place of need have a tendency to jump the gun when it comes to dating.

"The end result is a missed opportunity for a possible long-term relationship and, almost as bad, a loss of dignity."

But Zuko Mathyila, a male activist in Cape Town, disagrees. He says women aren't more insecure than before.

"Quite the contrary, "He says they now have so much confidence in their endeavours to equal men that they are willing to act like men even in their promiscuous habits. The lowering of standards is just one more of the feminists' great achievements."

He says because women are told to be strong and independent, they have to act like men - party hard, get drunk and have lots and lots of sex. So they go out and think they are "using" men for their own gratification and that they are powerful and independent for doing so.

"I blame the corruption of morality, the destruction of the family and the general promiscuity squarely on feminism, which preaches how 'empowering' this behaviour is."

He says men like a bit of a challenge, and if they end up in bed with a woman after the first date, they are unlikely to feel much respect for a woman.

"The more people use the object, the more it depreciates and the less bargaining power it has: this is a plain psychological fact of life. Most women don't realise the seriousness with which men view a woman's promiscuity.

"Women think that because men don't care about how many women they've slept with, they won't care about how many men their woman has slept with.

"But the reality is that most men do place great value on a woman's sexual restraint."
 ohenryx
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2018 10:15:03 PM

Onelionheart
IN HIS days, my uncle tells me, laying a a woman you were not married to was as difficult as finding a needle in a haystack. Nowadays, with a few rands in his pocket, any man can get sex.

"There was a time when many women cherished their bodies, much like a sacred temple. Where only a NOBLE MAN, one who respected and loved her, had access to her body. But over time it seems women have failed to realise the important role their sexuality plays in finding a long-term mate," he moans.

He says that in his days a man had to put in a little romance and dedication, but now women throw themselves at men for sex in exchange for a ride to work or lunch.

So why is it so easy for women to engage in sexual activities these days?

According to Dr Thobani Maweni, a psychologist, YOUNG GIRLS are made to believe that being "sexy" EQUATES to empowerment, and that only through promiscuity and sexual aggression will they achieve their friends' admiration.

I’m going to risk being politically incorrect here – I’m guessing your “uncle” comes from a muslim and / or Middle Eastern country? Where women have to wear veils, and aren’t allowed to drive?

You’re a fairly young man (38), so your “uncle” would probably be about my age. I grew up, attended high school and went off to college in the 60’s. And let me tell you, there was some serious sexual liberation going on here in the USA. Damn, that was a good time to be alive!

And you go further back, way back to the roaring 20’s. There was a LOT of sex going on then, another great time to be alive. Maybe not in Saudi Arabia though.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Not looking for hookups anymore