Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Advice please?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 101
Advice please? Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Not trying to be cruel but you sound emotionally immature for a 26yr old.
And be careful you don’t fall into that trap of being a ‘woe is me’ victim all your life. You’ll most definitely be miserable.
Move out, grow up, have a happy life.....ain’t that hard

Add.....score :)
 backcreek7
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Advice please?
Posted: 9/25/2018 11:04:36 AM

You have no idea what your talking about

... No, it is you who cannot see " the forest through the trees " ...

... Quit whining about how you cannot handle the present situation, you find yourself in now. Let your " family " issues slide off your back & only think of ONE thing ! This being " how and when " can I get the f*uck out of this household? And, I know I need not tell you > The SOONER the BETTER !

... Hey, so you have some " issues " ~ most everyone does ~ of some type or another. Is " too finish school " why you remain there ? If so, FORGET IT ~ GET THE H*ELL OUT NOW !!!!! & quit talking about it. A friggin' homeless shelter would be better then the house your in NOW !

... " Ironic " < no it's not ironic, just the typical BS that goes on there.

... It is time for you to make like a tree & leaf , col ...
... Good things happen to those who take initiative, those that never do ~ usually remain stagnant & un - fulfilled ...

... heart / sun
 julystorm22
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Advice please?
Posted: 9/25/2018 12:34:40 PM
Have you ever lived independently on your own? I lived on my own from the age of 19 until 25 and it was awesome. I did have a roommate briefly for 8 months when I was 24/25 but a roommate situation is much different than living under a parent's roof. I know you say the lease is under your name too but the truth is no matter what you are still the child and she is still the mother so she in fact remains the head of the household.

You need to find a place where you can live independently or even in a roommate situation for a year at least. Do not go from living with your mum to living with your boyfriend. That would be a huge mistake. You have no kids as yet so you have more options for independent living. You are way too old to be living with a parent still and what matters more is that you are unhappy doing so. The answer to all this is quite simple. MOVE OUT.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Advice please?
Posted: 9/25/2018 7:46:41 PM

To give this kind of advice or/ comment to a confuse / and depressed young lady who is taking these dangerous medications it says a lot about you....you do not use your common sense before advising someone you do not analyze things before you talk or act in life... You are either ignorant /stupid or just an evil person, otherwise, explain how she is going to make it outside in the world alone? And with that kind of problem she is having ( can't function for weeks at a time)..

Ignorant, stupid or evil? Can't I be all three?
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Advice please?
Posted: 9/26/2018 2:42:53 AM
I don't want to risk ruining finishing my degree by moving out when I can't even drive yet. You have to have Ps here to drive alone. When I can drive
and have a car I'll be more comfortable leaving.
It would have to be either my boyfriends or a place with him because I have no other friends and don't really want to share with unknown people. I want to have rights to do what I want in the place aka get rabbits and have my aquariums
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Advice please?
Posted: 9/26/2018 4:26:41 AM
^^^^
What are Ps?

Of course your plans are your own and who else knows better when the time comes to make changes. You've been putting up with this abuse all your life so waiting till your ready to make a complete break makes the most sense. Can't help but wonder though if your depression will diminish when you do move out.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Advice please?
Posted: 9/26/2018 4:56:10 AM
apriloveswhiteroses is that what you learned from your televangelists. To praise "The God of Hate."

Yes I do know what Siennas like. I've read pretty much everything she's written in the past 15 months and one thing she isn't is "confused." She has overcome and is still overcoming adversity (mom for example) to achieve the goals she has set for herself. I missed the part or can't remember how long she has suffered from depression but she is able to recognise, accept and deal with it and continue her life normally. Some never do.

apriloveswhiteroses if your posts are indicative of what you learned from your "God of Hate" I suggest you give up on the afterlife. When you get to the gates of heaven I'm sure there'll be a sign hanging there that reads:

"No Vacancy"

Of course you'll be the only one that can see it.
 apriloveswhiteroses
Msg: 108
Advice please?
Posted: 9/26/2018 5:15:20 AM
^^
LOL!

I did pull your ear a little, that's all..
Now that you mention "hate"
You are the one who is trying to make the "flame" bigger by adding "gas".
Not nice!...
By the way How old are you? Do you have kids? Mother? ..we must respect and love our mother.she does know better.
How old you said you are??.. :):)
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Advice please?
Posted: 9/26/2018 5:45:31 AM
You didn't pull anything.
 julystorm22
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Advice please?
Posted: 9/26/2018 6:06:05 AM
I think her relationship with her mother will improve when she moves out.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Advice please?
Posted: 9/26/2018 6:55:01 AM

^^^^
What are P’s?

To Rise Above:
P = provisional licence evidence that’s attached to your vehicle... to show you’re effectively newly driving.... received your licence within last 12 months... errr oops 24 months...

https://www.goget.com.au/blog/p-plate-restrictions-nsw/
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Advice please?
Posted: 9/26/2018 7:53:42 AM
Well I found drinking a LOT of pepsi max helps it. I saw my doctor today, she thinks I'm drinking too much caffeine and I need to cut back. She gave me 4 boxes of an antidepressant, Pristiq as like emergency it seemed, as she just suddenly whips 4 boxes out lol. It's an SNRI I think I'll start on low dose of 1/4 tablet because I can't afford to be too lethargic when I need to study. I've been severely depressed since I was 18.I do love my mum but she is extremely controlling. If anything is out of place or not how she likes it she will yell and swear and basically verbally abuse me. She did it just before and I managed to record like 8 seconds of it. Thing I hate about it is I can only change myself but I can't do anything to help her work on her own anger/behavioural issues. She really does not care at all if I cry or get upset from the insults or being yelled at. Like I'll literally stand there crying and she actually gets angrier, makes me sad tbh. Occasionally she will get really angry and try to hit me. One time I baricaded myself with my furniture n my room and wasn't eating to avoid being attacked and she pushed through and was yelling at me and tried to hit me.
 2ufo
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Advice please?
Posted: 9/26/2018 10:09:28 AM

...because I have no other friends...

You have no friends and you do not have a good relationship with anyone in your family.
And you blame them?

I pity those rabbits and fish.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Advice please?
Posted: 9/26/2018 10:11:07 PM

I think her relationship with her mother will improve when she moves out.

Well the relationship is caustic so just going to the grocery store probably improves things. July do you think her mother's personality will change that much when she moves out?

TheEvolutionOfJessi - thank you

Pristiq as like emergency it seemed, as she just suddenly whips 4 boxes out lol.

I'm curious, what kind of doctor? I ask this because in two weeks my psychiatrist might be offering me Pristiq. I call it the flavour of the month and he has something every appointment. She had planned on giving you those long before your appointment since she had to know how it would work with you first. Remember our candy isn't magical.

I do love my mum but she is extremely controlling

I'm curious, is she controlling of both you and your sister or just you?

I've been severely depressed since I was 18.

How did you manage to deal with eight years of severe depression and your mother?

Thing I hate about it is I can only change myself but I can't do anything to help her work on her own anger/behavioural issues

Sienna what is it you learned in life that led you to this conclusion?
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Advice please?
Posted: 9/26/2018 11:17:51 PM
It's a women's health clinic with only female doctors. I've been seeing my doctor for about 2 years. I've also seen a neurologist and a psychiatrist multiple times too.
She mainly controls and yells at me not my sister.
Well I haven't dealt with it very well, I try to see my friend and get out and go on holidays.
I've tried to kill myself multiple times, obviously unsucessfully.
Can't change her behaviour because she genuinely doesn't care about how she impacts others. She's in denial and has anti-social qualities. I've told her the behaviour upsets me and she really doesn't give a crap.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Advice please?
Posted: 9/27/2018 8:08:14 AM

She had planned on giving you those long before your appointment since she had to know how it would work with you first. Remember our candy isn't magical.

Actually Rise Above... speaking from my own years with pharmaceuticals in Australia... there’s a higher probability that the drug reps have left samples behind for the doctor.... that’s why they were on hand... not that the doctor was “planning” on giving them to OP.... probably a few “sample” boxes until OP filled a proper prescription for larger quantity.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Advice please?
Posted: 9/27/2018 8:37:10 AM
Yeah it was sample boxes.
Oh hey is it possible that it caused my headache because I had 1/4 of a tablet last night and have had a migraine all day and feel lethargic and weird. Then I had to have sumitriptan and it didn't help much and I had this weird urge to laugh uncontrollably
 2ufo
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Advice please?
Posted: 9/27/2018 10:57:10 AM

Can't change her behaviour because she genuinely doesn't care about how she impacts others. She's in denial and has anti-social qualities. I've told her the behaviour upsets me and she really doesn't give a crap.

How does your sister deal with it?
And the other people of the house?

Because it is either her or you... and if everyone else in the house is fine with her behavior then it is very likely you.

And even if it is her... then you're still 50% of the problem.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Advice please?
Posted: 9/27/2018 11:15:23 AM
My sister isn't the one being yelled at, she doesn't care. Sometimes my mum will yell at my dad and insult him.
I literally recorded her yelling and swearing at me and I'll probably keep doing it so I can show her her own behaviour in the future.
I mean it's over ridiculous crap too, she's extremely controlling and if she sees anything out of place she goes nutzo. She doesn't even let me have my friend over and made him get vaccinated so he could come over then when I brought him over after asking my dad my mum and sister were threatening to kill me.
My boyfriend has to be so careful around them because if they have any excuse they will just ban him from coming over, even though I'm on the lease and pay rent.
 backcreek7
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Advice please?
Posted: 9/27/2018 11:16:45 AM

I've tried to kill myself multiple times

... Whoa !!!!!! Please, I beg of you > NEVER !!! NEVER !!! NEVER > EVER speak or think of this again ... PLEASE, don't even consider such a thing !

... Listen Sienna ~ YOU are a very sweet, lovable, decent, smart, kind & wonderful person !!! Promise me , NEVER consider this thought & never let it enter your mind again. One day, you will arise & 40 years have gone by ~ seemingly, in a blink of an eye ! It seems like life can be a long, drawn out series of disappointments, one after another!
But, believe me ~ you are here for a reason. It may not become apparent now or possibly > ever . It might be something you say to someone, or somebody you will help along the way, will achieve great things.

... And consider this, think of all the poor people who are burdened with problems that are far worse, then even yours. It's funny though, they seem to appreciate, grasp & hold onto life with a tenacity which appears almost " superhuman ".
Please, I beg of you ~ let the professionals help you. They know their stuff & have probably spent the majority of their lives still learning , still helping and still imparting their wisdom upon others. Honestly, I don't think they do it for the money either, they do it because they MUST ~ they are driven to help people, such as yourself.

... I leave you with a prayer ~ a prayer that YOU will live a long life. Please remember, although things sometime seem un - surmountable, they tend to work themselves out. NEVER, I mean NEVER > stop trying and give up. The future awaits you, good things await you, a good life awaits you ...

... Hang in there sweetheart, someday soon ~ the clouds will fade from your view, the blue sky will appear and the sun will shine through ! You will breath a breath of fresh air & contentment will fill your soul ! So , promise me please ~ that you'll banish any thoughts of not being here.

... heart / sun
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Advice please?
Posted: 10/2/2018 10:30:50 AM
Thank you!!!
I have to wait weeks to get an updated referral ahh because it's with the mental health nurse and they are apparently pretty booked out.
I don't want to take the pristiq because when I took 1/4 of a tablet I felt like I was in some sort of outer body trance like state.
I've been trying to drink less caffeine but I feel tireder and have less energy.

My SO is taking me out for dinner hopefully to hogs breath or Chinese and to see the new Venom movie on Thursday if its not all booked out and we are going to get chocolate cake to celebrate our 6 month anniversary :3
and Ill probably eat some raw cake mix mmmmm
 backcreek7
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Advice please?
Posted: 10/2/2018 5:31:07 PM
^^^ your welcome sweetheart ^^^

.... But the only thanks I would ever need, would be hearing from you way on down the road. So far down the road, that I won't be here ~ but you WILL be. So ride out life's ebbs and flows, take your good moments & tuck them aside.

... Remember them when you are frustrated or sad, knowing that they will once again ~ appear . Appear again, to guide you on your way ... They will HELP you, to open " the door " ~ the door to happiness and fulfillment.

... A song for you my friend ~ one in which another writes of his barriers, of his mountains to climb ...

... lyrics* - " I was trapped in my mind..
................... A prisoner of my own design..
................... Lost in a world, in a world of confusion..
................... I was there by myself, couldn't find no help nowhere else..
.................. Then I heard someone calling my name, saying there ain't no need to be shamed..
................... And I found out that the door, was always open..

THE DOOR by KEB' MO'
> turn it up ^
heart / sun
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Advice please?
Posted: 10/2/2018 5:53:56 PM
And you guy does not take precautions? How selfish if not....There are spermicides and other ways to prevent pregnancy. What you say about the symptoms of taking the Pill sound horrendous. I would be having a thorough check up.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Advice please?