Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Lack of effort/common sense in profiles      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Lack of effort/common sense in profilesPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I think Hemingway should go shopping for a boat...
 hemingway234
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Lack of effort/common sense in profiles
Posted: 9/25/2018 10:41:17 AM
^^^^^^^^^^ stop it, lol!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 4:31:40 PM
So you're passionate about boats. You must see more in it than just a hole in the water to throw money in. To me, it looks like riding around in a parking lot. You probably look at motorcycles, and fail to see the attraction in it.

But if mine breaks down, I can walk to get help. You could probably swim for it, but a mile swim doesn't sound so appealing, and something just might come along and eat you, while you're doing it. Mine, I'd get tired feet and a sunburn.

Everything has its own attraction, and faults. Enjoy it while you can.
 siisaa
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 7:45:53 PM

Does any one else get frustrated with the lack of effort or common sense in people's profiles? Examples...writing just ask, or conversersly, a rambling profile which really doesn't share much relevant information

Frustrated? No. These are strangers. I only have this account for the forums but if I were to use online dating ever again (doubtful), I wouldn't take it so seriously. If a person's profile is barren, nonsensical and appears as if they put no effort in, I'd just bypass them. I am a woman of substance and I'm only going to be interested in the male equivalent.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 7:58:11 PM
LOL Capt'kitty Please tell your friends...………….. in the Forums we have cookies AND cake...…………...AND one of the nice ladies here has been sighted, pushing the beverage cart.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/25/2018 9:00:59 PM

I am a woman of substance and I'm only going to be interested in the male equivalent.

Well said.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/25/2018 9:07:51 PM

I am a woman of substance and I'm only going to be interested in the male equivalent.
guess that leaves me out.
 captainkitty1
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/26/2018 5:06:54 AM
I totally understand by passing any one I'm not interested in, maybe my experiences are extreme. I honestly don't know. I've been on the site a while and don't get many messages any more, but the fee I get are just insane. A man with zebra tattoos on his face, some one wanting to worship my feet while his parrot watches...those were the 2 I woke up to this morning :(
 captainkitty1
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/26/2018 5:22:07 AM
Maybe there's an abundance of "unique" men in my area. I actually did a search of women in my area in my age range and there seems to be plenty of normal sounding women. I think this is because on the pay sites its mostly older men looking for some one half their age, so it drives the women like me to this crazy site ;)
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2018 6:59:26 AM

A man with zebra tattoos on his face, some one wanting to worship my feet while his parrot watches...those were the 2 I woke up to this morning :(
have you decided which one you will date or are you going to juggle both until you decide? and no, your experiences are not any more extreme than mine.
 captainkitty1
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/26/2018 7:06:30 AM
The most normal message I got recently, from a fairly normal looking, sounding man...was wishing me blessings on my family and a happy new year....it's almost October!?!?!
 captainkitty1
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/26/2018 8:50:56 AM
In an effort to be polite and also gain some insight, I just replied to a very obese man who describes him self as average body size, doesn't live near me and appears to have nothing in common...I replied and thanked him for the message, some thing I never do, and inquired as to why he thought we were compatible....
 captainkitty1
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/26/2018 9:03:58 AM
The guy replied and said we are compatible because we both own dogs and are looking for a relationship...maybe the "just ask" method works better :(
 hemingway234
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2018 9:23:15 AM
no message
 captainkitty1
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/26/2018 10:29:27 AM
And this is why I am on the forums offering advice, or just chit chatting back and forth :/
 captainkitty1
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/26/2018 10:39:31 AM
If my best efforts result in a man with zebra tattoos on his face or an obese man who genuinely believes we are compatible because we both own dogs, then I might as well quit looking :(
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2018 10:55:30 AM
captainkitty, I have no idea so perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree...………..When I became serious about the type of man I desired I changed my approach. I wanted a man with a motorcycle. One who enjoys riding with a partner on board.
I did some research and found an OLD site specifically for bikers...……………..found him!

You have stated, "boating" is a life style. It appears to be your passion. Perhaps in your area of Florida there are OLD sites geared specifically for boaters?
 captainkitty1
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/26/2018 11:16:58 AM
Lady in red, that's awesome you found a fellow biker, im going to be patient for my match and vent my frustrations on the forum instead of getting discouraged
 siisaa
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2018 11:20:04 AM

Perhaps in your area of Florida there are OLD sites geared specifically for boaters?

Or how about just meeting them in person, especially if she is already in a location where boating and boaters are aplenty? Surely there must be some boating meetup groups and other social groups dedicated to boating that she's aware of. OLD should be a secondary tool, since it comes with so many headaches that she's expressed already such as people not filling out their profiles or only messaging "hey sexy, hru?"
 captainkitty1
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/26/2018 12:01:42 PM
Not to state the obvious , but if I met compatible men in my real life I wouldn't be on this horrible dating site ;)
 captainkitty1
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/26/2018 12:04:57 PM
My fairly small group of local friends are long time married couples in their 50s, with kids, even grand kids...I can't even imagine talking to them about my OLD issues...lol
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2018 12:06:18 PM
msg#44:

Or how about just meeting them in person, especially if she is already in a location where boating and boaters are aplenty? Surely there must be some boating meetup groups and other social groups dedicated to boating that she's aware of.

I agree. There's a lot of boaters where I live---Land of 10,000 Lakes---and I've found them to be a pretty friendly bunch of people for the most part (maybe a few tight lipped fishermen out there...) Yacht clubs, boathouse villages, sandbars, boating bars, hidden beaches---lots of places where boaters hang out. An attractive woman with her own boat would no doubt be a welcome addition to the party circuit.
 captainkitty1
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/26/2018 12:11:37 PM
Most boaters are raging alcoholics.. I have been out by my self many times, its a bit dangerous and not that much fun :( but I certainly appreciate the suggestions
 siisaa
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2018 12:18:19 PM

Not to state the obvious , but if I met compatible men in my real life I wouldn't be on this horrible dating site ;)

So there are NO eligible single or divorced boater men in your local boating circle? Or is this a case of being too picky?

An attractive woman with her own boat would no doubt be a welcome addition to the party circuit.

Agreed, Clytemnestra. If an attractive woman has a mostly male-oriented hobby or passion, she shouldn't need to be dependent on online dating.
 captainkitty1
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/26/2018 12:32:52 PM
Siiassa, surely a smart woman like your self would understand that if I met eligible men in my real life I wouldn't be on a dating site :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Lack of effort/common sense in profiles