Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Date with someone your not into or go solo?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hemingway234
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Date with someone your not into or go solo?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

We didn't work out though... he admitted to having played for both teams ("but it's more fun with girls"), and I just couldn't. Guys, don't divulge stuff like that.

- Ha-ha! lol
 julystorm22
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Date with someone your not into or go solo?
Posted: 9/28/2018 6:51:05 AM
I don't think I could date someone who slept with men. It would always make me fear he was gay and not really into women.
 ohenryx
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2018 8:13:01 AM

mahwahgirl39114
We didn't work out though... he admitted to having played for both teams ("but it's more fun with girls"), and I just couldn't. Guys, don't divulge stuff like that.

This is one of those things that is very much NOT equilateral. Men really really like women who go both ways, whereas women tend to be very leary of bisexual men.

On the subject of NYE / holiday parties, you people really need to heed my advice about Meetup. Yes, I realize that I’m in danger of sounding like a broken record, but it does work. The meetup groups that I belong to all have Halloween parties, Christmas parties, NYE parties. And most of these groups are “singles only”, so you are pretty much expected to show up stag. I am already booked for 2 Halloween parties and 2 Christmas parties.

When I was younger, and trying to build a career, there were company functions that I had to attend, and I really needed a date. Someone who looked presentable, with good table manners, could carry on a polite conversation, in general be a credit to my career. Before I got married, I had a couple of women friends who were in the same boat, and we helped each other out. I attended quite a few weddings to help out my friends, and they attended a number of dinner parties and social outings (ball games, etc) to help me out. One hand washes the other.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2018 11:49:12 PM

^^^For the love of God don't go to a NYE party with a date you're not digging, WHY? All the single people will be socializing, and kissing at midnight, you don't need a chaperone!

I wasn't implying a female friend. I referred to the friend as a buddy you go out with, then go to said party once the dancing's started (skipping the dinner). Although with some female friends you could still do that, but most don't do it right. You'd have to have it down pat to not come across as a couple. If your (coupled) friends are there, guys can talk with guys much of the time, girls with girls... you just don't pair together, but also help each other playing Wing. More thought has to go into that process when you're male-female winging it like that.
 hemingway234
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2018 7:37:21 AM

This is one of those things that is very much NOT equilateral. Men really really like women who go both ways, whereas women tend to be very leary of bisexual men.

- that's not true...........tell me that when a woman cheats on you with another woman. Some guys have no clue.
 ohenryx
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2018 5:56:07 PM

hemingway234

- that's not true...........tell me that when a woman cheats on you with another woman. Some guys have no clue.

As long as I get to watch, I am 100% onboard and a very happy camper!!!

{walks away muttering to self – “Talk about not having a f’ing clue”}
 siisaa
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2018 6:18:58 PM

I don't think I could date someone who slept with men. It would always make me fear he was gay and not really into women.

LOL....this post made me literally giggle. No judgment, everyone has their comfort zone and there are plenty of women who feel the same way while men think of it as an asset to date a bisexual or bicurious woman. There's one caveat to that though, the other woman has to be attracted to the guy too. Dating a bisexual woman is not an instant guarantee to threesome land. There's a reason why finding a third woman to fool around with a couple is referred to as "unicorn-hunting". Unicorns are extremely rare unless you go to one of those sleazy sex clubs but in civilian situations....good luck.

Re: dating a guy who has fo0led around with another man. It would depend on a few factors, how long ago was this? How many men? I once dated a guy who confided in me that he let another man go down on him after a party 10 years ago. He maintained it was one guy, one time. That wouldn't give me pause as much as a guy who was still engaging in blowjobs, etc. from or for other multiple guys.
Posted: 10/4/2018 7:03:52 PM

I wasn't implying a female friend. I referred to the friend as a buddy you go out with, then go to said party once the dancing's started (skipping the dinner). Although with some female friends you could still do that, but most don't do it right. You'd have to have it down pat to not come across as a couple. If your (coupled) friends are there, guys can talk with guys much of the time, girls with girls... you just don't pair together, but also help each other playing Wing. More thought has to go into that process when you're male-female winging it like that.

I wouldn't mind going solo f I was going to an event like a NYE party at a restaurant and there was other friends there. We'd all hang out. Some of my male friends don't dance much. I do. So I'm usually dancing with their wives/girlfriends while they sit and drink. If I was going to goto a place like that without friends there. I'd skip dinner and be there for the music. At that point most people are having a good time on the dance floor. Actually, I did do that once. My now ex-wive and I were dating. She didn't want to go out that night. I remember being miserable while we were grocery shopping at 7pm. Went back to her house for a little while then I went home. I still miserable while working in my office at 10:30. So I broke out some good clothes then headed to the NYE party at a restaurant 5 minutes from me. I had a GREAT time! I rather go with someone (a real date or female friend) but I can still have a good time solo.
 hemingway234
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2018 9:53:34 AM

hemingway234

As long as I get to watch, I am 100% onboard and a very happy camper!!!

- I have to admit, I did not see that one coming.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 5:29:25 PM
some people are experimental and bi sexual. If a man is dating a woman he would have to be at least interested.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2018 11:20:22 AM
i'd go solo b/c...a public event is where i actually expect to meet someone for dating. bringing along a fake date only attracts women hoping to steal me away...and in my case, the result is a lot of meals but no actual physical aspect of dating if i'm not in her league. like a dog chasing a car, she was interested in marking domain, not in winning the chase.
 bearcat44
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/21/2018 4:41:44 PM
the reality of dating, but only if you can handle truth and honesty:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQfBt_GxYaI
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Date with someone your not into or go solo?