Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ok so I'm popular but can't get dates. Why??????????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ohenryx
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Ok so I'm popular but can't get dates. Why??????????Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

norwegianguy456
To be fair here, and this is serious: Almost every time I'd say "Now, if a guy looked like Brad Pitt" or "We're not talking about Brad Pitt here, but..." -- I'd get interrupted with "Oh, I don't think he's that good looking." First, this isn't a non-Anglo country thing. Second, I call BS on it, too. If Brad Pitt (we're talking in early to mid 00s mind you) walked into the bar, they are Not going to be saying "No, sorry. NEXT!" It'd be in the opposite direction, even if other movie stars would get their juices flowing faster. It always seemed to be this "cool" thing to "not like Brad Pitt", because he was always used in an example when he hit his young stardom fame.

MsMicki
I just frikken love it when someone else thinks they know my mind better than I do!!
I have always stated I didn't find Brad Pitt that attractive....simply, he is not my type.
Doesn't matter "who" he is....(I've also never been a celebrity crusher)...he doesn't tickle my fancy.
How dare you...or anyone else....tell me it is BS....or I am just trying to do this "cool" thing.
You really do have an overblown image of your own opinions...hate to tell ya....but you really don't know everything that you think you do!!

Easy there, MsMicki! I do believe you are overreacting a bit. First up, he (ng456) was not talking to you, or about you, his words were part of an exchange with adventurejoe. Secondly, he was making a very broad, very general statement, which was not intended to be taken as criticism of any one person. And most definitely not you.

I do believe that what ng said is basically correct, and will apply to the majority of cases. But that does not mean every case, and I’m sure he wasn’t intending any reference to you or any other particular person.

What we need here is more cake (or more drinks). If cake can’t fix it, alcohol definitely can!
 curvylady1965
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Ok so I'm popular but can't get dates. Why??????????
Posted: 10/12/2018 9:27:17 AM
There is a clear bias emerging toward cake here. Pity the poor ignored cookie or brownie. Is there anything more wonderful than a dense, moist brownie? Dixie Lee (a chicken place) used to have the best brownies! I've been craving a decent brownie lately. What about a spicey molasses cookie? Yum. Just not getting the pro-cake bias around here these days ;-).
In response though, I get where Micki is coming from.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2018 9:33:23 AM

clear bias emerging toward cake here.

And what about poor neglected pie?

Wonder if there is a 'pie in the face' emoji?
Mighty tempting sometimes...
(Smile)
 browneyesboo
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2018 10:36:54 AM
I'm mostly a chips and crackers person...
not a fan of cakes and desserts or brownies.

Probably why I've always preferred the Tom
Hardy and Ron Perlman types.

Brad Pitt is okei...maybe I wouldn't kick him
out for eating crackers, but he'd have to leave
before pancakes.
 backcreek7
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2018 10:39:39 AM

I am not getting many dates

^^^ Well ~ I think you might be getting closer to what you seek, by looking in the forums here. It seems to me, those here are more at ease & better at expressing themselves > then the typical POF profile types only. After all, is not expression ( be it written or verbal ) the key to finding love ?
.......The forums are kind of like reading a ( good or bad ) book. Often you may find the books characters, not your cup of tea ~ but flip the page & you may find a person who you are attracted to, one you may identify with. A person who stimulates your mind, and BELIEVE me A fairly long time, of " written " getting to know you (s) are worth their weight in gold. To leap right out & start dating someone before " knowing them " inside ~ may not bring you the results, you desire.

...... heart / sun
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2018 10:42:44 AM

Is there anything more wonderful than a dense, moist brownie?

Yes.
Bennigan's "Death by Chocolate":

"Legendary Death by Chocolate™
Bennigan’s original recipe of rich chocolate ice cream, almonds, mini-marshmallows, chocolate fudge sauce and Twix™ Cookie Bars, on a crumbled Oreo™ cookie crust and covered in a chocolate shell. Pour on a side of hot chocolate topping. It’s killer!"

Pity the poor ignored cookie or brownie.

Don't forget the much maligned donut.
 backcreek7
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2018 10:56:36 AM
^^^
without ever meeting, what is the point?

.... As of lately, sometimes a post does not come out fully, as written.. (col ) So I will continue with what I actually said . >>>>
... And BELIEVE me, lasting love is all about a persons mind & very little about what they look like. My advice might be, begin a written correspondence with a person on here you find yourself attracted to. If ( the forums ) do not seem to work out so swiftly, because of age differences say, or whatever ~ then begin the same with guys writing you at your profile.
... Main thing is though, I feel > A fairly long time of "written" getting to know you (s) are worth their weight in gold. To leap right out & start dating, before " knowing " them inside ~ may not bring you, the results you desire.

S
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2018 5:21:47 PM

I have always stated I didn't find Brad Pitt that attractive....simply, he is not my type.

Agree 100% He's a "pretty boy" AND drinks everyday. Nooooo thank you.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2018 5:26:24 PM
msg#83:

IDK. Might be fun to be his drinking buddy for a couple of days...
He might be lonely.
Justsayin
 MsMicki
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2018 6:18:19 PM

but that's my point....I don't think he's a "pretty boy"....lol

and I'll take Cheesecake!!

and Henry.....it's a point....
he just refuses to take anyone's word as their truth....
always has to argue how we just have to be wrong!!
He might as well call us liars...because he will go on....and on....and on....trying to prove his opinion instead of just
1) either ignoring it or 2) just accepting it!!
 cooldog65
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2018 7:40:13 PM
Cheesecake with blueberry topping sounds great!

How about some pistachio with biscotti gelato?
Posted: 10/13/2018 4:05:53 AM
Brad Pitt would be ok for a one nighter, if he had the Achilles look happening. If he had that preppy boy look, which he usually has, no thanks! Too many kids and too many issues also reduce his attractiveness quotient. I guess its a really good thing none of us really want him or have any hope of getting him. LOL
 julystorm22
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2018 7:48:51 AM
I prefer pie. We are having a belated big Thanksgiving meal today (Canadian Thanksgiving was last weekend) and yesterday I made 4 pies: dark chocolate cream pie, pumpkin cheesecake pie, saskatoon cheesecake pie and lemon meringue pie. On Thursday I made 8 dozen perogies (with potato, onion, cheddar and bacon filling) and today I am making cabbage rolls. My sister-in-law is making the turkey, stuffing. mashed potatoes, gravy and honey garlic meatballs. Someone else is bringing taco salad and vegetables and cottage cheese with green onions.
 whiterose0
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2018 8:04:25 AM

Secondly, he was making a very broad, very general statement, which was not intended to be taken as criticism of any one person. And most definitely not you.

Making a broad, sweeping generalization by stating that women are lying when they claim they don't like Brad Pitt, could be taken as a personal criticism. I'm with MsMicki on this one. I don't find Brad Pitt remotely physically attractive. He has bad skin that's usually covered up with thick make-up. Now George Clooney might be a different story...
 cooldog65
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2018 8:07:13 AM

I prefer pie.

So do I. Poontang pie that is...

dark chocolate cream pie

I've had plenty of that if you know what I mean...

pumpkin cheesecake pie

Sounds delicious! I'm having a pumpkin spice shake right now from Jack in the Crack...

saskatoon cheesecake pie

Must be Canadian. I've never heard of it, eh...

lemon meringue pie

Not a favorite of mine.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/13/2018 8:15:05 AM
Brad Pitt was a looker in Thelma and Louise in 1991 when he was under 30 years old, and in that era he became a sex symbol. His name was all over the Seventeen magazine I used to read in high school in the mid-nineties. It's been a few years since then and the man's skin has gotten older, as has ours.
Posted: 10/13/2018 8:25:17 AM

Must be Canadian. I've never heard of it, eh.

Must be a regional thing, I've never heard of it, eh... My igloo doesn't have cable tv though, so maybe I'm just out of touch.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 93
Posted: 10/13/2018 8:25:21 AM

We "deplorables" have plenty of confidence; we say that word to mock the left. My conservative / rural friends on Facebook don't post anything to indicate they ever think about anyone on the coasts. Meanwhile the urban / liberal ones (many of whom have moved to the coasts because they couldn't make it in MO) spend a lot of time whining on social media, posting hateful memes about the "MAGA" rednecks who won the election. The blue / urban profiles on dating sites indicate they think about the other side a lot. Meanwhile, the red profiles almost never make any reference to the other side.

Truth!
When I had a profile on OKC I indicated that anyone with "no conservatives", "no liberals" or any political ranting on their profile, needed to get off my page. Of course I said it "to be fair to everyone" but it's only blue/urban profiles that tend to have this problem. Poor impressionables have been well antagonized against their fellow Americans... me I'm too old to be easily brainwashed.
 ssm508
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2018 8:52:06 AM

Most men will sleep with just about any woman.

I might lower my standards to some extent if/when I was largely looking for casual sex. However I do have boundaries. I would not have sex with a woman that was significantly overweight / obese or looked like a hardcore bodybuilder.

Chemistry is mostly based on looks and the guy knows right away

In my viewpoint, there is a difference between chemistry and physically attraction. I can often find a woman to be physically attractive and not have (instant) chemistry with her for various reasons. Ranging from a woman being a virtual stranger or a little bit nervous / shy at first to finding not we don't have much common when I get to know her a little bit better.

When I had a profile on OKC I indicated that anyone with "no conservatives", "no liberals" or any political ranting on their profile, needed to get off my page. Of course I said it "to be fair to everyone" but it's only blue/urban profiles that tend to have this problem. Poor impressionables have been well antagonized against their fellow Americans... me I'm too old to be easily brainwashed.

When I was using OLD, I did see more political disclaimers from liberals about not dating conservatives than vice versa. Then again, I was living in a blue area at the time. Maybe it would have different if I was in a red area. I would not put this disclaimer on a profile because it would depend on the reasons why someone voted for a candidate or has certain political viewpoints.

For example, I can understand someone voting for Trump because they thought he would be good with the economy or they hated HRC more than him. But voting for Trump because they liked his rhetoric could be a dealbreaker for me.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2018 9:00:26 AM

Truth!
any political ranting is a turn off but have only ever seen it from trump haters. weather or not we share the same views, hating the opposite party is not getting anyone any brownie points
 KiwiSwede
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2018 9:01:21 AM
Hello I can relate. After many dates I wrote a book titled, "Ladies Read This First" -- How Men Approach Online Dating. I surveyed many men and women for this book. I also wrote a book for men-- "Confessions Of An Online Dater". They are helpful with a twist of humor. Available at B&N.com and Amazon.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2018 9:50:32 AM

saskatoon cheesecake pie

I must lead a sheltered life, I've never heard of it. Available at the Berry Barn?
 ohenryx
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2018 9:54:22 AM
Interesting back and forth on this Brad Pitt thing. This seems to be one of those “men and women are different” things.

Men are not upset by someone saying “all men lust after Barbara Eden in ‘I Dream Of Jeanie’”. Even those few exceptions who didn’t think she was incredibly hot (do such men really exist???) are not upset or bothered by the statement. They might take minor exception, and say “Barbara Eden was okay, but the hottest woman ever on screen was Jane Fonda in Barbarella”. And even someone like CoolDog, who prefers a completely different type of woman, isn’t going to be bothered or get upset about it.

Women, on the other hand, seem to really hate it when someone says that “all women are hot for (insert name of movie star or public figure here)”. Yes, just another sign that men and women are indeed different. Who woulda thunk it?
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2018 10:02:47 AM
^^^re: Brad Pitt, etc.

Some men have mentioned something to the effect that a man has to look like Brad Pitt to get dates. Whereas some women are replying---au contraire--we don't think Brad Pitt is "all that"---so that is not the reason why you're not getting any action~
 ssm508
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2018 11:04:30 AM
I think the general point is some women (and men as well) won't be interested when the other person doesn't exactly match whatever their idea is of Mr./Ms. Perfect Looks.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ok so I'm popular but can't get dates. Why??????????