Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How many partners is too much?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ohenryx
Msg: 26
view profile
History
How many partners is too much?Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

cooldog65
Averaging less than one partner for each year of life seems reasonable.

An interesting viewpoint, and one with obvious merit. But I would offer this alternate version.

Less than one partner for each year of your ADULT life.

Or perhaps “for each year since you started”. If you’re 40, and started at 16, then a reasonable number would be less than 24.

I’m not sure I actually agree with any of this, just thinking out loud, as it were.

My viewpoint is that it doesn’t matter, as long as you have a clean bill of health and you’re ready willing and able to be monogamous when the time comes. My preference in a woman would be more experience, not less. But less than that “over a 1000” that dragonbytes mentioned!

MsMicki
Well I had 2 at once a very long time ago in a different life...
think it would be too much for me these days...

We always suspected that you had a VERY interesting history! (smile)
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 27
view profile
History
How many partners is too much?
Posted: 9/29/2018 10:36:56 PM

My heart goes out to those such as mahwahgirl, I know their lives have been turned upside down.

Yeah pretty crappy. A new experience was this summer when I visited my dad and lived with him for a week. Heard him talk. It was a new experience to be embarrassed for my father in front of myself.
 hemingway234
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 6:27:59 AM

More than 5 is too much, especially when you consider that my my age of they have more it means either they have had no substantial long term relationships or they just like to sleep around.

Relationship wise men 7 women 4 on average

- I like these numbers.

Relationship wise men 7 women 4 on average.

Thanks. Going forward if asked I'll say 4.

- you probably should not lie to get a relationship. Relationship quality is partially determined by your level of honesty.
 Cloud_Interpreter
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/30/2018 9:05:21 AM

Relationship quality is partially determined by your level of honesty.

Huh. True enough on the face of it, but if some ignoramus has the audacity to ask me how many guys I've fvcked, my answer will be "four", while batting my eyelashes. Or perhaps "three thousand".

And then I'm out.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 9:20:08 AM
probably not an appropriate first date question but in a 'relationship' it may come up. while I may not like telling or hearing theirs, I prefer an honest answer over secrets or lies.
 MsMicki
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 10:25:42 AM
Any man that asks....gets put in the "insecure" category....
so no matter what number I throw out there....he's already dug his own grave w/ a relationship with me.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 11:16:55 AM
^^^I feel the same.
I once told a man I’d dated a black guy.....he became so insecure his c0ck wouldn’t measure up, crazy thinking, so yes people can be insecure regarding issues around sex.
Hymen He-man Herman......I’d not risk making someone insecure with my numbers
4 it is! :)
 TomásIasan
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 11:43:38 AM

Would you date someone who has a sexual history with a lot of different partners? Do you yourself have a history with a lot of sexual partners?

I don't really care how many women a guy has slept with in the past. What matters more to me is his relationship history. Has he had a long term relationship before and if so how long? And has he ever cheated before?

You want truth to this sexual history is of no consequence it doesn't matter what her numbers are their her past I am looking to be part of her present and future don't dwell on the past. I wouldn't ever answer that question cause it's a none of anyone's damn business, I have a sexual history that's all they need to know.

You mentioned relationship history also have one, well depends is 5 years long-term? No I never cheated on any of my girlfriends ever and never thought to cheat either.

So does the sexually history matter when you get a man who is so focused on you other women are not even in the realm of his thoughts on her attractiveness and doesn't even acknowledge their looks? The reason they are offering him nothing that is worth anything they don't have what I want if they did I would have been with them. Something people don't even understand they don't feel it and never have, their slaves to their urges so am I unfortunately my urges are not sex and women who think their appearance and their looks matter in gaining the right guy it doesn't. He is with his woman for a reason she has something he desires, she is all he thinks about and it is consistent, he spends everyday thinking about her. First thing in the morning to the last thing at night, at work and play she is always on his mind.

He shows how he feels with selflessness all the time because he is thinking of her and he wants her to be happy. People here put a lot of value in the 10% of the relationship being sex way too much if you ask me. If they put 100% effort in the 10% of a something and neglect the other 90% of it you don't have a relationship. You have time with someone you enjoy sex with, I prefer to have the full 90% and enjoy the 10% part of the relationship contributing the 100% equally to all the relationship.
 moraima
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 1:24:22 PM
"probably not an appropriate first date question but in a 'relationship' it may come up."

I am old, and I have never asked or been asked.

Can't figure out why anyone would ask or what they would do with the info.

Sounds like looking for drama.

I don't care what someone did in the past. I only care about who and what they are today.
 spot4username
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 1:50:42 PM

I am old, and I have never asked or been asked.

Ditto.

Can't figure out why anyone would ask or what they would do with the info.

Ditto.

I don't care what someone did in the past. I only care about who and what they are today.

Ditto.
 PollyR107
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 3:41:32 PM
“I don’t care what someone did in the past. I only care about who and what they are today”

+1
 julystorm22
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 5:31:21 PM
Wow, I'm surprised at those of you who have never been asked your number. Almost every guy I talk with on pof eventually asks. Just like they ask my weight. Not great questions to be asked but I'm gonna always go with the honest route.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 5:39:55 PM
You don't have to answer though. Even in a job interview you don't have to answer questions you feel are too private. And if it's just a rude guy online, who cares what he wants to know?

I just parted, on bad terms, with a recruiter who asked why I quit my last job. I said it was health related (I got sick) and she said "Tell me more." Bytch, no. No hiring manager probes into health details, and you need to back the f*ck up.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 5:50:28 PM
LOL, Some of us are old as dirt. We come from a time where it was considered rude to ask a woman's age, her weight AND her sexual history. It was no one's business, but your own.
JUST because someone asks you a question you are not obligated to answer. IF THEY choose to be rude, out of line, that is THEIR choice. I don't tolerate intrusive, questions. I ignore them. I am HONEST, I honestly ignore piss poor manners.

When getting to know a person, male or female, we call that "dating", you listen …………...and sooner than later a person will usually reveal their "history. NO NEED TO ASK.
I have NEVER ASKED / NEVER BEEN ASKED!

ETA, Mahwahgirl, we are on the same page.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 6:26:14 PM
I've never asked, don't remember ever being asked. One love interest told me without me asking, and it was to support a point he was making about his life story and story of his marriage. Not just a standalone "what's your number".
 siisaa
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 6:52:55 PM

Wow, I'm surprised at those of you who have never been asked your number. Almost every guy I talk with on pof eventually asks. Just like they ask my weight.

People are often more bold and blunt online, typing things they would never have the guts to say to anyone's face. I'm not surprised they ask you though, from your posts here it seems you don't exercise setting the best boundaries with men.

I've never been asked on pof about my sex number.
 backcreek7
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 7:05:31 PM

asked about previous sexual encounters & your weight ?

^^^ Those asking about these personal subjects, indicate the " askers " have the mentality of 7th graders at best. I think they may not have the mental ability to hold their own with you July , much less be a possible suitor.
They are begging for a " curb kick " before they've even entered the street. You have much to be proud of , keep your standards high & ignore the " trash ".

........ I tend to think that " friendship " & " compatibility " are the key to a lasting relationship ( solidifying these, takes a significant amount of time ) Without a high degree of each, a relationship will fail. This is why I think a couple should not " live together" nor " marry " until a good amount of dating ( getting to know one another ) time has expired .

........ Those who seek even near perfection, set themselves up for a fall. After all, we are only human by definition ~ A definition which should include the sentence > " beings whom are struggling to be the best they can be " > Mistakes are used like the rungs on a ladder, culminating in a person climbing towards, being the best they can be.

~ Another song , this one describing a mans desire for his forever woman ~

*lyrics " I used to run in circles, going nowhere fast ..
............. I'd take one step forward, and one step back..
............. I couldn't walk a straight line if I wanted to..
............. I want to love somebody, somebody like > YOU turn it up ^
heart /sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 7:08:18 PM
^^^
SOMEBODY LIKE YOU by Keith Urban ...

> turn it up ^ love the banjo beginning !!!

... Heard Keith & them in a big auditorium ( this song started ) I was way in the back. He had a " cordless guitar " & walked all the way back through the crowd, to a small one man platform in the very back .... was no more then 15 feet from me !!!

like > WoW !!
He f-in turned that guitar solo ^ way up ^ ....

> puff puff / cool < col

heart / sun
 julystorm22
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 8:20:43 PM
Actually, just the weight question was online. The sexual history questions are usually asked in person.

As for the word "dating". Does it even exist anymore? Now everything is so damn casual. It takes forever for a couple to begin "dating" exclusively. Now everyone is encouraged to see a few people at once rather than just focussing on one person and I absolutely hate it. Guys really seem to have the power in this regard. They string multiple women along but the women are aware of this and have to accept it if they want a chance to hang out with a guy to get in the dating phase.
 moraima
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 8:24:28 PM
"the women are aware of this and have to accept it if they want a chance to hang out with a guy to get in the dating phase."

No, no, no!

We teach people how they can treat us.

Stop this nonsense, and teach people to respect you!

Why would you want to date men who do not respect you?

The worst thing is not not having a date. The worst thing is dating a jerk!
 daynadaze
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 9:26:30 PM
This above

I would not ask that question and I would not answer it. Even in my most messed up life a few decades ago, that question would be a total tell as to what's to come with a person.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2018 10:49:48 PM

We teach people how they can treat us.

Stop this nonsense, and teach people to respect you!

Why would you want to date men who do not respect you?

The worst thing is not not having a date. The worst thing is dating a jerk!

July.....say this to yourself several times a day :)
As an add on I’d also say......be a person others can respect (not directed at July)
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2018 2:05:35 AM

I don’t care what someone did in the past. I only care about who and what they are today”

Wot if
they were a rapist
 julystorm22
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2018 5:37:01 AM
I don't put up with it but that's the way it seems to be and speaking to other women they say the same thing. Most of the men around my age multi-date. I figured by avoiding the hotter guys I could find a nice average guy who isn't a player but even the average guys seem to be players, at least the ones on pof. I suspect its that 80% of the guys on their are NOT looking for a relationship and there are enough women willing to open their legs easily that women with standards get avoided.
Posted: 10/1/2018 5:53:37 AM

and there are enough women willing to open their legs easily that women with standards get avoided.

So if those darn women would just keep their legs closed your golden vagina would suddenly have more value on the dating market? If the only reason some man would date me, would be because he couldn't get sex anywhere else, I'd sooner stay alone. LOL where do you come up with this crap? are you still thinking its 1912? You and the Lionheart dude need to get a room together.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > How many partners is too much?