Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Aren't We Witnessing The End Of Obamadom      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 26
view profile
History
The End Of ObamadomPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

^^^ I'm pretty sure if you want to go pick fruit, that they will be happy to have you. I heard anecdotally they are having trouble finding workers to fill those spots. And I'm guessing if you want to wash dishes in a Restaurant, you can find a job there too. They are not highly sought after jobs I hear, by most Americans, so your competition will be limited.

By the way, do you have any evidence any President is responsible for jobs going overseas? I've heard from experts that it was actually the Fed monetary policy and Global Trade at fault? I'm wondering if the working class is going to be happy paying much higher prices at their favorite Walmart shopping areas as Trump's trade policies raise the cost of all goods from China and other places? What do you think? Is Trump going to come to your rescue and magically raise your wages so you can pay the higher prices coming?

We need to bring back Mustang...who really was one of the few here who ever knew what he was talking about on the economic front...along with Hawk who has a good political perspective.

It is amusing to me that your cult leader blames jobs going overseas on other presidents and you all just accept what he has to say. Does it even matter that it is now clear he has always been a Grifter and that he never made any money...it was all given to him by Daddy...and still he managed to go Bankrupt 6 times....and this guy is your savior? Too funny.
did you read anything I wrote? those who voted for trump are fed up with your type dumping ALL of us into one group, ignoring our complaints and sweeping us under the rug. I CLEARLY STATED I DID NOT BLAME TRUMP NOR OBOMA! I CLEARLY STATED MANY WITH GOOD JOBS NOW HAVE SHIT JOBS AND/OR WELFARE! I CLEARLY STATED HE WAS NOT MY CULT LEADER BUT SOMEONE WHO ADDRESSED THESE ISSUES! while the logical response would of been to address those comments, you choose to sweep those under the rug and attack his character while still calling him a 'cult leader'! in this day of "politically correct" focus, it amazes me how many are prejudice against the white middle aged blue collar worker!
 DDSearle
Msg: 27
view profile
History
The End Of Obamadom And, Obamaland
Posted: 10/10/2018 2:20:39 PM
If Obamadom is the kingdom, Obamaland would be its culture of dreams, expectations and complacency. Obamaland enabled the U S A's opponents to take advantage of its weaknesses. The previous President caused untold damage to America and its allies. But Donald Trump's efforts to make America strong again are working well, thank Goodness. And the wimmin's 'movement &c would do better to tackle more important matters
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2018 7:01:00 PM
I find it curious how many remarks and claims against Obama have no frame for time passed.

Lehman Brothers filed for Bankruptcy on September 15, 2008 - the lead event in the Great Recession. Bush was still President, and Obama had not even been elected yet. The man didn't inherit a block of clay to mold into a prosperous nation in January of 2009 - he got a steaming cow pie. Spent most of the first year trying to clean up the sh1t after it got spread far and wide. Funny how ten years later, people are still trying to throw manure in his face when he isn't anything more than a registered voter in the D.C. area. It's time to figure out that creating a demon out of an ex politician makes about as much sense as complain about a bad meal from Sambo's restaurant (defunct since 1982).
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2018 11:04:44 PM
Looks like Sears/Kmart will be folding soon.
Who gets credit for that?

Ford is laying people off, the tariffs had something to do with it.
Trump gets credit for that one.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2018 1:59:41 PM
The stack market plunge of the last couple days -- in about six months will be blamed on the people that haven't been elected yet this November. I'm sure of it. Can't be the fault of the people in power now, right?
 DDSearle
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2018 2:35:41 PM
But share-prices haven't this time 'plunged'. The DJIA, for instance, has retreated some, as it is apt to at this time-of-year, from the level attained after a considerable rise. And, in my opinion, will stop declining at about 24 500. And so, it should present a buying opportunity after falling by a further 525-or-so points. And that may happen as soon as tomorrow. However, this is not, as the 'experts' or even the President says, to do with rising interest-rates. They are increasing from a historically-low base: and have plenty of room in which so to-do. And, on attaining a level that covers the rate of inflation plus the cost of the contemporary risk of lending, it ought to encourage the stockmarket more
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2018 3:49:32 PM

The man didn't inherit a block of clay to mold into a prosperous nation in January of 2009 - he got a steaming cow pie. Spent most of the first year trying to clean up the sh1t after it got spread far and wide
that much I will agree with! he was never my 'cult leader' but like him or not, he got handed a pile of $hit and made it better. better for me, not hardly, not my hero. there was plenty of things I didn't like but many more from previous years that he got blamed for.
 platitude545
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2018 12:22:33 PM
^^^

actually he hasn't made it better...you only believe that because he keeps telling you he made it better. He has made things much worse....his tax cut has sent the deficit zooming to 1.2 trillion per year, and that's just for starters....his trade wars are based on infantile thinking and will do nothing for the US but increase inflation, and because he is such a Sociopath, he has brought respect for government, respect for the US and civility to a low unfathomable not too long ago.

This is the thing John.... I give credit to Trump for one attribute...he is a great salesman and a great manipulator...... and he has those he is manipulating, maybe 40% of the population, wrapped around his finger. So in the end why do you believe things are getting better under him? Only because he and Faux news tell you so. If you take the time to read in depth what he is actually doing...the detrimental effect he is having on virtually everything he touches....you would know much better.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Rape and sexual abuse is now ok! Because Trump...
Posted: 10/13/2018 6:35:38 PM

Correct!
Conservative women finally started a movement
"Heels On Gloves Off"
It means:

CONSERVATIVE WOMEN ARE NOT GOING TO SIT BACK AND LET THE LEFT AND THE MEDIA DEFINE WHAT WOMEN STAND FOR IN 2018.

fyi

That's an old Palin slogan from 2014.

Palin to 'Heels On, Gloves Off' Iowa
By TAL KOPAN 04/16/2014 06:10 PM EDT

https://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/sarah-palin-iowa-heels-on-gloves-off-105767
 apriloveswhiteroses
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/13/2018 6:52:38 PM
^^
What is your point?:)
 Seamist474
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2018 9:48:07 PM
^^^

"What is your point?"

He was quoting the stupidest female Republican politician or ex politician. She proved that you CAN put lipstick on a pig and shove her out in front of a crowd and she will "oink" on command.

BTW, I think there are smart and accomplished women in the Republican Party - but they chose the dumbest one to run as a VP candidate. And I have respect for John McCain (may he rest in peace) but he made a poor choice there or the boys pulling the strings made a poor choice.
 daynadaze
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2018 12:42:26 AM
How are liberals stopping you from being the kind of woman you are? Your points never make any sense.
 DDSearle
Msg: 38
view profile
History
The End Of Obamadom &c
Posted: 10/14/2018 1:22:06 AM
Why are Democrats taken to be 'liberals'?
They're an intolerant lot, are they not?
Republicans are liberal
Obamaland's a sham
 platitude545
Msg: 39
view profile
History
The End Of Obamadom &c
Posted: 10/15/2018 9:25:59 AM
^^^^ what the fuk does a guy living in England know about Democrats and Republicans...Wow...talk about the blind leading the ignorant. You know, if you lived in the country...were involved in politics....actually had any sort of experience whatsoever with the parties...you might be able to offer an opinion...but people who have integrity...they have the integrity to say something like....gee...I live in the US.... I don't know a whole lot about England....I barely know what a Tory is....etc....Not you those Searle...you are a guy who claims to know everything about everything.

What is it with you English? You...Jovan..... two regular posters on this board...two guys who are the epitome of Prima-Donnas. . . and Jovan if you are out there and still reading these boards...FUK YOU :-)
 vlad dracul
Msg: 40
view profile
History
The End Of Obamadom &c
Posted: 10/15/2018 10:21:34 AM
"^^^^ what the fuk does a guy living in England know about Democrats and Republicans...Wow...talk about the blind leading the ignorant. You know, if you lived in the country...were involved in politics....actually had any sort of experience whatsoever with the parties...you might be able to offer an opinion...but people who have integrity...they have the integrity to say something like....gee...I live in the US.... I don't know a whole lot about England....I barely know what a Tory is....etc.....

What is it with you English? You...Jovan..... two regular posters on this board."

Speaking of ignorance. Are you not aware that Edinburgh is in Scotland? And sorry to break this news but Scotland is not part of England.

So no one but shermans can talk about sherman politics? Wow. See maybe if folk like you knew a little bit more about other places on this planet you would not be as ignorant as you claim others to be.

And as a Scot i reserve the right to talk about your countries politics. Your country involves itself in mine.

So suck it up buttercup (i believe is the term)
 platitude545
Msg: 41
view profile
History
The End Of Obamadom &c
Posted: 10/15/2018 10:27:45 AM
^^^^ I don't know nor care where Edinburgh is...that proves my point...I do not hold myself out as a geography expert.....

Sure you can talk about my country's politics all you want...... but if you started characterizing people about their tolerance levels based on whether they were democratic or republican (i.e., like Searle)....then you would simply show yourself to be another know nothing prima-donna as Searle has shown himself to be.

As for the Scots, do they not speak english?...albeit admittedly barely....and was not Scotland at one time ruled by England? And is Scotland not part of "Great Britain"...close enough for me to qualify as identical to the same "anglo-saxons" living in England.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 42
view profile
History
The End Of Obamadom &c
Posted: 10/15/2018 10:56:18 AM
"^^^^ I don't know nor care where Edinburgh is...that proves my point...I do not hold myself out as a geography expert....."

Oooooo that hurt................

"Sure you can talk about my country's politics all you want...... but if you started characterizing people about their tolerance levels based on whether they were democratic or republican (i.e., like Searle)....then you would simply show yourself to be another know nothing prima-donna as Searle has shown himself to be."

I couldn't give a fvck about who is a republican or who is a democrat to be honest. I'm just loving watching yous all hate each other and throw hissy fits............

"As for the Scots, do they not speak english?...albeit admittedly barely...."

Oooooo shot through the heart. AGAIN. We speak Scots english in a lowlands dialect............

"and was not Scotland at one time ruled by England? And is Scotland not part of "Great Britain"...close enough for me to qualify as identical to the same "anglo-saxons" living in England."

Shhhhhh. The act of union was carried out by James v1. A Scot. But you folk from texas have not got much knowledge about anywhere else in the world eh? Although hundreds of your counties are named after Scots.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 43
view profile
History
The End Of Obamadom &c
Posted: 10/15/2018 1:38:26 PM

"Sure you can talk about my country's politics all you want...... but if you started characterizing people about their tolerance levels based on whether they were democratic or republican (i.e., like Searle)....then you would simply show yourself to be another know nothing prima-donna as Searle has shown himself to be."

Shhhhhh. The act of union was carried out by James v1. A Scot. But you folk from texas have not got much knowledge about anywhere else in the world eh? Although hundreds of your counties are named after Scots.

And with the last line... yet ANOTHER Prima Donna has joined the group! Welcome to the ME parade!
Now that everyone has signed in, where is Alex Trebec to preside over this motley crew? I hear the theme music playing now...
 vlad dracul
Msg: 44
view profile
History
The End Of Obamadom &c
Posted: 10/15/2018 2:12:19 PM
"And with the last line... yet ANOTHER Prima Donna has joined the group! Welcome to the ME parade!
Now that everyone has signed in, where is Alex Trebec to preside over this motley crew? I hear the theme music playing now..."

Pssst. I've never been away. And obviously the point of the post sailed right over your head. Oh dear.

Nice bit of selective editing though.

Got to give you that.

Maybe we could make posts about you. Would that make you feel included?

Now WHICH poster wrote this? Seems they do not believe the shite that THEY waffle

"ALL Human beings totally deserve respect. What they don't deserve - is attitude. And bad assumptions. One bad flake doesn't have to ruin the whole cereal bowl, just pick the thing out and work with what you have.

What really bugs the crap outta me is this total demonization of ANY person, group or demographic that even has the appearance of not fully supporting someone else's agenda. "If you are not FOR us, then you are AGAINST us," kind of crap. It has totally replaced any kind of decent or skillful debate, negotiation or compromise. That is NOT a trademark of a civil society - it's a mark of a selfish one. Just because I stay silent to listen to both sides does not make me a freakin' enemy."

What a grade A twat you are geezer.

And as darkness has descended and little tablets guzzled Edinburgh bids good night to all. Even those who waffle shite about respect.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 45
view profile
History
The End Of Obamadom &c
Posted: 10/15/2018 2:43:54 PM
A quote from a comedian in the 1980's when Reagan was still President comes to mind...
"You can't blame the President for everything that's wrong with this country. That's like blaming Ronald McDonald if you get a bad cheeseburger."

Every circus needs its clown, so we can laugh at their predicaments and pain. If you are still angrily hunting down someone who retired from the Big Top to prove a point - that makes YOU the one being laughed at now.
 platitude545
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2018 11:31:50 AM

Looks like Sears/Kmart will be folding soon.
Who gets credit for that?

A lot of the credit goes to our current Treasury Secretary under Trump....Mnuchin, along with his pal Eddie Lampert who probably have more to do with the failure of Sears they anybody.... they strip-mined the company....intentionally...because the made a fortune from doing so....with no intention of capitalizing Sears compete with its competition...their intent was to get as much out of the business for themselves for as long as they could before, they absolutely knew, Sears would be compelled to declare Bankruptcy and maybe dissolve. Since they started their financial engineering well more than a decade ago, Sears has been on a one-way path to destruction.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2018 3:47:32 PM
Sears going in the hole can blame no one but themselves. Their undoing is because they thought they were better than everyone. That company drove other businesses into bankruptcy long before they themselves got in trouble.

Case in point- appliances. They would buy others, and have them shove the Kenmore name on them. Once the company was vested into building for Sears, Sears would drop the purchase price of the unit from the manufacturer. So the builder had a choice, lose some from Sears, or a lot by not selling to them. They were good about making them change their part stocking numbers, so that parts could only be bought from Sears. They in turn, made the parts so expensive, that it cost a small fortune to repair their junk. ( Add in very slow delivery of parts. 2-3 weeks was not uncommon) And they were real good about making parts obsolete, so that buying new was your only option.

Garage door openers were a classic demonstration of that. Sears openers, were made by Chamberlain. Take the covers off both in a side by side comparison, no one could tell them apart. But the part numbers were entirely different. Order a $25 part from Chamberlain, from Sears, it would be $75, (Or more) I kept an old Chamberlain around, just to use the part numbers so that I could buy cheaper parts.

Sears going Bye Bye? I'll miss them so LITTLE.
 LGL1975
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2018 4:01:57 PM
Shekels-Roebucks
 Rumours
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/17/2018 4:14:46 PM
I grew up with the Eaton catalogue...we would gaze longingly at the toys when the Christmas catalogue came out.
I can even remember going to an Eaton store in Mission...in the 1960's.
My mom ordered all of our presents through it...on credit and pretty much took the whole year to pay it off and start again. They closed up.

Then Sears came along in my generation. My first credit card.
They had a good replacement policy and I had no trouble with anything...I ever ordered.
In fact, I can remember returning a table set because the leaves didn't close proper and then realized on dismantaling...it was my daughters bf had put one of the brackets on backwards......I still returned it and got a new one.

They actually had an interest free financing.. if you ordered through them on a equal payment plan.
I would buy one new thing at a time...pay it off and then order another.
From all bathroom items(toilet, 3 piece enclosure etc), and all my other appliances.

They closed up here because of the competition....online shopping took over.
Bigger...better cheaper deals can be found.
The Bay stores will be next.
 Seamist474
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2018 8:19:53 PM
^^^

I worked at Eaton's just before I got married. Much of my furniture came from there because of my employee discount. Plus, you got a greater discount on the stuff in the outdated catalogue just before the new one came out. The Christmas one was the best. My kids would pick out their favorite toys and go through it until it was all dog eared.

Sears was further away and a visit to Sears, or Woodwards, was a big deal. I think my first credit card was a Sears card. I was sad to see them leave but they had got so junky over the years. Remember Zellers? And Target came and left, didn't last a year. I hope The Bay doesn't go away. I was saying to someone the other day "where will we go for good bras and panties if The Bay closes", Victoria's Secret is fine, so is LaSenza but if you want good stuff - The Bay.

We have become a Walmart and Costco country, US and Canada. Sad that, all shyt made in China. Even those ugly MAGA hats worn by the ugly Trump supporters are made in China. You'd think that that POS would at least support American manufacturing. Everything in a Harley store is made offshore, may as well by Honda crap.

Good thing Obama got the country moving again so that Trump could take all the credit for it. Obama had a tough couple years to start and its been going up every since about the middle of his first term. Thank you Obama.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Aren't We Witnessing The End Of Obamadom