Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Looks like I'm being ghosted - by a guy I will 100% see again. Help?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kevin116
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Looks like I'm being ghosted - by a guy I will 100% see again. Help?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
a few weeks ago I joined a social group where there was a massive turn-out at the first meeting. At one point I noticed a guy standing in a different circle kept looking over at me, but seemed too nervous to approach. So I put him out of his misery by flashing a big smile, at which point he came right over and introduced himself. At the end of the night I had a strong feeling he wanted to ask for my number, but seemed too nervous to do it in front of the group.

Next day he added me on Facebook, having found me through the event function. I got talking to him, asking if he'd like to go to an event together. He said he'd love to and the date was set! We chatted once a day up until the date a week later & he seemed super excited. Date night came & he seemed very interested, complimenting me just the right amount (not love-bombing) & asking interesting, in-depth questions about me. Later some friends from the group joined us and we set tongues wagging - as he didn't leave my side all night. I would say...it was a very INTENSE first date. We talked life values, philosophy, politics, future dreams etc...oh and he casually tells me he's moving to another country (a couple of hours away) early next year!

The date ended up going on for several hours and he insisted on paying for everything. Now just before the end of the date he blurted out that he was very shy, though trying to overcome his anxieties & also let slip that he was seeing a psychologist. He walked me home & didn't try it on. He contacted me straight afterwards and then again the next morning, to see how I was doing and how my day was going.

Since then 2 days ago? NOTHING. Complete and utter tumbleweed. To be honest I just feel a bit upset because I feel bared my soul to him and vice versa, moreso than I ever have before on any first date. What is even worse is that I may bump into him tomorrow at an event and undoubtedly at more events through our mutual social group in future. I'm feeling pretty upset at the moment, as I did like him and thought he seemed decent. How to deal?

yes, I am so sorry for you Same thing happened to me on POF. Had an awesome date there Nothing. then I get to rend some heightfield person on my profile reviews Post.
 Katy_124
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Looks like I'm being ghosted - by a guy I will 100% see again. Help?
Posted: 10/21/2018 3:06:49 PM
*Verdict*: All systems are go!! Less than an hour into the date he spontaneously gave me a long hug, so as he pulled away I kissed him (and he kissed back!). By the end of the night we were holding hands and snogging like teenagers...so I guess that is my question answered LOL. I felt I did have to make that first move, but once I did he started initiating intimate moments with me.
 hemingway234
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2018 6:53:54 AM
You kissed him? - good job, you go girl!
 ssm508
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2018 7:22:16 AM

All systems are go!! Less than an hour into the date he spontaneously gave me a long hug, so as he pulled away I kissed him (and he kissed back!). By the end of the night we were holding hands and snogging like teenagers...so I guess that is my question answered LOL. I felt I did have to make that first move, but once I did he started initiating intimate moments with me.

I'm glad the date went well for you. As mentioned before, some men can be overly cautious until a woman clearly makes the first move. Sometimes it's because they are nervous, shy or inexperienced. Other times it can be because of what happened on previous dates. Such as thinking he was overaggressive or too eager with other women and it backfired on him.
 Katy_124
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2018 2:25:03 PM
Yes Hemingway! I lost my confidence this year after my ex cheated and left me for another woman...but suddenly on this date I thought what the hell...I am a BOLD woman. I go after what I want. So I did! :)

We are going out again in a few days and he is planning the date. It's a breath of fresh air compared to my ex who never planned because he liked to live 'spontaneously'. Like I can't believe I put up with that nonsense for so long.

I am guessing that he is inexperienced. He is very quiet at first but he has a lot of depths to him and he's very intelligent. He matches me in that way and we have a lot of fun together. But I am still being cautious as I really only emerged from the last serious RL 7 months ago.
 Gwuvis66
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2018 6:19:20 AM
Because we haven't kissed and he barely touches me- some men are running scared because of the #metoo movement. Men are afraid to even be men anymore.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Looks like I'm being ghosted - by a guy I will 100% see again. Help?